I am worried about being intimate after giving birth: Advice?

Did anyone else worry about having sex for the first time after having their babies? After I had my baby, I got the rod put back in, so I’m protected. I had it in the back after I had my first, and it worked the full three years till I had it taken out and fell pregnant. And even though I know it works, I’m so worried about falling pregnant again… I’m 100% set on having no more kids. I even told my partner if I did happen to fall pregnant, I wouldn’t keep it. But I wanna avoid that scenario… how did you all overcome the paranoia? TIA.

10 Likes

…If your that worried where condoms as well. Or don’t have sex that simple

4 Likes

Condoms or maybe you could see your doctor about options about tying your tubes

1 Like

Don’t feel like you need to rush back into it. Let your body recover, and be open with your partner about how you’re feeling throughout the process.

If you’re not 100% comfortable with penetration, stick with oral.
Can’t get pregnant from oral :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Partial hysterectomy or tubal.

Tell him to pull out. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I had tubes tied when I was 26. I had one child, and that was enough for me.

2 Likes

Is there a reason you didn’t get your tubes tied? or have him get a vasectomy?

2 Likes

Make the dumbass wear a condom cuz nobody ever “falls” pregnant and for god sake dont murder a baby just cuz your too stupid to prevent one

9 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Gee should I get my tubes tied or murder an unborn child if there’s an accident? SMH

I had my tubes tied right after having my 3rd child. I knew I didn’t want anymore.

You better use 2-3 birthcontrol methods to be on safe side. Don’t rush into sex postpartum, i felt the same… I thought the 1st time having sex w/hubby after baby I’d be pregnant because of how fertile I was. I think it’s a common postpartum anxiety

I got my tubes tied before I left the hospital at 27. Best thing I ever did for myself.

Wouldn’t keep it? As in abortion or adoption?
I’d say if you’re that adamant about no more babies, get fixed.

1 Like

If You’re done having children and are for sure you don’t want any more get your tubes tied.:woman_shrugging: I had three and that was enough for me and got mine tied so I was positive I wouldn’t have anymore.:blush:

1 Like

SM are seen maybe in other States. But most and a point to put it at at least 90% will not touch you if you are certain age to get Fixed. For what I hear so many people that do not want children at all and would rather be fixed doctors will not touch you. So do your research where you live and find out if you’re truly done partial hysterectomies are amazing

There are many different forms of birth control. Get your tubes tied if you are certain about not having any more children. Or your SO can consider a vasectomy. You can also track your ovulation if you have regular cycles. Giving up intercourse is easier said than done.

1 Like

Never have sex again.

1 Like

Let him get a vasectomy much easier for him

Have your tubes tied if u.wish for no more children talk to your doctor about this how does your partner feel about a vasectomy? Good luck

1 Like

I’m not an ob-gyn. Do we have ob-gyns here? Could you ask that to your ob-gyn…

My IUD failed and I called and made that appt that day.
Had a termination at 6 weeks. The small fibroid they found behind my scar was 3 times bigger than the “baby”. Just had a baby in january and have 2 others. I’m exhausted. No regrets.

Use the VCF vaginal contraceptive film to be extra safe.

1 Like

To all of y’all telling her to have her tubes tied…it’s not 100%!!! I know MANY women who have had tubals and have gotten pregnant.

Had my tubes tied at 29 after two kids

You could get on the Depo shot. Some women like it because it stops their cycles and helps with preventing pregnancy.

I had my last kid almost 2 months ago. We haven’t had sex since. We have 4. We’re good.

If you’re so worried why didn’t you have your tubes tied??? The implant works. But threatening an abortion is selfish

16 Likes

Are you worried about being intimate, or worried about getting pregnant again?

If you’re worried about getting pregnant again, see if your partner will get snipped.

If you’re worried about being intimate, I can relate. Try your best to focus on what you love about sex & not what you fear. I found it helpful to put all my focus on my partner so I wasn’t just in my own head about it.

5 Likes

Your so set on not having anymore children than I agree get your tubes tied, or asking him to get fixed if your afraid of getting pregnant again. Theres no point in even being on birth control honestly. My s/o and I are probably having 1 more after my current pregnancy, and after that we’re both getting fixed.

5 Likes

Use an extra form of protection or have your partner get a vasectomy.

Get your tubes tied. Your not sacred to have sex, you don’t want to get pregnant again.

1 Like

Get ur tubes tied if your that worried. Abortion is not birth control it’s a serious procedure that will affect your life afterwards. Call your dr and set up.an appt. All insurances will cover the cost completely

9 Likes

Yes, sister just use a back up like the sponge, so you’re not mental and can enjoy that time with your man . Baby you just had a baby and can’t fathom getting prego again( I understand) give yourself some time and if you’re sure your done, look into a tubal ligation BEST DECISION I EVER MADE,much love Crosby TX

1 Like

If your that worried about getting pregnant again, then one of you need’s to get fixed. As to who, that’s up to you and your SO. Untill then you could use condoms for extra protection, (or some other from) if it was to make you feel better. Just my 2 cents. We used condoms untill my husbend got fixed. i know what your feeling, because i was in the same boat.

