I found out I am pregnant again and need advice and kind words

I have an 11-month-old, and I just found out I’m ten weeks pregnant while on birth control. I’m terrified because I know it’s challenging going from one to two babies & I feel like I just became a mama yesterday. Can y’all comment on any advice you have for me to make me feel better?

41 Likes

My two kids are close in age. It’s tough at first but we’ll worth it. Congratulations! :heart:

Don’t sweat it mama. It’s easier the second time around. If you haven’t already, I recommend a schedule. So much easier once they get used to it

1 Like

Congratulations :tada: good luck!

Congrats! You got this mama! :purple_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i have 2 kids they are about 6 years apart but my mom had me and my sister 1 year 1 day and 1 month apart! We grew up so close! :purple_heart: dont doubt yourself!

1 Like

Same my 2 youngest are 16 months apart and they are super close it can be a little tough but it’s all worth it

Not a lot of advice, but some solidarity for ya. I found out when my son was 11 months old that I was 10 weeks with #2. It took me a couple weeks, but hey, now I’m excited to watch them play with each other. Congrats mamma!

Every baby is different ! It will take time to adjust but it’s possible :heart:.

I found it easier going from 1 to 2 than 2 to 3

4 Likes

I got pregnant with my son when my first baby was only 3 months old. It’s difficult but they have such a strong bond and love each other more than anything. You can definitely handle it! :heart:

I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 3 months old and again when my 2nd was 4 months old. You will be just fine.

At least you didn’t wait 7 years to have another I wish my kids were close in age. Yes it’s tough but you can do it and it’s worth it your kids will grow up together as best friends :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Congratulations :heart: you can do this. Positive vibes mama!!

I had my 2 daughters Jan2016 and dec2016 and my other 2 daughter mar2019 and jan2020… as long as there’s a specific routine and bedtime you should be fine​:blush: love having them close together they are the bestest friends :two_hearts:

2 Likes

My kids are exactly 18 months apart, it gets easier. And gives you time to learn as well. Before you know it, they’ll be playing together laughing like crazy running around. It’s a great feeling.

You can do it! Congratulations

I was 6 weeks when my son was 4 months old. I’d just turn 21 and it was hard but it was great.

2 Likes

I promise that it isn’t as hard as it sounds. Our first became a big brother at 16 months old and it’s been pretty good after a couple of weeks when we figured d out our new groove

I’m praying for you. It will be hard at first but when they are older they will entertain eachother

Its not even as bad as it sounds. I have an 18mth old son and an 11 day old baby girl. Plus work and breastfeed. Its not bad at all.

1 Like

I found out I was pregnant when my first was 8.5mo I was on birth control also so I ended up having 2 kids at 18yrs old it’s challenging but not impossible

My 1st and 2nd were close and my 4th and 5th were closer

Just breathe and know that its ok for them to cry for a min. Not gonna hurt them. Try to get them on the same nap and bed schedule. It gets easier. If you feel overwhelmed or upset dont be ashamed to call a friend or relative for help. I have iris twins. Exactly a year apart. And raised like twins.

1 Like

Went in for check up with 5month old baby. Found out I was 4 month as pregnant. Had a 5 yr old and 2year old also. It’s doable. Just get good routine going with schedule

1 Like

I had my first 2 kids 15 months apart. Then another one 24m after. You will be just fine!!

My girls are about 1.5 year apart (2, 6 months) and it will be hard sometimes but don’t worry because you will at least already know what to look out for in baby 2 because baby 1 is so fresh in your mind! And now that my youngest is 6 months the two girls can entertain each other a little bit and it’s awesome! Bring the kids into bed in the morning and have a little sleep in while they play together… or set the baby down on the ground and let the toddler run around her like a crazy person :joy: it’s the most interesting thing in the whole world to them and you can get stuff done :+1:t2:

I can beat that lol, I have a 9 month old and just found out I’m 16 weeks pregnant. I had literally no symptoms up until like a week ago so I thought I was like 8 weeks maybe. Lol low key freaking a bit

You can do it. I’m not gonna lie, it’s hard, but not impossible. You got this mama!

