I don't know what to do

The guy I've been dated for the last 8 months was kind, sweet, loving to me and my son. Out of the blue he's started to be hateful and rude and mean to both of us. He woke up the other morning out of the blue and started screaming and yelling slamming things. He kicked the front door completely open them came at me and put his hand around my throat and raised his fist like he was going to hit me in front of my son. I e tried tattoo him to ask what's wrong and what I could do to help him through whatever he is going through. It just seems like anytime I try to talk to him he puts me down calls me names threatens me and tell me to pack my stuff and leave. His mom and dad are on my side and have told him what he is doing is wrong. I've done nothing but cry the past few days trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't know what to do and I would like some advice. I'm already looking for another place but nothing is available yet where I live. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells and he scares me. I just need some advice on how to handle this. Please don't bash me I'm doing what I can right now to find somewhere else to go.

Please. I just need some advice.

I highly doubt you did something wrong, a lot of people actually show their true selves after a certain amount of time in a relationship. So he may very well have just been putting a show to get you. I would do exactly what you’re doing, look for something else. I would even see if you could stay with a friend or family member until that happens… even his parents since they know what you’re going through. You should not have to deal with that and your son doesn’t need to be in that environment. I wish you the best!