I found a condom in my boyfriends car: Advice?

What would you do if you found a condom in your boyfriends car? We have been together for 3 years, and we do not use them. I was cleaning out his car when I found it under his seat. I am trying not to jump to conclusions because I do trust him. But at the same time, why is it there? Should I even talk to him about it or just move on?

115 Likes

Ya def talk about it because Iā€™d be loosing my shit too we donā€™t use condoms so wtf why does he have it . But donā€™t go all cray until you talk lol

If itā€™s used, heā€™s cheating, if itā€™s wrapped there could totally be reasonable explanations.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the eco.date on it?

16 Likes

Is it used? Ask him calmly. I would guess cheating, but you canā€™t know unless you talk to him.

1 Like

Ask him definitely x

How can everyone jump to the conclusion of cheating lol god knows how long he probably had the car before her lol

3 Likes

Is it used or still sealed in the wrapper?

Just dump his ass if he is cheating heā€™ll lie anyways just say bye bye!

When does it expire?

1 Like

Just ask. You will know when he answers, if he is lying or telling the truth.

2 Likes

Me and my husband hasnā€™t used one in 11 yrsā€¦ (only been together for 12) and he still has one from that many years ago. (Yes it needs to be tossed just havenā€™t got around to it. Itā€™s in the bedroom drawer)

I would jump to conclusions, it could be oldā€¦

2 Likes

Several plausible explanations, does he ever have guy friends in the car? If so and itā€™s an in the wrapper condom could have fallen out of a pocket, not every guy cheats,not every guy is faithful, not every woman is a prude, not every woman is a man stealing whore, good lord cheating isnā€™t always the answer, like others have said expiration dates matter, if itā€™s used yikes, but if itā€™s new it could be a precaution, you may want to have condoms on hand in the case of utiā€™s or yeast infections

Leave it on his seat so that he has to start the convo :woman_shrugging:t3: either way you gotta talk to him, bottling it up inside is the worse you could do to yourself.

6 Likes

Donā€™t ask him. Hell probably tell you he gave a lift to his friend who dropped it.

I would ask, if youā€™ve been together 3 years you know if heā€™s not being honest

1 Like

First check the expiration date and if its not expired COMMUNICATE how you feel and ask all questions you need you deserve that much. Never ā€œjust move onā€ then you are going to have lingered feelings.

3 Likes

They all have an expiration date ! Check that out before you jump to conclusions. Could of expired in '97 :rofl:

Look at the expiration date. That eill explain a lot.

3 Likes

If you guys have a good relationship then dont feel upset with asking if he gets upset (like overly upset, yelling why are you going through his car ect.) Then from my personal experience it means he is hiding something be up front and ask otherwise you will sit and beat your brains out until you are so mad and cant see straight that you might become hostile

2 Likes

Leave it on the floor mat and get in the car with him and pretend u seeing it the first time.

5 Likes

Put it in the driverā€™s seat. If he explains on his own, ur goodšŸ˜

8 Likes

Heā€™s cheating do some more research before telling him you found it

2 Likes

Depends how often you check his car
Like have you ever looked under the seats before?
Cause if you did and never stumbled upon it in the 3 years you have all been together then definitely a red flag

6 Likes

He will only lie. Start watching and looking very closely at everything

14 Likes

Check the expiration date before you freak out lol

2 Likes

Is it used? Cause he couldve gave a buddy a ride and it fell out of their walletšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø he may not even know its there

2 Likes

First. Have u cleaned car before and it wasnā€™t there?
If not Check if expired.
Then if it still has life. Attack mode.

4 Likes

I look under my mans seats all the time
We got small kids so Iā€™m digging for toys and food they dropped

1 Like

Check the date. Thatā€™ll tell you how long itā€™d been there.

3 Likes

Is it used? What is the expiration date? Thatā€™ll tell you a lot. If that fails, just ask him.

1 Like

Wait a second, do not ask him about it. This fairly easy. Count the condoms. After sometime like a month or something count them again. If thereā€™s less. Heā€™s actively cheating. If you have more patience wait longer.

Then youā€™ll know if it was a one time fling, or if theyā€™re older. Yatty ya. But to know if heā€™s actively cheating is better than confronting him without any evidence besides you found condoms in the car that could mean nothing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why you wouldnā€™t straight out question him about it. This is someone you have been with for three years, you have sex with and share your life with, you should be able to discuss anything and everything with him.

