I found out I am pregnant again and need advice and kind words

My kids are 17 months apart and what works for my husband and I is each taking care of one kid so here usually does diapers and cuddles with our toddler and I have the baby. Wedd do switch off for at least an hour or two a day.

If you want it this way have it, there are options. Do what’s best for your life and mental health

Take it one step at a time . trust your gut. And always make atleast 10 mins a day for mommy

My kiddos are 13 months apart and I absolutely love it. It was a shock when we found out but our kids are so close and love each other. My youngest is 1 1/2 years old and I am now pregnant (surprise) 5 months along. Again we are so excited. All of our kids are close in age but it works great for us. You can do it too. Good luck :blush:

I have 4 boys but soon number four be here. But there 5, 2&1. It’s hard but it does get easier. Once u get a routine going.

I found out I was pregnant with my second about the same time, I was about 6 weeks while my first was 11/12 months old! I too was terrified, and felt so guilty. BUT the further along I got, when my belly started to pop out, I would explain to my daughter that she was going to be a big sister and that there was a baby in my belly, and the love that she showed my belly just made everything feel ok. She was so excited to be a big sister. And now they are 6 and 4 1/4 and are inseparable! You’ve got this and everything will fall into place :heart:

A great challenge for a new mom. My granddaughters are less than a year apart. It takes a village to raise them up. Seek fellowship at a bible based church…allow God to guide you. Truly children are blessings

I have 5 under 5, yes it’s hard, but it’s easier than you’d think. Once you settle into a routine, it’ll feel like you’ve done it your whole life. Wish you luck :heart:

You got this mama. They will just grow together and love each other. When you need help ask!! It’s good to have a good support system so you don’t get burn out.

1 Like

My two sons were that close and I was young but I did it if you have help from family or friends you can do it

It’s scary but two is so much fun!! You will do great. You will also never be on time for anything again. You’re head will hurt from the bickering and then you’re heart will explode with love watching those two people you’ve created be sweet with each other. It’s easier and harder. Easier because you’ve been a mom before, they have another person they will be super into. Harder because oh my goodness how many choking hazards can pop up with a toddler!? And again the time thing is less than stellar at times but just own it.
You will do an amazing job mama❤️ welcome to the bittersweet days of having one baby until you’re world gets just a little more confusing but also a little more full of love

1 Like

Mine are 14 months apart and honestly it’s hard but it’s also amazing they have a best friend for life and they will look out for each other mine are one and two and they already comfort and protect each other xxx

I found out I was pregnant again when my 1st was only 8 or 9 months old! Its scary but definitely doable. Get little one excited about the baby that helps tremedously when it comes time for baby. I would rather have them close than ljke 4 or 5 years apart. I am 4 years older than my older younger sibling (if that made any sense lol) and we had a hard time connecting because of the gap.

You will be fine love x meant to happen for a reason just enjoy your kids xx

My first two are 17 months apart and it was hard at first but they are best friends now at 4&5! My third is exactly 2 years younger than my second and even she is starting to really play with them and they all love each other so much. I’m pregnant with my 4th and they’ll be 2&1/2 years younger than my third and I can’t wait to see the bond between them all and the new baby❤️

I had my first two children a year and two days apart. My third was born 15 months after my second. Although it seems impossible, it is not. Finding out you’re pregnant so close together is scary. And having three children in diapers (because regression happens when each new baby comes along) is exhausting. Yet, the bond my babies share is soooo worth it. Congratulations momma! You’ve got this! :heart:

Mine are 13.5 months apart. You learn how to make it work with them. I wouldn’t have it any other way. :heart:

1 Like

I have an 11 month old and I’m
24 weeks pregnant. I get nervous thinking about the first year, but it’s going to be so much fun having them close together and getting through that diaper stage at once. Lol! Just breath and take it one day at a time.

I have twins so all I know is two babies lol, You will adjust as you go just like if you had both from the beginning. You’ve got it! Congratulations

1 Like

My first 2 are 18mths apart. It was challenging trying to find a new routine that fit both babies as well as myself. But once we got into our new groove, it was easier. They are now 4 and 5 and pretty close. They love doing everything together, dress alike, and are total besties. They fight a lot some days and I lose a bit of my sanity(I also have a 10mth old too)but I love that they are so close. If I could handle another myself right now, I’d totally have another close in age with my youngest so she could have a bestie. Thank goodness my mom is adopting her Foster son who is only 5mths older than my youngest so she can have him as a bestie. Lol. I know it’s scary thinking you cant love another child as much as your first(I had a lot of those same worries when I was pregnant with my second)but you absolutely can. Things will be okay.

