I cannot lose weight: Help!

Keto
70 pounds down and have kept most all off

3 Likes

I know it sounds counterintuitive but you have to eat more frequently. Your body will hold on to your belly fat as a form of protecting itself from starvation. Eating once a day tells your body food is scarce. Even if it’s just a handful of almonds or some veggies it will help!

6 Likes

Eat more. Smaller snacks every few hours during the day. Bring some fruit or a protein shake to work.

3 Likes

You’re not eating enough for your metabolism to work

9 Likes

Eating one meal a day causes you to store fat because your body is living off of it because it’s not getting enough calories

6 Likes

Are you breastfeeding still? My body just holds onto weight for dear life when breastfeeding. I can only lose once I’m done.

3 Likes

You have to eat more or your body holds onto fat preparing to enter starvation mode. At the very least, eat breakfast and dinner.
Also drink a lot of water.

You can also have your hormones/ thyroid checked.

4 Likes

You are putting your body into starvation mode. You need to increase water and food intake. You may not even need caloric dedication either.

Also are you adhd? Because this a very adhd problem.

2 Likes

It starts with how you are fueling your body. Lots of vegetables, minimal amount of carbs at supper (you want more at breakfast and lunch because carbs are what give your body energy; eating them at supper leads to not sleeping well because your body has energy and is ramped up instead of winding down like you need it to), and lots of water. Also eating three times a day with a healthy snack between meals. Only eating once a day will cause your body to go into starvation mode and it will hold on to the fat rather than losing it because your body doesn’t know when it’s going to get its next round of nutrition.

1 Like

Try two small meals
Only eating once puts your body into starvation mode it will hoard fat.
Breakfast could be just coffee juice and toast then maybe at 3 have water and a sandwich cut up vegetables and dip.

You need to eat healthy things BUT small portions every 2 hours. Like 1/4 - 1/2 cup of something. Easy on the starches and don’t skip the protein. If you can implement a glass of water and a banana in the morning, before coffee. You will notice a big difference. This seems to be the only thing that has helped me. I am now walking every night, after dinner as well. Seems to be helping. Not losing number weight but losing inches on my tummy. Which is where I want to lose from. Good luck!

Walk for half an hour a day cut out salt and eat 1500 calories a day you will lose 4 lb in one month

1 Like

Couple small meals, low carb, add an exercise routine 30 mins a day. It can be walking. I’m in my journey currently. I’m gunna go to no or low processed sugar. It’s tough. Also hormones can play a role.

You definitely need to eat more often like everyone else is saying! Especially while breastfeeding. And plenty of water (you need at least half of your body weight in ounces everyday!). Also, look into your gut health! I could not lose the weight after having kiddos no matter what I did until I started focusing on my gut health. I personally use Plexus supplements & love them! I lost all the extra weight I needed to and have kept it off for over 2 years without dieting. I had never heard of gut health when I started but I’ve learned so much and it is the key to everything!

eating once a day is your issue most likely. Eat more than once a day

3 Likes

Because you’re only eating once a day.
Your body will start to hold and store the fat.
Weight loss really starts with nutrition, especially the abdomen area. As women we naturally hold onto fat for survival and our babies.
Whole foods, plants, nuts and seeds, lean meats. Lots of water.

2 Likes

Eating once a day is probably part of your problem. I have always had a weight problem and have been conditioned to think too much food was the problem. But I am down 25 pounds from eating more lean protein 3-5 times a day. Limit carbs to 20 grams or less for snacks and 50 or less for meals. Keep them as healthy as possible like from veggies and some fruit, whole grains. Limit fats to healthy ones like olive oil. When we don’t eat enough out body will break down muscle for fuel instead of fat. Muscle burns more calories but also stores carbs for fuel to be used later. Less muscle means fewer calories burned and carbs stored in fat instead of muscle. That is harder to burn. I started watching YouTube videos about bodybuilding nutrition and science. Not along ago I couldn’t lift 5 pound weights very long. Now I’m up to 12 pounds and I have lost over 25 pounds. I am rarely hungry and I am losing weight in places I have never been able to get rid of. The advice we all get about starving ourselves is just wrong. It seems to have kept me in that cycle. I hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

parents don,t tell you, if you have a child it changes your body forever. I found eating mostly proteins and staying away from carbs, is like night + day

