I got married and regret it: Advice?

I got married a couple months ago and i already regret it…after the honey moon things were great now all we do is fight and argue over dumb things and i no longer want to do this…help

142 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I got married and regret it: Advice?

Wish I had the right words to say,it’s only been two months.hope thing’s take a change for the better.Good luck :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

This is why you wait til the 5yr mark of being together

10 Likes

Marriage counseling or divorce

3 Likes

Get an Annulment… and move on with your life

Don’t live in constant regret…. Trust me not worth it 

9 Likes

Not a clue what to do, I believe you need to plead your case to the queen and hope they allow a divorce, hopefully the marriage qasnt consummated or your stuck till death do you part
P.s: stup!d questions get stup!d answers :joy: but maybe put some thought Into your actions in the future tho

7 Likes

This is normal though …marriage is hard. You got married because you love each other. Love isn’t all rainbows and butterflies…it is waking everyday and choosing each other every day.

14 Likes

How long did you date?

1 Like

Obviously you were doing this prior to getting married , why did you think things would change.

7 Likes

Divorce. I wish I would’ve followed my gut.

1 Like

Divorce the sooner the better. Do no go into debt.

1 Like

Its part of marriage. Its not easy it takes work and patience. Do what you want. Its about giving to the marriage and person whom you chose to walk down the aisle with and spend your life together. It is hard work! Ive been with my husband for 25 yrs it’s very challenging but we are in love and choose to work on it even with all the challenges. Good luck!

8 Likes

Marriage isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. If you’re wanting to flee after a little bit of a struggle, you might as well go. People deserve better than a spouse that wants to leave at the first sign of trouble.

22 Likes

I think you need to re-read your vows. Get some counseling. Sometimes marriage is hard!

4 Likes

You already tapped out, annulment, both of you will be better off.

4 Likes

OMG, 2 months and you are talking divorce…

How old are you two???

Get into therapy NOW.

Get into therapy, both individually and couples ASAP.

You need help.

It takes time to adjust to living with another person.

He has quirks, foibles, and annoying habits.

AND guess what? So do you.

Maybe more annoying and worse than your spouse.

Get into therapy.

Fix yourself first.

Then maybe, just maybe you will be a fit marriage partner someday.

Sheeeeeeeeesh… what idiocy.

4 Likes

Marriage counseling or leave

Marriage is HARD. It is not butterflies and rainbows. Why did you marry in the first place if you were not prepared for it?

4 Likes

Marriage is work. Put in the work, it’ll get better. Change your outlook and attitude.

1 Like

Marriage is super hard, you gotta sit down with him and talk to him, that’s what I do with my husband, we been married for 5 years and it’s still not easy but we wake up everyday and love each other more, but marriage there is always gonna be ups and downs

4 Likes

Sweet send me some pics. I might be able to help

1 Like

Maybe try marriage counseling? Marriage is not easy by any means you have to work at it. Don’t give up so fast.

1 Like

Try and imagine two scenarios- one where you remain together, even with disagreements, and one where you separate. If it doesn’t bother you to think of the future without him, get the divorce now.

5 Likes

The best marriage advice I ever received “when you two fight remember, it’s you and him against the problem… not you against him” Good luck! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Marriage is not easy. There will always be disagreements and rough spots. The first year is always hard because of the changes and learning about each other. Marriage is all about compromise. Its sad that you’ve only been married a few months and are already ready to give up! If you love your husband, go to counseling, learn new ways to settle disagreements so y’all aren’t fighting all the time. You have to wake up every morning and choose to love your husband through the good and the bad. I just don’t understand how you give up after a couple months?!

4 Likes

Remember life in general is full of ups and downs, is this person who you want to get over these hurdles with?

Decide to fight for your marriage and work through the storms together, or see if you can get an annulment.

2 Likes

Marriage is hard work but so worth it

Thats normal! You aren’t always going to agree on everything & will argue over petty things especially if you are around eachother 24-7! As long as there is no cheating or abuse happening then I see no reason to divorce unless he is treating you bad. Marriage is supposed to be a lifetime commitment. Through sickness & health.

