I am scared to tell my boyfriend that I am pregnant: Advice?

But be honest with him sooner rather than later it just makes things worse when you wait.

1 Like

He’s probably married.

17 Likes

This will be the first of many difficult things you’ll have to do as a parent. Might as well start by putting on your cape and owning the shit out of it. Be strong.

You feel this way for a reason. Follow your instincts. People will judge you. In reality their judgement means nothing. They don’t have to live with the consequences. You do.

You are probably about to find out he is married as well…idk but be prepared for anything but you have to say something…and make sure this is through Dr and not just a pee stick…make sure 100% before telling him

Sex with no protection = pregnancy

If you both didn’t want a baby you both would of used protection that is no accident.

Just tell him “hey you know how we never use protective contraception it’s resulted in me getting pregnant”

Tell him in text if you are to nervous to say it in person or do something cute face to face and tell him

13 Likes

You should never be afraid to tell your spouse anything

2 Likes

Well you going to have to tell him sooner or later. Might as well tell him now and get it over with. what ever happens, happens.

1 Like

I may receive backlash for this, but if you’re that scared to tell him, maybe he isn’t the man you should be with. You should never be scared/afraid of your partner. Mine and my fiances age gap isn’t that big but, we had talked from the time we got together that he didn’t necessarily want children,but only because he was with someone for 15 years prior to meeting me and they had tried for 7 years and nothing, and then about a year into our relationship I had a cyst burst on my ovary and had to go the hospital and was told I couldn’t conceive, now we have a 18 month old.

6 Likes

My husband & I were together for 6 months when I found out I was pregnant, now we have 2 handsome boys & 1 on the way ( don’t know the gender ) we’ve been together for 5 years. Married for 1 of those. Sometimes kids are the best thing to happen to you. You can’t hide it

Best thing to do is just tell him, I don’t have a huge age gap between me and my baby’s dad… but I got pregnant 2 months in. We met in March I was pregnant by may found out in June… I now have a healthy 4 month old cutie pie baby boy, but me and his dad are no longer together. Be strong mama.

Your a big girl talk to him

Tell him in public if you’re afraid of his reaction. But tell him soon. Don’t wait.

Is there a reason why you’re scared to tell him? Because he does need to know. If this baby ruins things between y’all then that just shows you what kindof man he is. Not a man you want in your life. It takes 2 to make that baby and it should take atleast 2 to raise it. He is responsible as well. Were y’all not prepared for this kind of situation? When you start having sex it’s definitely worth a discussion. Let him show you what kind of man he really is. Good luck!

4 Likes

I had the same problem my now husband and I weren’t even dating we were just friends with benefits. After about a month or so I ended up pregnant. I was so afraid to tell him because he always talked about not wanting anymore kids because he had one already plus our age gap is 14 years. But now we have been together for 8, married for 5 and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Keep your head up you got this. :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

My boyfriend and I were serious with each other for less than 6 months when I found out I was pregnant. I immediately called the night I found out because I had to be admitted to hospital for appendicitis as well. 10 years age difference, he’s older

Honestly the sooner you tell him the better, just be straight up, go to doctors and get it confirmed by a blood test, and then tell him you went to the doctors and they did tests, and showed you are pregnant, either he stays or goes, nothing you do or say can change how he feels on the situation. Leaving it will just cause you a huge amount of stress and you’ll be miserable.

5 Likes

I stfg this page can’t be real

10 Likes

Getting pregnant is no accident. You knowingly climbed into bed with a dude 17 years your senior and even if you used protection, nothing is ever 100% so. Not an accident. Now, you get it confirmed by a doctor, tell baby daddy and decide what you want to do about it: keep the baby or get an abortion or put it up for adoption.

19 Likes

I found myself pregnant 27 years ago. We had only been together three times… he was not so kind with the news, but, I now have an amazing daughter who is 26. She’s a computer engineer and simply blows my mind ALL of the time! My advice is to do what’s best for you. He wanted me to abort, but I chose a different path. I don’t regret a thing! She is my pride and joy! :two_hearts:

21 Likes

Well if he is that old (nothing wrong with it) then he’s a big boy… he knows what could happen if he laid down with you. :woman_shrugging:t4: it’s takes two to tango. Just as much his doing as it is yours. Don’t be scared. He did it too!