Have you had your hormones checked? It could be PCOS

Check hormones and thyroid

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Keto diet worked for me

1 Like

I honestly feel this 100% I have tried everything and nothing works. I split up my meals and do 3 small meals plus healthy snacks like fresh fruit and vegetables…

Check out your health first. Check thyroid levels that can have an impact on your ability to loose weight. Eating more frequently, small healthy meals will help to

Only eating once a day is putting your body into a starving mode. So, when you do eat, instead of converting the food into energy, it’s being stored as fat for preserves.
I would suggest planning and prepping meals on Sunday for not only yourself, but your family and have them to take with you.
And developing a workout routine. Even just 30 mins 3-4 times a week.
It would also be a good idea to get a physical and have labs done. Your thyroid could be affecting your ability to lose any weight

5 Likes

High protein low sugar with correct portion size

1 Like

It worked for Me, Lost 100 lbs in 6 months, read the first 100 pages…good luck, it REALLY works…never hungey or feel “deprived”… You can eat all the huge steaks and salads you want, A blessing, Let Me know how it worked for you… [email protected]… I have a free copy I’ll mail to you

1 Like

Slim fast, lots of walking, lots of water fruit and veggies

You actually need to eat more , meat and green vegies… … And drink plenty of water.

1 Like

Keto/low carb is the only thing that works for me.

I eat a large lunch, and don’t eat at night. That has helped me. I also do sit ups, push ups, swats, stretches while waiting for my coffee to percolate in the morning. Hope this helps.

Please have your thyroid checked. My thyroid issues began after I had my first child.

Try Weight Watchers, they can show you how to eat and maintain weight loss.

Okay first of all be patient. You need to make sure you losing weight in a sustainable way. Eat whole foods, be mindful of how much nutrients your getting and make sure your eating enough calories. You need to be eating 3 meals and day followed by 1-2 snacks. You need to drink plenty of water and make sure your getting enough sleep and minimize your stress as all of these do affect your inability to lose weight. Please do not fall into any pyramid schemes or anything that could seriously affect your health. You need to change your perspective from I want to lose weight to I want to be healthy and this takes time. There is no quick fix to weight loss however there are a ton of unhealthy habits that can seriously affect you so please be careful and put you HEALTH FIRST !

6 Likes

How many calories are you eating. The Myfitnesspal app is amazing. You can eat once a day as long as you’re squeezing In plenty of calories HEALTHY CALORIES. If you’re not eating enough you’re body is in starvation/panic m9de

4 Likes

Get your thyroid checked

1 Like

Talk to this lady. My wife lost over 50 pounds and I lost 30 pounds. My wife could never lose weight. It really works.

You’re not eating enough. Your body is in starvation mode. So when you do eat it is storing all the fat. It does this because it doesn’t know when it will get fuel again. You need a balanced diet and 6 very small meals a day. Not big meals. Watch and add your calories and make sure you are getting 1500 to 1600 per day but if extremely active go to 1800.

14 Likes

I heard if you are actively breast feeding your body holds onto fat it won’t happen until you stop

You need 3 healthy meals at the least. Your body thinks you are starving and is holding onto every calorie.

4 Likes

Start eating more good calories soon. I am REALLY struggling to get my body out of starvation mode.

6 Likes

Be patient. And you need to eat 3 times a day it’ll help your metabolism eating once a day isn’t good. Even if it’s just a banana or some celery or something

If you’re only eating once a day, your body probably thinks you’re starving and tries to conserve calories. Eat more small meals.

2 Likes

I recommend getting your hormone levels checked. Life changing!

1 Like

I am 62 and find it very difficult to lose weight.

I have finally found something that finally works.

I am now using Intermittent Fasting.

I fast from five PM to nine AM , daily.

My family understands my schedule and have been very supportive.

I went from 240 pounds down to 215 and continuing to lose weight.

I hope you find this to work for you.

Blessings.