I have 4 under 6 years, I have 19 months between 2 and 3 and baby 3 and 4 and yes it’s hard work but I wouldn’t change it for the world! I didn’t plan it like this either! My children are so close and it’s beautiful to see. Congratulations xx

My daughter has 2 girls 10 months apart. They’re best friends.

My babies, now toddlers are 10 months apart ! It will take time to get used to but it is worth it and it is so much fun ! They are close and once they start playing together it is adorable ! You got this !! And congratulations :heart:

1 Like

As intimidating as it may seem now , You’ll realize how much it’s not. I have a 9 year old and 8 year old and It was so much easier having them back to back than when I waited five years for my youngest, Now I feel like I have to get back into the swing of ‘ baby life ‘ rather than when I had the girls back to back I was already used to the baby/infant mom life! Plus even though they fight like crazy their bond is just undeniable and makes my heart so so full , and i do believe it is because they are so close in age :heart:

One to two really isnt that bad. And it helps cause they are back to back so you go through things together.

Things happen . But be happy at the end of the day . I got pregnant also I’m 4 moths pregnant wile being in the IUD this happened. I got pregnant two times wit the IUD

1 Like

I have a 4 kiddos 6,5,3,1. The first 2 are 1 month apart, times get crazy but they are so fun. You’ll be fine momma… you got this!

I had a hard time going from 0 to 1 child. 1 to 2 was a breeze, we just tried our hardest to keep the same routine we had. Going from 2 to 3, was a bit challenging because I had 3 children under 4 years old. But I’d do it again in a heart beat!

My daughter was 2 months old when I got pregnant with my son. They’re exactly 1 year apart… I was terrified but it’s been awesome!

My boys are 15 months apart and it is hard at times but it’s worth every one of the hard moments

1. Congratulations​:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
  2. My first son will be 2 in May and my second is due in a few weeks. Total accident. We tried for three years to get our first son but wasn’t trying again right away and it just happened. I was scared and nervous at first but the good thing is you’re still in “baby mode” and it will be fun watching them grow together.

I’ve been in your shoes and now have 5 and 4 year old boys who are best friends and I feel horrible for ever being unhappy about the situation. To think they will grow up and only be a year apart in school is something I’m excited for too. I can’t say every day is easy but I promise you it’s totally worth it :two_hearts:

1 Like

My two oldest are about 18/19 months apart and I’m thankful for it! They get a long so much better than kids in our family that are farther apart in years. They got to grow up together and are super close!

1 Like

Take it one day at a time. I have irish twins born before a year and then after my second child was 6 month i fell pregnant again. Remeber to try and breathe things may not get done that day and thats okay.

Mine are 20 months apart. And now that they are getting older it’s the best decision I ever made.

Leonie maybe you have some advice

My brother and I are not even 13 months apart, my mom survived.

Don’t worry. It’s not challenging going from one to more than one. The biggest challenge is adjusting from none to one (or however many). The new one will adjust to the schedule you already have and you will just feel like you are doing what you’ve already been doing.

2 Likes

Been there myself cried when I found out I was pregnant with my son and thought how the heck are we going to deal with this?! Our daughter was 10 months old when he was born but you will get through it. Mine are 10 months apart. It’s not easy,especially when they both were babies but it gets better as they get older. They are 5 and 4 now and are super close. It will be crazy for awhile but you will find your new normal. Best of luck you can do it!

1 Like

With a good routine you’ll be just fine mama! My oldest boys are 22 months apart, 11 and 9 now. They were easier to adjust to than now with my 2 yr old lol

This is more common than you think! The age gap is perfect when they both get out of diapers or start school. It might be challenging at first but it will pay off later when they can share clothes and toys. Like twins kinda! You got this!

Every baby is a blessing and the two of them will be best friends! You have already done it so it won’t be as hard! My mom had twins her first pregnancy so she had four of us 2 1/2-new born. She rocked it and so will you!

I had two 14 months apart two is no different love them they will be best friends my boys are. Love them

Its not really much different.u just have two now.u will learn to adjust and it will all come natural. My husband and i are a blended family and have 6 kids.ages 8 6,5,4,3,2. Just dont have more than 2 cause let me tell ya its alot

My boys are 18 months apart. Once you get into a good routine etc it’s easier. Your already doing nappies and bathing and all that already so one more doesn’t make it too hard to transition.

