I gained weight while pregnant and am insecure: Advice?

This is going to seem like an odd question, but I’m pregnant with my second baby right now. I’m 5’3 and about 155-160 pounds. When I was pregnant with my son, I weighed about 125-130 so. I started showing pretty quickly, and my bump was super cute. After having my son, I have a bit of a “mom tummy.” So I already have a little pudge there, and I’m just worried and insecure about how it may look with my bump this time. (Like me looking a lot bigger than before) I plan to lose all my baby weight after this baby, and I’ve gained no weight so far (I’m only 12 weeks). Dr. Doesn’t seem concerned about me being overweight. I guess I could just use some reassurance that me being insecure is normal, and I’m not alone.

15 Likes

You’re not alone. Diet culture makes us all insecure about our bodies on purpose.

Building a human is a lot of work. I hope you can find ways to love your changing body because you are a badass, Mama, and your body is strong and capable of miracles.

4 Likes

Babies change a women.Our goals and our bodies.Got to exercise and be careful but not way to much.Kids grow up…

2 Likes

I loved being pregnant and eating . I always gained a considerable amount of weight and never cared. But I didn’t eat the candy and pop :blush: Pregnancy is a beautiful part of life. Just enjoy yourself it comes off.

1 Like

I gained with my first one too and didn’t lose the weight. I was over 200lbs when I got pregnant with my 2nd. I know how you feel.

Celebrate your blessed condition!! I loved being pregnant. It was the only time in my life I wasn’t insecure about my body. I think pregnant women are so beautiful. They glow with radiance of the life force inside the. If doc isn’t worried, you should relax and let nature take its course. I don’t know how you feel about breastfeeding. I nursed all my babys and the weight just fell off. With my daughters I lost twenty five additional pounds. You are beautiful and your baby needs you to eat healthy to support you both. Remember, it takes ten months to gain the baby weight, realistically it takes ten months to lose it!!

just be healthy and enjoy

After a baby the body changes and with exercise and good eating you can get back…takes work but you can do it! If you don’t, embrace it and be happy, you are a mommy now and that’s all worth it. Be healthy and be happy…please yourself and no one else!

I gained 30 with two of mine

Now menopausal and had Gall Bladder removed so more weight gain grrrrr lol

I gained a considerable amount of weight with my first and it was off in three years. Now almost ten years later my second is nearing 11 months, I havnt lost much weight, but it didn’t happen quickly with my first. Our bodies change, and pregnancy can be a huge enforcer. I’m struggling to come to terms with my size now too, so you’re not alone, whether I lose the weight this time or not I’m happy :grin: and you deserve to be too :heart: enjoy motherhood without that sitting unnecessarily on your conscience

Ya show much sooner for your second child,your pregnant you will loose it after,be happy:) if you feel that insecure maybe some walking for some exercise but other than that congrats:)

If you want to lose weight after your child is born. Do it. Stick to it. Use that time for your “me” time.

I had 3 kids one right after the other so every other 9 months I was pregnant! Just eat right vegetables fruit lots of water and walk go to the mall window shop walk around in walmart before you even know it you’ll check the time and find out you walked for 2 hours! Snack on foods Like celery and cream cheese or peanut butter apples with peanut butter if you eat fresh vegvegetables that aren’t cooked you get more nutrition and not calories taking walks will keep your body strong for birth! I wish you best for you and your baby to be!

Weighing about 155-160 is not something to be considered about! I get it does since you’ve weighed less. But your body has created and carried a beautiful baby.

Just eat healthy n normal activity don’t be hard on yourself heck I gained 40 pounds first one n chunky for yrs n then 2 baby gained n their grown n I’m still chunky lol

If you breastfeed the baby, the weight will drop off. Try to avoid eating too much junk and processed food and stay on track with healthy options

Soooo normal. Don’t overthink it. Just focus on if you’re getting the right nutrition. Otherwise, you’re good. :ok_hand:t3:

Your body is fine and your doctor isn’t concerned. I understand the insecurity though. I was already overweight when I got pregnant and I was worried no one would notice I was even pregnant. But they did and me and my baby are both healthy

Let your body do its thing. Dont worry about anything until after you are healed and cleared from the dr. Wear everything proudly because you created 2 beings!

You’re perfectly fine honey, just keep light exercise to keep things toned. It doesnt matter how big things are as long as they’re fit and toned! Plus, I went from 114 to 178 with my second child, size 0/1 to a size 9 my first I was 116 and went to 176, same size change. I’m 5’10 though but either way things never looked bad because I’m always active. Nightly walks at the very least, and my muscles stay fit.

Normal i wasn’t in a diet or anything during my pregnancy in fact i ate everything i could get a hold of gained over 60lbs after giving birth i lost all 60lbs and i have no stretch marks but this is my first i doubt i will be as lucky my second time around but yeah don’t worry about how much you gain if your dr isn’t worried just take care of yourself once you give birth

Be PROUD of your body and what it’s doing!! Girl, before I was pregnant, I was 120-125… I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy!! My baby boy is 16 months old and I just got down to 130-135!! I still have my “mommy pudge” but I’m ok with that! I feel good and my husband thinks I’m more beautiful than ever. Plus my LO laughs when he tries to tickle my tummy and it jiggles which makes me laugh :joy:
Girl, you’re beautiful before, during, AND after that little blessing is brought into this world!! Feel good at what your body can do :kissing_heart:

Sw eetie, don’t sweat it. I am 5’2" and I weighed 150 pounds with my first one, never lost all the weight and then got pregnant with my second child and ended up weighing 225 at her birth. As long as you have a healthy pregnancy your’re fine. Best wishes to you and baby to be.