6 Likes

I agree to the post about eating only one meal actually keeps the weight on. My mom has the same issues with not losing weight but only eats one meal due to being busy tired and depressed. I sent her articles about starvation mode your body goes into by saving up and storing the fat. She is now eating multiple small meals throughout the day to finally lose weight.

5 Likes

Are you on birth control? Some birth control’s can cause weight gain.

I was eating only once a day & heavier couldn’t figure it out. I don’t have a big appetite. I joined Noom & the Coach told me I should eat at least 3 times a day even little meals. My weight has been stable & in normal range since I’ve been doing it.

Eat fruits and more veggies. Have detox shakes it will keep you full. Poop more. Drink water. Cut off the soda. If you hate water add lemon. Drink natural juice instead of that supermarket stuff. Get a faja. You can go about you day using a faja that fits your body. Not too tight. You have to be comfortable but know your wearing one and do your daily activities that you have to do. Must eat 3 times a day but you eat healthy. Salmon, chicken, tuna, eggs. Snacks like celery with hummus is my favorite.

You need to eat more small meals during the day your body us storing the food due to not receiving enough

1 Like

Check with your Dr. Do yo have Lipoedema. It’s hormonal, starts at puberty, pregnancy or menopause. Diet and exercise don’t make any difference. There are obvious signs. Feet and hands are normal size. It starts in the legs, buttocks then abdomen and arms. There is no treatment. Check out Lipoedems U.K.

Talk to your doctor about starting adipex… not sure if spelling is correct

Go to the dr and ask for saxenda

If you don’t eat enough your starts storing the fat more because it feels deprived. It’s best to eat and a lot of small meals.

7 Likes

I had a really hard time loosing weight to… I found that breastfeeding didn’t help “melt” the fat either like everyone says. My child is 5 now and I’m finally at my pre pregnancy weight lol. The only thing that helped me was counting calories there’s a lot of apps now to help with that too. I found it worked for me because I didn’t have to cut anything out completely. I just became more aware of what I was eating :slightly_smiling_face:

Check your thyroid could be out of balance

1 Like

I take Apple cider vinegar pills 2 in the morning 2 at night I also would eat bite or two if something thru out the day eat a meal for lunch. I eat raw or steams vegetables cut way down o. Sugar and I lost like 40 pound in 3 months

2 Likes

Try Eating Once A Day (I Recommend It Being An Semi Early Dinner) Drinking A Good Bit Of Water Throughout Your Day Will Help You Not Feel So Hungry. And Go On The Carnivore Diet! Look It Up On YouTube And Watch Some Videos About It. It’s Where You Literally Just Eat Meat. That’s It. My Mother/Father In Law, Husband, And I All Went On It And You Wouldn’t Believe The Results We All Got! It Also Has Even More Great Benefits That Come With It. (Also My Husband Has Type One Diabetes And Before He Started This Diet His Sugars Were Almost Always Super High Or Low, Rarely Could Stay Where He It Was Supposed To Be And Now His Sugar Has Been So Much More Controled And Mostly Where It Should Be!) AND Now After Months Of Us Starting The Diet When We Try To Have A Cheat Day/Weekend And Eat Junk Foods It Makes Us Not Feel To Great And So It Kinda Keeps You From Wanting To Eat Junk. Anyways Hope You Look Into This, Try It And See If It’s The Right Kind Of Diet For You!

3 Likes

Eat breakfast. It starts ur metabolism. Make time to eat. Even if it’s just a protein bar. Drink water. Take herbal hormone pills to balance hormones…it’s a hormonal issue. The birth control plays a part in not being able to lose weight. Also destress. When u do t drink enough water then ur body retains water. Detox ur body with herbs.

1 Like

What is your water intake like?

Herbalife. Life changing :heart_on_fire:

8 Likes

Keto don’t eat after 5 pm
I have 8 kids

2 Likes

You aren’t eating enough. Drink more water. Increase your protein.

3 Likes

Join this group and check out the results of individuals. Awesome way of eating and absolutely works.

So you need to eat more regularly. 2-3 small carnivore meals a day. Your metabolism needs to be kicked into gear and with you eating only once a day it is slow. You need to snack throughout the day.

