I don't want my mom taking my son to the beach: Help!

Don’t let these people make you feel bad. Your feelings are valid.

5 Likes

Don’t instill your fears into your child.

If you trust your mum then you have no need to be stressing. It’s your own fear that’ll stop him from enjoying something.

Relax a little and let your mum enjoy some time with her grandson and let him enjoy some time at the beach.

4 Likes

I understand your anxiety but if she is keeping him for you while you work then I understand completely you will have to find someone to watch him while she goes on a vacation

3 Likes

Get them a life jacket and tell your mom that they’re not allowed in the water without it. It also wouldn’t be a bad idea to get your child swimming lessons. If drowning is a fear of yours, than give them the means to prevent it.

7 Likes

Your thoughts are very much valid! If your not comfortable, explain to your mom

Let him go bc she’s a responsible adult and he deserves a fun time. He’ll be fine. Grab a life vest in his size if you are worried. I agree with the others, you have to work through your fears and anxieties without projecting them onto others. Let the kids be kids please, we’re losing that inthis generation people aren’t even considering sleepovers anymore, kids barely play with other neighborhood kids, bc of paranoia and fear, can’t keep them babies in a bubble they deserve fun and community. A sense of normalcy. Free yourself from the stuff that’s binding you. For you.

Teaching your child the safety of the water be great full she in his life and making memories it could happen with you aswell just breathe and teach your son water safety.

I wouldn’t allow anyone but me to take my kids swimming for the same reason, I think you’re been completely rational! Tell her no x

4 Likes

I think you need to have faith in the person who seemingly raised you without incident

3 Likes

I’m too scared to take my son to the beach on my own, but if I have another person there with me or my parent(s) (who obviously kept me alive at the beach as a kid lol) want to take him I’m cool with that lol he loves swimming and I don’t wanna make him miss out bc I have anxiety over large bodies of water. I feel differently about pools haha I’ll take him to one of those all day. He has a life jacket that fits him for whenever he swims. I understand where you’re coming from with safety concerns, but if you aren’t ever gonna take him there bc of your fears - another trusted adult should be able to bc he shouldn’t have to never go and miss out on the enjoyment just because his mom’s scared. He’ll learn water safety, you gotta give him the chance tho.

4 Likes

It’s very normal to feel this way. I watch my grandbabies and their moms have the same fears. Just tell her you are not ready for the child to go to the beach without you. Put your child in swim classes, it will really help ease the fear you are having.

This is a you problem not your sons or your mothers. Let it go an leave it be if you trust her then TRUST her! She kept you alive all these years so I think she can handle a day with your son. Projecting your fears onto your child is only cause him to resent you for holding him back and you will lose your relationship with him. So stop an let it go the only thing you need to focus on is the fact that you trust your mother with your child simple as that. Take deep breaths and pretend he’s going to a park or a movie with her and not the beach. It’s all a mind game with fears. Don’t project show respect and let your trust in her guide you through.

Your kid your rules.
End of story.

I am so scared of the water nearly died when I was 4 in a pool and again when I was 19 in the sea im very lucky to be here. But would I ever push those fears onto my child absolutely not. She loves the water and the people I trust take her because I can’t because of my fears.

2 Likes

Its your son,your decisions,say no, you have a voice,you opinion is what matters, i have 7 grandbabies,i am 48 years old,my grandbabies ages ranges from 7 years and down, and i respect what their parents say, because they birthed them babies not me, so your opinion is the main one that counts

1 Like

I would absolutely hate to be a child not allowed to do anything because it was my parents fears. Don’t push your fears onto your children. Maybe sit down and express your worries with your mom. She might just be taking your child to the beach to play in the sand. I remember when my gma would take me to the beach and let me play in the sand as a child. I 100% hate the beach near me, but I woukd shove that reasoning onto my kids just because how I felt. If you are truly concerned, see if she can take your child to the splash pad and on your next off day, plan a trip to the beach with your family.