Get fixed or keep you legs closed

1 Like

I had two kids right after each other they r a yeah and a half apart it was easy they r now 10 and 11 and i have a 1and a half year old that’s hard going back to baby stage while other kid’s are so old and independent mostly so yes better to have them closer in age

I had twins when my oldest was 14M old. It was an adjustment in the beginning, but now the twins are 2 and she is 3 I absolutely love it. The bond they share from being so close in age is such an irreplaceable thing. If I had it to do over, is do it just the same.

Advice. Buckle up cause it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. But oh so worth it. The new baby will make your older one seem huge and grown up. Congrats and love them littles while they’re little!

Just take it easy I got pregnant when my daughter was 9 months it was a pleasure he was beautiful it doesn’t get hard til they are 4 1/2 and 3

But with support u can handle anything

My youngest are 23 months apart. We do everything in pairs and thrive on routines. They are 4 and 2 years and now I’m so glad they have each other to play with.

1 Like

I had 2 13 mths apart my daughter has 3 13mths and 11 mths apart they are now 9 10 11

I had two children in 1yr and 3 wks planned never regretted having them so close hard work at 1st but u soon adjust x

My 2 youngest are 9 months apart, I became pregnant 2 months after giving birth and my baby was born at 29 weeks. You’ll have to leave them crying while attending the other… mine are both still small… I’m guessing it’ll get harder when they’re both walking tho.

I had twins and two children who were 16 months apart and I don’t regret any of it. They have close relationships with each other.

My girls are 7 and 8. It was actually very easy to raise them together. They ate together. Bathe together. Did everything together. They still do. You’ll do great! Congratulations

1 Like

Remember baby isn’t coming tomorrow you have a ways to prepare and er your mind accept it everything will be fine

I had a 7 month old…found out i was 15 weeks pregnant…was stressed but it was somewhat easy…had its moments…but they are the best of friends…i get asked often if they are twins…they arent but are the same age for about 3 weeks…but its got its ups and downs…its alot easier getting into and sticking to a routine…

I had my youngest two 13 months apart. You do definitely adjust. What I use to do was bathtime together, bed time together , everything done at the same time. That was just me and how it worked for us , I was a single mom so scheduling was key . Best of luck momma , you got this :muscle::muscle::muscle:

LOVE seeing all the support!!! It will be hard but not impossible! Hopefully you have a good support system. You got this mamma! Good luck

I have an 11 month old and am currently pregnant I’m 10 weeks so everyone’s comments helped me be a little bit more calm about it thank you for commenting on this post it helped me too

You’ll get the hang of having two. I have two close in age and was terrified but it’s so worth it. Theyll be super close

Planned Parenthood has counselors to help with these decisions.

6 Likes

I don’t have any advice yet as I’m 23 weeks pregnant with my second and terrified. To make you feel better though, I got pregnant 6 weeks post partum so at least you had nearly a year there. :joy: good luck!:heart:

I actually found the transition from one to two fairly easy. You already lack sleep it’s not a huge shock to your system. You got this.

1 Like

Just think how close in age they will be and grow up as best friends. My brother is 13 months younger than me and we were super super close. Take time to think of the positives and focus less on the negative

1 Like

My 2 older kids are only 12 months and 16 days apart! Therefore, my oldest daughter was only 4 months old when I got pregnant again! It is a little challenging at first, but its nothing you can’t handle! They are now 3 and 4 and they are the best of friends!

My second came 3 years after our first and the 3rd less than a year later❤ it doesnt necessarily get harder, just takes a little more thought out planning before tackling anything😁 the new baby is bound to develop faster because of such a close example!

It’s not near as hard as people make it out to be. Will it be challenging at times, yes of course everything is. But your kids will be close.

2 Likes

Im a first time parent and have twins…chill. Just make sure u get appointments and so on

Read philippians 4: 6-7. :hugs:

1 Like

I’m pregnant with baby number 2 as well and my oldest will be 4 in December and I’m a bit scared myself knowing I’ll have 2 girls and figuring out how to juggle everything. All I can say Is good luck because I’m right there too only I’m at the end of my pregnancy. But I think you’ll do great.

You will worry and freak out until that new precious baby is in your arms and then just like that you will figure it out. Take it one day at a time and things will all fall into place.

5 Likes

At the end of the night when both are finally asleep and you can look back on the day and their sleeping faces youll realize most of the “difficulty” comes from overthinking and not really being overwhelmed.

3 Likes

I’m a mom of 3. My first 2 are 364 days apart. Its exhausting and so satisfying. It’s really fun. Every baby is born with a loaf of bread under their arm.

1 Like

You will get the hang of it. I have a 3 and 2 year old. And a 7 week old. It is challenging at times but so worth it. Good luck momma and congratulations!