2 Likes

I was told that every archievement begins with a decision to try, ignorance destroy so many opportunities, I’m a victim but I was convinced by the right person thanks to you Mrs Lisa jennifer

I’m so lucky to invest with Mrs lisa jennifer , I can assure you that she’s 100% legitimate and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform. Indeed this has been a life changing opportunity to me and all thanks to lisa Jennifer for helping me out on cryptocurrency trade,you can give it a try

3 Likes

I have been hearing about cryptocurrency I never know how it works until I came across Mrs lisa jennifer trades and She makes me understand how it works, since then I’ve been investing in her platform and i have being making massive profits that’s why I decided to tell you, invest with the right manager today. Click on this name to message her

The comments on this post are simply mind blowing. I understand they are meant well and with care. But totally wrong.

“You’re not eating enough, you need to eat more, starvation mode”

Completely the opposite advice needed. You’re eating TOO MUCH.

If you’re “very active and physical” and weigh 220lbs then you are a calorie burning machine. If you’re maintaining that weight it also means you’re smashing down you just as much calories.

My advice to you is.

Ignore every single comment in this post.

Start calorie counting, and follow roughly 2200 calories.

And Track with 100% accuracy

I promise its nothing to do with eating once a day, thyroid, metabolism, starvation mode, etc etc.

You’re consuming too many calories and you need to reduce that.

Calorie counting will help you realise that.

I wish you well, all the best :muscle:t3:
P.s this is my profession.

Teamrh.uk :muscle:t3:

943 Likes

seriously trust Team RH

10 Likes

not vinegar or pills or starving

4 Likes

Calorie deficit :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:only way .

12 Likes

Team RH all the way.

9 Likes

Scary some of this advice being given
Only way to lose weight is calorie deficit. There is good advice from Team RH that is the only one I’d listen to. (I have no affiliation to them what so ever)

26 Likes

I’m happy to chat with you. I am a PT and well being coach. Butterflies . Pm me x

Trust Team RH Richie Howey just read the comments from both and it’s what I needed to see to kick me back on it :+1::muscle:

7 Likes

Check with your doctor see if there is any underlying issues I have hypothyroidism

TeamRH, I’m not saying that because they’ve posted above. I started at your weight with them 2 years back, I stuck to the Calories (I was on 2000 doing 10k steps a day, no weights). I lost 5 stone in a combined amount of a year. The last 3-6 months I upped my step goal to 15k and included weight training, this is where I lost the most weight.

I’m anemic. I have an underactive thyroid. I was on birth control and I had an autistic child at home to contend and look after.

If I didn’t want to go out, I didn’t have to I’d step whilst my daughter played or when watching TV, or when she was in bed. It is doable and best way to lose weight :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Hi I highly recommend Coach Mark Carroll he is the best! He does give you your calories and home workouts

You need to be in a calorie defecit to lose weight.
I lost 7 Stone with the 1:1 diet after gaining weight with my 3 children, I’ve been successfully maintaining my Weightloss for the last 2 years.
I blogged my Weightloss journey on Instagram Rebeccalu121diet

It’s your calories, I’m very similar, work 7 days a week on my feet, sometime 20-30k steps per day, plus single parent and elderly sick parents to look after, I “hardly ate” sometimes only 1 meal a day.
Couldn’t understand why I wasn’t loosing weight, “I never stop and hardly eat”

But once I started tracking I couldn’t believe how many mystery calories I was shoving in my gob without knowing, a couple Of the bairns chips, bits of
Chocolate, handful of jellies, or because I hadn’t eaten all day, having a huge amount of calories for my tea, also the odd drinks i Would have on a night,

Make sure you weigh everything to the gram, including any ready meals, what’s in the packet is normally not the weight in the box. Measure milk, sugar in any cuppas, as I could easily have 1000 calories a day just in coffee.
I’m not always perfect, but I understand on those days that it’s not an accurate amount of calories I’m consuming. I also understand that being on my feet doesn’t entitle me to eat more, not if I want to loose

And sometimes I still only get time for one meal a day, I can’t change how busy my life is, but I can change what I eat, it’s all tracked and counted so within my daily target and lost 12lb in the last month having 2200 calories a day xx

15 Likes

Team RH 100% I’ve lost 52lb trusting their plan

4 Likes

Sounds like yore overcompensating and sent your body into crisis so it’s clinging to weight and storing fat instead of losing. It might sound counterproductive but you should increase your caloric intake. For sure increase protein. Then go back on a deficit ( small) in a couple weeks

9 Likes

How do you know how many calories you should be consuming???

