I feel like my daughters teacher is singling her out: Advice?

Your daughter isn’t being singled out because she’s not liked. She’s also not being singled out. They’re genuinely teaching her the way of the world. She may be close to perfect and you may let her get by with a lot(she is your child after all) but your ways are not the ways of the school. She is being a distraction and you said that of your own accord. Think of how you would feel if your child was really struggling at school and was then distracted multiple times throughout the year and it ultimately affected their learning.

It super sucks for people to correct your children. It super sucks for them and you to be upset by it. But it’s a supersuckish thing that needs to happen for her to learn what school is about. You’re enabling a bit too much, mom. Also, she’s allowed to feel jealous. She isn’t allowed to create a negative environment because of it. The teacher has to take care of ALL the kids, not just yours. It should also be stated that your daughter does not and should not have any idea about what the other girl is ever in trouble for. Its between the teacher and the student. You’re basing all of your feelings on the limited perception given to you by your daughter. Ask the adult and go from there.

5 Likes

My daughter had a teacher that actually was mean AF to her. She went as far as taking her hair bows and also not giving her bandaids, writing rude notes to me, being snobby and rude to my daughter, etc. I got her switched classes and she never had another issue.

My son had a teacher like that. He was singled out for just being. He would bring in a book ( he at this time was in classes for reading difficulties) and was wanting to show his newfound love of reading… this teacher would punish him and make an example of him in class. She was extremely nasty and cold towards him. I am a single parent and we had just moved to a new state, new school district. He was trying to fit in, make new friends while find his niche in school. He was in like 3rd or 4th grade at the time… this was 2008. This teacher went out of her way to punish him for the littlest things and when I reached out to try and work out how to make things more productive for her and for my son… I got zero response. I even took an afternoon off from work to meet with his teacher and the principal to show the number of emails that she NEVER responded to along with the calls that I had left and she never called back. I understand being a teacher (half my family are teachers) but there are some teachers that are only in it for a paycheck and do not have the temperament to teach. And I did talk to my son about classroom rules and things before contacting the teacher. If your child tells you that they feel like their teacher doesn’t like them, listen… get them to verbalize more. Because some teachers do pick on certain students for BS reasons. My son is 23 now and he received a FB message from his middle school teacher, apologizing for her behavior and being apart of the group of teachers and students that bullied him. This teacher is retired so he has no legal recourse…

5 Likes

Sounds like your kid can do no wrong in your eyes.

Teaching your child to follow rules isn’t a bad thing, I promise. I don’t think the teacher is singling her out, maybe she’s legitimately getting herself into trouble by doing whatever she wants to do.

I brought a toy to school once when I was her age and got it taken away til the end of the year too. It’s nothing new.

17 Likes

No offense but if your child is disruptive and can’t follow rules that’s on her. But the teacher isn’t responsible for giving her special treatment just because she’s social. She’s there to learn. As far as the email for doing the wrong page, would you rather the teacher doesn’t tell you and she gets a failing grade? The teacher is doing her job. You’re overreacting and this is why your daughter feels she’s being picked on by the teacher. Maybe try explaining to your daughter she can’t be the center of attention and distract the class.

16 Likes

Not everything revolves around your daughter you should teach her that

14 Likes

You’re teaching your daughter she can do whatever she wants regardless of the rules. I think you’re in the wrong here.

9 Likes

Request a meeting with her. And have the principal attend as well. Let her/they know that her actions towards your child will not be tolerated. I had an issue with my child’s kindergarten teacher singling her out. My child is very shy and has a hard time with social situations and too much noise. She did not get the support and kindness from that teacher and so I had her moved to a different class. No way was my child going to be bullied by a teacher. Stand up for your children

4 Likes

Your kiddo is a disruption. You should be handling this at home. Maybe teach your child to respect the teacher and students time for learning. The classroom isn’t her place to show off. With some kids you can’t give any wiggle room. Maybe the teachers real strict bc she knows youre not reinforcing rules and think your kid is always the victim.

The teacher corresponding with the entire class that the girls are having social emotional issues is a big deal and the parents should know so they can talk with their child.