2 Likes

Female sterilization is a permanent procedure to prevent pregnancy. It works by blocking the fallopian tubes.

Talk to your doctor.

When women choose not to have children, sterilization can be a good option. The surgical procedure is tubal ligation, in which the fallopian tubes are cut or sealed. It’s sometimes referred to as getting your tubes tied. The procedure is usually performed using a minimally invasive surgery called laparoscopy. It can also be done just after a vaginal delivery or cesarean delivery.

Nonsurgical procedures use devices placed in the fallopian tubes to seal them. The devices are inserted through the vagina and uterus, and the placement doesn’t require an incision.

Research DAYSY, I use that instead of ANY birth control. I encourage all women to look into it. It’s superior to traditional birth controls as well. I never will have children and doctors won’t let me get my tubes tied. I would never keep a child either. So I heavily rely on this!!

1 Like

An abortion is your choice. If you dont want more kids you shouldn’t have more kids. Period. It will most likely be easier for your man to get a vasectomy than it will be for you to get your tubes tied. But you can track your fertile days and avoid sex on those days til you figure it out.

1 Like

You can have your tubes removed so you wouldn’t even have to worry about it. I’m set on no more kids too and I have signed the papers for a tubal ligation and I’m going to ask if they will remove them completely

1 Like

Too many judgy comments. Its her life. Shes not asking anyone what they think of abortions so mind your business about her business. She asked how others dealt with what she’s feeling, not if you’re pro life or pro choice. Jeez. I asked my doctor for longest term, lowest maintenance birth control after my 2 kids and they said I was a perfect candidate for tubal ligation. Mine aren’t tied, they’re gone completely and I couldn’t be happier. Some doctors have certain criteria for it tho. If you’re dead set on not having more, I suggest the procedure.

6 Likes

Best way to prevent pregnancy is have your spouse get a vasectomy.

3 Likes

If you’re absolutely certain you don’t want another baby, I would discuss with your partner about him having a vasectomy

1 Like

I’m pretty set on not having anymore either. I dont think my body can handle another pregnancy. I already talked to my dr and plan to have my tubes tied while I’m in the hospital. Maybe consider the same? Or my husband was more than willing to have a vasectomy if I wanted to go that route…
… now fear of intimacy I understand as well. I remember it being so super painful after my first that I am nervous for that too. Just remember after the first time or 2 itll start to feel better and better again

1 Like

Use protection. Have your husband get a vasectomy. Get your tubes tied. Use condoms. Get on the pill. So. Many. Options.

Make him use a condom until you can get your tubes removed.

I was so worried after my 4th even when I was on birth control but my husband amazing guy he is waited until I was ready which was a few months man I was so scared to get pregnant my labours are rapid my 4th active labour was 30 mins just have to think about it be safe and wait until you are for sure ready and also condoms if you are still scared trust me can really help you calm down even if you are birth control it’s just an extra step to make sure those crazy swimmers don’t go anywhere

How about no sex then. Lol

1 Like

Get your tubes removed. Problem solved

1 Like

6 months PP and I’m sex free. I haven’t has sex since she was conceived on 11/22/18 and I’m too old and ugly to date so I doubt I’ll ever have sex again lol

Get your tubes tied or talk to your husband about a vasectomy.
That’s the best way!

2 Likes

Every time you have sex you’re risking pregnancy no matter what birth control you use. Get your tubes tied or don’t have sex. Innocent life shouldn’t have to suffer because you took that risk.

5 Likes

Have him get a vesectomy? My husband did …He was :100: in two days tops. Had to ice with peas after but that’s about it. But make sure if he does he gets his sperm tested to confirm they’re dead… The process doesn’t take right away…gutta get active sperm out. We were told 30-60 days

2 Likes

Get your tubes tied then. Best thing I can say

1 Like

You don’t “fall” pregnant firstly. Secondly, there are a couple permanent options you can consider.

5 Likes

Tubes tied or vasectomy

4 Likes

He can get a vasectomy or you get your tubes tied. Or both.