4 Likes

Learn to trust, am sure your mum won’t let anything bad happen.

2 Likes

It’s your kid. Her feelings do not matter. If she gets offended she clearly isn’t mature enough to be watching your kid. Just say no. You are mom and you make the rules for your child.

3 Likes

I almost drowned as a child and have fear of deep water. I was afraid of projecting this fear onto my daughter. So I put her into swimming lessons as soon as she was potty trained. She swims quite well now. I even took her white water rafting for her 15th birthday. It was quite a fearful experience for me but she loved it. Of course we had life jackets to wear. Otherwise I wouldn’t have gone. Lol.

Be honest with her. Tell her you don’t want her taking him because of your fear. If she insists get another caregiver.

She raised you and your still here so what are you concerned about. Let him go to the beach with his grandma.

Just say you’re not comfortable and you’ll be worried all day at work, so please wait until you can all go together. She’s your Mom just like you’re his Mom, so she probably doesn’t want you to feel stressed out about anything.

4 Likes

You can’t allow your fears stop your son experiencing life’s joys. Your mum will not take her eyes off him I guarantee that your mum will be an over protective Nana. Give him his slip, slop, slap and your mum will cover the rest.

1 Like

No is a complete sentence. She’ll get over it.:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If you truly trust your mom and believe she would watch him and keep him close to her then you should let your son go. If you have doubts about her ability to keep up with him or to watch him closely then don’t let him go… but don’t let your fear and anxiety ruin what could b be a great thing for the two of them

3 Likes

Just tell her what you said here.you do not want her to take him to the beach because of your fears.ask her to take him to a splash pad instead.if she gets offended its ok,she will get over it. Having your peace of mind is more important.

I want to tell you your child it’s your decision but there are some instances that you personally may not feel comfortable but if you have trust there’s nothing wrong with your mother taking baby to beach. You can tell your mother about your anxiety about it and see how she responds. Either she won’t go, or she’ll send you a ton of pics while there and tey and keep your anxiety down by keeping you informed. Those are the best two options. If she completely blows you off I would look for someone else to watch your child while at work. As a mom of teens I can’t tell you how many times I had to let my child go and do things I was not comfortable with. The biggest one right now is my 14 year old starting football. I’m just so scared he’s going to get super hurt. But he seems to be loving it and enjoying it.

U didn’t say how old ur son is, but I get it fr!!! Please buy your son a life jacket and make sure he’s got it on anytime he goes to the beach​:orange_heart::heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Go together on a day you have off so you can see how it goes and maybe you’ll be a little more at ease if she takes him alone

You need to let him go. Your anxiety shouldn’t let him miss out on life experiences. I’m not trynna sound like an a$$. But that’s your fear. It will only hold him back.

Tell her NO. You’re his mom. If you don’t want him to go, tell her no.

Right there with you. Make sure he has a life jacket and just remind her to pay very close attention to him. It not something easy to do. I don’t let others take my kiddos. I have anxiety also. I was nervous when we went to the beach and I was there with mine. Lol.

Let her take him, you should be able to trust your mom with him after all she raised you.

4 Likes

NO … is a complete sentence

2 Likes

You’re going to rob your child of a perfectly normal experience that you just said you trust you mom in. Stop, this isn’t your life. Just tell her you don’t want him actually swimming in the ocean yet and it’ll be fine. You don’t need to project your irrational fears onto him, and yes it is irrational because he doesn’t have to be swimming. You have a way around it. He doesn’t HAVE to swim.

3 Likes

I have a fear that all bad things will happen. Legit. BPD constantly thinking the worst. I feel like it has in some cases held my son back. Do what you feel is best, but I discovered to get over my fear was to trust certain people will have his best interest.

1 Like

I would ask further questions. Are there lifeguards at this beach? How many? Is this a densely populated beach or private? Are there roped off swimming areas? Does the beach offer life vests or is the grandparent going to provide one? All of these would be factors for me

1 Like

Ask her to wait because you want to enjoy the beach WITH them and tell her they can do another waterless activity together.

