I don't like my childs teacher and want to audio record her at school: Advice?

Unfortunately sitting in a class wouldn’t help if teacher is not being nice. She would be on her best behavior

1 Like

You can always ask to sit in… or do pop ups🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

Homeschool. Problem solved.

4 Likes

My question is why are you concerned about what your son says in class, what are you hiding

2 Likes

It’s illegal where I live.

As a parent I haven’t, but if I felt a need to do so then I would. If you suspect something is not right with the teacher, you’ll never find out the truth by scheduling a meeting. They are always on their best behavior at meetings and there’s always some misunderstanding. Place the recorder in your child’s back pack to listen to the truth. Be sure to purchase a quality recorder.

First of all voice recordings are an invasion of all privacy laws. She has to know about it and give permission! That’s why the police have to have probable cause and a warrant to record voice. Ijs she can actually sue you.

Just call a meeting no need to tippy toe. Ask for him to change class rooms

Depending on what state you’re in, recording someone without their knowledge is against the law. I’d be careful and do some research.

5 Likes

Don’t do it. You can always sit in class and watch. Idk if that depends on the grade though? My kids are in kindergarden and 2nd grade and parents are welcome to sit in at anytime.

2 Likes

Why do you not like him what has he done that makes you not like him .

Just be careful because it’s illegal

3 Likes

It’s illegal to record someone without their knowledge…

He probably doesn’t like you either

5 Likes

I have wanted to do the same