4 Likes

At my daughter’s school and when my boys were in elementary school you were not allowed to bring anything to school unless it was show and tell day. If the student repeatedly kept bringing stuff the teacher would take it away and they wouldn’t get it back until the end of the school year.
I’ll be 38 in June and I remember in high school getting stuff taken away cell phone CD player stuff like that because we weren’t supposed to have it. Things like this can be a distraction and can cause disruption in the class.
As far as you feeling like the teacher isn’t as nice to your child I’ve been in that same position. My 18-year-old when he was in kindergarten he had a teacher that I will not lie we butted heads. It felt like everyday she was calling me and telling me my son did something. He did wonderful in first grade and second grade. Third grade started again with a completely different teacher. One time I got called because he found a plastic bag and was shredding it at his desk and it was disrupting the class. We ended up having a discussion with his teacher his other teacher that partnered with his main teacher and school administration. At the end of the day we ended up moving his class but you have to be prepared to have the conversation with them that it’s not working. Honestly I had to show proof that I felt like my child was being singled out and I was able to do that with the log of phone calls emails and notes sent home everything.

You sound like the problem here. It is a pretty standard rule that toys and belongings from home can’t be brought to school no matter how excited your daughter is, she is breaking the rules. You say there’s no communication, but are upset that the teacher communicated get homework was missing. As a teacher I’m incredibly grateful not to be your child’s teacher. There is clearly no winning with you. It will be a very long school career.

34 Likes

There are strict teachers in life, BUT if your child has gone through school for several years without any problems with any other teacher, then yes, the teacher may be the issue. Happened with my son. Over 12 years of school we had issues with only 2 teachers that I thought were unnecessarily strict and borderlined on being waaaay too harsh on my kid. And you know what? I was right! One left teaching shortly after my son had her and the other was fired. And I was glad to see both of them leave teaching for good too. I couldn’t stand either one of their teaching/disciplining methods and the audacity they had with very minor issues when it came to my son. If a child does really great in a subject or class until they get to that one teacher’s class, and then ONLY has issues in THAT teacher’s class, I would say about 2/3’s of the time, it is the teacher that IS the problem. Not every teacher is going to mesh well with your kid and vice versa.

This has to be a joke?

4 Likes

I don’t think anything is overly egregious.

I think sending a email to communicate HW not being completed is normal and expected (many would complain if they weren’t informed…)

What is the school’s policy regarding bring stuff in? Have you talked to the teacher? Maybe she can bring it in, but she has to keep it in her locker. Come up with a plan and set expectations with your daughter.

If it’s causing a distraction, maybe it’s not a good idea for her to bring it in. The teacher does need to manage the classroom and if your daughter is being disruptive, how is the teacher handling it. I don’t agree that the drawing was thrown out. Maybe ask the teacher about it and if it happens again to have your daughter put it away and not throw it out next time.

I feel having an open conversation with the teacher is very helpful. Be curious. You have a bias towards your child (not saying there’s anything wrong with that. I do too :blush:), so things may not be as it’s made out to be.

Maybe there’s some truth to things your daughter is saying, just take the time to talk to the teacher and see another perspective.

Jealousy is normal…not really sure what part of the post about jealousy towards the new girl and drama ensued.

Yes, your daughter is allowed to feel jealous. It’s to be expected. However what exactly happened? What did the teacher say about it. Your post was completely vague and tried to vilify the teacher without including any details. If your daughter did something or said something wrong and got into trouble about it, then that was the consequences. Just because it’s normal or expected doesn’t mean she can say or do whatever she wants and get a free pass. But again, your post lacked any detail regarding what your daughter did and how the teacher handled it, so not sure why you even included it.

4 Likes

If you have the ability to be a better teacher you can always homeschooling. Rules are rules and your precious kid must follow them too.

11 Likes

She should not be taking to school beside her school supplies, the teacher will definitely take them away “ is a unspoken rule” they can distract the class .
About the jealous thing, is probably because she is your only child so she is used to be the center of your attraction, but sadly she will not get the same treatment at school .

Yea , I think that you might be overacting, you expect the teacher to give your daughter the same treatment she gets at your house , but in the school she is nothing special, just another regular student

1 Like

Some of y’all are acting like she brought toys to school. She brought a NOTEBOOK. And the teacher took it away for the rest of the school year. That seems extreme for a 9 year old. It seems unnecessary in general. Even if she’d somehow truly been being disruptive with it, the teacher could have just taken it away for the day, and then at the end of the day, given it back along with a note and instructions to take it home and not bring it back.

