I am struggling in my marriage due to my religious beliefs

Send me a pm. I have been practicing paganism and witchcraft for years. I can help you learn. If he can’t accept you for what you believe. Then I’m sorry, you are better off. I’m glad you found your path. I’m sorry he is not accepting you for who you are. It’s bullshit how Christians treat others. They think they are right and everyone else is wrong. They are the most judgemental people I’ve met. They believe in a fictional Character. But paganism and wicca can prove mother nature exists.

You don’t think it’s bad because Christianity isn’t important to you, but to someone who it is important to, it’s very bad. And it hurts to know that someone we love, no longer has the same view of love. I hope you can take a step back to think clearly. Also know that going to church isn’t what makes a Christian a Christian. What makes a person a Christian is the want to follow Jesus, the effort they put into their relationship with Christ. There are so many churches in the world. I recommend watching a sermon from Elevation Church. it’s incredible. Sometimes where we go to church, ends up being a church that isn’t the right place or match for us. Don’t forget, the devil will try so hard to separate you from God if He knows your time to serve is coming. Be strong. Consider watching a sermon from the church I mentioned.

14 Likes

Christianity derived from paganism. Paganism is not satanism. I truly connect to this question because I sought Pentecostal churches my whole life on my own my family wasn’t heavily religious. But I sought the church anyways because I wanted to believe in god. However as an adult I studied into paganism and Wicca and truly felt I resonated with it more. I felt spiritually more connected to that religion. There was no false marriage when you met when you fell in love when you got married you were in the Christian faith. However as time passed your views and beliefs changed. The world is a huge melting pot of beliefs and religions and whose to say as human being we are confined to the one we start with or were taught. As an adult true wisdom is studying and learning on your own and seeking what resonates with you the most. It might be time to discuss counseling or other options because he needs to better understand who you are now and not who he views you as which is who you were.

9 Likes

Bottom line. A house divided will not stand. Praying you come to the knowledge that there is only one true God. He’s our creator and he sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for you and I.

28 Likes

My opinion is… follow your heart and soul, we are all connected regardless, and any christian would know this.

People change and so does the way they start to believe things.
And also doesn’t mean you don’t believe in God.
“Me” as an example

I believe in individuality :100: and their beliefs… I believe in God, I believe in the universe, I believe in mother earth, goddess,

I also believe in,

LOVE because love is everything…
“Spirit” I am very spiritual, and if someone thinks “I” can’t love them no matter their religion… then I am obviously not the one blind to the purpose of life and all living things…

A cat can love a dog.
Some cats love water, some don’t.

Any mother or father can love another’s child. So, if it were me, I would lead by example, no matter what. :heart::green_heart: Hope this helps.

6 Likes

In a few of my spell books they have scriptures from the Bible specifically for using, should one choose, with the spell.

4 Likes

It’s a pretty big subject to disagree on and may be a game changer. Good luck to you guys. It’ll truly be up to you both to decide where you go from here.

2 Likes

Lol this is beyond ridiculous, Most “Christians” I have met are nothing but judgemental assholes…I’m pretty sure Christians are told not to judge and love one another…I can’t quote the Bible because I do not read the Bible and I never have. The problem with religion is majority of it is fake, what is real I’d what a person actually believes not what one person tells another group of people to believe. Religion is bullshit and your husband’s response aswell as all the “Christians” on this group is also bullshit.

I’m with you girl, do what makes YOU happy and if he can’t respect your journey why on farts sparrow should you continue to respect his?

I didn’t see the part where he’s controlling what she can or can’t believe and he’s not allowing her to express herself….

As followers of Christ, we are commanded to not knowingly marry someone of different doctrinal beliefs. But the husband (or wife) is not commanded to leave her now that she has discovered she no longer believes… if she decides to leave him, he is to let her go.

There’s two ways you can handle this, you can stay with him and work out what this will look like for the rest of your marriage if he is faithful in honoring the marriage covenant. Or you can leave him and both be free to marry someone with the same beliefs.

Also just as he cannot force you to be a follower of Christ, you cannot “make” him understand anything nor form any opinion that is different than the one he already has. You can only give him information and he will do with it what he wants.