3 Likes

You’ll cope just like the millions of women who have done it before you.
We are woman we are fucking bosses!!!
We make shit happen coz we have to

I got pregnant by choice when my first born was around 8 or 9 months old. Best decision of my life!!! They are best friends. It’s really not as bad as some people make it seem. If you’re a mama to one, you can handle being a mama to two! You got this :muscle:t3:

17 Likes

You will make it work. Close in age is hard early on but the will be the best of friends and keep each other entertained

4 Likes

You will do fine I raised 2 boys that were 11 months apart while on birth control and they are in there 40’s now have faith you got this

1 Like

Can I ask what birth control you were taking? Name and dose etc?

You got this. Do not be afraid to ask for help nd also take it day by day and make sure you have a little time for yourself. I have a 2 year old and 15 month old its rough at times but so worth having them this close in age. Congrats

My 2 are 4 years apart and I wasn’t ready even then! My youngest is now almost 2 and it’s still some getting used to. It’s nice that they have each other to play with though.

1 Like

Now they will have a sibling to play with! It can be tricky balancing all the schedules but it also makes it easier because they will have eachother to entertain and play with one another. Plus it’s amazing to see the oldest take on being a big sister/brother! Mine are just shy of 2 years apart and are thicker then thieves <3

My 2 girls are 18 months apart. There are trying moments for sure, but honestly the being sooo tired during the pregnancy was the worst part. Now they are best friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Best of luck to you!

1 Like

I have a 8,4,3,18mo and 1 mo old… it’s tiring but so worth it. Just a little adjustment, but if you can handle one, you got this! So much easier the second time around

1 Like

I have 3 under 3. It’s not too bad! You adapt. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’ve got this Mama! I had the same thing happen and now I have two amazing little boys who I couldn’t imagine my life without.

They will play together be best friends wrestle protect each other but most of all love each other. You will enjoy them close together. Smile it’s gonna be GREAT

1 Like

The transition from one to two isn’t that bad… my daughters are 10 years apart and I thought with the huge age gap would be difficult but it isn’t at all… you can do this :muscle:

My kids are 2 years and 3 days apart and it was fine but not that they are 5 and 7 all they do is fight with each but there is times they can get along and it’s wonderful. I wasn’t ready with my youngest but I wouldn’t change it at all

1 Like

One day at a time, definitely ask for help when you need it, make sure to take time for you. Good luck lady❤️

My little girl born Aug 2016 and my little man born Sep 2017… they are best friends and absolutely love each other! :heart::heart:

1 Like

I would have rather had my kids closer in age like that! Mine are 5 years apart and fight like cats and dogs! It’ll be harder when they’re younger but from what I’ve noticed it’s easier once they’re older and close in age.

Congratulations! I found out I was pregnant with my youngest when my oldest was 3 months old. I was so scared but my babies are closer than ever! It’s not as hard as they make it out to be. It can be challenging at times. They are exactly 11 months apart.

Hey hunni! I have a seventeen month old and I am ten weeks and 5 days pregnant. You have got this!! You will be okay!! Just remember, you will have your bad days but then you’ll get into the swing of things and you’ll kick absolute arse, maintain a routine!! If you ever need to talk / you can message me. :two_hearts:

You’ll adjust and you can do it cause Mammas are fierce and adaptive! It will probably feel like one really long pregnancy and baby years but you got this!

I wish mine were born closer my our seven years apart made a difference the oldest was to busy for his brother most of the time

There is no perfect age gap. I have 4. 15,7,3, and 5 months.

Hardest was going 3 to 4 kids.

Taking it day by day.

You got this :wink:

1 Like

My two girls are 11 months apart. Best friends forever. Occupied each other while little. Give it some time and you will be glad you did it this way.

Mine are also 20 months apart. I enjoy it because I hadn’t “forgotten” newborn stuff and they’re so close. Hang in there. :heartpulse:

dont worry, you’ll be fine and more amazing days ahead. i was raising my daugther alone since her father working overseas (shes 1.8y.o) when i found out i was almost 6months pregnant.

Those fears are totally justified. I had those thoughts too. Mine are just over 2yrs apart. You can keep an eye out for a double stroller but they are bulky. I have found having the oldest in a normal stroller and baby wearing the younger was easier.

I switched from a messenger style diaper bag to a backpack. My wallet in the front pocket, 4-5 diapers, small container/Ziploc bag of wipes, 1 outfit per kid, a bottle of water (to mix with formula), and some formula premeasured in a bottle all in the main/large part of the backpack. Sippy cup on one side (outside lil cupholder part of backpack) and a travel cup of cereal puffs on the other side.

My oldest can walk, youngest not yet. I put the youngest in the car first having the oldest stand beside me until done. Then I go buckle her in. Then reverse it to get them out.