I don’t think this is necessarily worth talking with the principal about. But I’d keep an eye on the situation, and I’d get in communication with that teacher and try to establish a better relationship. I’d also probably ask that any personal items she’s holding on to be sent home. If I paid for them, she wouldn’t get to keep them.

4 Likes

Honestly I could be interpreting this wrong but the way this is coming off from an outsider perspective is that the teacher has rules. Schools do have policies. A lot of schools do not allow you to bring anything from home to school unless it’s show and tell day, spirit week, or something “student of the week/shining star” type of thing. The teacher throwing a note or drawing out because it was likely disrupting the class makes some sense. Would I throw it out if I were a teacher? Probably not. However there are teachers that do when it becomes an issue. As far as the new girl goes, I don’t think it is the teachers job to make sure your child isn’t jealous - or to fix the jealousy your child is feeling - that her friends became close with the new girl. As far as the teacher taking a liking to the new student, that’s okay if the teacher likes the new student. What kinds of things is the teacher taking the new students side too? Is your child not being very nice to the new student and the teacher is finding out? Being a new student is hard enough. Let alone if there’s another child not being so nice. As far as the monthly class newsletter goes, I don’t know why the gender part mattered. However it’s good they have been working on emotions. The homework email I don’t think is a big deal. I would just let that email blow off your back but make sure your child did the correct page to ensure extra practice. Overall it sounds like the teacher is doing her job.

You could send a friendly email or arrange a parent-teacher phone conference to chat about your daughter. Your daughter might truly be struggling behavior wise or something’s going on that is causing issues at school but at home your child tells you something different or only half of the truth. I know it’s the end of the school year but it’s worth a shot to just talk to her teacher about everything and how you’re concerned :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I hate this. My mom was in a situation like this and I was a kid. The teacher singled me out and yelled at me and put me alone at lunch and threw away my tray. It made it worse. I hope things are better now and you can go to the principal but honestly that was one of my most horrible times in school dealing with someone exactly like this and I still remember. I was in 2nd grade.

1 Like

Regardless of the teacher likes her or not, she doesn’t “feel” safe & secure in that class. I am typically not one to go with the touchy feeling side. However, I did have to put my foot down and have my kids teacher changed. I mean I was at the sxhool weekly, and called a lot daily over the stupidest stuff. He wouldn’t throw his trash away. Ok, go grab it and trash it He leaned back in his chair. Ok take his chair and make him stand for a bit. I mean of course he will challenge your authority, because you don’t set the boundaries. He is with YOU! Later on, it was told to me that because he was a giant, and taller than all the teachers except one, they were scared of him, even though he never did anything to make them
Believe he was violent in any way. As a matter of fact, in a group of people he likes to keep the peace. He doesn’t like confrontation. After the class swap, other students told me son the teacher was much nicer now that he was gone. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Maybe sit down and talk with your child and check her before leaving the house and maybe the teacher wouldn’t be so harsh. It’s ridiculous a teacher has to tell one child multiple times and the parents blame the teacher. No your child’s the problem you refuse to see.

6 Likes

I’m a teacher…… don’t let your kid bring stuff to school. You sound like one of those parents who don’t take accountability for your child’s actions and blames the teachers. That sucks and makes it really hard to teach your kid. Parent/ Teacher relationship should be a team. Your kid does not get to have special treatment because they are your kid. Don’t let her bring stuff to school

18 Likes

I don’t let my kids take anything to school unless they need it

1 Like

Lets bring DISTRACTIONS to school. Smart. She should let you know though that its not allowed because its DISTRACTING. It aint show and tell :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For the love of Pete. It sounds like you don’t think your child has to follow basic classroom expectations. She shouldn’t be bringing anything to school except things directly related to her schoolwork. School is for learning. Keep personal items at home. Remember that your child is not the only student the teacher has in class.

19 Likes

There are 2 sides to every story. Don’t believe all of what your daughter tells you. Talk to the teacher about your concerns.

6 Likes

Kiddos can’t take extra things from home unless a teacher gives permission. Just make sure your child doesn’t take toys, ect to school.if any other issues set up a meeting between you, the teacher than principal if needed .also talk with your child about behavior at school.