5 Likes

Repent and put GOD in your heart you can’t go wrong….it’s the ONLY way forward to heaven💯

18 Likes

first of all, I am gonna preface this with saying I am not trying to come across as judgemental or anything and to please keep in mind that I am autistic with ADHD, so sometimes things come out harsher than I meant it, I am just fairly blunt and cannot help it. Secondly, I do not care who believes in what. Everyone’s walk in spirituality- or lack thereof- is between them and the Divine or them and the Universe, whatever they believe in. I personally am Mormon, so a subsect of Christian given that we do believe in the Bible, God and believe in and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, so at the most bare bones and brass tacks, if you look of the definition of Christian, which is literally a follower/ believer/ disciple of Christ, then yes, us Mormons are, in fact, Christian and we aint the only subsect that uses other books as scripture, or has no one heard of the Catholic’s Apocrypha? Anyways, I digress. Look. I am gonna ask you to look at this from your husband’s shoes. If YOU were in HIS place and it turned out that HE had long since felt drawn to a path that was very different from what he had always told YOU and had decided to follow THAT path, no matter WHAT it was (it could be sports teams for all I care. All that matters is that it is a significant part of your life, that you have always observed it one way or another, etc). Are you really saying that in HIS place, that YOU would not be feeling that he had lied and that your marriage was built on lies and false pretenses at least a LITTLE bit? Most people would. What you practice and what you believe does not matter to ME: I have a friend who is a Muslim, I have loved ones who are Athiest and Agnostic, I have friends who are, like you, Wiccan. I love them all and have no judgement and hate in my heart for you OR for them. Do I AGREE with it? No. But disagreement is not the same as judgement. I do not know if your marriage can be saved: this is a BIG area of disagreement and in many cases, it causes divorce by means of ‘irreconcilable differences’. IF your marriage is salvageable, then I would look into a therapist.

7 Likes

Explain to him all Christian holidays started out as Celtic Pagan rituals
Including Christmas and Easter

Wicca is more about worshipping the 4 elements (earth , wind , fire and water)
And worshipping Mother Earth

10 Likes

AS I consider Christ a shaman just go for the social interaction, because that’s all it’s good for.

I understand why he says u lied to him, because in truth you really did, marriage is a life time and u both knew the type of people u wanted to marry. Before u jump ship and assume you are not living your true self try church hoping. As far away from churches that align with what u grew up with. I’m African so I will give u recommendations of who to listen to based of what I listen too

Church
-mt zion Christian center

• Michael Todd
  • elevation

Songs

• victor Thompson
    *Dependable
    Victor also does alot of worship on his YouTube
    Minister GUS
  • To faithful
  • Desperate
  • God of vengeance

I like Hillsong songs as well but I usually get covers of most of their songs

9 Likes

There are things called Christian Witches aswell. (I’m not sure if you’re aware of this which is why I’m commenting about it.)
If you’re calling is to paganism- then no one should step in the way of that. No number of confessions- no number of Sundays or Wednesdays, no number of how many scriptures or verses you’ve memorized will change what you’re being called to- weather that’s Paganism, Christianity, Buddhism or any other religion.

If he can’t still love you for who you are- then it may be a deal breaker.
I will recommend a book that you could try to have him read that’s really helpful with what paganism/wicca is and etc. (It also has some helpful tools in it for you aswell!!)
It may open his eyes to it a bit. My mother always wanted all of her kids (4 of us) to be Christian as that’s the way we were raised. But the Gods had bigger plans for me and a few of my other siblings. My mother has always been open to learning new things and etc aswell tho. She doesn’t read the Bible and take it word for word like others (and she’s read the Bible ALOT. Each time she finishes it- she starts reading it again. She’s read it over a couple handful of times just within the last 5yrs and she’s been doing this for over a decade now)

Alot of Christians take the Bible exactly as it was written (he made it rain fish- people think literal fish were falling from the sky- while my mother takes it as- he taught them new ways to fish to gather more which would be as if it were raining fish.)
If your partner is like that^ I’m not sure there’s much you can do. But ik the paganism family will welcome you with open arms. Just please don’t let him block a calling- your ancestors are probably trying to tell you that your path your currently on isn’t the one meant for you.

Sending so much love, peace, strength and communicative vibes your way. :sparkling_heart: (Replies has the book i had read when I felt my calling.)

4 Likes

I applaud you, you go girl.

7 Likes

My husband is catholic and I’m I don’t care. We just don’t talk about religion. I’m pro believe and practice what you want. And so is he. We butt heads every now and than but for the most part find commen ground. It takes 2 understanding people to do this. But I grew up in 2 different house holds. My mom was Mormon and my dad a witness, great aunt was Baptist and uncle was catholic. So I was raised around a ton of different religions. Basically all of them teach the same thing just different wording, some are super strict and some less strict. You do you. Ask him to love you for you and not the church. He didn’t marry the church. He married you.