14 Likes

Make sure you have the results from the dr and then tell him asap. It may be scary but the longer you are pregnant the scarier it will get. I know what it’s like to have that fear, I dealt with that and the backlash of the news and tons more since she was born but you know what? It was worth it, every single moment good or bad was worth it because I have a daughter that I love more than anything in this world and she loves me. If he doesn’t stick around that’s his loss. You got this and will get through it, one day when you’re older you may even be able to look back and laugh. Plus you never know, maybe he will be happy and excited! Yes nervous because the relationship is new but I’ve seen that work a lot of times. Keep your head up and just be honest, the scariest thing is wondering what a person’s reaction is. You hope for the best and prepare for the worst and when it happens you do what you have to do for that baby and you! Good luck!

1 Like

I went through something similar. My son saved my life. I couldn’t live without him and he’s almost 6 months old. Not with his dad since 8 weeks pregnant and we are fine.

4 Likes

Well this is how I see it he knew if he was having unprotected sex with you it could happen so he shouldn’t mind

5 Likes

With every action there is a consequence. You guys had unprotected sex and now you’re pregnant. Say “ how would you feel about being a dad?”

6 Likes

17 years older and you’re scared?? Why are you scared? Sex protected or not can result in pregnancy girl. He knew this before you were born lol jokes aside, he needs to know :heart: You being scared though worries me. Why are you scared?

7 Likes

It’s not really an accident if you had unprotected sex you both knew what you were doing.

16 Likes

I dated my boyfriend 2 months and found out I was pregnant a month later he was okay with it just not his family and found out it was twins now we’re have been together for 9 years not married though we have four wonderful boys and we’re done having kids

4 Likes

You’re obviously wayy younger then him he knew pregnancy was a possibility with you

1 Like

:joy: he’s going to know somethings up soon enough!! Fess up

3 Likes

Chanel you honest with him you’re not the only one that’s fault for this he didn’t want a kid and he should have done some protection or something you know he didn’t want kids and he should be doing something to prevent it if he’s going to have fun so you just plain and simple going to sit down and talk with him

1 Like

I’d your old enough to have sex, your old enough to tell him that your pregnant.

14 Likes

Didn’t you know he was 17 years years older when you were getting down? Tell him and make your decision

2 Likes

You gotta tell him and there’s no accidents honey! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What do you want? Stand strong behind your wants and needs. You can do this

He didn’t just slip and fall into your vagina…. Y’all did it… :woman_shrugging:t2:

Tell him. Now. He has a right to know

2 Likes

Well you’re not married. So break it off.

11 Likes

No matter what he will eventually find out…just tell him and what happens…happens. hold your head high, take one day at a time and I’m sure things will workout somehow. Good luck

all of you coming at her need to relax.
I remember when I was pregnant for the first time at 18 and I was scared too.
people laughing about her being scared should be ashamed.
girl, what I would do is just approach him and tell him “hey I’m scared about telling you something, but I am pregnant” deal with the reaction afterwards :heart: you may he surprised, he could be very happy!

6 Likes

If he’s 17 years older than you then he’s more than well aware of what happens when he nuts in a girl without a condom

16 Likes

Are you scared because he is married??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

Well, if u want to keep the baby, then perhaps dont tell him until your into the 2nd trimester then that way he cant tell u to abort the baby. If he wants to leave u then show him the damn door

I found out I was a month pregnant after dating my boyfriend at the time 2 months. I was 23 and he was 14 years older. That was in 2000. We now have 2 daughters together. 20 and 16 years old. We’ve been together 21 years. (12 of them married). It definitely puts stress on the relationship getting pregnant that soon but it can have a great outcome as well. You definitely need to tell him though. He may be happy about it. Especially since he’s older than you. I hope everything works out well for you
Congratulations on the pregnancy. Everything happens for a reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Just tell him. Just say hey I’m pregnant lol

1 Like

I was 23 when I got pregnant the first time & with my boyfriend I wanna say 6 or 7 years. I was still nervous and cried. We both cried. Its scary no matter the age. But just tell him straight up. Its the most honest way to do it when you aren’t ttc.

Women are usually always the first to know they are pregnant, and then they’re faced with breaking the news, You have over a 98% chance that you will be involved in that childs life, the fathers statistics are far less that he will be in the picture, tell him by all means but dont let his response deter you from the greatest joy you’ll likely ever experience

5 Likes

Well he’s just as responsible as you are so just tell him and be honest! Besides you both knew what could happen and it’s both of your faults so he was man enough to play without protection and you both knew what the consequences could be! Know this sounds harsh but it’s not like you both didn’t have a choice! Always remember when you play you pay! Be praying for you and hope everything works out for you both!

7 Likes

I hate when people say getting pregnant was an accident. Everyone knows that sperm mixed with eggs results in babies. It’s not an accident. Lol. It may not have been a planned pregnant, but it wasn’t an accident. Nobody “accidentally” gets pregnant.

