I cannot lose weight: Help!

Needing weight advice… I can’t for the life of me lose weight. My job is very active and physical and I’m there m-f sometimes even m-s and after I’m out and about with my family. I also only usually eat once a day in the evening because I’m too busy at work to eat. I breastfed the first 4 months and still didn’t notice any difference in weight. I am desperate to at least slim up just my belly area. I’m floating at 220ish right now and have since the beginning of my pregnancy (now 5 months post partum) and I’ve done about everything I can think of and I just can’t lose the belly and chin.

86 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/i-cannot-lose-weight-help/21610

Keto diet. Its expensive but it works

Not eating probably isn’t helping. You’re putting your body into starvation mode. You need to eat. Just make it healthy

7 Likes

You have to eat more. Your body is in starvation mode.

1 Like

Don’t stress yourself out about it. Your hormones and everything are still crazy right now. You literally JUST had a baby. It took me forever it seems like to get the baby weight off. Hands down hardest weight I’ve ever lost. It happened though. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to get it off. I know it’s hard. Give yourself and your body grace. You just made a human.

1 Like

You need to eat. Sounds like your body is storing the only food it is getting. Try to each 3 small meals a day. Especially breakfast!

1 Like

Breastfeeding doesnt always help you lose weight. As everyone else said you arent eating enough.

In order to lose weight you have to eat as weird as that sounds lol

Liquid diet. Bone broth, plant based smoothies…only 2/day not healthiest I know, but 113 and still kickin.

2 Likes

Because you’re not eating. Your body is in starvation mode so it’s storing fat. Have 3 meals. Even if it’s a protein shake for one of them. Keep your menu simple and easy. Lean proteins, veggies, fruits and good carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes etc.)

6 Likes

Have a thyroid panel (blood work) done! It is super common for women to have hypothyroidism. One of the biggest side effects is not being able to lose weight.

Try eating six small meals/snacks a day. This will increase your metabolism

1 Like

Try metabolism pills from gnc.

You definitely need to eat more, your body will hold onto the fat, in a sense, not knowing when it will get it’s next substance from. Eat healthy meals on a regular basis, more than just once a day

2 Likes

You likely need to eat more. But I’d recommend meeting with a dietitian.

5 Likes

You aren’t eating enough, so your body is holding on to everything little thing it gets. Eat several small meals a day. If not, try substituting a few small meals with a protein shake.

3 Likes

You’re already minimizing your nutrition by eating once a day. Nourish yourself.

1 Like

Breakfast. Eat breakfast. That’s the only way i lose weight. Even if it’s just a piece of fruit or a slice of toast. I never lost weight breastfeeding either of my kids. I hit 10k steps a day just from my job but try to make it a point to still powerwalk 45 minutes 5x a week. But seriously, breakfast.

Not everyone looses weight while breastfeeding.
I know you aren’t currently. I would start eating smaller meals throughout the day. Eat lots of protein, veggies, water. Fruits and carbs last.

Eat 3 times a day low carb and low calorie

You’re not eating enough, or could be insulin resistant

1 Like

Eating once a day isn’t good for your metabolism. Maybe see a Dr and get your hormones checked and see a nutritionist.

1 Like

I eat a big breakfast … eggs and whatever meat i feel like frying, and I have a small supper. But I only drink water and I don’t eat sugar. I started at 189 in March and I’m currently 147 .

3 Likes

Not eating is going to be one of your biggest issues. Your body is in starvation mode.

1 Like

Ask yourself why it’s so important, if it that much or a struggle WHY push it
Somethings are just not ment to be and ppl are too obsessed with what they want
(I’m a size 0 and was literally obsessed with gaining weight. I got alot happier when I learned to accept myself since my health isnt impacted)

Stress and not eating won’t help

Sounds like you’re starving yourself and your body is in starvation mode… Holding onto the food it finally gets and storing it, because your body doesn’t kno when it will be fed again.

IF works… 16.8 is wonderful.
Dropping carbs to 20g net carbs per day.
Ttack your macros.

1 Like

By the sounds of it your body is going into starvation mode cause you’re not consuming enough calories. Your body is holding on to what little calories you are ingesting. You need to consume more since it sounds like you’re burning more. Try a protein shake in the morning and small snacks throughout the day.