I’m sorry that you are struggling. I know what it’s like to not be on the same page with the one you love and married.
In my opinion, (just my opinion) it sounds like you might have been struggling with something prior to being married and finding a church. The negative thoughts that always consumed you about being shunned just gave the devil a stronger hold on you.
In my opinion, I believe that when you stopped praying and having faith in Jesus, the devil showed you what he needed you to see in order for you to feel good.
I can imagine your husband and how he feels, and I’m almost positive he is hurting just as you were struggling.
I think you talking to your husband and telling him how you felt is good. I think your husband should pray for you, and continue to pray for your marriage because there is so much power in prayer.
If he is a God praising, Jesus believing, Bible reading, praying and worshiping Christian, then he knows that what you’re doing is actually that bad. There isn’t any way around it. You are still loved by God, and you can still pray and ask God to help you with all you’re going through.
Remember, sometimes people get “a church” confused with a building. But “we” your husband, myself and other Christians in this feed alone are the church and I will pray for you.

Your last question asked, Where do I go from here? You Drop to your knees and pray. You sit where you are and pray! If you have no words, just sit there, alone in the quiet.
If you ever at one point accepted Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior, the NOTHING, not even the devil can pluck you from His hand.

You are still loved. I will definitely pray for you and your marriage right now and I’ll add you to my daily prayers.

Lord Heavenly Father, I come to you now in Jesus’ name with the power of the Holy Spirit and I lift this woman, whom you know, and her marriage up to you. Your children are struggling and suffering. Your word says that your son cried “it is finished” and when Jesus gave it all on the cross, it covered this woman sin and her marriage as well. I believe your plan is greater than their struggles and I ask you now to place your hands upon them, give her a hedge of protection, also protection around their marriage and family. I rebuke, in Jesus name anything that is not of You and is of the enemy! Lord father I ask that you allow the power of prayer, forgiveness, your blessings and grace be given to this woman and her husband. I ask this in Jesus name, Amen!

10 Likes

Explain to him that God flushes almost half of all “conceived human lives” down the toilet with urine and feces, that homo sapiens interbred with Nearderthals and Denisovans hundreds of thousands of years ago, and that he needs to grow up and move past this nursery school religion BS or you can move on without him, end of story.

6 Likes

I’m atheist so everyone telling you that you’re going to hell are morons!! This post is full of crazy Bible bangers, truly! Just do what you want, if he can’t handle it he can leave. All religion is dumb imo, but you do you!

12 Likes

Your beliefs can be compatible. Jesus taught compassion and understanding. There are many religions that are WAY older than Christianity. Do your research.

3 Likes

Look for wiccans who also believe in God as there are many, seek advice from people who have found harmony between both faiths.

5 Likes

I would remind him that you don’t have to agree on the same things but you do have to respect them. This includes religion. I never understood why two people had to have the same religious views to be married to each other. I believe in god and my husband does not. Religion is a personal choice and it isn’t my place to judge others or berate them if they believe something different then what I do. I simply ask that I do not get judged either for believing what I believe. Basically I push for mutual respect. I would strongly advise marriage counseling. He needs to learn how to see things from your side as well as his. People change as they get older and if he truly loves you he should find some sort of compromise.

12 Likes

I’m pagan and I say F$&@ your husband lmao he sounds so judgmental. He’s either gonna have to love and accept you as you are or you might have to be who you are away from him. No matter what don’t give up on your beliefs and what feels right :green_heart:

11 Likes

Wow!!! First of all you. If your husband can’t accept you for the person you really are, the person you’re truly meant to be. He doesn’t deserve to be your husband. You are your own person. That is just one aspect of who you are. Not all of you. He either needs to accept your beliefs are y’all need to both move on.

10 Likes

There’s a whole lot of you forcibly raised on a religion that as a child you had no understanding of and the trauma shows! As an adult you suddenly are allowed to free-think and then discover you can educate yourself and you alone have the choice over your beliefs. I don’t think you’ve lied to him at all. I think you found your true self! Because you were finally able to! And I’ll be honest here… not accepting or allowing you to be able to have or express your own belief is actually toxic and controlling… maybe this is less about religion after all. And more about you “obeying” him :woman_shrugging:

Just another view from my perspective!

Sooo many religions claim to be based on love and acceptance yet so many hateful, judgemental comments on here! I don’t think this lady came here to be preached at… yet I prove my point by the terrible, trauma driven, inflexible comments I’ve read. Wow…

18 Likes

I think that’s awesome your doing your thing. But I don’t think he’ll be ok with your choice… sounds like a deal breaker for him. Some people can’t see past the… I’m not a Christian anymore choice.

4 Likes

From a Christian standpoint, it is that bad. I say that because God is a jealous God, you have idolized something in His stead. As a Christian once before, you should understand your husband’s concern and why he doesn’t want any part of paganism and wicca. The Bible says not to practice witchcraft, not to pray to other “gods”, it says to be holy (set apart), to live in the world and not be of the world.