Sheesh with these comments condoning "distraction " from a notebook sounds alot like boys being distracted by bra straps. :flushed:

1 Like

Stop letting her take things to school. Start there.
Then, correct her behavior when needed. Being social is great but some teachers don’t like it.
You’ve made it clear you don’t care if she misbehaves so… :woman_shrugging:
Her email was to let you know your child had missed an assignment. Regardless of way, she missed it.
Nobody’s child is perfect so I’d have a suit doen with the teacher & parent accordingly.

5 Likes

FYI I was bullied and singled out by teachers not just students. I had to hit my principal with my clarinet case because he tried smacking me in his car on the way to take me home because he was denied permission to hit me with a paddle

3 Likes

Your only child does not need to take things to school, to show off. Sounds like you need some teaching too.

6 Likes

Does she take things to show the class every day or just on show n tell days

You got to think as the other parents…maybe some parents can’t afford all yhe stuff your daughter is bringing and showing off. Hurting other kids feelings etc. It’s school… time for education…not play and show n tell. Js…:woman_shrugging:. I’m a mom of 5. Who cares what the item is… let the girl learn about real life… education and things are never fair. Js…

8 Likes

After reading some of the comments here I’m gonna say talk to the school and if you come to a solution then you can legally homeschool your child.
I tried public school for each one of my four kids and ended up homeschooling them instead . I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. I know how it feels.

1 Like

I’m a substitute teacher, usually teacher I know are pretty fair. If the child is distracted with certain things the teacher may take it away. But, usually they give it back at the end of the day. Or if it was me I would say please put it in your backpack to take it home. Some teachers are triggered by some students, I know they are conflicts. In fact a daughter of mine was singled out I get it, I know she was. It’s sad. Talk to the teacher or administration.

I tell my 5 year old she can’t bring some stuff from home because other children have a had time focusing and are easily distracted and we want them to have the same chance to learn……. She’s also an only child……

6 Likes

She’s begging for attention at school and distracting the class in the process. That’s not healthy behavior.

13 Likes

Go have a meeting with the teacher n find out what the problem is.

2 Likes

I had a third grade teacher like this also and I STILL remember her 25 years later! My mom fought for me and got banned from communicating with the teacher. The following year when my brother had the same teacher, she wasn’t even allowed to attend parent teacher conferences. Can’t give you advice as I haven’t had to deal with it with my kids yet, but she will not forget said teacher or the way she was treated.

2 Likes

Dear all teachers reading the really anti teacher comments in some of these:

I am so sorry. What you’re doing is hard and often a thankless job. Some of us try to teach our kids how to properly behave and I’m sorry you have to deal with children who have been taught that if their parents don’t mind, then it’s fine. :sob:

14 Likes

You said yourself that your daughter likes to take things from home to show them off at school. It’s hard to tolerate a jealous show off. Remind your daughter that showing off or acting jealous are not good traits to have. She will grow up being jealous in the work place and in her relationships with others and it will cause a whole lot more problems for her than it would to start teaching her now that not everything is about her and what she wants.

12 Likes

She probably isn’t liked if she’s constantly disrupting class and causing drama because of jealousy. Teachers are people too and can only take so much. I would stop allowing her to take thing to school that aren’t required. My guess is that she took it for the remainder of the school year because she’s asked repeatedly to for her to stop bringing things. You thinking the rules don’t apply to her and justifying her actions is not doing your daughter any favors

18 Likes

Wow. You’re absolutely ridiculous and obviously haven’t spoken to the teacher. Guaranteed, most of these are your dramatic daughter overreacting and/or blaming the teacher for her misbehaving. Come back to reality, ma’am,and accept your child isn’t an angel. No kid is.
And to make an issue of what she put in the newsletter…? Only makes your concerns less valid than they already are. Which really is an accomplishment. Kudos.

12 Likes

Put your big gurl panties on and go give shit!

Being a teacher is so hard, dealing with entitle kids. Go tal to the teacher and really find out what the problem is.

2 Likes

I disagree with her taking her property. I’d write a letter asking for it to be returned. To avoid the situation, stop allowing her to take things from home, they are often a distraction.

4 Likes

I feel bad for your kid’s future bosses!

6 Likes

I just can’t take this seriously, sounds like a normal day at school to me .

4 Likes

home items belong at home ,not in a classroom.

11 Likes

Sorry she is having this going on :slightly_frowning_face: Maybe she could get 2 know new girl better & become friends also? And not take things 2 school that she doesn’t want taken away? School out soon, so she shouldn’t have this teacher again after that. gl!