1 Like

The things that helped me after baby #4 were Eating 5 small meals a day, don’t drink your calories, water, water, water, water and more water. Every day. Lots of fresh veggies and fruits, low carb, lots of snacks high in protein, portion control, and no eating after 7pm. Cardio, every day for at least an hour.

2 Likes

Eat more. If your job is as intense as you explain, you’re not fueling your body.

And unless you’re a manual laborer, actually lifting heavy and working up a sweat every day, you’re not getting a workout like you think.

Drink 100oz of water a day and get adequate sleep

Eat more i breastfeed my twins and eat a lot of snacks and a ton of protein I’ve lost maybe 65 pounds but I’m at 217? I gained way to much weight with this boys

Doesn’t matter how many times a day you eat, if your calories in vs your calories out is higher then you won’t lose weight. Find how many calories you need to be eating to lose weight and start counting.

7 Likes

You’re not eating enough, you’re stuck in starvation mode. You need to eat.

6 Likes

Eat more thats hardly enough to fully feed a baby

Your hormones can actually be messed up and not allowing you to lose. I would talk to your doctor and have blood work done to see.

1 Like

It usually takes the same amount to lose the weight as it did to gain it. You are being way tooooooo hard on yourself.

3 Likes

Get your macros calculated. There’s a lot of FB groups that have professionals that will do it for free. Your gonna wanna meet or exceed your protein goals and come in right around your calories. Fats and carbs can fall where they may. Focus on protein and calories
You calories are going to be higher than you expect. EAT THE FOOD :rofl: Ya need it to function properly.
Try and find the time to work in 30ish mins of cardio 4-6 times a week. This can be anything. Jogging in place while watching a show. A dance party with the kids. Just move and sweat.
And most importantly…DRINK​:clap:ALL​:clap:THE​:clap:WATER…ALL​:clap:OF​:clap:IT​:clap::clap::clap: drain the oceans…daily

1 Like

Are you drinking things other than water/black coffee between meals? If you cut down to just those, you’re already doing an OMAD diet. Intermittent Fasting For Women

You need to find the time to eat more than once a day and make time to workout.

1 Like

I’m 5’6 160 pounds and I eat 1500 to 1700 calories per day and I make sure I eat 160 grams of protein per day and I’ve lost ten pounds already. Doesn’t sound like you’re eating enough or meeting the macros for weight loss

3 Likes

Drink fruit and vegetable smoothies everyday yum love em.

The fupa is hard to get rid of. Have to actually go to the gym or workout at home. Beingbactive isnt enough. And a liquid diet or whatever is very unhealthy, as is only eating once per day. It is actually proven eating more small, healthy meals per day is better for you. If you dont eat, you wont lose. And stress wont help, that will pack on pounds.

1 Like

If you have PCOS that could be why you can’t lose weight. PCOS is an insulin resistant disease and that will inhibit your ability to lose weight. My advice is to speak to your doctor about your concerns.

2 Likes

You can pm me if you want. I’ve lost 40lbs since July 1st. Not trying to sell you anything and it is super hard. Definitely not easy but it definitely works.

You need to try and eat more frequently bc your body is adapting to the fact that your active but not eating much so chances are your body is storing it. Try to eat decent (healthy choices and all bad foods in moderation). If you can try to incorporate some strength training even if it’s just 10-15 minutes a day 3-4 times a week. Building muscle will help your metabolism! You don’t need to start heavy or lift heavy. Just enough to challenge yourself while keeping good form. Also give yourself some grace and patience. After all 3 of my kids the weight gets easier to lose after 9-12 months. Breastfeeding helps but not for everyone bc It’s easier for the body to want to store weight in order to help produce milk. I breastfed all 3 of my children and noticed when they weaned it was also easier to lean out so for my personally, my body stored more naturally when I was nursing. Most importantly don’t get discouraged. Stay consistent, keep trying and don’t quit. You got a lot on your plate being a mom so it’s not easy but you got this :two_hearts: Also a lot of people are recommending Keto. If realistically it’s not sustainable then don’t do it. Those who do keto usually gain the weight back. It does work for some but keep in mind that you don’t need to be extreme or cut out the foods you love in order to lose weight or get in shape. That’s no way to live. Firm believer that you can enjoy all the foods in moderation and still get fit.

3 Likes

Eating once a day is not good for you or to lose way… smoothies or protein shakes at least when busy at work… bring snacks etc

2 Likes

I highly recommend e2m

That was my problem for a loooong time. I too would eat once a day and couldn’t loose weight. I’ve lost 90lbs I drink protein shakes, green juice throughout the day. No carbs and lots of water. The weight will melt.