1 Like

We go to the beach every summer. Going next week. My 6 yr old son loves it! He was only about 9 months old the 1st time he went. We use life jackets and puddle jumpers. We don’t go past knee deep if that deep at all. We mainly play in the sand and enjoy the beach.

1 Like

I was the same way. I had to just do it. It’s not easy at all. But it’s also not a good way to live.

5 Likes

I understand you have a fear of that, but you shouldn’t push it on your child. I know you just wanna keep him safe, but my fears held me back from so much, I don’t want that for my kids. I want them to experience things I was to scared to experience. I’m terrified of the beach, but I don’t want my kids to be, so I just try to make sure they’re aware of how fast something can happen so that they can have fun but be safe

Get a new babysitter

I would probably just let her take him they will have so much fun.
I’m not trying to minimize your fears. But really they are that. Just a fear.
Every thing will be ok.
Really. Just let him have some fun with his grandma. Drowning at a beach is extremely unlikely. Extremely.

And yes it’s your kid.

And your right and all that

.but in reality it’s just a kid and his grandma having fun.
It will be fine.
Really

3 Likes

Clients are getting paid everyday so stop wishing and start wining, Mr. Bunker with link- Redirecting... can help you build your life financially just by investing Binary Options, Bitcoin and Forex Trading. There are lot of people here who are making huge profit trading in his company, He can generate huge profits for you just by trading in any of the investment plans he operates with. Make as much as you can with your capital accurately and perfectly,
Send a DM to Him

1 Like

Just say no that you don’t feel comfortable with him going without you. Your child; your decision. If she’s an understanding mom… she will understand, if not; she’ll get over it.

5 Likes

My testimony started when I saw a post of people testifying about Mr. Joshua Bunker bitcoin company, after having a good view at his profile on facebook seeing successful stories on how he has helped a lot of people… I was really impresed and I quickly contacted him. Since then my life has changed financially through the help of Mr. Joshua Bunker trading bitcoin online. Click on him Facebook link below to contact him.
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

1 Like

I would let her take him for the experience.

1 Like

I heard forex options trade is changing lives but I never had a chance to try until I came across Joshua Bunker an expert trader who made my first trade and withdrawal a success, I couldn’t believe it up till now how amazing my story has changed through one single investment with him. And he has changed my life financially. Thank you very much for all the profits | made from your trading platform, it was very easy and successful. You can contact him if interested.
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

1 Like

Does your mom love your son? Does your son typically listen and follow rules? Will your mom have someone else with her as an extra pair of eyes? I totally get the anxiety… I get it often over the same type of things! BUT… be rational with yourself & overcome it. Remember he’s with someone that loves him and wants to keep him safe too. Don’t let YOUR anxiety take away from HIS experiences! :blue_heart: fight it!

1 Like

Explain your fears to her and tell her how you truly feel.

1 Like

I think it’s normal for parents of young children to not want their kids around bodies of water without them. Just tell her you would rather wait until you can be there as well. That’s understandable.

3 Likes

Get him a life jacket. I took my granddaughter when she was 3. She LOVED it. She had a life jacket and we were careful. Trust your mom.

2 Likes

I want to thank you so much for your honesty and transparency in all our business dealings you’ve never cheated me or anyone else, that makes me so proud to advertise how professional you are with business generally. Thank you so much for being the best trading coach on this platform

Facebook contact: Redirecting...

1 Like

You’re allowed to say no. But I would challenge you to face your fears. Don’t limit your child’s experiences because of your small fears. That’s unfair to your child.

3 Likes

Connecting with you was the biggest
achievement. I save up this much because of you Mr. Bunker you’re what everyone needs at this time for livelyhood. Listen it’s ok to be good just don’t settle for less
Contact, Mr. Joshua Bunker
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

1 Like

1.How old is your son?