Just stop trying to find every little thing to justify bad behavior. I’ll tell you what why don’t you hand out your number to the parents of the other kids that your daughter is affecting. Because I would be the first to have a conversation with you and your parenting and how it’s affecting my child’s education

8 Likes

Sounds like she might act like a little show off. I wouldn’t let her take anything else in. It might make the other kids that can’t afford it feel bad. It’s like she wants all the attention.

16 Likes

Are we being punked?

7 Likes

So you’re daughter likes disrupting class and is constantly bringing stuff to school when she isn’t supposed to and the teacher being annoyed with it and her means it’s all the teachers fault? Give me s break. Tell your daughter to stop acting out and disrupting the class, check her backpack and make sure she isn’t bringing stuff she’s not supposed to be bringing. Like this all can be solved if you actually disciplined your daughter for her actions at school

23 Likes

Make an appointment and talk with the principal.

2 Likes

The teacher needs to learn how to communicate with you about specific issues she has with your daughter. She shouldn’t be making your daughter feel uncomfortable. When a teacher points out a student or excludes them it’s wrong. Their are multiple ways this teacher can handle this situation. If the teacher needs advise from her administration then she should seek it. If she doesn’t know how to handle specific situations then she needs to get updated training. It’s the teacher job to make it her priority to build professional relationships with her students and the families. She needs to discuss these issues in parent teacher conference, email, in person meeting and etc. definitely I would get the principal involved because this is very unprofessional for an elementary school teacher.

1 Like

Your child is a brat. Good luck in parenting that one. You ain’t seen nothing yet

10 Likes

I’m a teacher and are constantly asking parents not to let their child bring things from home.
It encourages other children to bring their things and somehow becomes our responsibility to look after them??
To know where they are, or how they got broken etc.
Theirs plenty of resources in schools…leave home things for home.

18 Likes

I feel like you need to have a meeting with this teacher assuming things get you no where,if she is indeed a a$$hole to you’re kid handle it ,if you’re kid is the one being the a$$hole handle her!!! Its pretty simple xx

3 Likes

Welcome to public school. Teach your child how to act properly and get back to us later.

16 Likes

Your child is not the “only child” in class and seems like she’s used to how you treat her. Unless it’s her day for show and tell she shouldn’t be taking personal belongings to school. You being the adult should voice your concerns with the teacher and principal.

12 Likes

I would go in and listen to the teacher, she just might be right

4 Likes

I would address the issues with the principle. As for the teacher taking her things, I would also talk to the teacher, ask for the item back and talk with your daughter about not bringing things to school. The teacher did not have the right to throw your child’s item away, that would be addressed as well. She can make her put it up, and even send her to the office for things but she isn’t allowed to throw someone else’s items away drawing or not. It does sound like the teacher is a rough one, and school is almost out. Get yourself involved In the school, volunteer, go for lunch, help with pta or room parent. When parents are more involved it helps out alot

1 Like

It really sounds like your child is spoiled at home and you think she should be treated the same at school. It doesn’t work that way. The teacher has 20+ kids at any time.

20 Likes

She has no right taking her personal property and not returning it at the end of the day

Wth people! You are so quick to call this child a brat without knowing her. Bringing things from home….that isn’t allowed? No show and tell? Reminds me of a co-worker I had when my kids were 1, 3 and 4 and she was saying what brats they were! They weren’t. They were children!! And they have grown into the most responsible, sweet and caring people you would know! Two of them running whole departments where they work! Let a kid be a kid and talk to them if they are misbehaving or disrupting. Kids are smart? They understand and they respond to kindness!

2 Likes

My daughter had a teacher like this I went and set up a meeting with her in front of the principal it did get loud but she was reprimanded and then moved to older kids and was great don’t let them walk on you you raise your kids not them

1 Like

We must help our children understand that life isn’t fair or always equitable.
We as parents are the role model for this attitude.

8 Likes

Eeek. This poor teacher.

10 Likes

I would start with the principal then move up the chain

2 Likes

parents like you are the reason there is so many self centred entitled spoiled brats around these days. this is a you problem not the teachers problem. time to teach your daughter the appropriate way to act. she may be centre of attention at home being an only child. But she sure as hell is not the centre of attention in public and she should not be aloud get away with behaving like she is.

