I don't want my sister in law around my baby: Advice?

You don’t have to deal with her period weather your mother in law like it or not

Do what I’m doing cause I’m nt having the fathers twin sister around my child she threatened me not to long ago and it’s a huge thing put ur foot down and tell them straight out this is how it’s gonna b and if nt they can stay away it seems mean but if they can’t follow a rule that ur doing for the protection of ur family u have started then they won’t care for anything at all but my babydads sis isn’t allowed near us now after her actions and anyone that has encouraged it as well until they have apologized and shown that they can respect our wishes as parents baby daddy thankfully (cause where nt together at all we never where and I don’t plan to anytime to get with him as a couple) his backing me up 100% on it all for the safety of me and our daughter cause we don’t want any fights to happen with her around we don’t want her traumatized at a young age like how me and him where

Simple…your baby, your life, your responsibility…do it your way!

1 Like

Don’t make a big deal out of it, simply follow your instinct and never allow a situation to occur that results in her being alone. You decide where who when and what your child goes.

Never leave her alone with that baby and apparently never let his parents alone with baby in case they leave it alone with her.

2 Likes

Your the parents your rules

dont let her around your baby!!

She clearly has serious problems!! Who does that?? Girl, stay clear from her path. Your baby your rules. Done

Flat out tell her there’s no way in hell she’s going to be around your baby!!! Your the parents and they need to respect you and what you say.

17 Likes

You’re the parents, tell her and don’t let her in your house :woman_shrugging: that sounds sketchy

5 Likes

You answered your own question. Why would it happen if you don’t let it?

8 Likes

Say “I’m sorry but I don’t want you around my child!” Point blank period🤦🏻‍♀️

If your MIL isn’t going to respect the boundaries you as parents set forth, then add her to the no visit list.

2 Likes

Restraining order :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Tell her no… There is power in the word NO… Find it

2 Likes

You are the parents. It’s your call. No one else has a say in it but you.

Sounds to me like your mind is made up. If MIL has an issue with it, tell her off too because o times out of ten she will let the SIL be close by when you arent around.

12 Likes

Ya noone elses opinion about your baby and who you want around them matter.

1 Like

You gotta protect your baby so you just have to be very direct with her. Of the mother in law cant respect that, then she wont see the baby either. I’m dealing with a very similar situation. We just recently adopted my 5 year old nephew and we do not want him around his birth mother at all, which is my fiance’s sister. We told his family and most understand and support the decision but my mother in law wont keep her away, so she cant see the child without us around because she wont keep the birth mother away. It’s hard, but you gotta do what is best for your baby and people have to respect that

1 Like

It’s your child, you don’t need any advice if this person is a danger. If she proceeds to be involved get a restraining order

2 Likes

If your MIL can’t respect that than it sounds like MIL won’t be around without either of you present either. You are the parents and get to decide who is around your baby and when.

13 Likes

Don’t let her around your kid :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Don’t let either of them around your baby alone without you guys.

6 Likes

Say fuck her and take ya crazy ass on. Mother in law mind ur buisnsss u raised ur kids n imma raise mine

5 Likes

Loudly, handle it very loud and clear

1 Like

Ummm sounds like you already know.

1 Like

Going to have to pull rank…and you may have to extend the ban to the grandparents as well if they insist on having her around

4 Likes

Don’t let her around and if mom in law has an issue then she shouldnt be around either unless you’re with her. It’s the safety and protection of your children before some drama Queen. And if no one understands that then no one absolutely should be around your child. This is how I am with my husband’s family. They don’t like it but oh well

Your kids your life your choice… just say no

2 Likes

Just SAY NO. Then stick to your guns

3 Likes

You answered your own question. Your baby’s safety comes first. If you and your husband are in agreement then that’s that. The rest of the family needs to accept it, deal with it and respect it. It’s not like the family can never see your baby. You’re just being cautious and rightfully so.

7 Likes

you can choose to be tactful or direct but it’s still a no.

5 Likes

Absolutely not. Especially if she acts that way

3 Likes

Was there a plan to have your new baby around them without you? Just don’t let them take the baby anywhere… simple

3 Likes

Seems as if there is missing information here. Does sister in law have a diagnosis for this type of behavior ect. Is sister in law an adult or a minor. If sister in law has a mental health or delay issue have you researched it to better understand it to better gage safety? As a parent myself you absolutely have the right to request supervision at anytime for safety concerns and the like. Communication is key and boundaries are necessary in situations such as that. They either play by the rules or they miss out. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy :slight_smile:

Tell her to grow up or stay away! Period! Your baby, your rules!!

3 Likes

Only way for you to control this situation within your home is to tell her how you feel. You personally want be able to stop her from being around your baby in someone else’s house if you not around

2 Likes

Tell her straight up and if she doesn’t like it tough shit it’s your baby and you have the right to have who you want around your child

4 Likes

Be straight and honest and to the point its your baby and what you say goes never mind what anyone else thinks I know its harder to say things when it’s family buy then you already know what you want so you don’t need advice lol just stick to your decision xx

2 Likes

Your child safety comes first if you feel that someone is gonna put your child in harm’s way you have all the right to keep your child away from them and if they have a problem with that then they are not worth your time

5 Likes

My question… why would a new born be left to ne around anyone who behaves like that… sister inlaw, mother in law… doesn’t matter…

Keep your child away from all of them. You don’t owe them a thing.

6 Likes

Set your boundaries and stick to them

2 Likes

You tell both of them to respect your wishes or they both better stay away! Your baby, your rules!

3 Likes

You’re the parents. Only what you guys say matters. Just don’t let her over.

3 Likes

Say ur not allowed around my kid alone. And list reasons why

Why would you want her around your child, even if you ARE there?

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is not something you can be nice about, if your MIL won’t take you seriously

4 Likes

you need to ask? don’t allow it.

3 Likes

Been there, done that! I wouldn’t allow any of them around your child. My ex MIL got mad at me for saying something to her daughter (who was exactly how you described.) The girl covered my newborn son’s mouth with her hand like she was trying to smother him. So, I told her not to touch him like that. I got yelled at for saying something to her daughter. Yet, she sat there and let it happen like it was okay for her daughter to smother a newborn baby.

Um don’t allow her in your house and don’t go to hers probably solved :unamused:

2 Likes

Hellllll no. Then don’t leave child with mother in law alone. Next time that shit happens call cops. That’s some crazy shit. Shit… my mom is an active crack head and she has seen my child handful of times. And my daughter don’t even know who tf she is.

I’m sorry but i think it’s a little disturbing that you would have to ask that question…

7 Likes

Don’t let her be around your baby… or mother in law since she doesn’t see the issue with it.
(I’d also document it… paper trail.)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t let her in my house, never know what a nut would do.

Tell her. And tell her why. It’s your baby, you get to decide who’s around and who’s not.

Whyyyy is this even a question Its your baby. They dont like it. Tough noogie

2 Likes

Just because they are family does not mean your forced to have them around your babies period. Your momma

3 Likes

She wont listen? Then she wont see the baby either.

3 Likes

Do you live together or something? If you don’t simply don’t let her come over or ask her to babysit. If your MIL doesn’t understand do the same thing.

3 Likes

Take her to a place where they give you white coats that make you hug yourself and put her in a padded room. Or get her some psychiatric help.

How old is this human?

Dont take the baby where she is and dont allow her in your house…your baby your rules if they dont like it oh well

1 Like

Your baby your rules grandma can deal with it or not her call

1 Like

Sometimes being nice isn’t the answer. Your baby, your rules. If they cannot respect them they are not to handle your child. Period. If you feel this person is not a good influence for your child than keep them away. Just because someone is blood does not mean the belong around your child.

1 Like

I wouldn’t let the mother in law be around the baby without you or your husband being present, I would be worried that she would let the SIL be there without you knowing, better safe than sorry. This is your baby, and you have to protect your baby.

She needs to be committed

3 Likes

Your child. Your decision.

3 Likes

why is this even a question…? If you dont want your child around someone, dont let them be around your child. Simple. And if grandma can’t respect that, then she doesnt get to be alone with the child either.