3 Likes

You mentioned your chin by chance have you been checked for diabetes or thyroid? Many people who lose weight but have facial weight is because of this issue

Another thing to try is to eat more but smaller meals it seems your body is storing due to your activity level.

Also a keto diet is a good start

If your only eating one a day your not eating enough … your body is taking what you do eat and storing it as fat

2 Likes

Consistency with a balanced diet and drinking a gallon of water per day.

1 Like

Talk to a doctor. They can check your blood for deficiencies or other issues and figure out what’s wrong. My issue ended up being my antidepressant and I was able to get on a different one.

That’s the problem- you’re not eating enough so your body is conserving it and transferring it into fat deposits to store it longer. You need to eat 3 meals a day or snack on healthy things throughout the day. Eat lots of protein, some carbs, and light snacks fruit and raw veggies

5 Likes

I’ve been told your body goes into starvation mode and that’s why your not losing any weight. Eat small good for snacks in the morning/afternoon. Fruit, nuts, veggies. Makes a difference. I’m a house keeper so I’m constantly moving & sweating. So on the way to different clients I’ll snack & hydrate

3 Likes

Eat 3 meals a day-it will boost your metabolism. With only one meal your metabolism will be low storing everything up because it goes into starvation mode. Try adding exercises to increase your core strength- even 15 minutes a day (to start at least) will help a lot with your middle. Take measurements at the beginning. You might not lose as much weight as fast as you’re wanting but don’t get discouraged- as you build more muscle muscle weighs more than fat but you will see your measurements getting smaller. I do measurements only once a month. Don’t get low fat / fat free anything— they just put in more sugars to make up the lack of flavor— just follow portion sizes of regular stuff.

4 Likes

Eat more. Eating multiple times a day helps with metabolism

Talk to a Nutritionist earring once a day won’t help you loose weight

Deff get your thyroid checked

Both my kids I tried everything. After 18 months two years, it just natural started to fall off give yourself some time xx

Eating once a day is not good for you nor will it help you lose weight. People think only eating once a day will help them lose weight but it won’t. You need to download an app that counts calories. Depending on your weight and how much you want to lose the app will tell you how many calories you need to eat every single day so you can lose weight. If you go over your calorie count you will gain weight. Watch your calories and set a goal with the calorie count. It will help tremendously.

1 Like

I have issues with weight loss due to my hysterectomy. You need to start making yourself eat three meals a day small meals. Drink lots and lots of water and cut out sugary drinks. Also it’s good to cut out a lot of bread and starches, good to cut out sweets and junk food. That’s how I started losing weight and I also go to gym 3 to 4 times a week

You need to eat more your body is in starvation mode for only eating one meal a day and it’s storing it. Up your calories hun you’ll see your weight start to drop.

6 Likes

Read the book Eat To Live. It will change your lifestyle of choices.

Not enough fuel (eating) for your body.

2 Likes

Did you go on any type of BC.

You need to eat more often , drink more water, eat more protein and less carbs.

3 Likes

You need to make sure to be eating. Eating once a day your starving your body so it knows you are not going to eat so it’s holding onto everything. Eating multiple times a day speeds up your metabolism, and let’s your body know hey it’s okay to burn through everything stored. Drink plenty of water also.

5 Likes

Some moms while bf actually gain and hold weight cause your body wants to turn it into milk so it stores it.

1 Like

I can tell you what I struggle with…I wish I could keep the weight on… when I stress. It falls off like nothing. It is really annoying.
Eat morning, 2nd meal, fruit. Bananas are great. Make you happy too.dry finger snack foods for 2nd meal is good especially if your on the go.
Then 3rd is your dinner. Cut out white bread. Brown bread…

Look into intermenting fasting it’s the only thing working for me

Get some blood work done to check your thyroid and hormones. Also not eating enough is just as bad as eating too much. Try to eat some healthy snacks throughout the day.

1 Like

Try eating more meals, my mother tried losing weight and ended up gaining because she wasn’t eating more than once a day, your body stores fat.

