I found out my man has been cheating: Advice?

If you aren’t with him anymore as your post states then you’ve already started the healing journey. Make sure your daughter and he continue to see each other. Their relationship is important. Sometimes we have to bend over backwards to facilitate the visits but it’s about what’s best for the child not us right? Never talk bad about him to your child or within hearing of your child or let others talk bad about him when she’s around( kids hear way more than you give credit for) accept that she will need to develop a relationship with his girlfriend. Do not talk bad about her either. Your daughter should not have to choose sides. There is never too much love in your child’s life.
Get counselling for both of you if you think either of you need it. Personally I would definitely suggest counselling for them if your daughter is upset with her dad so they can repair their relationship if it’s damaged. Make sure she knows you both love her and that none of this is her fault as kids tend to think they did something to precipitate a break up. Good luck in your future

6 Likes

Walk away with dignity and respect for yourself. Your daughter will know you made the right decision.

1 Like

Been there. 12 years together, married for 9.75 of those years. Have a 7 year old together.

Left the shite out of him.

Cut ties and only talk when it has to do with your kid. Explain to your kid that sometimes things just don’t work out

4 Likes

Leave him that is so simple. 18 months into a new relationship. Wow

1 Like

Never put your child in an adult situation, share custody if he is a. Good father and you my dear love yourself enough to say goodbye and be happy with your daughter. 2 homes is better then 1 broken home your daughter with time will understand that as well

4 Likes

prayers for God’s hand upon your situation.

2 Likes

I can’t tell you what to do about this situation.
But moving forward.

Men know in six months whether they want to marry you or not.
12 years not disguarding your daughter
But 12 yrs is a long time to be in a relationship with anybody.
You trusted him loved him had his child and I’m sure you have done plenty more.
Just to be lied to and cheated on

Unless you don’t want to be married don’t spend more than 3 yrs in the girlfriend zone.
We as women once we get the label of girlfriend we are exclusive.

But me see the girlfriend zone as their pass to see and do whatever and who ever they want

Move on since when your child is older, she will understand.

1 Like

I’m Sorry this happened to you. It seems like you’re definitely trying to move on. It was a long time relationship and breaking up the way it did is like a death. Your grieving. In time You will get past it. Continue to be a good mom to your child… This will Pass.

1 Like

Get checked for STD’s! Talk to an attorney!Get proof for court so you can clean him out!- Then leave asap., Do not look back no matter how “sorry” he says he is! You and your daughter deserve better!

1 Like

If you love him you may consider reconciliation. If you don’t then go your separate ways.

1 Like

My first husband and I were married in 1974. I was 18 and he was 28. I didn’t know that he had 2 other women as well. I found out about one of them in 1979, when she brought her baby to my house looking for my husband. We sat down and talked. I ended up kicking him out, and changing the locks so he couldn’t get in while I was at work. Your best bet is just to walk away. They won’t or can’t change, and they will cheat, always.

1 Like

Dump him, and start child support.

1 Like

He cheated on both you and his daughter at the end of the day. When she’s older she will understand

3 Likes

Mine cheated with my best friend, married 13 years, left and never looked back. Now with a wonderful man for 16 years

7 Likes

Get your daughter therapy. Get a custody order done.
Move on.
Do not take your anger out on her bykeeping her from him. Put I strongly advise getting a custody agreement done.

2 Likes

dumping him was the right thing to do

1 Like

This wasn’t a mistake if it was going on for a year and a half am sorry to say !! Hold your head high and walk away ! You don’t deserve to be disrespected , you deserve happiness yourself xx best of luck x

1 Like

18 months!! Dump his sorry ass

You are better off alone than being a doormat! Your daughter will get over it! Live your best life and move on!

1 Like

Mine cheated 11 of the 12 years I was with him…I stayed cause he was abusive and threatened to kill me if I lwft and took all my self esteem…however had he not been so abusive I would have left him…no reason at all to cheat!

3 Likes

I’d leave and stay away. Cheating is bad enough but long term? After a year that’s not an affair it’s a relationship. He doesn’t love or respect you.

Also I get your kid I’d hurt but she’ll understand one day. Think about what kind of example you’re setting for her? Do you want her to learn it’s okay to let someone treat you that wya

Focus on yourself and your child now. Give yourself all the love he couldn’t give you. Tell her that sometimes parents don’t always stay together, but you both love her the same as before.

If all else fails - tell him to look after her for a while and go have a wild girls night. It’s your time to be absolutely shameless. You deserve it.

Leave, or better yet, have his stuff sitting outside when he comes home next time he is out. Do NOT stay because of children. It only teaches them its okay to be cheated on, lied to, used and abused.