1 Like

My boys are 17 months apart. I also have a daughter who is 7 years younger then my oldest. Let me says this, I love my daughter but I’m glad I had my boys close together. It wasn’t planned. But having kids go through the rough packs all at once. It’s not going to be butterflies and rainbows but you’ll get into a routine that fits your life

1 Like

Atleast you kinda know what to expect this go round! Like when I had my son I was clueless but I’m so thankful I’ll have the knowledge when my second born comes around! I would be nervous about having another so soon too, but you’ve totally got this!

Not going to lie. I have a soon to be 14 month old and I’m due next month. I found out I was pregnant again, after I stopped breastfeeding my son when he turned 6 months old. It’s difficult, that’s for sure. The good news for you though, is that your children will be close in age. Good luck.

My girls are 16 months apart and it’s amazing now that they are older. Best friends!

1 to 2 kids was so easy. My oldest was only 9 months old when I found out i was pregnant again. 18 months apart !

Youll be fine. Look at ot this way, they’ll both have a best friend close in age for life.

It’s work, but they are blessings. Just gonna lose a little more sleep! Good luck.

My boyfriend and all his brothers are about 10-13 months apart. They have a super strong bond.

My best friend got pregnant with her second when her daughter was 14 months, they are so close and it’s adorable. This will be a blessing. I believe everything happens for a reason, and this baby was meant to be a part of your family.

My girls are 11 months apart . They are now 23 and 24 …At times it was challenging but they were always close and now looking back much easier having them close together rather than spaced out between them and my son

Am pregnant with number 3… Found out just before my youngests first bday in November… Bubs due in June and the 2 youngest will 19 months apart… i also have an 11 year old… Also getting married 3 months after this baby is born… People did it for years before us… you’ll be fine

You will be more confident this time around. You will find it easier to get out of the house sooner. I knew I was out with both the week after we got out of the hospital. You already have baby stuff so that’s a plus.

I have twins so pretty close together lol. There will be lots of fights, but just as many moments that melt your heart and make it alllll worth it😍

This was me! 11 month old and found out was about 4 weeks pregnant. My boys are 18.5 months apart. Its honestly more if an adjustment period than anything. My oldest just turned 2 and my baby will 6 months in 2weeks :grimacing:
You’ll be fine momma! Worst thing is changing to poops at once :joy: it can be overwhelming but just accept the help you’re offered!

You got this! I got pregnant while on bc at 40 with 5 other kids in the house. It will all come naturally and it will all work out. Congratulations mama

My kids are 8 days away from being a full year apart, I was scared but it wasn’t that bad. They are 2 & 1 right now and it’s more difficult than it was when my youngest was a newborn but it’s so fun! He adores his big sister and the bond is AMAZING. You’ll do fine love.

Hey I had 4 babies in 4 yrs pin 1966 in 1967 in 1968 in 1969

That happened to me except a loootttt sooner my baby wasnt even 2 months old and i was pregnant again i now have 2 children 11 months apart and it wasnt hard at all to adjust to… Ill give u one more scenario as well i just had twins 5 weeks ago as well and im totally single… No help at all i was terrified but the cool thing about us moms is that we adjust to our childrens needs i know its scary but you will make it :heart::heart: congratulations

We are all 19 months apart the 7 of us love one another always have a friend :baby::baby:

My advice is get better birth control and use 2 or 3 forms at a time (longterm hormonal + condom + pull out, for good measure). Oh, and if you have a boy, keep your mouth closed during diaper changes.
Good luck! lol

I was in the exact same boat. I found out I was pregnant and had an 11 month old. I now have a 21 month old and a 1 month old, and it isn’t as bad as I thought. It is rough in the beginning, but my 21 month old grew up so much in those 8 months I was pregnant and even more after my little girl was born. I know it feels overwhelming, but you will just take it one day at a time and will be fine. I haven’t went back to work yet, so I may be eating my words when I go back to 12 1/2 hour shifts, but for now it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

Almost Irish twins
Mine are 1.5 years apart with Nolan being 2 and Emmy 6mths. (I also have a 13 yr old.) having them close together is scary as hell but it’s also a lot of fun and they can support each other as they grow.

1 Like

Me sister and i were a year apart and best friends growing up!