28 Likes

Your house, your baby. Make the rules and if they don’t like them, tough.

3 Likes

Keep the baby away from everyone who isn’t listening to you then.

2 Likes

That is your baby and your decision handle how you want to which is obviously not let her around the baby when neither of you are not around. Just tell her you have an issue with her overall attitude

Dont let her see the baby either and maybe call the cops when she does this and put her ass in a mental institution

3 Likes

Who in their right mind ask complete strangers for family advice

1 Like

that sounds dangerous i would think she needs a trip to the pysch ward for evalution and medication. dont put your baby at risk in cases the voices speak to her or something

2 Likes

Well maybe you shouldn’t post your private issues on FB.

1 Like

Blocking them works wonders

God blessed you & him with that precious child! Now it’s yalls responsibility to protect it! She sounds like she has mental issues, if you mother-in-law sides with her than I’m sorry but neither one of them would be around my child. That baby is totally dependent on its parent’s for safety.

Don’t let her visit or if she lives with you, kick her out. Worst case scenario…have her committed. Not trying to be mean, but you do what you got to do, right?

You guys child. You guys rules. If she is that bad I wouldn’t want her around my kids or myself. If no one wants to listen then they will be removed from my kids lives as well. As far as I’m concerned anyone that allows that type of behavior is putting everyone’s safety at risk

If grandma can’t respect it she can be cut off too! As a mom she should understand you just want your baby safe.

1 Like

Just don’t leave the baby with sister in-law or mother in law. Anyone who doesn’t respect your decision as a parent shouldn’t be trusted to be around

3 Likes

An aunt and a grandmother is not an important family member they are extended family members. Not an immediate family member, I would never let my baby around that behavior she could stab the baby because he can’t run away…

Your child. Your rules. Don’t apologize.

6 Likes

Be honest and, hopefully, she will be angry and go away!

I guess eventually we’ll be reading about an infant stabbed to death by mentally ill sister in law :roll_eyes::unamused::expressionless:

I mean for me we dont get along with his side at all so they wouldnt be around at all

I wouldn’t let anyone like that around my family at all ever. Not safe. She needs help. It’s okay to cut family out if you need too.

Its your child. Stand your ground.

4 Likes

Well you don’t wanna put it baby in harm’s way do you?

Just create space between your family and theirs. Only seeing each other on family occasions and be sure to always be around your child when she is. There’s no need for conflict and a big falling out. You have the right to protect your immediate family and who’s most important.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: this is a joke you dont want her around fine but you should probably practice on being a parent to your child than other people oops did that sound toxic oh well you gonna learn as a parent to be a parent not rely on others personally I think ots gross hoes want to keep there baby from the other family and even worse when one turns on a family member clearly your here for the drama

O boy. There’s no freaking way I’d have a person like that around my baby. Chasing people with knives? Screaming when not getting one’s way? MIL ok with it? Nopes. You’re going to have to get a United front with your spouse and if MIL wants to see baby, it’s at your home. Without mentally deranged SIL.

If it was me I would not say anything at all to cause any more drama. Just make an appoint to always be around when she is with your baby.
It’s not like you are not allowing her to be around the baby at all, you just wanna make sure you’re present. nothing really to discuss!
Don’t add any extra stress that you don’t need dear…

Don’t bring the baby where she will be.
Tell the ML why and that it’s expected that this be respected or no one on one time will be allowed.
You
Do
Not
Have
To
Ask
It’s your child and your responsibility.
Should something happen because you didn’t stand your ground they will just pass the blame and you will be left kicking yourself.
When it comes to your children YOU are in charge❤️

2 Likes

If it’s that bad cut ties with her!

You are the parent. What you say goes.

1 Like

You are the parents. It’s totally your call…
If you don’t want ur sister in law around ur baby.you have the right to say it… others need to respect you choice. Fyi: my father is not allowed to be around my kids/grandkids unsupervised. Been a rule for 26 plus years…
Ultimately children safety is all that matters…

Hey sister Shalimar, always do what’s best for you and the baby. Everyone will respect that.

Criminal trespasses usually work. I’m going through a similar situation.

You really don’t know what to do?

1 Like