5 Likes

Ask be strait forward just be calm and blunt
Exp I found a condom in your car when I was cleaning it do you know weā€™re it came from and then go from there

1 Like

Check the expiration date. If itā€™s newā€¦well then you know

4 Likes

Check the expiration date on the wrapper and go from there :rofl:

9 Likes

I meanā€¦ who REALLY cleans under their seats all the time. I know I havent touched under mine in YEARS. Be calm, and ask him about it.

2 Likes

You wont confront him bc you already know the truth. So are you going to stay or go?

4 Likes

Trust your gut feeling.

1 Like

do you guys have kids ā€¦ have you asked him about it ā€¦ sometimes their reaction says it all ā€¦

I have actually had a similar situation lol. Me & my SO had been together about 2 years & dont use condoms either. I had been cleaning his car & found a condom under some trash & whatnot on the back floor board. It was open but not used, like no nastiness on it. I confronted him & he said one of his friends was trying to do that condom out the window thing where it inflates.

1 Like

Heā€™s cheating on u sorry

Pfft says it all come on a condom? If you donā€™t use them together why does he need one in his car he is cheating

1 Like

Poke a few holes in it and soak it in hot pepper juice put it back, if he comes home with his dick on fire then you know. Problem solved

44 Likes

Weird questionā€¦whatā€™s the expiry date on it? Or was it a loose used condom?

1 Like

Oh I would definitely bring it up. As a matter of fact, I would have put some gloves on, put it in a zip lock bag and left it right on his pillow to see. :innocent:

1 Like

They have expiration dates on the packageā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d check it to see expiry date if not expired I would put it back and take a picture of it and I would check daily to seem when it disappears! If it does then you know ā€¦ and you can confront him and show him the picture when his ass tryā€™s to lie or say your delusional. And boom heā€™s fucked. Lol but if expired I would through it at him and ask why thereā€™s a condom in the car lol and hopefully he ainā€™t using them expired :joy:

Leave it thereā€¦ see if it grows legs.

8 Likes

Communication is key!!!

I would just ask him about it. Otherwise itā€™ll probably be in the back of your mind, wondering about it.

Karate chop him in the throat :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

How old is it? Does he ever have single friends in the car? I would just ask and make him know you were cleaning it out and it was under the seat. No big deal

When does/did it expire? That can tell you if itā€™s new or older. Few months ago I found a condom in one of my husbands jackets in the closet. Weā€™ve been married 15 years, have 3 kids. The expiry on the condom? 2008. Also find out if any friends use his car, siblings even or coworkers.

Look at expiration date

Ignore everyone straight out telling you heā€™s cheating. Donā€™t make assumptions.

Talk to him. Thatā€™s the only way to know for sure what is going on. Thatā€™s what makes a marriage workā€¦ communication.

If he is cheating? Itā€™s up to you how to handle that. But there could be plenty of other reasons for it to be there. So donā€™t just jump to conclusions.

2 Likes

Maybe heā€™s a very posh wanket

1 Like

You were cleaning a manā€™s car?
Cleaning under the seat?
Nah, you were searching his car.
Why?
And please, we cant give advise with half the story.
Were you searching?
Used or unused?
Expiration date?

5 Likes

I have a whole bag of them and Iā€™m single havenā€™t had sex in like 2 yearsā€¦ They were free šŸ¤·

Haahaha lol you have a good
Boy friend. Donā€™t you think

How did you not go confront him immediately? I canā€™t sit on that kind of stuff.

5 Likes

Iā€™d stock the hell out of them for likeā€¦a week without him knowing lol

1 Like

Sometimes we so stupid we donā€™t want to see itā€¦

1 Like

Did you check the expiration date?

1 Like

We would definitely have a conversation.

I woulda lost my shit the minute I found them! But he woulda lied. Caught MI e on a dating site once n he not only lied 2 me about it but refused 2 speak 2 me for 3 days cuz he got caught!! Keep ur eyes n ears open uā€™ll find out what u need 2 know.

