I don't feel comfortable with my kid being around my ex's new girl

I say take it to court get everything in writing

Shoulda took it to courts

Go to court you have valid concerns

1 Like

When this issue arises let him the “responsible one” deal with it!

Get a court order, confirm boundaries in it

I think this is more about him moving on than anything, as you made the comment about him jumping in to fast . Nothing to do with you unfortunately. Trust him as her father . You did before the new girlfriend. He’s not leaving her alone with him.
Try meeting one on one over a coffee with the GF.
I am divorced … and remarried now. I am a mum of 3 and stepmother of 2…and when my ex got a serious new GF I met her for coffee without him or the kids and it was the best thing. We established a few " codes " and 8yrs later He’s still with her and I couldn’t be happier and either could the kids…

3 Likes

Im having the same issue :unamused: Except my kids father was very abusive. Im thinking he wont let me meet his new girl cause he doesnt want her to know what went down between us :grimacing: But shes always around my son who is 2. Have yet to actually meet her :pensive:

1 Like

When my kids were younger they learned at a very early age what kind of a man their dad was. So as they got older they realized they did not want to spend any amount of time with him. They were mentally abused horribly, just as I was. So I would make excuses for them not to hang around their dad. Their dad my ex eventually quite coming around n my kids are very happy about that!

1 Like

If he’s a loving caring trustworthy father no worries when she’s with just staying with him…if he had habits that are suspicious… yes. I agree about meeting her and knowing where daughter is staying. You don’t know if there’s an un gated area… strange neighbor or houseguest…unfriendly dog etc…3 yrs old should stay routine with her visits… same place etc… let adults meet … be adult about it

My ex did this. He lied and I would find out. He always wanted to control everything even though he was the one in the wrong. I eventually looked at weather I truly didn’t want them around her or if I was just being petty. It was both, but I figured that if he is going to lie because I won’t allow it and do it regardless then I’d rather just allow it and know about it. I have now just let things happen unless it is truly harming our kids.

If your ex is a good dad and responsible, he will protect her.

I agree with the comment that it is extremely concerning how many of you would allow your child to sleep in a home with someone you didn’t know. Umm what? If this was a new boyfriend, I would guess most of you would be having a cow but since she’s female, I think you assume the child will be okay. Nope. Don’t trust that one single bit. I know just as many females who have to register as SO as males.

Trust your gut momma. If something is telling you that you shouldnt trust this situation, you are probably right. I’d speak up and say something to him. You can never be too careful with your kids, especially in this day and age. Keep everything documented as well.

When she is with her dad, you have no say, just as he has none with you. Otherwise take him to court and set some legal boundaries.

Move on with your life. Clearly, he has no interest in you or your child.

What you have to trust is if your child’s dad is a responsible p, protective and loving parent, because if that’s the case, I wouldn’t worry about him bringing his daughter somewhere he doesn’t believe would be safe for her just so he can get laid when he has a place of his own. I get you want to meet the gf to see what kind of person she is but even if you do, a lot of times you don’t see the real person, just a facade they put on, she could be completely different with your ex, like toxic and whatnot and you’d never know.

You need to protect your child, PERIOD !!! Forget about being nice, understanding and blah blah blah …. Think about this, Would you involve your child with a new boyfriend and leave your child with him? That’s a big NO !!! Right ??? If your ex doesn’t want to follow rules and mutual agreements, then you really need to take this legally ( I dislike courts for family issues) but unfortunately men lose their heads when they meet new romances. It’s not necessary to involve a child with someone you barely know !!! That’s just irresponsible!!! Your child is the most precious person in the world and needs protection in every way. Good luck and I hope you nip this in the butt !!!