1 Like

& this is why I’m never getting married. What I get a different last name & health insurance whoopdeeduckingdoo

4 Likes

P.s please dont buy into “marriage is hard” bs that’s being fed on here cuz its NOT when it’s with the right person

8 Likes

Is it too late for an annulment if not I would do it

4 Likes

Marriage is not like you see in the movies. You will have your ups & downs.

1 Like

Ist year is the hardest

Then leave.
This is why it’s extremely important to actually be with someone for YEARS before doing anything major, especially having children, getting married etc
Ya ya for some it works out, so sally who got married after knowing her husband for 17 days and now they’ve been married for 74 years…
But for most, it doesn’t work out. Don’t take the chance.

3 Likes

For better or worse eh

1 Like

Go get it annulled if you’re unhappy. Things get hard when married.

4 Likes

You literally signed a contract. Things get hard and you want to quit? Lol! This is apart of why the world is the way it is. No one has grit anymore. Fix it, counseling, conversations, romance.

19 Likes

If you’re feeling like this after a couple of months, he isn’t the one for you. Walk away now before you have kids.

13 Likes

Marriage and staying married is the absolute hardest thing you will ever do. The first 3 years were the absolute hardest because no matter how well you know them you are learning to love the good, the bad and the ugly about a stranger. But, if you love the person you will do what it takes, forgive, improve, challenge and live with whatever makes them them…both of you have to want to make it work and it will-going on 30 years of mistakes, miracles and love here :heart:

Try counseling…if that doesn’t work then go asap before having kids…I argued with my ex for 24 years. I’m happy I had my kids…but arguing all the time is no marriage…

5 Likes

Give it time, same thing happened to us. They say the first year is the hardest and I agree. Even though it’s really just a paper, for some reason everything changes your mindset and it’s having to adjust and figure things out again in a way. If things were great before you got married, give it time. If you really feel like you made a mistake, try for an annulment or divorce I guess

1 Like

Marriage is work and commitment sometimes it’s 50/50 but sometimes it’s 80/ 20 if your not willing to compromise and communicate it won’t work talk to each other calmly and discuss why you arguing .

8 Likes

Marriage is not always a BED OF ROSES…
It’s alott of work , it contains Good an Bad…
When the Bad comes along it’s all
about Maturity and how u handle it with proper Communication
& Patience , suggestion at times maybe counseling …

10 Likes

How long did you date?

2 Likes

So are they just petty arguments, or are you guys having misunderstandings? Maybe have a sit down and lay it all out. If you still feel like this was a mistake ask him how he feels about separation, and then give your peace of why you are considering it

Go to church snd bring God in your home

12 Likes

Made your bed. Lay in it or get out of it

Adulting is hard. Grow up

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. That’s kinda why my hubby and I lived together for a bit before getting married. To get to know each other. Maybe see a couples therapist

1 Like

Marriage isn’t always sunshine,rainbows, and unicorns. Yes, you will have good days and you will have bad days. Marriages take work and understanding you have to remember that’s your person, the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with the person that stole your heart , your ride or die , your you and them against the world. There will be great days and there will be days that are bad. Maybe your husband is going through something anf they are aggravated when your partner is being a douche canoe or whatever the situation that’s when you stand tough for them . You aren’t always going to see them on their good days but they need to know that you will stand strong for them whenever they are a bit off and having a hard time. Communication is key there talk to them and see what’s wrong. Let them know I got you no matter what . If you can’t handle what you are going through and don’t want to work at it then by all means get a divorce or an annulment. But don’t throw in the towel just because the honeymoon phase is over remember why you love them and all the good days. Remember that that is your person.

3 Likes

He’s not the one sis. Walk away and start fresh. Nothing wrong with walking away from the wrong one.

4 Likes

Wow. There is a whole lot of quit in everyone in here.