No conversation necessaryā€¦ just :walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::v::v::v:

4 Likes

Ask him. Chances are they belong to a friend or the condoms are his & heā€™ll lie & say they belong to his friend :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

God look at these comments, no wonder dudes think weā€™re all psychos SMH

2 Likes

I would be single. Period

Think if not you somebody else wake up

Check the expiration date, might be old. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Man you can tell half you females have been done wrong by a man, as have I but even like this id take the chance to fight about it over just packing his shit and telling him bye. :tipping_hand_woman:t3: come on, he could have had a buddy in the vehicle and it fell out of their wallet, it could be a number of things other than him cheating. Iā€™d straight ask him about it, and go from there. Youā€™ve been together 3 years, you know when heā€™s lying. Open yourself up to the possibility that he may be lying or that itā€™s a simple mistake.

No save it for him later

I think you should just talk to him about it. No point it jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst. Since yā€™all have been together for a while, you should be able to pick up on wether heā€™s lying or noy

1 Like

Honestly just COMMUNICATE. If it worries you talk to him. All he can do it communicate back. Whether itā€™s nothing or not a couple should always communicate. I was in multiple toxic relationships but now that Iā€™m not Iā€™ve had to learn itā€™s okay to just ask a question and he will answer.

1 Like

Just talk too him. Dont come at him angry or jumping the gun but just talk too him about why the condom was there.

Youā€™ll know by looking at the expiration date. If itā€™s expired or close to the expiration date then itā€™s probably old. I just looked and most are good for 3-5 years. Do the math and a figure out your answer yourself. Also if it looks old af and worn thatā€™ll tell you too. 3 years is a long time to be under a seat in a car so it should look old and nasty especially if his car is dirty enough to need cleaned out

1 Like

Yeah we would have a sit down and if I didnt like what I heard he would be walking!

Go with your gut. Thereā€™s more to it and you need to listen to what you already know.

1 Like

This happened to me and my hubby. My 9 year old actually pulled it out while we were headed to the store and was like whatā€™s this. We looked at each other ready to throw down then realized and simultaneously said Ethan. Who is his brother and sometimes borrows my car. Then we went and both yelled at him about what is/isnt allowed in the backseat where my babies sit and praised him for being smart and safe at the same time lol.

Guilty sleeping around

1 Like

Check the expiration date and if itā€™s current? Move on.

1 Like

F the expiration date thats nonsense if you never use them with him in 3 years then i know you already no the answer. Id walk away fast umfaithful jerk.

5 Likes

Have he even had that car 3 years because its probably new

Iā€™ve seen the inside of some peopleā€™s cars. If thatā€™s his style I wouldnā€™t get too excited.

Do you have condoms? No, because you said you and him donā€™t use them. Why does he have them? You have intuition, and most of time, it doesnā€™t lie.

2 Likes

Honestly I know how often I clean my car. Did you check the expiration date. It could realistically be from before you got together lol

Girl you dont use protection. He has ko need for them. Why does he have it?!

Why the fuck are you cleaning out his car???

Obviously you donā€™t trust him or you wouldnā€™t be asking advice from strangers :joy:

1 Like

Why not just ask him

Ok not saying he or didnā€™t but every time I take my daughter or take her to take her son to the doctor they have big jars of free condoms she takes a handful every time somehow thereā€™s always some left in my damn car

Drop something on purpose while youā€™re both in there. Go to retrieve said dropped item and pull the condom out like whats this !

3 Likes

Check the expiration date on it. Boom

Take a pic of it and leave it there. Check back next week

2 Likes

If itā€™s there then he is using them

1 Like

Bright side, if heā€™s cheating at least heā€™s using protection.

Iā€™d confront. Could actually have a reasonable answer. Iā€™d pass it to him out of the blue and gauge his reaction as he answers. Could be malicious and he would stumble over an answer, or deny. Could be a friend passed it to him jokingly saying ā€œnobabiesā€ lol. Iā€™ve seen my male friends pass them around at get togethers and give them to my husband too even if we donā€™t use them. At a wedding for example one of the groomsmen brought a box and gave 2 to every other groomsmen. I am 100% confident in his answer when I found them.

Iā€™d probably look at the expiration date first. If it doesnā€™t expire soon or isnā€™t already expired. Then I would know he bought that recently or at least not very long ago and if that is the case, I would confront him on it and wouldnā€™t loosen up what so ever until I have an explanation. At that point itā€™s up to you to decide if you would want to stay in the relationship or not.

3 Likes