2 Likes

I hear you I’m worried even now and my child is 5 and I have my tubes completely removed. I was traumatized and I’m not dating or hooking up with anyone haven’t in over a year and even then I was terrified every time I slept with my boyfriend at the time. I always joked around said if by some chance I did get knocked up again after having my tubes completely removed I’d walk in front of a bus :rofl:

1 Like

If you dont want anymore you can talk you your doctor about getting your tubes tied or removed. Personally I think if the woman says shes done having kids she should be the one that “gets fixed” ae goes for if a man’s done, he does not. But that’s a conversation between you and him. Otherwise condoms and tracking your ovulation days :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use these things you can buy at the store. Specifically walmart. And they have spermicide in it and have worked with me even without the birth control. I’ll post pic in comments

Have him get a vasectomy

If you really don’t want to get pregnant again then either don’t have sex or wait until you are on contraception but there will always be a chance of you getting pregnant as nothing is 100% and should consider your options rather than saying “you’d get rid of it“ if you fell pregnant my advice also if you are done then get sterilised orhave your tubes removed because it’s you that don’t want anymore

4 Likes

Ummm…get ur tubes tied or he gets a vasectomy …simple
Or use condoms

2 Likes

All y’all saying get your tubes tied it’s not that easy. You usually have to be a certain age with a certain amount of kids & if your married some places your husband has to agree to it.

5 Likes

The implant works great but read fine print and ask many questions to ur ob
Because implant can be affected by antibiotics and anti depressants which no one told me!! Found out on my own. Natural supplements like st John’s wort helps mood and so even a natural supplement causes the implant not to work as great.
I told my dr. She confirmed my online research…so I’m saying they dont tell u all details until u ask

It affects the pills too both meds.
I fell pregnant while on pill and didnt know
It was thos darn antibiotics! I miscarried tho. Still devastating.

Even saying get tubes tired…but I’ve heard but many it causes extreme periods!like for a whole yr!
Idk…I wouldnt.

Were all always paranoid
But I’ve had a bigger crisis than fall pregnant happen to me…so choosing battles to worry bout

Chose the b.c that always wks for u

If you don’t want any more children…ever, Have a tubal

2 Likes

The rod… nexplanon… almost killed me. There is a pending lawsuit on it… be careful…

2 Likes

Easy solution you don’t want kids go get your tubes tied

1 Like

So you would abort a baby after laying down knowing how babies are made thats trashy you better get a hysterectomy then! Getting just tubes tied doesnt always work either!

3 Likes

If you don’t want another one DON’T have sex it’s that simple and if you do and become pregnant I’m my eyes abortion is NOT an option it’s horrible thing to do too an innocent child if you can take on the responsibility of having sex I knw it can happen

3 Likes

Two words: Tubal Ligation - no more babies :baby:

1 Like

Nothing is 100%. Don’t have sex or get a hysterectomy or your tubes tied. Or get your partner to get a vasectomy

3 Likes

“Wouldn’t keep IT” Disgusting

7 Likes

For a none permanent method till you know no more babies for sure just double up. Secondary options are condoms,spermicide or sponge. If you know for sure you are done having babies get your tubes tied.

2 Likes

I mean if you’re worried use condoms too

1 Like

“don’t have sex” is the dumbest shit I’ve heard :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I thought the same thing when I had my son, but it was 9 years until I had my daughter, so I figure if it comes, it comes and I should stop worrying. Just be safe and have some caution when you have relations.

For all those saying if you don’t want more kids get your tubes tied or a hysterectomy, doctors don’t give those out like stickers it’s a very long and hard process and they won’t give you one under 30 unless for big medical reasons. My partner and I have 2 kids and never want any more again. I can’t naturally anyway due to horrible endo and pcos and even then the doctors won’t touch me.

To the poster: I completely understand where you are coming from. You’re not disgusting if you get an abortion after accidently falling pregnant when using contraception.
Not every contraception is 100 percent obviously but the rod is one of the highest protections you can get. If you’re still anxious may be use condoms as well? Good luck xx

4 Likes

When babies in utero are not loved they suddenly a “thing” to keep or throw away. When a baby in utero is loved they are precious babies that you do anything to protect them🤷🏾‍♀️. Anyways, just throw the whole uterus away. Absentence. No birth control is 100% effective.

3 Likes

Get your tubes tied seared and removed.

Get your uterus removed. Or stop having sex.

1 Like

The only 100% sure way (other than not having any sex) is to have your uterus and ovaries removed. Another option, though not 100% is you stay on birth control and your partner gets a vasectomy. That will increase the protection as well.

1 Like

Get your tubes removed?? :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Im 26 and in Australia but I got my tubes tied to remove the paranoia…amongst other reasons. But I have 2 beautiful kids and definately don’t want or need more. It has definitely helped my mental state

If you absolutely don’t want anymore kids then either never have sex again or get a hysterectomy cause otherwise you will always run the risk if getting pregnant tubes tied is a good option but still not completely 100%.

1 Like

Get your tubes tied.

You don’t fall pregnant for one… for 2 practice safe sex

Nobody mentioned the fact that she " wouldn’t keep it "… adoption?? There are thousands of people waiting to just do that.