2 Likes

Marriage is work but it’s not meant to be difficult and an everyday struggle. Try counselling or part ways before someone gets pregnant lol

3 Likes

File for annulment! If you’re not happy leave! Lifes too short to be miserable

3 Likes

Marriage shouldn’t be the goal. A good relationship with commitment and chemistry should. How long have you known each other? A relationship isn’t much work at all if you truly have the chemistry, love, and are compatible. It’s only really much work when you don’t and force it.

No shame in divorce. Best thing I ever did for myself. I thank the universe everyday that I had the courage to leave. Life is way too short to stay somewhere where you’re unhappy.

7 Likes

Hubby and I have been together for over 20yrs, communication, trust and honesty are whats needed but also we still have stupid fights because your an individuals first, then your a team, compromises are needed and sometimes certain topics are a no go zone so you have to agree to disagree, just because your having arguments don’t mean you throw in the towel, try counseling if you need but don’t just give up when things are hard because unfortunately life it’s self is hard. Give your all untill you have exhausted all avenues first.
Wish you all the best

1 Like

Sounds like you jumped too quick. Marriages don’t fix crappy relationships.

4 Likes

There will be arguments throughout your marriage. You both need to sit down and communicate your feelings without bickering. Compromise on things. Meet each other in the middle. Your marriage won’t work if you don’t try to make it work.

3 Likes

How long have you know him I dated my boyfriend for 15 years living together 2 years getting married in 2 months

I went thru something similar right b4 I was 2 walk down the aisle my dad asked me if I really wanted 2 do this & I really didn’t want 2 but I did because so much had been done 4 it & I didn’t want 2 let ne 1 down. …yrs later I’m divorced & happier then ever…just follow ur :heart: girl & do what’s best 4 u but do it soon so u don’t regret ne thing

3 Likes

There’s such thing as a annulment. That’s what it’s for…mistakes. The paperwork is put straight through, there is no waiting period, your previous name is restored and legally the record disappears like the marriage never happened…no muss no fuss. If you wait, after one year you’ll have to go through a full fledged divorce and that record of the marriage and divorce will always be there. You have to have a valid accepted excuse for the court to grant the annulment though or they will make you divorce. It is less expensive if you both agree to it too. But keep the valid reason in mind and simply changing your mind doesn’t qualify. Look up the family law in your state. Rules vary. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

You can try marriage counseling but it will only work if you both WANT to work on your relationship and be married to each other. If that isn’t the case, don’t waste your time, get an annulment.

Been there…it’s a bummer.

Run while it’s not too tied up

People do get divorced less than a year married

Marriage isn’t something u just jump into… An u dont just get married an that’s it… U have to remember u both said I do so u both need to become one an communication is key!! Y’all are not mind readers… What God has put together let no man separate!! Praying for prosperity and growth!! God bless u!

1 Like

Why did you get married in the first place? Love, convenience, children together? If there is already domestic abuse, I would suggest leaving since it will not get better. If it was for love, please don’t give up so fast. Revisit your why? Marriage is give and take and often has some rough spots.

2 Likes

5 love languages, Fireproof movie, the Love Dare, counceling

This is why ya don’t get married lol

did they live together prior to getting married. People that don’t often run into all sorts of issues because they don’t know what it’s like to live with their partner or how to share or compromise with their own space, etc.

Or they both had expectations for ‘marriage’ that either don’t align or don’t fit the reality of their situation.

3 Likes

ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ɪs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʀᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ʙɪᴛᴄᴏɪɴ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀᴛɪsғʏ ᴍᴇ ғɪɴᴀɴᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀ’ᴀᴍ Svetlana kaplina.ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ᴋɪɴᴅʟʏ CONTACT ʜᴇʀ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛʟʏ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴᴠᴇsᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ…:point_down::point_down::point_down:

It’s hard learning to live with someone. If you give up this easily, don’t bother marrying again. It won’t be any easier with anyone else.

4 Likes

Is there an outside stressor or was this your relationship pre-wedded bliss?

Marriage isn’t for the weak. The first year is hard.

