I have anxiety and this guy I like has been ignoring me: Advice?

I’m just downright depressed at the moment and so confused. I really like this guy. We have known each other for a while. A couple of years maybe. We talked for two days pretty frequently. Then yesterday I texted him, and he said “not a good time right now, sorry” so I gave him some space. I texted him again later that night saying hi, and he texted again, “busy sorry can’t talk right now” after a couple of hours again, I started freaking out like wtf is going on. He kept saying he was busy but, then I saw him posting stuff on Facebook and commenting on posts so clearly he wasn’t busy. I saw him doing that all day. When I text him, he wouldn’t see my messages, and I snapped him on Snapchat, he would open them but no response. I have really high anxiety and depression, and this is just making it worse. What do you think I should do? I really like him. I want to know what’s going on. Telling me to “give him space” “stop texting him” isn’t gonna help, especially with my anxiety!!!

53 Likes

asks for advice
already says the good advice isn’t going to help.
Ok. :weary:
He isn’t interested.

17 Likes

Back off! No one needs to cater to your anxiety and depression. You sound smothering…

15 Likes

Sound like a stalker…if he said leave him be…then leave him be…just because someone is on facebook doesnt mean the are not busy…

16 Likes

People make time for who and what they want to make time for. Nobody is ever too busy. READ THAT AGAIN.

He isn’t interested. Move on. You deserve better. Focus on you and finding ways to cope with anxiety.

27 Likes

You answered you’re own question. If he was interested, he would make time.
Sounds like you’ve been reaching a lot and that can come off as needy. Slow it down. Don’t wait for him. And don’t text or snap him.

12 Likes

You got put on the back burner. Your only options are to wait till hes done with some other chick or realize you came in second… and drop it. I’m not trying to sound harsh but anxiety or not, hes not interested. Getting in his face wont change that.

10 Likes

This is called mamas uncut. Mamas being the key word. Not teen drama. #sorrynotsorry.

26 Likes

You sound 14 … worry about school and not boys.

7 Likes

I would move on. I’m so sorry this is happening to you though.

Has he given any indication that he likes you back? Just because you’ve been speaking doesn’t mean he thinks of you in the way you want

11 Likes

You’re letting your insecurities get the better of you. Should probably address that before getting into a relationship.

16 Likes

He’s dodging a bullet right there :flushed:

19 Likes

Put your time into something valuable, not someone who isnt interested. When someone asks for space, you need to respect that or you will push them away teal quick

4 Likes

That isn’t a relationship. That’s you obsessing.

25 Likes

I totally get the anxiety and over thinking but try occupying yourself with other things. He will reach out when he wants to talk and if he doesn’t that just means it wasn’t meant to be. Dont take it personal and just keep living life. Every day is a blessing.

6 Likes

If he wanted to talk to you then he would.

So on to the next you go

4 Likes

Take a hint. He’s just not into you

10 Likes

You’re sounding like a stalker. Leave the man alone and not just for “a couple hours”. Leave him alone till he reaches out to you. Respect people’s boundaries. He’s probably not into you. Move on.

9 Likes

If u have anxiety and depression that bad that some guy ignoring u is causing so much drama u really need a doctor for some anti-depression meds and/or a counselor. Leave this dude alone. If he wants to talk to u, he will. Obviously he doesn’t

6 Likes

Leave him alone. He has made himself clear.

3 Likes

He’s just not that into you. You need to leave him alone and keep it movin.

2 Likes

Are you 15? Cause you sound 15. You also sound obsessive. He wasn’t answering you, but you saw him liking and commenting on other people’s posts?

12 Likes

He’s just not that into you!

6 Likes

Move along.
He’s just not that into you.
Find your worth.
Love yourself .

3 Likes

Stop texting him. If a man wants to talk to you- he will.

You are better then that. Move on. Find something to do with your time.

He will text you. But you should let him wait for a response.

4 Likes

Make yourself happy . Sounds like you need to love yourself. And a person can make time. Sounds sketch to me

Does a brick house have to fall on your head ???
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Don’t try to force yourself on someone. He apparently does not want to be with you and is too much of a coward to tell you.
Move on.

3 Likes

Hard as it might be on you… i say leave him alone. Let him have all the time and space he needs. If he never contacts you… you’ll know to let go and move on.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s not into you or just feels that you’re too clingy? Just take the hint and don’t message him. If he wants to talk, he will

4 Likes

You sound obsessed. He doesn’t like you. Leave him alone.

6 Likes

The same way you developed interest and a “like” for him you will for someone else. Know your worth.

2 Likes

He dosent like you stop wasting your energy

6 Likes

Did he ever say anything about liking you back? He doesn’t sound like he feels the same way you do and you’re obsessing about it and he feels that and wants space. When someone says to leave them alone or it’s not a hood time you need to leave that person alone until they reach out to you themselves. Waiting a few hours and sending messages on every social media platform is just stalker like and you are probably weirding him out and annoying him to the max. Just forget about him.

7 Likes

He’s not interested, move on.

2 Likes

He might need space just give a couple days to himself

1 Like

This really how u all act? U could have chosen better words. This group is to be there for each other. If u want to act this rude then please get out of this group. I’m sure y’all have done something yourselves that you regret.

8 Likes

Oh baby, move on… you’re a side piece for him. He is talking to at least one other chick… I have some pretty bad anxiety also, but my worth is more important to me… Go on date with someone else, or your girlfriend’s. Or shit take yourself out… But for real don’t waste anymore time on this one…

Leave him alone, pick up a phone & find a professional who can help with your anexity.

