I found tarot cards in my daughters room: Advice?

I found some tarot card and crystals in my daughters room when i was putting her laundry away and while i do not have a problem with his and support whatever path she chooses to walk…her father is a pastor and i know he will think of this as the “devil getting her”…but i dont like hiding things from him and idk what to do with what i found…should i say something to him or let her do her thing and hope he never finds out

323 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I found tarot cards in my daughters room: Advice?

Don’t read too much into it… it’s no big deal… let her be her own person… if she wants you both to know she’ll tell you

3 Likes

Talk to your daughter first.

6 Likes

Sorry to say but it’s none of ur business and u should let her be the one to tell him when shes ready u dont want to lose her trust maybe talk to her about it and see what’s going on

16 Likes

Talk to her, she should be the one to tell him.

leave it alone… forcing someone to follow certain spiritual guidance can back fire… im sorry your spouse is a pastor, but forcing religion is why alot of people don’t do religion & church in situations like this…

13 Likes

Let her have tarot cards. Not everyone raised with religion believes in it. Let her choose instead of taking what she enjoys.

10 Likes

Its a phase all girls are into crystals and cards right now including my daughter all her friends and my neices

2 Likes

Ma’am come on now is it really that serious my daughter has Taro cards she knows how to do spells over the house for protection etc. prosperity with little flowers  and egg shells she believes in evil eye and she is into manifesting and meditating who cares they’re kids like really who cares and you know sometimes things are better off not known you don’t have to tell your husband anything clearly you know what he’s like why would you do that to your daughter ma’am this is not a big deal I promise you you’re blowing it way out of proportion. I can only imagine when you find a condom or something all house gonna break this please let your daughter be the scrutinizing and her dad as well and you keep telling her that everything she’s gonna end up with any both of you before you know it just saying

3 Likes

It’s a stage they’re going through. I guarantee she’ll be bored with it in no time. My daughter has cards and crystals. They haven’t been touched in months. Just a few more months then I can toss them.

1 Like

Talk to her. Let her know her Dads and your views. Then let her decide.

Just leave it be as she’s exploring who she is, she’ll prob try lots of different things.

3 Likes

Your daughter is just finding things that interest her.
Tarot cards are NOT the devil’s work.
Your child is expressing herself and that’s all it should be seen as.

10 Likes

I can speak to u in private if u like this is a sensitive topic and wat I have to say won’t be received in a good accord to many…i will even quote the bible

7 Likes

Sounds like she’s a spiritual kid, which is awesome. Tarot cards and crystal girls are always the nicest humans I’ve met. This is like finding a cross in your kids room when you’re atheist. None of your business what she follows as long as she’s not harming anyone, and her beliefs are still humane and kind.

31 Likes

Let her choose her own path. There is nothing wrong with being spiritual and it certainly doesn’t mean the devil has gotten her :woman_facepalming: if you allow your husband to look at her that way then you both are not practicing good parenting.

10 Likes

Let her do her own thing!!

Let her do her thing.

The more you make it a big deal, the more she will rebel.

2 Likes

Talk to your husband and let him know his beliefs don’t need to be the same as yo he daughter’s. Stay at Home Moms :fire:

7 Likes

So if she were to go to a library, would you call ahead and have them remove everything you felt he would find unsavory? Please seek the support of a educated, trained and paid professional. It sounds like you may already have a Devil problem and I can assure you it’s not in that deck of cards.

6 Likes

Take her to a local shop and show that you support her decisions.

3 Likes

I say make her start doing her own laundry

2 Likes

Let her be, watching her every step and keeping her from expressing herself in a good way only brings sneaky kids into play. It’s a phase she will be ok

Reading cards and having crystals is not evil . If she has a good heart , a gentle soul then you have nothing to worry about . Maybe read up on what exactly what crystal does what . Talk to her about hiding them a bit better and maybe let her show you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

If she’s going to practice a religion, it should be one of her choosing. Leave it alone.

9 Likes

So I’m probably gonna have the unpopular opinion here, but it is what it is. The Bible says those things are an abomination to God. Those things are doorways that allow demons to torment the people who bring them into the home and those who also live in the home. In my opinion talk to her and tell her that. Help her to understand that she’s playing with fire, so to speak. And I would tell her dad, so at the very least, he can cover it in prayer. But neither of u should be hard on her, as these things usually come about from curiousity and influence. Just explain it’s not allowed in ur home for these reasons.

45 Likes

Depends on her age. If she’s 16+ then I would talk to her and let her tell her Dad in her own time. Under 16 then, I would talk to her Dad and just let him know.