That’s all my hacks that I can think of. You will get it…you will find what works best for you and yours. Mine are 3 and just turned 1. I feel like (for the moment) I have a hang on things but I know it will change as they develop then we will figure it out again. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I had twins at 18 lol you will be okay im 24 now w 5 kids. Ages 6 2 1 and 1m old

my Sil got pregnant when her LO is 3mo and she had c section :smirk::smirk::smirk: u can do it. just take good care f urself

I freaked out worrying about this very thing; it’s not overwhelming IMO - it’s just the learning curve of trying to juggle the needs of both babes and being fair with your time to the older sibling - I expected a horror movie but it’s just taxing :sweat_smile:

My boys are 15 months apart, they were basically twins but what really really helped was getting them both on a schedule so they can both nap at the same time and give you at least an hour to yourself.

You quickly adjust. The first 2-3 months are pretty hard but the time flies. Mine are almost 14 months apart and I sometimes wish I had thought to get pregnant with #3 soon too. It’s so fun seeing them grow together and help each other. They love each other so much it’s amazing.

They’re going to be very close. Some days are really hard bc they will fight as siblings naturally do but make up 5 mins later. My boys are 3-4 and are like cats and dogs most days but love each other like crazy. Now they have a new little sister and they’ve gotten along a lot better bc they’re both worried about her all the time

My babies are a year and 14 days apart… and I ended up leaving my ex while pregnant with my son (my youngest) due to some pretty crappy stuff going on… i was all alone and had a 1 and 4 year old! I was terrified!!! Each day I cried thinking how am I going to do this… but each day I did it!! It will be scary as crap at first but I promise that mommy instinct is going to kick in and you will rock it out!!! Just by asking this question shows your concern and shows you care so I have 110% faith you will do amazing mama!

1 Like

Girl the more the merrier. You adjust and will realize how much joy your kiddos will bring you. I’m a crazy mom of 6 wonderful children at the age of 34. Mine are 15,12,11,10,4,1. None were ever planned and a few were conceived while I was in BC so they all were a surprise. I will say having them closer in age is way easier then spreading them out plus they have a companion to play with.

Get lots of rest.i got pregnant when my baby was 5 months…I’m not going to lie…its hard for me…and I have two older kids so a told of 4…but they babies share everything…even sicknesses …2 and 1 years old now .but it is a blessing…you watch them grow together. Play together love each others and of course fight each others you’ll do great…just dont forgot ur to take time for urself and breath

Mine will be 11 months apart lol help me please

I had one in 2013, 2015 & 2016 (I had an IUD when I got pregnant with 3rd). At times it’s challenging no doubt, but you’re a mom now. You’ll be fine- we are much stronger than we give ourselves credit. Don’t beat yourself up when things are perfect or compare your family to some idealized fantasy. If someone is offering you help, even to watch them for 10 minutes while you shower, LET THEM!

Doesnt birth control is 100%???..could a female get pregnant while on birth control or other contraceptives method??

1 Like

My best advice for 2 close together is get a good double stroller, a baby carrier that doesnt kill your back, and a big backpack style diaper bag. Aside from that you will be fine. Itll be a little difficult when baby is a newborn but they will occupy each other and be best friends! My first 2 are 15 months apart and my youngest 2 are 27 months apart. Currently in the hospital with my youngest and my 3 yo is missing his little brother more than he is missing me lol

Mine are 16 months apart. I currently have an 18 month old and a 2 month old. Hopefully you have people to help because it makes a big difference. But even if not you can do it. Some days I’m tired and just wish I didn’t have 2 screaming kids at once. But I know it won’t last forever, and when they’re both happy and smiling at me after I resolve the crying… it just makes me smile back at them knowing I’m doing the right thing. But this is also the reason I am getting my tubes tied because I’m good. :rofl: You will be just fine.

1 Like

U never feel like u can do it, but that’s what makes mama’s so damned amazing! We don’t know how we will but we always do. Relax and u will be just fine

My girls are 17 mo apart and they are SO FUN. It’s challenging at the beginning but wow is it fun.

1 Like

I’m 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my second and my son is only 7 months and 15 days.

My oldest was 6 months old when I found out #2 was on the way. There is no advice I could give you besides you just do it. But please remember self care is extremely important!

Each baby is a blessing and you fall in love with each one. I found it easier with my second as I had already gotton some of the routine down and baby number 2 and 3 just adjusted to the routine.

My son is 1 1/2 & I’m due in March with a babygirl & I couldn’t be more excited to watch them grow up together to be best friends :two_hearts: my son always kisses my belly & says “sissy” all the time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a 15 month old and a 2 month old and its terrifying and busy and really really hard… and totally worth it. no question about it.