It sounds like maybe you weren’t as far in your Christian walk as your husband if you don’t understand the Bible. Dear One, I pray that you won’t be led astray. God would never lead you to something that would violate His word. Anything that isn’t of Him, isn’t good. Understand that your husband doesn’t want a part of it because it’s against HIS beliefs. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you, it means that he isn’t willing to depart from his religion when you’re going blatantly against his beliefs (and what he thought YOU believed). The Bible says not to be unequally yoked and this is why. Praying for you and your spouse! :blue_heart:

18 Likes

You married him in a Christian religious ceremony knowing you were Pagan inclined? Your beliefs are on the opposing side! I would be gone in a flash if I was a Christian finding this out! I am Christian but I am not a visit to church every week kinda gal But I know even with my faith I would run!

8 Likes

Romans chapter 2. Have him read it. It talks about how judging others is wrong and God is the only judge of people. It also talks about people who aren’t Christians but are still good people with morals and how they are still going to heaven and celebrated by God. The root is that regardless of whether someone says they are a Christian, if they still live by Christian values such as doing no intentional harm to themselves or others, as best they can, ie: not a shitty person, then it doesn’t matter what they believe as far as religion and titles of religion.

Religion should not be the determining factor if you are a good person or not. If you can’t be a good person without the threat of hell, you just aren’t good anyway. I was catholic and I always had my doubts about “God”. I was really convinced that “God” was used for control purposes and there really wasn’t one when the drumpf cult embraced him as a “christian” when he is far from it. I’ll never believe in a “god” again.

6 Likes

Please. . At least give other churches some sort of chance. Just because one isnt for you does not mean they are all wrong. You have to understand… in a christians belief it is to be with someone who is equally yolked. Paganism and wiccan also have “beliefs” but at the end of the day there is only One Heavenly Father God. One way to live forever is through accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior. You should pray and ask for clarification from the Heavenly Father. I think posting here and having so many with opinions, including mine, you are just looking for the person with the answer you want to hear. I would pray and seek truth. Isaiah 30 21…

8 Likes

You did not marry him under false pretence, what a pathetic and hurtful/spiteful thing for him to say to you. Just because you have grown and changed, followed a different path does not mean you lied about who you were. If he had a full head of hair when you married him and then began losing it, would he have married you under false pretences? After all the day you married him he had a full head of hair, right? I am sorry he is behaving this way to you. Marriage requires respect even if you do not agree with everything the other half does. I am a Pagan married to a Christian. I was a non practicing Christian when we dated and then married. I tend to practice my spirituality without disturbing him and vice versa. Some things we can do together while calling it different things. I wrote a spell for my great Niece at her mother’s request and wanted to see if it felt right so asked if I could read it to him…he said he would prefer I did not as it creeps him out and really bothered him. So it was not a problem, I took it outside and cast a circle of protection and began working on it until I,was satisfied with it. If I am doing something he will wait, sometimes watching, other times going back in the house, until I am done and ended my “prayers” as he calls it, before he speaks to me about whatever it was. Which I guess is what it is, just to someone by a different name. If he is reading the Bible, or I see him sitting still with his eyes closed, I wait to speak to him so as not to interrupt him. As with Christianity, there are many kinds of Paganism. It is about respecting and loving one another (I am also a vegan and he is not, yet we make that work too. We have been together 30 years and married 27). We split our celebrations in December and so we celebrate on Yule for the Pagan side and the Christian side on Christmas. On Yule, the gifts we give each other must be handmade (either by us or from a small business, as long as it is hand made), and for Christmas the gifts can be anything. He has admitted in the last few years that he actually likes my Pagan celebration better than the Christian one. I prefer it too. We go for a walk in the woods and sit enjoying Mother Nature, watching the wildlife, etc. I tell you all this to show you that it most certainly can work, it was not easy at the start, but love and respect for the other can make you find a way. I would let him have some space for a bit and then ask to have a serious talk. Let him know how he has made you feel, that you are not even asking him to change his beliefs, that you respect him and love him and therefore respect his choices, but that it is not too much to expect the same curtesy in return. Ask does he expect you to be unhappy and unfulfilled so he can be happy he has a “Christian“ wife? I would ask why it is so important to him that his wife is Christian. Is it because of others? Then I would get to the serious questions such as, what does he expect you to do? Would he be happy to change something he feels firmly about and change it for you to make you happy? Something important to his life? If he would not, why would he expect you to? Could he learn to live with a Pagan wife? After all, you are still a good, decent, kind, loving woman who has kept her marriage vows. Is his love dependent upon your spiritual belief? Where do you guys go now that he knows? I am sure there are many others but these were the ones that immediately sprang to mind. It will not be an easy discussion, so I would make some ground rules you both agree on first. No shouting, no name calling, no gaslighting, to listen while the other is speaking, no insulting or catty snarky comments and if at any time one of you feels it is getting too heated, you can call for a time out and step away for 10-15 mins before coming back to the discussion. It could be that he was just shocked and it was a kneejerk reaction. Having some time to think about it, he may now approach things differently. I wish you the very best of luck with your marriage and with your spiritual path. And remember, you have had a long time to get your head around the changes, this is all still so new to him. Give him time to adjust, ask questions, etc, but please do not allow yourself to be disrespected and insulted. Be safe. :purple_heart:

14 Likes

The people on this post would have a heart attack if they actually knew anything about paganism. They don’t realize that “christians” stole christmas, easter from pagans.

17 Likes

This group is brutal. I had a question and received some good and kind posts/answers to my questions but then again received violent and hateful responses. Take them with a grain of salt. I’m sure my comment will be criticized but I’m just letting you know my experience. Good luck :heart:

8 Likes

You divorce :woman_shrugging:t4: he’s not completely wrong. He married you thinking you were Christian. Whether you were struggling or committed to Christianity is irrelevant. You were christian. Now, you’re not and actively practicing paganism. If he can’t respect that, the marriage won’t work.

9 Likes

First off, you shouldn’t have married him to begin with. Seems he can be easily brainwashed into believing in the toothfairy and santa claus just like “God”. Second, why would you want to stay with someone who, you know, will treat you like crap because you don’t believe in his “God”?

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, most Christian practices have been derived from pagan practices.

6 Likes

Wow! I am a Christian and believe in a REAL, Living God and could never live my life with a Pagan! I FEEL that that is so WRONG!! I am 89 years old and have FELT our God’s presence in my life Period!

23 Likes

As a pagan, you cannot ignore your true beliefs, and if it helps look into Christian Wicca, it might help your husband be more accepting. He isn’t able to accept who you are then you deserve better. He should be able to love you no matter what.

5 Likes

I don’t think this is a difference that can be worked out in your marriage

6 Likes

Whilst I believe he should love you for you, you honestly can’t be surprised that he is upset. Having the knowledge of his beliefs and upon what they are based, you cannot blame him for feeling any which way about it. The reality is that the 2 of you need to sit and talk about it and decide if you want to make it work and if so, you need to get professional help. Everyone sitting here judging your husband for what he believes in, is no better than him for judging you and your beliefs.
Every single person is entitled to their own beliefs and those talking shit about him “easily brainwashed” are rude. We are meant to be in a time where people can be what they want, who they want and believe what they want. The reality is that these 2 people got married as they were in love with the people that they were. Sometimes couples grow on different paths and become different people and realise they arent the people they were when they got married, and that is ok. It doesn’t make either of them bad people.
It’s ok to get counciling and if that doesn’t work it’s ok to say “we are at different stages of our life and on different walks” and walk away amicably

Religion is cult
It’s all crap
Do what you want & need too
Stop trying to live up to everyone standards xx
You do you

7 Likes

Christianity “replaced” older existing “religions” everywhere. Easter is the spring festival which had been celebrated for thousands of years, especially in more northern latitudes. Christmas is the midwinter festival, and the same applies. Look up Mithras, he was worshipped before Christ. His story is almost identical.
The Greeks have lots of “Christian saints” why do you think this is? It’s because when Christianity arrived the “promoters” of it knew that they had to replace the Greek Gods with something, otherwise they’d have wanted to keep their own Gods.
Men made gods, not the other way round.

6 Likes

Ive actually seen this firsthand. When beliefs grow to be so different people cant relate to one another. Especially if its from a mainstream religion to a new age school of thought.

2 Likes

Do not marry unequally yoked

9 Likes

I understand where your husband is coming from
Your unequally yoked.
He has a right to be upset
It goes against every principal that he believes in.

10 Likes

Am not religious each to there own… But u find your self.girl.what makes u happy, sounds of it wiout him

2 Likes

Both do your own religion. If it works… good. Of not go your separate ways.

It depends if this is something he can get around, I would vote for counseling but it only works if both want it to
Hopefully, you work something out (regardless of what that is)

Christianity incorporates many pagan practices already so you aren’t far off. Christmas trees are pagan Yule log even Christs birth is part of the winter solstice. Do a deep dive into paganism incorporating and educate your husband. Use your Wiccan for good only and harm none.

5 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t something you can make him see

I feel like some people on this post genuinly don’t understand the concept of free will. People ARE allowed to have a different beliefs than you and the world will continue spinning. :woman_shrugging:

As for your husband, I think you both need to sit down and have a deep talk on what is most important to you. If that is your marriage, than work hard to be understanding of the others beliefs/feelings. My husband and I are two different religions and have never once tried to convince the other to convert or change their views. If the most important thing to you two is your beliefs, than maybe it isn’t meant to be. Don’t ever change who you are.