The way I view it is 16+ is where boys/girls need things kept secret from the other parent (unless 100% needing to know or the child speaks to the other parent themselves). Like talking about sexual partners, talking about sexual health, sexual jokes etc.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean its devils work. Cryatals are healing

8 Likes

If you know he will react negatively & most likely take them from her, I’d say let her be. She’s her own person. She doesn’t have to follow anyone’s footsteps, beliefs or anything else. Trying to change who she is, is only going to cause her to have anger and resentment towards y’all. She’s not harming anyone or herself.

10 Likes

I am a tarot card reader and I do not worship the devil. The quite opposite actually. I’m of pure unconditional love and kindness. It’s her path but there are consequences when it comes with divination. Some people do use them for evil, and most use it for light, to help others. Hopefully she uses it for the good.

12 Likes

Dad might not know but be assured God does…so Pray…if God is head of your home…you need to share with dad…

15 Likes

Making it a big deal and getting her in trouble for trying to be grounded in her own path is only going to make her resent organized religion more and push her away from her father.
Take it from someone raised Mormon, left at 17 and now pagan myself.

Also, I know plenty of Christian’s who use crystals and tarot.

6 Likes

You invade your daughter’s privacy for a 2nd time (by going to her dad), you may find that she hides a lot from you in the future :person_shrugging:

15 Likes

Bad vibes if used wrong. Take them out of the house right away

11 Likes

We dont own our kids, we teach them and they grow into their own person. Our job is to guide & support them. You & your husbands beliefs might not necessarily be hers. As a Christian, you shouldn’t judge her, just accept her as she is. Love her for who she is. :white_heart:

13 Likes

As a pastor he should walk in the life of support and forgiveness. To support not demand others think or believe as he does. A pastor is not judgemental or demanding. Tell him and then remind him of what his calling to Christ truly entails before he passes any judgement.

1 Like

Gee I wonder why she’s hiding it?? Any person who tells you tarot cards or crystals are related to evil or the devil bumped thier dang heads. Perhaps look into it a bit. You can be Christian and still find crystals enlightening, or just nest as they come from the earth.

33 Likes

If she is going to practice a religion it should be of her choosing. Leave her be to do her own thing. My husband is Atheist, I’m Agnostic, my 16yr old daughter enjoys crystals and tarot cards, my 13yr old is leaning to Agnostic and my youngest is to young to understand. We have a variety in our house and it should always be your child’s decision what road they want to take we shouldn’t force what we want onto them it’ll only push them away.

3 Likes

She needs to be educated on how to not open certain doors and how to close them. Playing with things like that and not knowing what you’re doing can be dangerous.

1 Like

How do tarot cards and crystals = the devil :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Unless it’s it’s crystal meth they’re the only crystals you need to worry about :joy:

23 Likes

No wonder she’s hiding it. Stop forcing religion on children, they are their own people. Tarot cards don’t mean devil worship, most don’t even believe he exists

10 Likes

It’s a piece of card stock and a rock :person_shrugging:

9 Likes

Has Nothing to do with the Devil, but the natural minerals in our bodies, that’s what the crystals are used for, & tarots, R cards,nothing more.

5 Likes

Keep your mouth shut!

5 Likes

She will rebel at some point in life. If she wants to do it , she will find a way.

What she has or is experimenting with is not evil. Talk with her and let her know that you found them. You need to speak with your husband and he should be more accepting and open.
Your daughter should not have to hide this from her father nor should you. What if you found a sex toy in her room or something indicating she was gay?

3 Likes

Talk to her before you do anything. Tell her how you feel & you both decide if dad should know. If you go to her dad first after invading her personal space - she will never forget & will just learn to hid things better & she definitely won’t confide in you in the future

2 Likes

Honesty is the best, talk to your daughter and ask why she feels she needs to hide it. Sounds like maybe there is some rebellion in it because he is a Pastor. Not for you to hide things from your husband to protect your daughter. You obviously see there is a conflict. Hit it head on and give her the opportunity to talk openly with you. Then maybe talk to your husband and prepare him so anger is not involved. He should be able to navigate his emotions if he is truly a man of God. Also depending on your daughters age it changes so much of the conversation.

1 Like

In my opinion, I think you should leave it alone. It’s not like her behavior has changed. You just happen to come across it in her room. I’m not actually sure how tarot cards + crystals = the devil. But okay. :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Maybe give her some materials or point her to someone who can make sure she’s properly educated about it and then let her do her thing.

Sounds like your husband is the one that needs to be educated. :eyes:
Both are absolutely harmless. Let her do her thing.

5 Likes

Are the tarot cards or guidance cards. There is a difference

Honestly a lot of kids are getting “into it”because it’s the new thing. I got into it and my grandma explained what it really is to me and I second thought it. I don’t believe in what all of that is but I do like crystals🤷🏽‍♀️ this could possibly be her thing too!

As a tarot reader myself and crystal collector. She will rebel if you cause her dad to flip sh^t on her. Let it go and go about your day like you were before you “found them”.