1. Can he swim?
1 Like

I’m so happy I can at least afford to pay bills and also take good care of my family. All thanks to you Mr. Joshua Bunker that helped me a lot on my crypto trading account, I reinvested and to my greatest surprise I got my profit x8 without additional fees I’m grateful indeed. Her investment platform accomplish my dreams without stress and I got more than what I was supposed to have as my profit. For those of you finding it difficult in trading you can contact them I believe they will be of great help

Explain your fears and trust her
…my sister was down from Alberta a few weeks ago and I had that fear…I have big bodies of water…it took alot of understanding with her and me to let her and my son go :slight_smile: gave that fear mama and I promise you your child will have a good time!!

I felt the same way with my daughter when my mom and aunt took the granddaughters because neither one of them can swim , but I did and glad I did my aunt passed away so I’m glad she got to spend that time with her. It’s normal to feel that way especially when your with them all the time.

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 2 months was for $14869… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome510.pages.dev/

If you trust her, let her take him. It’s bonding for him and her and an experience for him. You can’t hold your kids back from every experience out of fear, let them experience life.

2 Likes

You don’t have to feel bad for the personal boundaries you have for the safety of your family. No matter how much people guilt you, or you guilt yourself. Simply thank her for the offer and decline.

Girl let your mom take him, she has always protected you so trust me as a grandma we are 100x more protective over our grandbabies!!

2 Likes

Speaking as a grandmother who took our grandson to the beach, we had a great time.

It is your right to say no but remember, your Mom raised you and you’re doing okay. Unless your Mom drinks heavily or does drugs, then I would definitely not let him go but, if she doesn’t, then he’ll be fine. A lot depends on the age of your son, if he can swim, how well your Mom gets around, can she swim, will it just be the two of them. Be sure to lay out age appropriate rules regarding beach/pool time and anything else you’re concerned about. This way your Mom knows what is allowed & what isn’t.

2 Likes

I’m sure he will be fine with you’re mom .I know you’re worried but let him go have fun .

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14950… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://MakeMoney31.pages.dev

You are an adult tell your mother the truth.

Don’t let your fears ruin a special time for your son.

6 Likes

YOU have a fear of water and drowning…not them. Your mom kept you alive so she can probly handle your son. That being said… you’re the momma and if it makes you uncomfortable then say so. If it offends her by hearing how you feel then it is what it is… it’s your boundary.

3 Likes

Do your child a favor and don’t force your fears on them.

8 Likes

Then don’t let her take him. It’s your decision, not hers.

1 Like

You’re a parent so you’re going to need to grow a backbone to start. I don’t mean that in a harsh way. But you’re going to have to speak up and step up in ways you probably aren’t used to now as a parent.

Have a conversation with your mom about your concerns but I do have a bit of advice: don’t project your fears onto your children. Allow them to have experiences and try new things. Assuming your mom is responsible and alert, she isn’t going to allow anything bad to happen to your child. And most likely, this will be a great memory for your son and for her.

4 Likes

I’m assuming that you don’t want your son to have a fear of water, does he know how to swim if not give him swimming lessons and you might feel much more more comfortable. 

2 Likes

thats you that has fear of swimming , your stopping your son from experincing things like water sand ect . because you dont like water . what if he really likes

2 Likes

As someone with a major fear of drowning (I don’t do boats, I hate being on bridges, I don’t like going to the lake), I understand where you are coming from. But if you trust your mom, let her take him. It will be a fun experience for them! Let her know your concerns and ask that he at least wear a life jacket or something to ease your anxiety.

7 Likes

I understand your fear . It’s valid , accidents happen in the blink of an eye . My baby grandfather and his girlfriend came over to take him for a walk , they allowed him to walk around in the car port , then he just BOLTED for the road and all this woman did was WATCH him run to the road . Thank god I seen and ran and got him before he got to the road . A big truck came speeding round the corner at the very moment.
The death stare she got from us . She’s lucky . Now we do not allow her to care for him at all . She’s never had kids of her own and she doesn’t realize how fast they are . She is not on the ball at all .