8 Likes

Sounds like you 2 werent really a good match you were lieing to yourself and pretending to be something you werent now you finally have let yourself be who you want to be your husband cant handle it

1 Like

Hes right you were not honest with him best thing to do is split you will never see eye to eye on religion.

4 Likes

This is ridiculous… not the authors question, but everyone’s responses attacking her beliefs or telling her how you feel about what she has chosen… I believe in good and evil, right and wrong. I also believe that everyone has their right to their own beliefs without judgement or persecution. She asked what she should do, she is reaching out for help and understanding.
I think you need to follow what your heart tells you to follow, I also believe that your husband may be SUPER judgemental, you should probably find a counselor who can help you both come to the best decision on how to handle this. Just don’t change or hide who you are because it will only hurt your soul and make you unhappy… good luck :blush: I hope you find what you need and live your life on your own terms :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I think this is a case of respect. Him respecting your beliefs and you equally respecting his.

2 Likes

People should be who they want to be, love doesnt just stop because your beliefs have changed, if your husband has a problem with this and leaves you because of it then he never really loved you truly, being a Christian doesnt mean you have to go to church you can still have your beliefs and not go, dont feel pressured into anything you dont feel is right, you honestly have one life and what if when we die we find out there is a god do you think he will punish us for certain things becausewe all wanted to live what we wanted, if god didnt want us all to be differenthe wouldnt of made us this way right?, noone really knows and never will know what happens after death, alot of people seem to take things the wrong way with religion like people say you shouldnt drink alcohol because god wont like it well jesus turned water into wine and wine is given in church right, some people have there own views on alot of things with the bible and not everyones are the same and in my mind NOONE has the right to tell ANYONE how to live their own life, live it to the full and do what you want to do, no regrets

2 Likes

If he is still married to you after this post .
You know it is love.
Christainanti swopped the meanings of words over.
( let sin happen at night)
Let the old meaning was ( it will greater) or to reword ( sin will greater at night)
Let do not mean to aloud.

If you drop a ball …each return is less and less…
So if he thinks your stress levels to keep it less.
So if you are ( forever 21 - not ) as you get older the ways you once did things …
Now write your job list write things like your TV time and him relaxing time …now if his tv time is football watch it together even if you fold the washing or peel the potato’s

Unfortunately,may never be able to make him see it your way. Everyone has their deal breakers and this may be his. It’s one thing to not to practice the same religion anymore. It’s a complete difference to then practice something that goes against his beliefs. The thing is that it’s beyond that. This was something that your marriage was founded on. Since you weren’t open in the beginning about the separation and desires you felt the there goes a hit to the foundation. Which could also make him hold resentment for feeling lied to for all these years.

4 Likes

Wicca is a beautiful religion I’ve studied wiccan theyvhave beautiful festivals for harvest,

A lot of Christianity is based off of paganism :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: If his faith is so strong then he knows you will find his Christ again right? I still believe in god even though I practiced Wicca i mostly take values away from religion it isn’t a constant in my life or marriage to begin with . My husband and I have a tether in our souls we didn’t use god or a church to solidify that

4 Likes

You should say does his or there love for you then is that conditional on the fact that your Christian or are you lived anyway regardless of your beliefs. If not don’t worry about them worry about you. You only get one life. Live it. Dont worry what there saying or how they make you feel. Over in the UK theres religion but there’s a lot of people who don’t believe in it also and we don’t get treated like shit because of our view. There’s always someone waiting to tear you down because you don’t see things like them. But it’s your life you can believe what you want. Go where you want. They need to either except that and live you anyway or you move on without them. And fine someone who will love you and not shame you for your beliefs. Hope this helps xx

I can’t help. I’m Christian to the core. I hope you find Christ again.

13 Likes

The Bible says we are to yoke ourselves to our kind. Wiccan and pagan beliefs have no place in a Christian household. Find another place to live. You were married under false pretences and he should be able to get the marriage annulled.

14 Likes

You are right. If he wont accept you then you deserve better. Im in therapy for religious/spiritual trauma. Its not pretty, if you dont believe and you are forced to live this lifestyle this could happen to you. Am sure half of the folks in that cultish congregation would have offd me if god told them too. I wouldnt put anything past christians. I was raised around them, ruined my mentality. My best to you

4 Likes

When Europe was being taken over by Christianity they turned many pagan gods into saints to make it easier for people to convert.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, he has grounds fo divorce you and probably should.
If you’d like a chance to save your marriage you’ll need to repent and get right with the Lord firstly.