12 Likes

I would just tell him and see what he says

It wasn’t an accident.

2 Likes

Wow! Some of us are very judgemental this morning ladies! Asking if your scared because hes married, new relationship add on an unplanned pregnancy and it’s hard. But op asked for advice not a slating.
My advice would be tell him, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Take his feelings into consideration but ultimately you have to do what you need/want. Yes a baby wasn’t planned but can you afford one? Donyou have your own place ect? Do you have a good support bubble IF you are a single mum? For you even want to carry on with the pregnancy? If not do you know your options there? Just find out all the info you can and make your own choice. Your boyfriend may even step up and be a good father and partner. All the best love x

7 Likes

I mean … it comes with the words “I’m pregnant” and ends with the words you agree on.

Wasn’t an accident, just didn’t take precautions to much protection out there for both of you. Just tell him your pregnant. He maybe happy about it, if not it’s still the greatest gift from God you’ll receive, Hugs and prayers for the three of you :heart:Godless.

Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Dr ogbeta I was so confused and devastated when my husband left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I was pregnant and I love him with all my heart . So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 16 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my husband who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details
message him by via page link

1 Like

Well sounds like he probably knows when you both participated in unprotected sex & won you both the grand prize so it shouldn’t be too shocking for him. Lol

So you have your baby if you want to… and he plays his part how he wants to. The end

Your body, your choisw

Message me baby girl

Girl I would wait until you can’t hide it anymore. It’s better to go through the early stages stress free. If things take a turn for the worse at least you’ll be further along and possibly be able to save a little money before hand :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkles:

1 Like

Stupid is as stupid does :rofl::rofl: wasnt an accident wen u were havn unprotected SEX was it?? Suck it up. Ither tell him and keep it and raise it together or b a single mum, or go and have an abortion!! The choice is urs and urs alone!! Dont make him tell u what to do if u dont want to

4 Likes

Congratulation! Just tell him your pregnant. If he doesnt want it. You carry on look after that little life inside you.

2 Likes

I cant stand people who call it a accident. I would Just Tell him… No need to go around the Bush with it. Just Come out straight im pregnant.

4 Likes

Kids are not accidents lol, simply the result of unprotected sex and I’m 100% sure everyone is aware of the outcome of not using some sort of protection!!

Just tell him, he can either be very supportive and happy and be an amazing partner and father or worst case he gaps it!! You won’t know till you tell him

8 Likes

He is old enough to know if he is out her raw dogging after 3 months that this would happen. Just be honest and tell him.

10 Likes

Just tell him. His either going to walk away or stay. Either way you will learn fast what kind of person he is.

4 Likes

There are no accidents, only surprises!

11 Likes

I’ll tell him simple fact is you need to know where he stands with the idea of a child especially if you plan on keeping the child you need to know whether or not he’s going to be in your life and in the child’s life or is it just going to be you prepare yourself for that situation.
My first child was an accident and when I told my partner at the time that I was pregnant he said straightaway that he would like to stay with me but didn’t want the child so if he was to stay with me while I was pregnant he would leave the moment I went into labour so I told him to leave that moment, yes it was heartbreaking at the time but if he was going to leave me anyway no matter what I did didn’t make the difference in the situation would’ve just gotten harder the further along pregnant I was going to be I think the situation came out better because later on much later on I met someone who treats her as his own you wouldn’t know any different

1 Like

Y’all do realize you can get pregnant on birth control right? She not once said she was having unprotected sex so calling her stupid isn’t gonna help the situation.

14 Likes

There is never 100% protection unless you have your tubes tied or you are a nun.

And I’m pretty sure everyone knows this.
Kids are not accidents they are blessings.

7 Likes

I feel pregnant with my son the first time I slept with my partner 24 years on still together

1 Like

Hahaha how funny and stupid are these answers no one obviously grown here to realise accidents do happen yes sir!! This girl could have well been protected and so could her man and it could have failed so there for it was not done on purpose but rather an accident … smh at all those who clearly failed sex ed !!! :unamused::smirk:

7 Likes

Well he has a right to know that he has a baby on the way! Regardless of what you or he chooses to do! The baby was not an accident you had sex without protection there for you didnt prevent it from happening.

Ummm… I’m sure he finished off in you so it’s not a secret that there was a possibility! Just tell him. If it was sex without protection, it was no accident!

1 Like

You where having unprotected sex. It shouldn’t be a shock that you got pregnant. You need to tell him and not wait. Takes two to tango. Now their is a baby involved. Best wished with your baby.

