I feel like my marriage is over: What should I do?

Move on. You deserve a partner.

Would have been moved on!!!

1 Like

Get out now and don’t look back

1 Like

Don’t worry. Be happy.

1 Like

You had your answer when you said you were done.

1 Like

Dump him and move on, you deserve better

1 Like

Do what you feel is right for you.

If you love him , go see a marriage counselor.

Only you can make that decision.

Get rid of him!life is too damn short

1 Like

He’s already moved on :woman_shrugging:t3:

Sounds like he’s cheating to me. Give him the ultimatum

Stop fooling yourself. He’s been fooling around big time and isn’t coming back to this marriage. Get a good attorney and get out of it plus squeeze him for all he’s worth. Don’t worry about what your kids and friends will think because they’ve already thought it and have been wondering when you were going to finally come to grips with reality.

19 Likes

Time to move on . I did & couldn’t be happier .

It’s not as easy as everyone is saying to just move on. Especially after you have been married for so long and have adult kids together. You have in-laws and other people that are part of your larger extended family, and saying good bye to all of them could be an issue too. It was for me. Then there’s your finances. Do you work? Have you been a stay at home mom/homemaker all of these years? Because if that’s the case, now is not the best time to be looking for a job with our current economy. And if you haven’t worked in a long time, you’re gonna be competing with a lot of very qualified people in the work force who have recently lost their jobs. If you do find something, it’s gonna be entry level and not pay enough to support you in the lifestyle you may be accustomed to. All that being said, I’m not encouraging you to stay in a bad marriage where you are miserable. But if you have made up your mind to leave, make a plan. Don’t sue him for every dime he has. That’s not really fair to him is it? I mean he worked and paid the bills for your entire marriage while you raised the kids and to his knowledge, he doesn’t see how anything is different than the way it’s always been in your marriage. That doesn’t give him an excuse to ignore your needs now anymore than it gives you an excuse to take away everything he’s worked his entire life for. Be a better person than that. You deserve half, but not all. And if you make a decision to leave the marriage, make sure you have the means to stand on your own two feet! He may not be cheating on you at all. My ex wasn’t, but I thought he was and hired a private investigator just to be sure. He wasn’t cheating. He was just completely self-absorbed and uninterested in me or my needs. Make sure you have evidence against him if you think he may actually be cheating. Then at least you have something to show the judge and some closure on your end. But if he’s not cheating, you may never understand why he lost interest in you other than he just fell out of love with you. You could try filing for divorce or a legal separation, and see if that wakes him up. But I would not leave my house if I were you. Make him move. It’s too hard to find a place to live that’s affordable for a single woman. (Unless you have a medical degree or something you haven’t told us about.) You have no children in the home so you won’t be eligible for the any public assistance. I’m telling you from experience, divorce is hard. Make sure you are prepared for it if that’s what you decide to do. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Maybe you could go back to school, or get a job of some sort, or change careers if you’re already working. See if filling up your time with other things instead of just thoughts of him helps. But no one can decide this except you. Just be prepared to live with your choice. It’s not as easy as you may think. But you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Best of luck to you and lots of prayers! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Start over . . . You never had a marriage. . .

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s seeing somebody else

Sounds like he’s living a double life and has other women he staying with when he’s not at home !!! You can draw his Social Security if you have been married at least ten years!!! That an absolute truthful fact !!! If he’s going to draw a larger amount than you at retirement DRAW HIS !!!

1 Like

Get a divorcé and move on…or ask him if he would be willing to get a job at home and go to marriage counseling.

Talk to GOD about this situation–have an honest pure conversation with Him about this and tell Him what you would like to
happen. Afterwards, be happy and live your best life🙂.

Get a life.leave him…

I would get out and find happiness

1 Like

sounds like he is cheating

1 Like

Marriage counseling!!!

1 Like

Red flags right there

1 Like

Tell him you want to divorce and move on with your life.

I won’t sugar coat anything to you he have another family out of town.Move on it will hurt but times will heal you sounds like your emotionally abused go to therapy and let him go.

It sounds like you have grown apart. I would start making plans to get a divorce. I would look at your options and have them ready to set in motion if he just is totally unwilling to work on things.

You should feel loved and wanted , that’s part of being a husband and if he truly wanted he would make time to spend time or talk to you tired or not . Have that conversation again and if there is no effort or change you deserve so much better.

I don’t think there’s enough information here to be telling you get out of the relationship. And maybe I’m wrong, but its sounds like you’ve already made your decision. These changes you’re talking about didn’t appear overnight, and they aren’t going to be fixed overnight. I think you need to do some soul searching and decide if you’re willing to do the work required to mend your relationship, and it’s going to take a lot of time and effort since you both have been living separate lives for so long. Start dating your husband. Treat getting to know each other again as a way to help you make an educated decision on the future of your marriage. If discovering who the man you’re currently married to is, isn’t the man you fell in love with or want to keep building a life with, then there probably isn’t much hope in salvaging the relationship. You may discover that the people you’ve both grown into aren’t compatible anymore. But be honest with yourself, fight for what YOU truly want, & don’t settle either way. Fight for being happy, no matter what that looks like!!!

Between now and dead how do YOU want to continue to keep living your life?

1 Like

It takes 2 people to make a relationship work if your the only one trying it probably won’t work

It all depends on if you want to work it out. I have been exactly there as my husband traveled most our marriage and I raised our children alone one is grown the other is on the verge. I’m a sahm and I became busy doing everything house, bills, school, all kids activities etc while he traveled and he felt rejected and lonely as my concerns were not focused on him. Your husband may not be having an affair but there is a possibility he could be looking elsewhere for attention to feel alive again, or he may just be embarrassed for you to see what he is looking up or downloaded. Anyway there’s a lot more to it withdrawing, depression, etc etc and if you want to talk to someone that experienced what you described instead of just being told he’s cheating leave him you can pm me.

1 Like

Id just serve him with divorce papers! Obviously he has no intentions on working on it! He says sorry to end the convo not bc he actually is or itd change

Don’t just walk out, u would be on the wrong side, talk to him seriously, let him know how u feel after all these years. It’s either u stay and he goes but u cannot live like this. Maybe he is waiting for a push, whatever happens rem. life goes on and might b a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, my heart hurts for you😔 you can ask all the questions you want and receive all the answers to them, but your heart knows what to do. Listen to it and it only don’t second guess yourself. Some of these responses will cause more harm than good. Some say seek Jesus, I’m living proof Jesus doesn’t always fix it the way we want. He will allow things to happen until we are smart enough to see the direction he’s pulling us into. It’s the one direction that will scare you the most, Trust him go where he leads❤

Move on !!! There are better things ahead for you !!!

pack his shit and be like well since this is a bust ive made other arrangements this is getting nowhere see ya and leave it as that hes had plenty of time to try imo

If you are interested in saving your marriage, perhaps you could now travel some with him. Is he interested in that?

Talk with him first. He may feel the same. Either way your happiness comes first. Is not fair to either one of you to stay in an unhappy marriage. Try counseling first.

When your lover girl companion you both thought you would be together forever died at 34 passed I just went to visit her at cemetery me from La her from California Love you and miss your presence Shasta baby see you in Heaven me again

Does he have another family somewhere?that’s what it sounds like.sorry

I think your husband has moved on a long time ago, time for you to catch up