17 Likes

You will never convince someone who believes you were married under false pretenses for wanting explore different ideology. People grow. Sometimes we grow out of things. It is ok to believe something different than your partner. I am Christian but have a hard time with the belief you can’t have a relationship with God without attending a physical church.
I would tell your husband that God wants us to live as a reflection of him- with unconditional love without judgement.

2 Likes

Your Pagan Ancestors are calling you. That is why you are feeling the way you do. There is something in the pipeline that they see coming and they are urging you to get right with your lineage. If he can’t support you and what you believe then he is not the man for you. If you want to start learning do it. Times may get rough for you while you figure out your homelife, but the journey that lies ahead while you walk your path will be so rewarding. Start with Ancestry.com I can trace my pagan ancestors back to the 11th century. My parents knew before I was 5 that I was different and encouraged me to develop my power. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. I feel safe to say that you have noticed that you have power and it startled you at first but intrigues you now. Word of advice, throw away everything you have been taught to believe when it comes to spirituality. Your Ancestors will guide you… Sending you Love and Light… Blessed Be… EDIT: TO THE HYPO-CHRISTIANS:: If you don’t have anything positive to say regarding this post keep it to yourself… NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR NEGATIVITY AND FEAR BASED BASHINGS!!

3 Likes

Sounds like you need some attention. stay away from religion, Try some more JESUS. :raised_hands:t3:

7 Likes

Well he is right if you told him u were Christian and not

4 Likes

Well false pretences is correct. Doubt you can fix that one. That’s the core of your marriage. Good luck

9 Likes

People change. You can marry a Christian and ten years later they don’t believe in God. It happens. He married YOU not your beliefs. If it’s something he can’t look past it sounds like he is shallow and closed minded. People either grow together or grow apart, keep being yourself because that is what is important.

8 Likes

Oh lord this is a group full of Bible thumpers ready to jump down someone’s throat because someone doesn’t believe in the same religion as you. SHE DIDNT FAKE BEING CHRISTIAN, HER BELIEFS CHANGED. PEOPLE CHANGE. ITS YALL MFS THAT DONT CHANGE OR GROW THAT SCARE ME TBH. Christianity is based off of alot of pagan practices, your holidays are pagan holidays. Yall are too ignorant to look at the facts though. I’ll be leaving this group. I’d rather smash my head into a wall repeatedly than be in a group with a whole bunch of ignorant Christian Karen’s

29 Likes

Honey Satan is leading you down the wrong path

Sounds like you both grew apart. I would divorce and move on. And be who ever you want to be!

3 Likes

I see his point & feel badly for him. Not that paganism or wicca is bad but he married you believing you had common beliefs. You misrepresented yourself to him (& to yourself). That common belief is part of why he loved you & chose to spend his life with you. It’s important to him. I’d feel betrayed.

8 Likes

Follow the path that’s true to you, follow the connection thats calling you if it’s not with him then that’s not your fault he should accept you as you are if he truly loves you.

2 Likes

I left the church because very few members were living the Christian values. Your family shunning you for independent thought is a very real threat to so many.

Explore and learn and grow for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with starting a new chapter in your life. You may lose some people and support such as your husband but you will find new support.

According to the word, Jesus still loves you :heart: Don’t let the judgement I’ve read here stop you from leaving the indoctrination and explore your own spiritual path.

3 Likes

The part of the marriage the costs a fortune to undo is legal not religious so he needs to know you’re not any less married just because you’ve had a change of religious beliefs. Definitely stand your ground and don’t give up who you are and want to be to go back to being someone that didn’t feel like you. He should love you no matter your religious beliefs and if he can’t get passed it and accept you as you are then you might be better off separating or at least one of you will always unhappy in the marriage. I hope he realizes you’re still the woman he fell in love with and comes around. :blush:

2 Likes

That’s sad… But he’s showing what pushes you away from the faith to begin with!!! It’s not very Christian of him to be acting like that at all, lol… You NEED to do what feeds YOUR soul… If he can’t accept you fully then he is not the one for you sweets.

8 Likes

You can really tell who all the boomers are on this post holy shit.

He’s not being Christian at all! He’s the fake one.

5 Likes

I understand paganism and those who are Wiccan. One of my best friends is Wiccan. I love her as a sister. I am Chistian born and bred. I would never dream of trying to “convert” her. If I do it’ll be by the example I am to the world, which is flawed and faulty. I believe that Christ gathered believers by his acts of love, his loving nature and his story telling. I do understand that your hubby is upset. He has a right to his beliefs as a Christian. If he can’t continue in a marriage with a non Christian he has a right to. If you were to come out of the closet as a lesbian, would you expect him to stay married to you? To many people with strong Christian beliefs paganism is a sin and one must be of the same belief in marriage. So you all quit bashing Christians for their beliefs. She should be free from bashing as well. Americans be a bit more tolerant Christian and non-Christian alike.