1 Like

I’m going thru that now with the mommy tummy (thanks 1st csection lol) I think the belly bands should help shape out ur tummy and also make it more comfortable but I’m sure as we get bigger our stomachs will definitely round out lol

I’m the same height as you and actually weigh more than you do and am just a few weeks pregnant :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

Very simple leg lifts after the baby will tone that area back up. Don’t stress too much enjoy your pump.

Definitely not alone in your worries. I’m in my 7th month and have gained about 40 lbs. I’m 5’8” so I carry the weight okay but am terrified I won’t be able to lose it after I have the baby.

I was a plus size woman before I got pregnant and now I just feel like a whale. I hate the way I look. But I just keep in mind that I’m making a baby in there. I wouldn’t worry too much about your bump. I am very heavy and you can still see my bump. I know it’s so hard not to be self conscious. I am absolutely disgusted with myself at the moment but this is part of the process. We can work on losing the weight we need to once baby is born. Stay positive mama!

I literally cry all the time because of my insecurities, its perfectly normal

I’m 5.5 with number 3 and started out at 170 … it happens and the weight will go away eventually, right now just focus on eating healthy and drinking water

Be confident in yourself! I know it’s so hard! Remember what an amazing thing your body is doing!

Everything will be fine. You can literally walk away the pounds

I’m 178lb at 5"3, 3 months postpartum. My body literally made a human (and looked damn fine doing it) - can hardly blame it for being less than perfect now! You’re hardly big and being pregnant, now’s not the time to be worrying about your weight :woman_facepalming:t2: deal with it when dieting isn’t a risk to your growing baby.

Workout atleast 4 times a week at fitness center, drink protein thats pure isolate because it cleanses your body while its giving your body what it needs and repairs it, after doing those, you will feel like you dont want to eat like you used to, you will want to eat less like half of what you normally would eat. At the fitness center they have coaches there that will get you to do exersizes to flatten your stomach and tighten your stomach and body so the marks will fade and flab wouldnt sag.Oh and stay away from pop and sugary drinks, drink water and lots of it! I have been going to fitness center and i would lose 400+ calories in an hour each day that i go there and i feel amazing!

It’s okay and totally normal to feel insecure about gaining weight. I started out at 142, I’m 6 and a half months pregnant with twins and weigh about 190 now (:disappointed_relieved:) and feel huge! Just remember it’s not permanent and you have (some) control of how much you gain and how quickly you can lose it afterwards.

Oh my God. You’re fine. Find a hobby. At 12 weeks you got a long way to go lol.

I’m 15 weeks pregnant and 160 lbs also. Its normal to have those feelings. You can always lose the weight after baby is born. I bet you’re beautiful the way you are :heart:

I gained the most weight with my 3rd child. So much! But after a few years, I lost it. I still have a tummy from him and he’s 5. I am sure if I ate better or exercised more it might be better. I tried not to worry about my weight during my pregnancies. It isn’t a big deal. Try to stay healthy and go for walks or do low impact exercise to stay healthy and don’t stress too much.

Totally normal and I would barely call you over weight. I’m sure you will look just as cute this pregnancy. I’m 200 lbs and I still looked cute :slight_smile: so you def will still look good girl:)

If your breast feeding you will lose the weight??

So I definitely see where your coming from. I saw my weight at my first obgyn appointment and was distraught so I started walking and eating healthy cause I let myself go with my first baby. This pregnancy I haven’t gained any weight I’ve actually lost weight but not trying just living healthy .not to mention my mom has diabetes so when I saw my weight ,bp, lab results it was a wake up call .just try to work on being healthy

Walking will help a lot!I walked almost every day when I was pregnant,Then after baby I’ll walked also

I just gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks currently 30 weeks with twins im sooooo insecure this is my 4th pregnancy ur not alone

If weight can be gained it can always be lost. If you are unhappy with your weight you can put yourself on a program of lower calories and Mir exercise. Prohibit the consumption of any fried food, sweets, only meat you should eat is fish. Take jogs. If you can do this whilst raising your kid you will start seeing results. It’s gradual not imediet.

Girl im 5’ and was 120 pre pregnancy. At delivery i was 165! Im 5mpp and still 150. Dont feel bad. I still only fit my maternity pants or leggings :joy: Your body did a beautiful thing! It’s easier said than done but im working on it myself. You got this!

You see this sort of stuff bugs me. I’m 5’2 and 170 so you feeling insecure about your 150 after producing a baby makes me feel like crap.

2 Likes

I’m 5’3 and 182 lbs at 31 weeks pregnant this is my 7th pregnancy

Im 5’4 and was roughly 125lbs before my first pregnancy, during my 3rd trimester I was up to 180lbs. However after having the baby I dropped to 150lbs within 2 days. If you work towards it you’ll do anything you put your mind towards :slight_smile: