I drive 6 hours a weekend to take my son to his dads, he doesn't even pay child support: Advice?

Of dad really wants to see the child let him come to pick him up and bring back. You are not a taxi service. Money, time, mileage, he is taking advantage of you. Stop allowing it

1 Like

Stop taking him. If dad wants him, he will find a way. Or take him back to court for child support.

1 Like

Yes he should be meeting you halfway yes he should be paying you for gas if he’s not meeting you halfway. If you force things on him from the courts he probably just see your child less. Have you asked them to meet you or give you gas money? The bottom line, I respect the love you have for your child. If he enjoys seeing his dad, keep doing what you’re doing. The day will come when your son “will get it”. When that day comes he will love you more for doing what you did for him. It’s a mother’s love that will put her children’s needs above all. You’re a good woman. PS Get child support, your children deserve it… unless you’re independently wealthy.

It’s his responsibility to see his child. You carried him,gave birth ,and are supporting him. I think you done your part.

He can find away if he wants to see his kid, does he have friends or something? Go after child support. He needs to step up, that’s not ok your going along with this. Gas is expensive, I’d say no way!

He moved away. He either comes to the boy or he picks him up. It was his choice to move.

Take. Him. To. Court.

4 Likes

He moved … Let him find a wAy to pick up his son . You are driving a newborn ,nope youve done enough . Dad steps up or doesnt. Your child better off at home .

1 Like

Surely his parents have a vehicle

Tell him to pay the gas as you cant afford it no more. He is taking advantage of you if he really wanted to see his son he would pay the gass

I read the first line… My reaponse… Stop

1 Like

I mean just take him, my boyfriend does pay for his ex wife’s gas to meet him half way for his daughter

He either meets you half way or nothing! Technically because he chose to move further from you he is entitled to pay you travel expenses.

2 Likes

Girl. Get child support let him get a taxi. He’s got a thumb

1 Like

Keep taking him no reason to upset the childs security and routine if he insists on not helping getting child support may help. I know it may be difficult with a newborn and all but it’s part of the responsibility of being a parent he will always remember mommy went the extra mile so he could see daddy.

If he really wanted to see his son, he would come to pick him up and drop him off. Plus, buy a car. He is using you. You need to stop helping me plus he isn’t helping you raise him.

2 Likes

he could borrow his parents car, or is he a risking driving.? He could get a friend to bring him to get his son.

1 Like

I moved a hour away and hated at some times transporting my daughter to her dads. I did it though. We lost him a couple years ago and I would make that trip a million more times for her if I could. I would start doing it every other weekend though unless he can meet. Also consider is your son happy spending time with his Dad, like ready to go every Friday? It’s sad his Dad wouldnt find a way but I been in situations without a license or car and its sucks. If he working he needs to be paying gas though!

Take him back to court and tell them that he needs to pick him up and bring him back it’s not your place when he’s not paying child support

1 Like

It is his responsibility. Or his parents.

1 Like

If he can’t meet you halfway then he can’t see him period you have to hold him accountable for his responsibility in being a parent it’s not just up to you if he wants to be part of his kids life he needs to make the effort your allowing him to not be financially responsible so the very least he can do is meet half way

It’s funny some say she shouldn’t stop because it will affect her son but why should it all be put on her it’s not all her responsibility if her ex really wants to be part of that kids life he will find away to at least meet her halfway instead of finding excuses or shaming her into driving all the time be supportive of what she has done up to this point she doesn’t get child support he chose to move that far away knowing he didn’t have a car it’s time for her to put her foot down she is doing more than her part at being a parent what’s fair is fair and her ex has many options to get to his kid if that’s what he really wants

2 Likes

If he wants to see his child, let him pick up his child. He doesn’t pay child support? Why make that effort? NO! U don’t go the extra mile to do him a favor.

1 Like

Why are you driving??? Each parent needs to be responsible for their visitation time. Are u kiddin

1 Like

You questioning this alone just says you know it’s wrong.

It’s great that you do this some of the time but these fathers need to be responsible

Bottom line, if he really wants to see his child he will find a way. Im not one to talk because I did practically the same thing for a long time but he needs to step up. You are really just enabling him which hurts everyone in the long run. I feel that you should absolutely work with the other parent and I’ve never been one to keep my kids from their dad, but he needs to help you in some way whether it’s figuring out rides, helping with gas or whatever. You are not being selfish or hurting your child by only driving every other week. Let him figure it out the other weeks… and if he can’t, then he can’t see him. It’s unfortunate, but that’s life.