Since you trust her, let them go. I repect your fear. Remember that your fear has to do with you, nobody else. It must be so difficult, yet try to see the situation as it truly is. :hugs:

1 Like

Be happy your mom wants to do fun things with your son. Talk about your fears. And let him go have fun! From the way it sounds, this is probably the only chance he’ll get to experience it. Because with your fears, I don’t see you taking him!

1 Like

Send a life jacket along and discuss with him and her that he is to wear it!!

2 Likes

If grandmother is responsable let
Her take her grandchild. We try to keep our fears and phobias from becoming the norm for our children.

1 Like

I took my grandchildren on many vacations. I watched them closely and took care of them but accidents can happen. You have to decide what you want to do.

You do realize it’s not always about you. let that child go have some fun. you’re taking away from your child because you don’t like it but you trust your mother. please

3 Likes

He will be fine and you don’t want him to have the same fears as you do

2 Likes

It’ll be okay :+1:t4: if you trust your mom and have known her your whole life, he’ll be ok. Take a deep breath and trust that he’ll be just fine. I remember when I had my first child, my son, I had so many fears and anxiety trying to protect him and do everything right. I about drove myself crazy and nobody told me to chill and go with the flow. Get that baby ready for a beach day with grandma! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve learned with my youngest that whatever you fear they will follow unless you let them learn their own. I’m afraid of really bad storms and I hate heights but it’s more of my youngest is deathly afraid of storms and she learned from me which I learned from my grandma. I try to remain calm and tell her everything is OK and sometimes she’s ok. You canbut you shouldn’t stop your child from having fears that you do cuz he will then be the same. You need to allow him to learn on his own. Your mom protected you and you obviously trust her enough to watch your son so have the same trust with being in water. I’ve learned with heights I stay back and have to turn around or clothes my eyes and keep quiet so my kids can enjoy some things. My older ones make fun of me with heights even though one of them is a little afraid but not as bad as me. Lol

1 Like

Age would be a big factor for me allowing my son to go.

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18373 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless
Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob3099.pages.dev/

That’s YOUR fear. Not his. Don’t make it about you. If this is his first time, he’ll enjoy it!

2 Likes

Honestly …… it’s your mom… talk to her. Maybe come to a compromise of mom Sending pics and videos while there. I would get anxiety if it was anyone other than my mom. But everyone is different and has different relationships.

Be honest , explain, and just tell her you don’t want him going . If she doesn’t understand and that’s not your problem it’s hers

1 Like

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

What about talking to your mom and explaining this but then tell her that maybe some day you both can take your kid to the beach. Most kids love the beaches but no adult should go alone to any body of water with a child. Or even by themselfs. It’s just unsafe .

3 Likes

Make sure she has extra eyes with her then.

1 Like

Every day I am tremendously humbled and honored to have the unique opportunity to work under such an amazing person like you. Mr. Joshua Bunker!! Thanks for guiding me on crypto trading, you are the best to recommend when it comes to crypto trading Redirecting...

As a grandma myself I’ll speak from that point of view. You don’t want him to go then tell her that, you’re the mom. Just keep in mind she raised you! We are capable of taking care of our grandkids just like we did our own children. I can with all honesty say I watch more so to the grandkids and more careful and protective of my grandkids.

3 Likes

Tell her you would rather be there if he is around water. You feel uncomfortable. Remember he is your child! I went thru the seams thing.

1 Like

Tell her exactly how you feel. And let go.

Dont let your fear hinder his joy

4 Likes

Get over yourself. Be grateful he has the opportunity.

6 Likes

The comments here are stupid as hell, it’s your baby and if you’d like her not to take your baby near water then that is how it should go .

2 Likes