3 Likes

Unfortunately religion is one of those items ppl can’t move past. U could try and reason with him but it probably won’t work. I personally like paganism and I go to church because I believe both religions go hand in hand. And something deep in me responded to that. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Brandi Wilson but she said she’s ALWAYS felt disconnected from her family’s beliefs but couldn’t tell them from fear if being shunned… this just isn’t a change… she should have told the man she was a bout to marry about her Christian feelings before marrying him… im not a Christian… but I would feel betrayed if someone I was planning g on spending my life with because we had the same religious beliefs only to find out they have been harboring these feelings for a long time…

3 Likes

You don’t make anyone understand. Perhaps you sit down with a counselor or a pastor, and try to fix this, but if he isn’t accepting of your newfound religion and things remain the same divorce is in order.

1 Like

You do you. Let him be him. Oddly enough there are similarities.

2 Likes

I’m thinking if she was already feeling uncomfortable in her Christian religion if he was so deeply engrained in it that they should of had a major discussion. She could have went ahead and told him she had always felt pressure from her family so she stayed with their beliefs but after marriage she would like to explore the idea of paganism. If she already knew then I do believe it would have been fair for her to tell him. Then they could have made the decision together about going forward with their marriage.

7 Likes

To be honest as a catholic who would not date anyone but another catholic it is understandable. It causes a lot of conflict and questions as well if children are involved. Not that he will love you less but if you had been honest before hand no doubt he could have decided for himself what was best for him.

You were honest with him and now you have to let him decide what that means for his future with you.

4 Likes

People change. Values change. Morals change. Beliefs change. He can either grow with you or you will outgrow him. He can either get on board or get of the ship. There is nothing saying you can’t be both. Or even he remains the same and does what he needs to for his beliefs and you remain the same. There is nothing wrong with him pursuing his beliefs however he wants and you doing the same. This sounds very vain, as if the people in your life care about their image so much they require church attendance to keep up appearances or something. Be yourself. Eliminate Toxicity and Embrace Positivity. It sucks but those people who do not stick by you while you express yourself don’t love you, the love the idea of you. So many people I know loved Christianity but then lost so much even when they were devout and turned against that faith because of the pain. Then they found their true selves. Things change.

2 Likes

I’m a Christian. Believe it or not there are plenty of us that don’t judge and understand others have different beliefs. It’s ok that yours have changed. Pretty sure Catholic priests are the biggest sinners and the church is still trying to come up with a reason to explain their behavior. However, some marriages don’t do well without the same belief system.

8 Likes

You didn’t misrepresented yourself. Come on folks. Don’t be so harsh on him or her. The common ground is they married as Christians. You can’t be hard on the husband, he married a Christian woman and had his life planned as to have a Christian marriage and home. But, since she has changed her beliefs and her husband doesn’t see his life with her beliefs, then it would be best to divorce. He shouldn’t have to accept it.

6 Likes

I was in a similar situation. Be you. You’ll regret not being you.

2 Likes

Waiting for the pearl clutchers, but leave him since he’s obviously not the supporter you thought. He can support the practice of a religion that predates his, he can respect his partners choice to practice said religion, if he can’t love and support you through something like that without saying you “lied”, then he’s not the one for you and you deserve better

8 Likes

If you ever had a real relationship with Jesus Christ you’d never walk away.:pray::heart:

25 Likes

“how do i handle this and make him understand paganism and wicca isnt actually that bad?”
Isn’t actually THAT BAD? Stop trying to make anyone accept something that isn’t that bad. Tried both, be very careful and understand what you’re doing. Since you asked for our opinion, You’d be doing him a favor if you Divorce him.

8 Likes

You should have been honest from the start and allowed him to marry someone he would not be unequally yoked with.

6 Likes

Oooh that’s hard. I grew up Christian, but I have renounced my faith. I just don’t believe in God. When my family found out they went crazy. I mean it didn’t help most found out at Christmas dinner. I tried to keep it in, but they just kept going on and on about who not wearing a seat belt is the same as suicide and you’d end up in hell. (Seriously?) Anyway, it’s a choice you have to make. You have to say it. You have to live with the consequences if you do. But regarding your husband…you need to tell him either he needs to decide if he loves you still or not. If not, don’t let the door hit his ass on the way out. Here’s why…if he’s really devout a divorce will piss him off so that’s a bonus. But you should explore who you are. Do not let anyone tell you that you have to believe in God. Or the Bible. Seriously. If he can’t handle it and can’t respect you then leave him.