26 Likes

It sounds like your child is acting out and you’re expecting the teacher to not say anything. Your child is not the “only child”. If the teacher has taken things away that your child has brought to school, that would signify you DONT keep bringing stuff from home. Of course you and your child would believe the teacher is “picking on her”, because your child sounds like she doesn’t know what real discipline or boundaries or even basic rules. It sounds like your child is just overly spoiled.

14 Likes

The first thing that needs addressed is your child bringing things to class if she’s not supposed to. If she got one thing taken away then it would be harsh but you admit in your post that she “tends” to bring things… You should have more issue that your child is continuously irritating the teacher. I get it. I had the same issue kind of but the teacher messaged me my daughter had two things taken away and I grounded her for disrespecting her teacher and now I check her back pack. First step you need to support the teacher and teach your child to respect school time and the teacher then if there are issues address it but you’re acting like she shouldn’t have an issue with your daughter… I’m not perfect. My child is not perfect. But I 100 % will support my teachers and if my child is 100% and has issues then I would deal with that. If I know she’s not innocent I back the teacher up.

14 Likes

If you know that she’s getting in trouble for bringing things to school then why continue to let her bring them?

13 Likes

If your child is being disruptive as you said she was, then first, the teacher has every right to take the item away. Secondly you should be teaching your child not to disrupt class, save show and tell for later.

8 Likes

Only child…… sounds like she is being taught to be entitled by parent. Never had to share her toys and can never do anything wrong. The child shouldn’t be disruptive in class. She probably is a pain in the ass to the teacher. Sounds like this child believes she’s the only one in the classroom and deserves all the attention. Ignorance at its finest. Teachers teach and when they have a misbehaving child they can not teach. I think the teachers 100% in the right and you and your only angel child are in the wrong. If you want this spoiled child to get more attention and do basically whatever she wants…… home school her or pay for a private teacher. The teacher has to give all her students attention not just your child. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Stop letting your kid bring things from home to school. That will probably help a lot

2 Likes

ok , so I read the post … for all of you that’s saying that the mom should be holding her child accountable … my question is … how? … how can this mom hold her child accountable when this mom even said in the post that the teacher isn’t very good at communicating …

the teacher has NO right to throw any of this child’s stuff away or keep it until the end of the year simply because this teacher is not acting like an adult and handling things the right way …

What the teacher should have done is … sent the child’s stuff home with the child and communicated with the parents about how important it is for your child to keep personal things at home because they disrupt the class … if after that the child continues to bring stuff to school only then should the teacher take the next step … and that should be having a parent teacher conference and talking in person about the child

But like I said , how can the mother hold her child accountable when the teacher IS NOT communicating with the parent ? … if the teacher has an issue with a student , parent should be contacted … not teacher taking matters into her own hands … COMMUNICATION is key

6 Likes

Get a job at the school. Your kid will get away with everything then. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t let your child take things from home to class unless specified by the teacher. That is your bad as a parent allowing her to do so. I think you need to reevaluate with your child before trying to get the teacher in trouble.

9 Likes

Your child is one of presumably 20-25. It cannot be her show, her day, her time only because she is used to it at home. She has to be able to focus, stay on task and follow the class routine. If every student brought items from home to play with, chat about and disrupt class with, then no learning would get done. As a parent, I wouldn’t let her bring items to school that aren’t necessary for learning, and encourage her to stay in her seat and tone down the chit chat. At that age, some chit chat and noise is expected, so if you’re daughter is being singled out, it must be a more disruptive issue.

8 Likes

I would definitely go to the principal with this is issue I for one wouldn’t let the teacher get away with that

3 Likes

You are your child’s voice. Schedule a meeting with the principal and your child’s teacher. Get your concerns out, and if it continues, contact your Board of Education.