They are not the devil. It’s energy you’re reading not the devil :joy: :skull:

16 Likes

I feel sorry for your daughter. This should be a non issue.

3 Likes

Crystals are more part of a spiritual journey - than the devil. Probably why she is hiding them from you.

Crystals are apart of the earth. They are healing in nature if used the proper way. Very far from the devil - as most of the stones are for protection and warding off evil.

We live in a crazy world right now - I’d be happy my kid was open minded to learn about different practices.

It’s not drugs.

6 Likes

Info: Are you living with him or separate households? Have you spoken to your daughter about finding this? I think this information would be important. Regardless of my first question, you should sit and talk with your daughter and let her know you found and support these things. Then let her know she should tell her father because you don’t feel comfortable not telling him. And let her decide who will tell him. If you don’t live with him, then honestly it’s not anything he should be concerned about as long as it isn’t done is his home.

Ask her if she can give you a reading :black_heart:

1 Like

Black cats, step on cracks, break a mirror, spilled salt, itchy nose, tarot cards, superstitious nonsense.

So happy I was raised that I got to choose my own beliefs and never pressured… my children are free to choose as well… i wouldnt say anything… although I personally would be repulsed by someone so pushy in their religion that I would have to hide somthing so…literally innocent… I’m more scared of the pastor then the crystal toting card reading teen any day…

8 Likes

Don’t you dare say anything to him.

7 Likes

I’d protect her from her pastor dad, especially if he’s truly that ignorant that he thinks tarot cards and crystals are devil’s work.

23 Likes

Why are you going through you’re daughters stuff. Invasion of privacy. She properly hid for this reason knowing the reaction.

5 Likes

If you interfere… Your daughter may re-sent you for it. That’s what my cards said anyway

8 Likes

Going with my gut…be grateful it wasn’t oxy and condoms!!

12 Likes

Don’t tell him if he’s just going to bully her. Why would you enable that?

11 Likes

Some do not follow the orthodox religious path. I grew up southern baptist and although I have respect for others and their beliefs and will not be one to judge, I always felt out of place in church growing up. It took me many years to realize and gain the knowledge I have when it comes to different perspectives. It’s all connected. Crystals were in the Bible. Crystals in the book of revelation were referred to as describing parts of heaven and created by God. Natural, spiritual elements of earth. As far as tarot, of course ‘orthodox’ Christianity and the Bible refers to divination as a sin, evil, deceitful, etc. - BUT, divination is another way of being inspired by God. Connectedness. In many religions and spiritual practices, it’s considered a form of religious communication and a self-help and meditative tool. I could go on and on really. Many take the Bible literally, but it is so much more than that. There’s many discrepancies and no disrespect, but a lot of people are conditioned to follow certain paths at a young age not being given the opportunity or freedom to do their own research or being shunned for following what they feel most comfortable with internally. I cannot tell you now as an adult how much trauma this caused. It took much longer for me and many I’m sure to find their own path and not feel guilty about it or as if we were doing something wrong.

6 Likes

Talk to her and let her explain it to her dad. If it’s the path she wants she should be proud of it and be not have to hide it :heart: I have tarot cards and crystals

Let her do her thing.

The devil’s work is with the church…
This is 2022 for ffs.

14 Likes

I would mind my own business and act as if I had no idea! Nothing wrong with being spiritual.

4 Likes

Educate yourself and him on what they mean as opposed to what you think it means. It’s all rooted in energy and nature, not the devil.

6 Likes

You’re afraid of the man you are married to…divorce him.

2 Likes

There’s worse things out there she could be doing. I’d leave it be. At least it’s not drugs and alcohol.

As the daughter of a Roman Catholic raised father who LEFT the Church and ALL organized religions for reasons unbeknownst to me in its entirety, and a Methodist/Baptist raised mother who has never been ACTIVE expect for special occasions and homecomings … let your daughter find God/Creator/Spirit her own way. It was my mom who explained there is a thousand different Names for God, and a thousand different paths. She FINALLY asked me when I was 16, to NOT worship the devil, and at least believe in SOMETHING. She realized making me hide my books and such when company came over and force me into local churches’ functions was making me uncomfortable and angry… I’m now 37, still believing as I believe, and a mother to a four month old. My son will be raised in the same manner … find his own way… especially since my husband, his father stepped away from the Mormon church after some… trauma.

Children understand that religion is personal and private.

1 Like

The Bible actually mentions crystals (gemstones). More than once. The Garden of Eden for example. The walls of Jerusalem. The breastplate of Aaron. As far as Tarot goes, as long as she has good intentions, she is perfectly fine. She may find more comfort in these things, than she can from others or any specific religion. Definitely talk to her and just see what exactly it is she does or receives from these things. You may be surprised at what you will learn from her :blush::heart: best of luck mama, it’s definitely a hard situation giving the circumstances.