2 Likes

Sorry but you’ll need to start a new life with your child. What a louse. File for custody and child support.

4 Likes

Leave him and get support. Better, tell him to leave. Then he can find a new place. Be nice but tough. File for Child support.

A year and a half is not a moment of indiscretion. He’s living a double life. Have you ever seen that show called, “Snapped” on Discovery ID.:grin: j/k

3 Likes

Own your self worth, so your daughter will one day too.

3 Likes

I kind of went thru the same thing. Kick him to the curb. He wants his cake and to eat it too! He’s immature and doesn’t really respect and love you. He’s playing games. Get him out of your life because life is too short. Sure it hurts, you think you can’t make it, but you will. Stay strong and pray.

I’m sorry your baby daddy or whatever disappointed your kid but there is no reason for you to imply that his shitty life choices were a decision you made. Feel free to stop telling your kid any of this is your doing

Leave. Not worth it. Any person that cheats will never change and also if they really cared for you they wouldn’t have done it in the first place

Teach your daughter that is unacceptable behaviour! No man should do that to a woman! Stay strong for both of you!

3 Likes

Really!? … you really need to ask!? :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

l get paid over $ 177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20153 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://incomeprojects25.pages.dev/

You can do this alone… X get your family n friends around and have them chat help you… X

1 Like

You only know of the year and a half. Think of all the other women he sampled before finding her. Slash 2 tires on his vehicle, key it, maybe accidentally put a ball bat through the windshield and sharpie his name and number for good times in bar bathrooms.

Or…

Get an STD screening and start the custody process and get your assets in line to be single.

4 Likes

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18591 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning293.pages.dev/

Physical and mental abuse is a good enough reason for me!!!

2 Likes

It’s over grow up move on! Adult make it worse for the child by not moving on! Be healthy

2 Likes

It hurts and it’ll continue to hurt but u deserve better. Kick him to the curb! If he can hide it for a year, and u take him back, imagine what he’ll do. If he said sorry, he’s only sorry because he got caught otherwise he would have told u asap

1 Like

In some states you can actually sue the other girl or man for damages!

2 Likes

You’d have to be done because logically that’s the only thing your aware hes done atm right. Get a court order to sort out the child you pick yourself up and you move on cheating is not about us remember this. He had a party you were not invited this is not on you.

1 Like

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18591 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning320.pages.dev/

People make mistakes, people face temptation, and sometimes they just don’t say no. HOWEVER, a year and a half is not an indiscretion, or a mistake, that is a choice. He actively chose to cheat for a year. That’s not something you forgive and work through. You’re doing the right thing by just moving on. He made his choice and it was not you. Find someone who chooses you, always, and even when they mess up they can own it and make it right. Good luck!

6 Likes

Better you found out now,put his stuff in black garbage bags on the curb,not on the porch or in the house,on the curb

2 Likes

its time to let him go a girl he has been with a year i would never stay with him he will always be a cheater if you do not kick him to the curb

That’s not a matter of what I would do - it’s a matter of what I wouldn’t. And I definitely wouldn’t be staying

2 Likes

Don’t stay together for/because of the child.

1 Like

I’ve known this feeling, but in the end it did me a favour as I realised he’d never change as he had cheated in every relationship he ever had, I’d been with my ex almost 16 years and had 4 children together and he had cheated on me numerous times each time he swore he’d never do it again, I believed every lie that came out his mouth, then I found out he had fathered children with a friend of mine at the time bearing in mind me and that friend had been pregnant at the same time lol I found out in 2020 about their relationship and had turned out it had been going on many years before that on and off and during which time he’d also been sleeping with other women to.
I realised in the end I deserved better and there was no point trying to change him but I found a new partner that treats me the way a woman’s meant to be treated, he don’t believe in cheating and he’s helped me heal from all the past trauma with my ex and we are currently expecting our second child together, there was times I believed I didn’t deserve to be happy and I must have done something wrong to be treated so badly but I now know the problem wasn’t me… he was always the problem, if you ever need anyone to talk to my inbox is always open xx

7 Likes

Kick him out or you leave. Don’t say for kids. They see the tension between you and him. He won’t change. I’d bet there’s more than one woman.

2 Likes

Don’t take the blame. Explain to your daughter that it wasn’t you that wanted out of relationship it was her daddy that didn’t want to be with you. Put that shit on him. Obviously explain appropriately for your child’s age.

Once a cheater always a fucking cheater

Woah…DO NOT let her take it out on you. He is obviously in the wrong. There is NO excuse for a man to cheat on his wife or a woman he is with and has been living with for years and has children with. He needs to leave before he does that. Are you not giving him what he wants sex? Cooking? Attention? Maybe that’s one of the problems. But since he has cheated and it’s with the same woman for that long. Im sure they have something strong going on.