Have your liver enzymes checked. That was my issue.

Well I know the reason I’m not loosing weight is be I eat and drink to much. I have no excuses I need to get back in m the team rh plan. When I stick to it I loose weight

4 Likes

Go onto Team RH page and he explains all about how calorie deficits works, why slimming groups don’t, what you need to do…… he’s very straight in his approach, no bull :poop: …. Have a look

7 Likes

If it goes in your mouth track it. Track it accurately. Team RH are brilliant but frank and honest. The only people who don’t like them are those who want to be told a lie. Weight loss is hard. Anyone I know reading this knows I’m fat right now. But I previously lost nearly 3 stone with them and the only reason I put it back on it my own tracking etc. sadly being in a bad mental place didn’t help.
. I started again and I’m losing again. Simple. Quick food is often high calorie sadly. So whilst you may feel like you’re hardly eating it’s probably because your eating wasted calories that aren’t filling you. Increase protein and fibre reduce overall calories and for exact info join team rh .

15 Likes

U need to eat. U can’t eat once a day. If u have no time to eat then I suggest drinking protein shakes through out the day. I drink mine with ice coffee for my breakfast and sometimes my lunch. I also started cutting carbs. Getting low carb breads when I do eat them. Upped my protein intake. Got ride of anything besides water, coffee and protein shakes for drinks. Switched to no surgar/no sugar added condiments. I stay away from sugar as much as possible. I’ve always struggled with weight loss and this seems to work. I’ve lost 44 pound in 6 months

3 Likes

Drop the sugar and carbs, increase protein. It really works!! I lost 50 lbs without exercise.

2 Likes

Team RH all the way. I’ve had five kids and couldn’t shift the weight properly after my last one (2020). I breastfed her until 2021. Started Team RH and calorie counting in June 2022 and I’m down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Doesn’t matter how active you are, if you’re consuming more calories than you’re putting out then you won’t lose weight.

3 Likes

Team RH all the way i had twins in October2020 started teamrh feb 20th and ive lost 21lb trust the plan it gives you so much knowledge

2 Likes

Another vote for Team RH do it, it’s the only way #caloriedeficit

2 Likes

Good advice! I recently left TeamRH. Still doing all the tracking. I actually gained a little from a year ago. So I have started charting my weekly averages. Calories macros weight. So I can see on paper where I screw up. Not enough protein usually. I weigh what I can but don’t track as grams. Info not very common here in US. Calories usually under for the week. I get my steps. Do some exercising within my pain tolerance. All your information is well received just need to put it all together. Thank you for a fun year.

Under active thyroid? I have the same problem active eat reasonably good but just couldn’t shift extra weight… so I went to the doctors and a blood test came back so he put me on medication and my weight slowly dropped with what I was originally doing…

1 Like

Cut carbs sugar and soda. Drink gallon of water a day

7 Likes

Whatever works for u . But the basis is all the same. Calorie deficit . Unless there is some medical issue thyroid etc . U must b consuming more calories than what u require .

1 Like

You need #teamRH! Or at the very least please track every single gram of your food and drink on the free app ‘my fitness pal’ Don’t change your diet yet just track absolutely everything for 2 to 3 weeks and you will see exactly why you are not losing weight and then you can make the changes. Team RH has changed my life! x

3 Likes

I recommend cutting out potatoes, noodles, bread: all starches. They turn into sugar. No alcohol. No candy. No chips. No sodas. No fried foods. No cream. When you crave them, drink 32 ounces of water or a sports drink. Add a salad to your diet, every day with spinach, lettuces you like and celery with a thinly sliced carrot for crunch. No bread crumbs, no cheese. Use and oil and vinegar with seasonings like oregano and basil for flavor. You can also try a fresh salsa for a dressing. Eat complex, lean protein with every meal. Keep a food diary. I really wish you all the best. Losing weight is a tough journey.

14 Likes