I’m gonna be so real with you. I am almost 40. My oldest is almost 19, I have a 13 and 12 year old and my bf has a 10 month old (long story) and we just had a baby…ALL GIRLS! I was on birth control and had been for years. Took it religiously. I thought I was having a thyroid issue. Went to the dr and yep…you guessed it…I’m pregnant. I lost it. Seriously lost it. Fast forward to today…my baby is 5 weeks old tomorrow and it’s hard as hell. It’s so hard. It’s hard in every way. I did NOT want this. I tried to prevent it. And she made her way into my womb anyway. I cry a lot. I feel like I’ve ruined my life. I feel like I’ll never be able to go to nursing school as I was planning…I feel hopeless and literally want to run away almost every day. And then she smiles…or coos…or she falls asleep with both her arms up by her head and it’s just so cute💗 Or she will make these cute noises when she’s sucking her bottle…Then I take a deep breath and I smile…I cry happy tears…tears of “I’m her momma and she’s my baby”…I smell her…kiss her…nuzzle her…and hold her close because she’s mine. And for some reason God knew I needed her or knew she needed me and I’m thankful. I’m thankful for the blessing of motherhood…that I got pregnant on birth control when others can’t get pregnant to save their life. I’m thankful to see how much her sisters love her…to see her daddy with her and hear him baby talk to her🥰 This nightmare…this complete change in plans…this shock and ruiner of my dreams has become the literal love of my life. And she makes me want to be better…to push harder and to fight to become all I want and do it all for her and her sisters. It’s gonna be okay momma💗 Trust me! You’ve got this!!!

1 Like

My kids are 22 months apart and if i could do it over again I would have had them closer together

So my two youngest are July 3 2017 and November 3 2018 :joy: it’s hard I’m not going to lie, but they are best friends (also sometimes not lol) and it’s sooo cute to see how close they are. Everyone asks if they are twins. Never be scared to ask for help and just do what you can :slightly_smiling_face:

I am pregnant with number 3 and I have a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old. And this one is due at the end of August. Although going from 1 to 2 is a change you will never want to look back. The first few days are the biggest adjustment but after that it’s much easier also, get your first child involved with doing stuff for baby. It becomes a big help when the older sibling is brought in to help and be involved early

I have a 2 year old, a 10 month old and I’m 31 weeks pregnant. It’s not that bad, you’ll be fine lol

You will do great! I was a mother to a newborn baby that was born in august of 2018. I shortly was pregnant in September after I just had a baby. My 2nd daughter was born in june of 2019. Here I am with 3rd baby conceived probably in december of 2019. My babies are young and close apart. I’m sure you will do great mom. Keep your head up

My granddaughters are 13 months apart, a baby is a blessing from god, it won’t be easy at times but you will be just fine, you’ve got this momma

My boys are 16 months apart (currently 20 months and 3 as of last week). We wanted them close but that was a little too close :rofl:. But I wouldn’t change any of it! They are the BEST of friends. They love each other so much. That’s not to say they don’t fight, too, LOL. It’s not the easiest, but I have friends that have a 4 year gap between their kids and they have their own challenges. Good and bad with both. It’s a lot of chaos but ALOT of fun. We want another one even with all the craziness going on now. Good luck and congratulations :purple_heart::blue_heart:

My children are 13 months apart and the best advice I ever had is to allow the oldest to grow up and be independent. Allow the 11month old to start sleeping on it’s own, allow him/her to feed itself, and allow to walk and not hold so much. If you don’t start allowing the oldest to sleep in its own bed you will have 2 babies up ever night for feedings and the oldest will not go back to sleep as quick as the baby. Good luck! You got this!

You got this, momma!

