I can t stand my husband anymore and I don't know how to get back into the relationship, advice?

Sometimes people grow apart. If you have to force yourself to be in the marriage, are you even still in love?!
I’d say try to focus on the positive in him and if you are really having to force yourself to find positives, then maybe it’s time to go?

1 Like

Take a step back and look at your relationship from the outside. Everyone goes through times of the same-oh, same-oh.

1 Like

If you’re serious about leaving, then leave. But, if you find yourself second guessing yourself, start by noticing the small things he does. Make more conversation, watch movies together, do activities together.
If you feel a spark, keep putting wood on it!! I got tired of mine, too. But I started watching him more and found that I wasn’t tired of him. :slight_smile: It was actually me. I never paid attention to him, and now that I started I can’t get enough of him. It got to the point I didn’t even wanna talk to him, and honestly I still feel bad about it. We do more together now than what we did when we where first married.

Give some effort into changing how you think or even just watch him. Your feelings might change :slight_smile: best of luck to you!

37 Likes

Stop carrying baggage. Forgive. Forgive him. Forgive you. When you have done this then approach him as a cute guy you wanna hook up with. Take him on a date. Court him. Flirt for all your worth like he is the hotty you want.

11 Likes

If you can’t stand your husband anymore, let him go. You both deserve to be with someone who loves you

3 Likes

Marriage counseling, honest communication, and try dating/courting each other again.

2 Likes

Contempt is the biggest predictor a relationship will end

1 Like

If you cant stand then sit and think of it AND REMEMBER THOSE VOWS ON UR WEDDING DAY …

Wow, pray :pray:, talk to him

You should not have married him, if you were not going to do it for life.

If you honestly can’t stand him, it is time to leave. No other advice.

4 Likes

Try putting his dick in your mouth or are you over that too?

1 Like

Bring the romance back, slowly but surely and the feelings will come back. A relationship/marriage is like having children or a job, you shouldn’t stop putting the effort in just because you’re comfortable etc keep the spark alive x

1 Like

Just leave if you’re not happy and stop wasting both of your guy’s time…

7 Likes

Therapy. To help work through resentment issues. You could just be in a funk. It can always get back to a good place if you’re both willing to put work in to do it

6 Likes

Counseling. Make a commitment to yourself to work through whatever issues there may be. Even if you’re doing it alone. After that, you’ll have a clearer mind. Anyone who’s been married awhile and says they haven’t gone through something similar is not being truthful.

1 Like

My heart breaks for you! This is such a hard thing to come to terms with! You are so brave to ask for help! If you are a religious person I’d recommend fireproof.

2 Likes

How many years have you been married?

1 Like

Ever seen the Kirk Cameron movie Fire Proof?? It has a terrific message if you’re willing to engage and take it in :heart:

3 Likes

6 + months of consistent therapy

i think we all feel that way at times

Stupid Husbands and How To Deal With Them Association

1 Like

I said I do but now I don’t. David Taylor.

Well, you took vows honey, do what you said in your vows you would do. Period.

5 Likes

This Friday my husband and I will celebrate 38 years. There’s been days I didn’t like him at all. More than a few times I hated him. But, at the same time I loved him with everything that I am every single day. You need to decide if you still love and want to be with him.

7 Likes

There are a lot of great suggestions and ideas here. I recommend reading the book The Empowered Wife by Laura Doyle… saw the skills transform many many relationships. And it has changed mine as well!

1 Like

I don’t get how ppl can stay in a marriage when their no feelings anymore. Maybe your u just married the wrong person. I was in two 8 year relationship and thank God I never get t married. Cuz their was no love in the relationship. First guy we were in HS playing games on each other each other. Like he would break up with me then cheat Inna new gf then get back together with me then repeat. No thanks l. And my second abused me and wouldn’t let me leave him or he will torment me and said that if I just fake loving him then it will happen. I didn’t love him I never did but he treated me that I couldn’t leave him. Now I am with my bf of 4 years and he the love of my life. Dont waste your time when the love of your life is out their waiting for you.

1 Like

Worth the read!!! Interesting comments and perspectives for a complicated and deeply emotional problem!

Couples therapy. Ask yourself why you’ve lost connection. And try to work on getting back.

My suggestion? Go talk to a marriage counselor and ignore everyone commenting as they have no business telling you what to do with your relationship.

1 Like

This will pass. Be prepared for it to return though…

There’s got to be reasons behind it. Are you disgusted with him? Not attracted to him? Try counseling if you interested in staying together otherwise divorce.

Counseling to figure out why or divorce

Try the “Love Dare” Challenge

That happens and usually when it does, its to late to save the relationship

Leave him. Obviously he doesn’t are about you!

Write down all the reason s you feel that way
Then write down all the reasons you fell in love with that person then sit down pray about and have the other person do the same
Sit down together and give each other time to get talk without judgement
If nothing else you know were each of you stand s and seek help

I would suggest not asking on social media but to seek professional help as to why you feel this way and how to fix it . You obviously do care to save your marriage or you would not have asked the question .

9 Likes

First, tell yourself he is a good guy. Then, before you do or say something negative, ask if he deserves it. At the same time ask yourself what you can do for him, not what YOU want or need. Concentrate on others and you will be amazed at how your feelings can change and how he will react favorably to your actions. Good luck.

Having an extra-marital affair usually helps clear things up…

Speak to God not other people. Marriage is a covenant with God not y’all and other people. That’s the problem

1 Like

I am in the same boat as you. Dont know what to do.

I was once told…its better to have a good divorce then a bad marriage

4 Likes

Make a list what his good qualities are and what his unpleasant ones are compare the list. Are there more good than bad?? Have him right down the same about you. Compare your lists…see where you can improve yourselves. For yourselves and eachother

There are times I adore my man and times I could stab him in the eyes, I think every relationship has these times.

I think my wife wrote thus

1 Like

Leave now. It’s over.

Someone else in the picture?

Communication. Compassion. Time. Go on dates. Get out of your routine. Find what you loved about each other again. Or part on a good note. If its worth a battle then fight.

1 Like

I lost interest in my husband for almost a year. Thought about ending it and then, like a lightbulb the interest just turned back on. What changed was I went on vacation. Just myself. No kids and no husband and I missed them all so bad. I was SUPER homesick. When I got home I was obsessed with him. Wouldn’t stop hugging him and didn’t want him to walk away from me at all. It was silly as hell how I followed him around.

1 Like

Make a list of pros and cons look at it weekly and see what changes

Ask your boyfriend. He may know what to do in this situation.

1 Like

You don’t ! Unfortunately

1 Like

Make a pros and cons list. Take the cons, and make a pros list about them.

1 Like

Imagine him with someone else

1 Like

Love is a verb. Act as if you love him. Doing good thoughtful loving things for him that bring him pleasure will bring you pleasure. He may begin to reciprocate. Some spark may begin. … give it a year of dating and trying and forgiving and communicating? Idk. Good luck.

2 Likes

If your unhappy leave. You only have one life to live, dont spend the rest of it unhappy.

1 Like

Let him know he’s doing something to upset you let me know you wanna be heard and understood.He probably doesn’t even know he’s making mistakes and ask him if he needs space every guy does sounds like you do.

Maybe you need to be talking to him instead of blasting it on social media, maybe he feels the same about you… This is for Mamma’s of kids, not a bitter female that can’t communicate with her guy!!! SMH

4 Likes