If you are old enough to have sex without proper precautions then you’re old enough to tell your boyfriend that you created a baby. Accident my ass.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I am scared to tell my boyfriend that I am pregnant: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Sweet heart just be honest and if he’s a good guy he’ll do the right thing. You need to know in yourself if it doesn’t workout are you prepared to be a single mum. Good luck

7 Likes

It’s either tell him or break up with him & raise the child as a single mother. Grow up, you have sex, you can get pregnant. It’s part of life sweetie. You will find out if he’s a good person real fast.

5 Likes

A baby is a gift from above u may be young but u not stupid. U have to be honest and tell him the truth as young as u are so him that u mature and responsible and with his love and support u could be a good wife life happens darling child and now u become wiser and brave to be a mom ok lots of love take care of ur self

4 Likes

Tell as time goes by quickly. If he cares he will do the right thing . Pray and remember God is always by your side and no matter what , everything will turn out ok . Bless you . God loves you !

12 Likes

I got pregnant not that long after I met my husband. He was very supportive when I told him and now we have been married 11 yrs and have 3 beautiful daughters. If hes the right one he will stick around and be supportive.

16 Likes

Tell him that making love to pretty young girls often results in fatherhood.

5 Likes

Congratulations :tada:
Just like a movie, say you are pregnant and would like to keep the baby, with smile :blush: And, if you need his support, ask yourself how far how often you need him for you to deliver the baby. Do you want him to stay with you until the baby is born? Do you want him to attend classes with you? Don’t just expect him to do what you want. He needs exactly what you need and guidance. And, if he can’t handle it, he will tell you.

Be honest and he might surprise you…and be ok with it

4 Likes

Tell him. But present it as positive news.

2 Likes

Wow , should never ruin things , if he gets mad , he’s not for you , ! If he get mad get rid of him and a have a beautiful baby and move on ! If he loves it will a beautiful new journey for both of you ! It takes two to make the baby ! You find out what kind of man he really is with his reaction !!

I’m sure you both will figured it out

Suggestion: Be joyful. Dont act like a victim here. Take the bull by the horns and be honest. Worst case scenario, he will be elated! Best case scenario - he will be elated! It will ALL be ok honey. Maybe something different than your plan, but it will be ok.

11 Likes

Really! If a baby is going to ruin your relationship, than you are in the wrong relationship. Just tell him and move forward, regardless of his reaction. It’s your life, don’t settle.

When he and you agreed to be sexually active, believe me honey he knew the risks even with protection. If he acts all stupid and shady he isnt worth having you and the baby. When you feel it’s the right moment tell him.

9 Likes

You both made a decision. You need to “woman” up and tell him. If he is supportive. Great If he isn’t you need to search yourself for how you feel and what you want. But dad needs to know. In that short of a time he could be amazingly supportive as a dad (even if the relationship doesn’t last). You don’t don’t know until you speak up. If he is not supportive you will be surprised the amount of strength you find taking care of a child. I don’t know your age or career endeavors. If you decide to not have your child after informing the dad just make sure it’s the best decision for you. Ultimately. It’s your decision and what you want to do. With that I say search your heart Abd make sure if you tell him or not that it’s not a skeleton on your closet you go to bed with every night

1 Like

Life happens.
Either he will or he wont be there. Best thing I can tell you if he leaves let him go. Its a headache you dont need. Trust me. One thing. If you hit him up for child support he is in your life forever.
If he is all good now fine. It may stay good. But should it change just remember Forever.
I will say get a good job you can support you 2 on and do your thing.

14 Likes

Hope you can tell him ASAP so you can plan what is going to happen in the coming months not an accident it is unplanned it sounds much better all the very best and stay safe

1 Like

Tell him either way. Sooner the better and he should have used a condom if he flips it back on you. Be strong and choose what’s best for you. Raise it or adopt out.

1 Like

Theres a lot of you s on here , its not about you anymore ,its about the litlle life y all created ,to me children are a gift from god

It takes 2 to tango - you are both responsible so you should not be scared to tell him. If he is decent, he will step up and share the responsibility with you.

2 Likes

If he does not want to be involved, when the baby comes He needs to help.Paying a sitter while you work leaves nothing to live on.He lives with you, he takes responsibility for the sex.He could have used prevention. Or made sure you did. Too many young girls are bieng used in today’s world.Both will benefit by marriage.

If he loves you he will stand by you. If he gets mad and leaves then he isn’t someone you want raising your baby.

YES you should discuss this with him. He is as responsible as you are. If it ruins things, then he isn’t much of a man. How old are you? Has he expressed any strong feelings for you? Lots of things have to be considered. Hope I’ve helped. I’ve been through this YEARS ago.