I’m 22, a mom of 3 under 3 and I can definitely tell you it DOES get easier :purple_heart:
Now your biggest problem is going to be having to chase one while the other one cries. Biggest help is its okay to put the 11 month old in a playpen or a jumper while you feed the baby. Also, one of them will always be crying so remember it’s okay to make one wait while you situate who you need to first. It’s also okay to get overwhelmed and need a minute. Just stay calm and take it one day at a time. You’ll do great :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine are 19 months apart (boy and girl) and we planned it that way… sometimes I’m like ummm we were crazy :crazy_face: having a toddler and newborn is not for the faint of heart. But, then I see how close they are… how she walks around the house calling for her brother if he isn’t in the same room. How she wants to be just like him in every way. She’s talking like she’s 3.5-4(she’s 2) and almost fully potty trained already because she does not want to be left behind. They will be very close growing up. My advice- get a ring sling or some kind of comfortable baby carrier for the newborn so you can tend to the other sibling easier… get some books and activities for the older child to do on the couch next to you while you are feeding. Have them help you with little things for the baby so that they feel involved… like “help” wash hair during bath time, help hold the bottle or help burp. Expect a regression in behavior and/or sleep when the baby comes. Enjoy it… I sooo miss the new baby smell that my daughter used to have and the snuggles :heart: congrats!!

I was six months postpartum when I got pregnant again! I have an older kid too.

My boys are a hard handful and I have a lot of hard days I cry from being overwhelmed. But I remind myself having a one and two year old is hard and I am enough. I love them and I know they will have a strong relationship as they get older and learn they have a built in playmate in each other.

2 Likes

I’m 25. I got pregnant with my 2nd child when my son was 3 months old. I was on birth control and we used protection. My sons will be a year and 2 weeks apart. I’m getting a tubal after this pregnancy tho.

I fell pregnant when my first was 6months, they are 13 months apart, i found going from 1 to 2 the easiest, just make sure baby 1 is in a good routine and be organised, you will be ok

You will be able to do it but please find a support system :pray:

I found out I was pregnant again when my son was only 2 months old, he was born January 2016, had my 2nd boy November 2016. You got this mum :heart:

2 Likes

I have a 7yo 5yo…I Turned 40 and surprise pregnant again! I was freaking out. He’s 11 mo now. I just take it one day at a time. Is it hard? Hell yes! lol but totally worth every insane moment. don’t worry everything will work out.

There is nothing wrong with being pregnant again, my first 2 are only 11 months apart and my partner and i have a 7 month old now and trying again, you have plenty of time to enjoy bub now before the other comes along and if you think about it, all the things you enjoy and look forward to like their first crawl, or words you get to look forward to twice. You can love both, your a wonder mum, be proud because both bubs are a blessing :heart::heart:

My daughter was 8 months old when I found out I was pregnant again. At first is was kinda hard but once I got both of them into a routine it got better. Then when my youngest was able to start crawling it got hard again because he would get into stuff and my daughter knew she wasn’t supposed to but when she seen him do it she would do it too. Now they are 6(almost 7 years old) and 8( just turned 8 years old a few days ago) and they are so supportive of each other when I’m not around like on the school bus or at school they are there for each other. At home they do argue with each other but the good times out weigh the bad ones. Like when my oldest started preschool she was fine and loved it, the following year my youngest started preschool and hated it. The first week I would have to go up there and calm him down and he would finally calm down enough to stay. They almost had him stop preschool and wait till kindergarten but his teacher had the idea to bring my oldest in the class early in the morning and let them eat breakfast in there together then go to their classes and my youngest was fine then. He realized that his sister was there too and she loved it. My kids started school at 3 because of speech problems so for my youngest first year in school him and his sister were both in preschool but in different classes, that was my oldest 2nd year in preschool. Even now on the bus if something happened to one the other one is right there to help no matter what it is.

it will pass. mothers have an unmatched resilience, the hard times will pass, you will cry but you will get up. everything is gonna be okay :heartbeat:

What a blessing mama! You’ll be fine & they will end up being good mates. My 2 boys are 4 & 5 with birthdays a couple weeks apart & now my baby is almost 10mths old & I’m 12wks pregnant. It’s busy, it’s chaotic at times but it’s so much love, laughter & entertainment.

My grand kid did that on her 3rd kid youll live she had a 4 year old then 3 years laterva new born then found out shes preg. Again lol but theybare great kids and shes doing good lol

We have a 4mo old and found out im pregnant! 11 mo shouldnt be too bad ot takes 9mo to have a baby

My oldest is 9, my second baby just turned 2 and my third baby is 8 months (16 months between #2&3) I love their bond and big bro loves his baby sis and baby bro! Good luck you’ll get the hang of things and you will become a great multi tasker lol once you get a routine going things will seem easier!