1 Like

Let her keep her secret. From you as well. The path anyone follows must be from the heart not forced. Therefore as human being it is inevitable to explore other thoughts. Experiences will shape the path she discovers for herself. Maybe she hid them out of respect.

1 Like

Please do not let your husband ruin your daughters spirit. Facebook community standards doesn’t allow me to speak freely on my thoughts on this. Tell him to back off.

1 Like

Do not say anything to her or him. Don’t let anyone try to change her path. I use to believe in god and yes I do still to an extent but when my boyfriend died while I was pregnant with our baby girl that we tried for and he never got to meet god was the LAST person I felt comfort in more so because of his accident… tarot cards, crystals and divination, witch craft saved me.

This is coming from someone who has a cross tattooed on her leg and a cross hanging from her rear view mirror even though that happend. just let her do her thing please !

I beg you. let her do her thing, she will be ok :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’m interested in how you’re married to a pastor but don’t share the same beliefs, especially something like fortune telling.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with tarot cards? Live and let live.

4 Likes

Crystals are from the earth and each one holds a specific vibration or energy.

What is God? Its universal energy who has created everything and its energy resides in everything.

The tarot cards are just a way of connecting with her higher self or god. Maybe ask her why she uses them.
It’s usually for advice.
I definitely wouldn’t tell dad. If he find them, then deal with him.

2 Likes

How old is this kid? My guess is old enough to have purchased them on her own which means she’s old enough to be doing her own laundry and probably didn’t want you finding them either. BUT… your home, your (& spouse) rules. If you and/or dad don’t approve, then you need to all sit down and explain to her that it’s not allowed in your home. If she wants to look more into that, whatever. You all need to have mutual
Respect for each other.

2 Likes

Mind your business Mama. She isn’t hurting anyone or herself so no need to tattle.

3 Likes

Let her do her thing

1 Like

Support your daughter. If he’s that mentally abusive, why are you with him? Organized Religions are toxic and abusive, period.

6 Likes

Reannon Allison look

Let her down whatever path she chooses and do not tell her father if that’s something he will intrude on her path and free will. Crystals and tarot are very beautiful things and not bad at all.

2 Likes

I’m just speaking from personal experience. My best friend growing up was Wiccan. I was not but I was interested in learning from it. Because of that though my mom tried to separate us and wouldn’t allow me to see her or learn anything there. With that being said, I retaliated against her. This is something that is so innocent though. I wouldn’t tell her Father. I know it’s hard to keep things from your spouse but sometimes, it’s what’s best for the child where you need to I feel. Preacher kids usually have it stricter and follow more strict rules which sometimes becomes a major negative affect. I know this because my mom was a PK and the stories I heard were something else. I’ve always heard this with other PKs. Do what you feel is best though.

3 Likes

Is she hurting anyone by owning cards and rocks?

2 Likes

The title is all I need to know to say STFU

If you tell him she will feel betrayed. She won’t trust you. It’s so important at that age to keep those lines of communication open so she feels safe telling you things. She is her own person. My daughter is 21 and has always had an infinity for crystals and tarot cards. It’s not my thing but I like it because she loves it. She’s been doing readings for 10 years. We’ve never had any demon possessions. Lol The whole Satanic Panic thing really misrepresented so many things. Sad really. You sound like a good mom. I’m sure you’re on her side.

1 Like

You don’t HAVE to tell him anything! Dont ruin your daughters trust like that. Just because your husband is a pastor doesn’t mean she has to follow the same religious beliefs. She has her own person. Just have a conversation with her and ask her about it without being confrontational. She’s not hurting anyone. You’re gonna hurt her by telling her dad and that will tarnish with her

6 Likes

ask her for a reading about what you should do

20 Likes

I am not sure keeping it from your husband is the best plan. Is he the type of person that can talk to your daughter w/o getting angry? Since he is a pastor, will he give her the biblical reasons in a calm, biblical perspective? Can you talk to him? Or do you think he will react angrily? Can you and him talk about this together and come up with a plan of handling? Also, kids are just curious. Kinda of a game for kids. She may be interested and next month she is on to something else. It is probably more of a game for her. But I understand what & why you are questioning what to do.

2 Likes

Michelle Morrison I’m not for telling the Dad lol but she never said she doesn’t share the same beliefs. She just said she doesn’t see a problem and supports her daughter. My grandfather was a very well know and liked respected minister. My mom is gay. My grandfather supported her but still struggled. My grandmother had no issues and supported it. Along other things my grandfather may not of cared for. You can have the same beliefs but me more open minded than your significant other.

Is it too late to safely surrender her at a fire station?
I couldn’t care less about you or your husband but she deserves better

17 Likes