2 Likes

This situation sounds real familiar. I think this person wrote in over a month ago with the same situation but this time she made sure to leave out the part that the new girl’s family was poor and they set up a go fund me account for the family. And she felt as though the teacher was being nice to the other girl because she is poor. So this is the same letter and this mother STILL doesn’t want to admit that her little angel is the problem. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

This situation sounds real familiar. I think this person wrote in over a month ago with the same situation but this time she made sure to leave out the part that the new girl’s family was poor and they set up a go fund me account for the family. And she felt as though the teacher was being nice to the other girl because she is poor. So this is the same letter and this mother STILL doesn’t want to admit that her little angel is the problem. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

8 Likes

Your daughter shouldn’t be bringing things from home to school unless the teacher asks her too. Your daughter is being disruptive during class and disrespectful to her teacher. She is not the only child in the classroom. About the homework… she clearly didn’t do her homework if the wrong page was done. Educators are taking a beating from parents and it’s terrible. There are some truly awful teachers but this teacher sounds like she’s trying to manage her classroom and your child repeatedly disobeys classroom rules. It sounds like you need to have a chat with your child on respect and then a conference with your daughter and her teacher so that your daughters teacher can clearly lay out the rules and your child can apologize for her behavior and hopefully they can both move forward and have a smoother end to the school year.

11 Likes

The teacher doesn’t sound great but if your daughter was told not to bring items because they disrupt class and she continues to defy the teacher and bring the items I could see why she took away the notebook. Maybe that’s not the case maybe the teacher is just a jerk there’s not really enough here to know…

1 Like

Submit your complaint to the school board

Tbh, I feel like you may want to have a talk about your daughter about not bringing things to class and double checking that she’s doing her homework correctly. It really sounds like your child is behaving in a way that is causing the teacher to have to react in the ways she’s reacting.

12 Likes

Also, you can tell who in these comments are reacting to the headline and who read the entire thing.

2 Likes

I think kiddo has these as distractions…. Can you try to get her not to take anything?
Have you considered adhd? The way you write I thought I was in adhd group.
You should know adhd/asd kids are singled out more than others. It’s disappointing and soul destroying, I know.
However, dx will help with accommodations and medications can really help kids be successful. …
I’m sorry she’s suffering like this and teachers an ass.
Ps, emailing over homework is funny. Homework is not proven effective for children in primary! These twits are working for us. Teaching our children. Employed by us.

I think your child is the problem and not the teacher. Stop letting her take things to school and please try a little discipline at home, might change things at school.

20 Likes

Have you tried talking to the teacher? If you don’t get anywhere with her then go to principal.

Sounds like your daughter is the problem lady. Sorry bout it🤷🏼‍♀️

12 Likes

This didn’t go the way you planned, did it? :joy:

17 Likes

You need to teach your child she is not the center of attention and quit letting her take things to school unless the teacher says she can this teacher has more students than her to teach.

16 Likes

I teach 2nd grade and do not allow items from home to be brought to school. If something is out of their backpack and I see it I keep it until a grown up comes to get it. Those things are disruptive and distracting at best.

As for drama? This age girl is FULL of drama and I don’t tolerate that. If someone is crying because their friend is friends with someone else I’ll offer Kleenex and a hug then move on.

You’re being ridiculous in your expectations.

19 Likes

I agree with the teacher she needs to stop bring stuff from home to school. Teachers have rules for a reason and your child broke the rules by bringing stuff from home to school. The teacher has told your child not to and your child keeps doing it. You and your child are the problem not the teacher.

19 Likes

You could ask to sit on the class at the back and just observe to see whether your daughter is being disruptive or there is a strong vibe coming from the teacher towards her, My 8yr old has Autism and somethings really crush her when they shouldn’t… When asking why she was so overwhelmed she snapped saying her teacher growled at her. After pushing for what she got told off for , She replied that she jumped in a puddle and it splashed another child. I laughed because she was so scared to say what she had done. We ended up laughing it off and said to her that she would have been asked to stop because she was getting herself and others wet and muddy. When one of my kids come home saying someone did or said that , I ask what happened before that what were they saying or doing. Only on the occasions my girls weren’t provoking or stirring have I gone in and shut it down, A friendly email to her teacher first. Stating your daughters concerns and hear the teacher out and her reasoning and what she believed happened prior to going above her ?

1 Like

I would be pissed if a teacher threw anything away. I don’t care if it’s a crumpled up receipt, a leaf from the playground or anything else, if my son has it out, tell him to put it away. Keep your hands off of other people’s belongings. If for some reason they have to take something away, I would expect to be able to go pick up whatever it is, as his parent.

On a side note, a teacher at my sons daycare told him to stop picking up rocks (he saves special rocks he finds for me), and I didn’t like that either. I love every little pebble that my baby brings me. It literally makes my life better to receive them from him. I’m a single mom, so I’ll take whatever gift he thinks I’ll like.

7 Likes