Your kid will be fine. Of course kids want their parents together , thats natural. Do what’s best for you.

1 Like

Get tested for stds. do you really want him back? I promise there are other men who will never treat you like that, you daughter deserves to see you with someone better.

8 Likes

you are so much better off once a cheater always a cheater

3 Likes

Leave him in the dust; there are better men out there!!

3 Likes

It’s time to go. You have to focus on healing you and doing better for you and your kid. Be done with him and move on. The kid may not like the fact you two aren’t together but that isn’t your fault, HE chose to step out. Staying with a cheater teaches your kids that is ok, and it isn’t. You gotta love and respect yourself enough to walk away.

4 Likes

Idk what to say. Me and my husband have 8 kids. I found out in 2019 that he had a whole other relationship with another woman for atleast 4 years. We split for awhile (like 6-8 weeks) and went to therapy together and I’d be lying if I said things were 100% better yet, they’re a lot better, but it’s taken a lot of work on both our parts for things to get to the point that they have. I feel for you mama. I really do. A big part of things is you need to decide if you can forgive him. Because if you can’t, atleast mostly forgive him, it’s not going to work. It’s hard leaving, but it’s harder trying to rebuild that relationship IMO. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

No way would I be staying,

1 Like

A cheater always a cheater moved on hopefully you’ll find a nice man the will treat you right prayers :pray:t4::heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry that is devastating being together 12 years is a long ass time , but no matter how long or what tou have together you still deserve respect n commitment , a yr n half long affair is grounds for leaving I wish you the best n thinking about you n your daughter.

You say, in a relationship!! You settled for it and he’s available to come and go!!

A year and a half??? Girl I think you already know what to do. It’s gonna be hard to hear your baby want you together, but just because you aren’t doesn’t mean she can’t see her father. He might have been a scum bag to you, but if he’s a good daddy, let her have time with him as well. I would try to go ahead and get some kind of custody agreement in writing in case anything were to become nasty between you two.

Once a cheater always a cheater, and they’ll definitely try to Manipulate and say it’s all in your head.

Kids will always want there parents together, but as long as he wasn’t physically abusive to you or your daughter she can have visitation rights to see her dad and all but also depends on the dad too. You deserve much better than a cheater there’s others out there that won’t do that it’s a matter of finding the right one

2 Likes

Focus on me is what I would do… continue to grind… continue being a great mother great sister great friend…life DONT stop be cause he was not the man you thought he was…

1 Like

My parents were together for 20+ years when my dad had a girl friend for 3.5 years and had a baby with her she was an addict and their baby went straight to foster care. So my mom and dad got counseling and adopted the baby , and that was 16 years ago. They still together now going on 37 years maybe 38.

4 Likes

I was with a guy 16 years who cheated and when I found out I left him I even called the woman he was cheating with and told her to come over I’m leaving she can have him .

Leave and learn to be happy alone. Your daughter will motivate you to keep doing your best. You deserve better and you can do this all on your own. I believe in you! Good luck

1 Like

This is not your fault, it’s all his fault. He cost your daughter to hurt. But 12 years and he ain’t marry u yet. That was a red flag on its own hun.:triangular_flag_on_post: I pray God give you and your daughter the strength to go on

1 Like

He needs to go…. He will never stop cheating. Explain to daughter it is unacceptable to be treated this way

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s time to move on hun. Focus on YOU and your healing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I did my research correctly, i must confess nobody handles cryptocurrency as Mrs Elizabeth James does i’ve had the privileged of working and investing with her and i must say she’s the best

I alone won’t express how thankful I’m to you, for connecting me to your platform it has been a good opportunity for me and my family thank you have

I now believe in stock trading after withdrawing my profit through the help of Mr’s Elizabeth James . I really appreciate all her effort and support thanks to her… click on the link below to contact her you too can benefit from her platform just like me all you need to do is to reach out to her
:paintbrush::paintbrush::paintbrush:

I’m proud to say I’m among the people benefiting from online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Elizabeth James shows for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She elavates me financially, Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs. Elizabeth James with the links down here and testify like me :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

What would Lorena bobbit do :+1:t2::rofl:

It’s very important for your daughter to see how she should be treated. She won’t understand right now but in the end you have to set a good example for her. I’m sorry this has happened.

1 Like

What do you mean you don’t know what to do?!
What advice do you need?!
I would 100% run the F away. Never look back. He doesn’t love you. Don’t waste anymore of your time.

1 Like

I’m in the opposite situation.