1 Like

Why not just let him stay the weekend? Why drive back and forth every day?? Or take it to Saturdays only.

Um it’s not your job to take his son to him if he wants to see him he will find a way screw that crap I would never :joy::joy:

If he is not paying child support tell him, fuck you, you sort picking up your son if you wish to spend time with him.

Mike Cook don’t give me Money for My son

1 Like

My new husband Joshua Step Dad Big Help me Buy food Clothes toys Shoe books RENT OUR VAN JOSHUA LOVE MIKE CHAMBERLAIN LIKE IS DAD FEVER

1 Like

Honestly, if he’s a great dad & really cherishes his time with his son, id bite the bullet and continue to drive or ask his parents to help out with meeting you. With a newborn I understand, maybe cutting back to every other weekend would help some. Stopping in general & your son would suffer.

4 Likes

Take him to court,offer to meet at a halfway point…or you drop kid off,and he brings them home.Negotiation in front of a judge is legally binding.

Go to court set up child support and visitation rights and stop babying the dad if he wants to see his soon he needs to make an effort

Stop doing it !! This is an arrangement that should have never started. You will need to explain this very delicately to your son that you can not take him every weekend. It may be a little easier for him to understand since you have a newborn.

You also need to tell the father this as well. He may not have a vehicle or drive, but someone in that household does. If dad wants to see his son every weekend then he will have to put forth some effort to do so.

It’s also important that you receive financial support to help care for your son. You will need to go to your local family court and file a motion for both residential and custodial custody, visitation and child support.

This is message is for any single mothers who are over exerting themselves for these fathers. STOP !! It’s not your responsibility to make them be fathers or your responsibility to create a relationship between them and their child. It’s THEIRS !!!

1 Like

Stop doing it! Allow only phone calls between father and son and get your child support settled!

So I’m not dealing with an exact situation but kinda similar. I have full custody of my 2 cousins and their parents and 2 other siblings live 6hrs away. The 2 other siblings live with my aunt and while I hate the 6 hr drive I kinda suck it up cause I know if I don’t then the girls wont see their brother and sister at all😳

1 Like

If it’s not court ordered you shouldn’t feel obligated to do that, yes it’s for ur son but if his dad really wants to continue seeing ur son, he should make an effort to help you, if anything a court order would help and you can request he either pick him up for his visits or u can meet half ways, something to compromise and help your situation better especially with a newborn.

4 Likes

The non-custodial parent is supposed to be responsible for pick up and drop off unless other arrangements were made in court. He should get up off his butt and make sure he sees his son.

1 Like

Child support or not doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be part of his child’s life. Sorry. I drove 5 hours every other weekend for 12 years.

1 Like

STOP DOING THAT PERIOD!!! WHY ISN’T HE ON CHILD SUPPORT??? I wouldn’t do jack shit for the father period! It was his choice to move away.

First go to court for child support.Then make it evey other weekend.

1 Like

Right now things are hard here too. I moved 954 miles away from my son’s father when I met someone else. I buy plane tickets and take my son to spend a week with his father every 90 days. His father pays little support, sometimes none. Its about the relationship. I love my son and he loves his dad. I dont do it for my ex. My son’s mental health is more important. Its only money… More can be made.

1 Like

Let dad grow up get a job a car and to him to court. If he wanted to see his child he find away like you do. Stop it and see if he comes to see the child. If he truly wants his child in his life he do what ever it takes.

2 Likes

It’s his responsibility to find a ride if he can’t drive for any reason. Stop now!!!

1 Like

Are you the one wanting the relationship or does dad want the relationship? I would drop it to one weekend a month and if dad wants to see him more then he would figure out how to see him more. Honestly if dad doesn’t want to have the relationship I would worry about how he is being treated while there. If he does want the relationship he will figure out how to forge that relationship

2 Likes

Is there a bus that he could ride or better yet get a Uber driver and have him pay the fee if he really to see his son he will agree to the terms or stop driving so far that is ridiculously rude and unfair to you

2 Likes

Stop 🙋its called a responsibility and thats evidently why yall arent together he doesnt stand up to his responsibilities whats he gone do hire a lawyer if u do stop?come on he wont even help you!!!

If he wants to see his son he should be coming to him.

2 Likes

Why don’t he come get him

He can find a ride to see his kids if he wants to really see them

1 Like