11 Likes

I have found after the wedding and honeymoon there is always a down time
Give your marriage a chance

6 Likes

You’re supposed to have arguments and disagreements. Also just bc you’re having difficulties together doesn’t mean you should just throw in the towel. Go to couples counseling so you can learn how to communicate with each other better. Marriage is not all sunshine and happy days. You’re going to have storms. The question is are you willing to weather those storms with your partner. This could all stem from not living together before getting married and now you’re learning mannerisms that you didn’t know about each other before. ( just covering the bases bc you don’t say anything much ) or this could stem from being in previous marriages/ relationships and now that you’re in a more affirmative commitment to each other you both are guarded against each other and it’s just now coming out bc either you or both of you feel as if your space has been invading and you’re not handling it gracefully as you should. There’s so many factors as to why things may seem off now. You need to put down the harsh words and say hey what are we doing to each other to your spouse. An maybe you need to take the initiative to realize hey this is some petty crap we are arguing over I’m going to take a step back an say wait less take a deep breath and talk about this in a rational manner and not as a screaming match.

8 Likes

Go now don’t waste time.grow up and try again

3 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t leave my wife I love her 12 years later couldn’t stand her at first lol

2 Likes

Jfc :rofl: what, did you think marriage was a picnic? It takes work. And I guaran-fuckin-tee you that you’re just as much part of the problem & arguing :dart: “in sickness & in health” doesn’t mean stay thru abuse, but it DOES mean you don’t run the first time it gets hard! If you already regret it this hard then you never should have married in the first place, you weren’t ready. You should stay single and work on you

1 Like

Then get a divorce or annulment

Maybe you guys need to see counseling or put the work in to work through issues. Why does everyone give up so quickly

3 Likes

The first year is I hear the worst

If you want to leave well leave,if you want to give it a chance stay for a couple of months and see

I have a good and trustworthy account manager that allows me to withdraw my profit anything I want and I can monitor everything going on in my trading account when she’s busy trading with her expert team. no pending withdrawals issues. i must admit she’s a very honest woman i have no other way of thanking her than letting people know about her service and recommend her for everyone to trade on her platform she is :100: legit contact her below…
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Get out now. Go be happy.

3 Likes

The first year we got married all we did was argue but after that year we been good ever since it gets better it adjustment and understanding and communicating

2 Likes

Try and focus on what it was that brought you to marrying him in the first place., He’s the same person., You have things I’m sure that he’s became aware of that may irritate him also…it’s all about getting past the small imperfections and focusing on the good… when something bothers you, ask yourself, does it really even matter? My first husband,I didn’t date long enough before walking down the isle.,his mask fell off right after wards…I Left quickly so as not to get physically hurt…if that’s the case leave asap, other wise I’d say give it a diligent chance …best wishes :rose:

2 Likes

You are getting to know each other. You don’t cook like his mom. He doesn’t ask like prince charming. You both have to communicate. If you’re ready to quit after a month or 2. You was not ready.

4 Likes

Is your last name kardasian…:thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

Then leave, before having a family even if you have kids,they shouldn’t be your Reason to stay!!!

1 Like

My marriage gets better every year. Good luck to you and whatever you choose.

2 Likes

Marriage isn’t easy. It takes work. It has ebbs and flows. I’ve been with my husband for almost 22 years, but married for 14. Our relationship is constantly evolving. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. The point is, we communicate and work together to fix the issues. It gets even more complicated when you add children. Communication is key.

5 Likes

Counseling
Find out what true love is
Don’t give up yet. Learn to communicate. Marriage like roses have thorns

3 Likes

Marriage counseling 1st, then, both decide future path. He may be feeling the same as you. Communication is very important.

5 Likes

Get an annulment :woman_shrugging:

Why stress yourself when you can generate easy income from crypto without having to do much. Invest in crypto with stock haven company today, all you have to do is to sit back and get traded for by trading experts. Check out Mrs Lisa Jennifer Facebook profile, she has helped and guided me through all steps in setting up my trading account and trading on my behalf. You can contact her through the tag profile below
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Lisa Jennifer, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Lisa Jennifer company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

1 Like

that was a stupid thing to do. i been single 14 yrs it is ok