1 Like

You need to eat 3 times a day plus some healthy dnacks

You could try fasting and not eating past 6pm and drinking a gallon of water a day

1 Like

You have to eat!!! Oatmeal for breakfast fruit for snack protein and carb for lunch snack protein carb veggies for dinner and fruit for snack. Your body is like a blender if you put in small amounts it works well but if you fill it up all at one time it will stop working because there is too much stress. Also exercise gently like yoga stretches because moving is no the same as excerise. Good luck And God bless

1 Like

I lost 180 pds in a yr. I had 2 ensure drinks, breakfast and dinner and ate anything I wanted for lunch. Sprinkle cinnamon on everything you can. I love peanut butter, mayo, banana sandwiches covered in cinnamon. Good luck. Now at 120 I eat 2 times a day.

Water water water! Not good to eat after 7pm

3 Likes

You can Google diet for your blood type. I did it yrs ago and it worked

Your hormones can also take about 12 months to even out and lose the fluid around your body. With my first pregnancy I struggle to lose the weight until 12 months pp

Do fasting. No calories for 18 hours only water, unsweetened tea and black coffee. Then eat for 6. I’ve lost 20 Pounds in about 7 months. I went from 150 to 130.

Do the danette may 30day challenge! I lost 35 in two months and I still use her meal plans. It’s like $42 and you get a ton of information about clean eating

I didn’t start losing weight till 12 months post pregnancy. Get your thyroid checked. Eating once a day can hurt weight loss if you are not eating your full caloric needs in that one meal, which is around 2,000 calories give or take your activity. If you are very active you will need more than 2,000 calories. A calorie deficit will net weight loss but too much just puts you in starvation mode and your body will hold onto everything for dear life. Try two medium sized meals instead.

1 Like

Try exercising worked with me

Get your lab work done! Do you have a thyroid condition ? You also have to eat more frequently… the worst thing you can do is skip meals… also drink water as much as you can !

You need to eat more. Your body is going all day without food so is clinging on to everything you eat. Use an app which measures exercise and logs calories. Aim for a 500 calorie deficit. You should lose 1-2 lbs a week and keep it off. It will also help your belly to not get excess skin. I found I was dieting too hard and when I started doing this I lost loads. I’ve just lost 22lbs doing this :relaxed:

2 Likes

Plastic surgery will fix that

It’s what u r eating ! Try strictly sticking to only very lean proteins ,fruits,and veggies.

1 Like

Send me a pm if you’d like I can share some info with you and help!

Without asking more questions, I would implore you to look into lipedema. It is a connective tissue disease that makes it very difficult to lose weight because fluid fills the fat cells and makes it impossible to lose weight.

Eating once a day is making your body hold onto everything. Try eating multiple small, healthy meals instead.

5 Likes

i have axcion for sell :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I am hypothyroid…ask All the thyroid levels be checked not just the one. After my last baby I ended up having thyroid cancer ( 6 broke the camel’s back ) had it removed when he was 6 months old… It grew back (very rare) and I had a 3 Mon delay due to Covid, but 31 yrs apart I had to have it out again. I still have trouble with my weight, but I am STILL here. Blessings to you.

I had bad pcos and couldn’t loose any weight for the life of me.

1 Like

I have been suffering :sob: from (Herpes Simples Virus) for the past 38 years and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement :persevere: until I came across testimonies of Dr. Enabulu on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then I contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions. When I was done taking the herbal medicine I went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprised i was cure from (Herpes Simples Virus). My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other diseases you can contact Redirecting...

If you’re not allergic to ginger try ginger tea.
You just need about an inch of fresh ginger and cut it up to small peices. Then let it steep in a cup of hot water for 5 to 10 min. If you don’t like the flavor flavor add honey to make it better… drink the tea 3 to 5 times a day. I know it sounds like a lot but that’s how I lost 25 lbs in a month and without exercise

Have your hormones and everything checked

You have to eat especially if you are breast feeding !! Your body is holding on to the fat and turning it into sugar because you are not eating and are breast feeding !!!

2 Likes

It is really does start in the kitchen, you need to be consuming more than 1 thing a day. Protein, protein, protein. It builds the muscles. Water intake hydrates for recovery. I would join a fitness program if I were you, I am part of one that offers 5 workouts a week, meal plans, support, yoga, and many other things. You can’t always do it on your own, sometimes you need more knowledge from someone who has studied health and fitness. You need a calorie deficit of about 500. Lifting is also key, don’t only focus on cardio.

Your body is in starvation mode.

6 Likes