1 Like

My rule of thumb is if you text him and he says he is busy, you wait until he texts you. Don’t text, text, snap, check his Facebook. It just makes you seem a little desperate and guys aren’t into that. Be independent and do you until he wants to talk :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

He is literally showing you hes not into you. Just delete him from everything and move on. You are doing this to yourself being obsessive. Honey no man gets turned on by an obsessive woman.

3 Likes

Whoever runs this page you shouldn’t be allowing these kind of ppl.

1 Like

Omg you sound crazy leave him alone

3 Likes

Leave him alone… He probably moved on.
You can too… You deserve happiness BUT FIRST see a doc… You are not alone but a doctor can help make sure your meds are right and let you know this is a step away from harassment

6 Likes

Well its what you need to do. Sounds like he’s not really into you, if he was he would respond. So yeah, stop messaging him and stop bugging him. Move on and make yourself happy. You dont need a man to do that.

1 Like

U need to back off let him come to u!!!

Goodness why are women so harsh toward each other ?

The important thing is to know your worth. Yes your gonna have to leave him alone. He’s playing a game, dont be a player.

4 Likes

First of all, see a Dr for your anxiety and depression. Second, you sound completely obsessed. Put yourself in HIS shoes. How would YOU like it if the roles were reversed? He’s obviously not that into you or he’d talk to you. Move on and love yourself girl. You’re worth more than a man that ignores you.

9 Likes

You’re not giving him the space he asked for if you continue to message him. I get having anxiety, I have it pretty bad myself. But you can’t say “don’t tell me not to message him, it’s not an option I have anxiety” is a cop out. You can, you just don’t want to. And the more you message him when he asked for space, the more clingy you come off. And that’s probably why he asked for the space to begin with.

14 Likes

Work on your issues by youself before some poor guy has to get a protection from stalking order against you. You were talking a lot for 2 days! So what! That doesn’t require him to continue to talk to you like that. Or you’re just completely overthinking the conversations you had. Either way it doesn’t matter. He has made himself very clear. He doesnt want to talk anymore. You for real need to get on some meds to manage your depression and anxiety. Can’t expect a man to fix you!

1 Like

Give him space and leave him alone :expressionless: Focus on your own issues. He doesn’t need to accommodate you because you have anxiety and depression. Work on yourself before you expect someone else to be a door mat because of your issues.

I have bad anxiety too but it’s not cute to look desperate. It definitely won’t make him like you. Grab yourself by your big girl pants and post yourself doing you favorite hobby or drinking a cup of coffee and DO YOU SISTER!!!

6 Likes

You only talked for 2 days frequently and you’re thinking this is something way bigger than what it is. He’s not interested. I legit had a stalker situation happen to me and you’re showing some red flags with that. Just move on, there’s other people.

11 Likes

Doesn’t seem like you do know him very well, you truly dont know what he could be going through or he downright doesnt want to talk.

So having anxiety myself, it never helped to sit and linger and keep watching what the guy was doing or waiting for a text back. If they have to say sorry busy a lot, then leave them alone. If he wants to text you he will. But for the sake of your mentality, try to let it go, because as much as you don’t want to because you like him, your anxiety will get better just walking away rather than waiting by the phone to hear from him. It happened to me a lot until I met my husband. There were never games and we were always open and up front about our intentions and where we wanted things to go

1 Like

Maybe hearing those words won’t help, but you should definitely follow them. Don’t chase a man who doesn’t wanna be caught.

2 Likes

He’s just not that into you, when someone asks you for space give it to them. When guys do that to girls we call them creeps. Don’t be that person.

6 Likes

People SHOW you how they feel about you, believe them when they do.

2 Likes

He isn’t in to you! You’ve known him for years… you were clearly friend zoned and the constant messaging probably freaked him out… just ghost him and worry about you maybe try a work program to help with that anxiety and see a therapist to get meds for anxiety.

5 Likes

He doesn’t want to be with you, sounds like you need to move on

You may not WANT to hear to give him space or stop texting him but that’s exactly what you need to do. Leave him alone. If he needed space you’ve probably pushed him into having lost all interest in talking to you. Anxiety and depression don’t excuse your behavior nor is he responsible for fixing you. You’re being too aggressive and obsessive. Back off! He’s made it clear he doesn’t want to talk to you. Let it go.

Stalking is not ok, either. If this were reversed. A man behaving like you and a woman avoiding him we would be telling her to be afraid and block him on everything. Just because YOU like him and desperately want something to come of it doesn’t mean it will. Rejection is part of life, learn to deal with it with dignity. You saying you don’t want to hear anything but what you WANT to hear is a red flag on YOU. You won’t find validation in a man, you need to get help for your mental health because this isn’t it.

6 Likes

Leave him alone.

He literally told you he’s busy.

Jeez back off already this is probably why he asking for space. You seem like a level 12 clinger

13 Likes

Dont be a cling on … maybe he dont feel the same way

1 Like

He’s just not that into you… how do you know something hasn’t happened in his life … you don’t know him he owes you nothing. I get rejection is hard, but don’t go stalker on him!

3 Likes

There is someone who will “obsess” over you! Work on loving yourself and knocking out that depression and anxiety! Be kind to your mind! There are soo many people waiting to love you. Stop focusing on someone who isn’t!

1 Like

Girl…find something else to occupy your time and mind. Stop making yourself so available for this guy. Show him you have other/better things to do than pursue him. As long as you’re texting and snapping constantly he knows he can pick you right back up whenever he wants. Stop giving him that power over you. Simmer down and move on to something else.

I mean stalking him isn’t the answer.

2 Likes

Any man who is interested will make time. Move on sweetheart and find someone who is worth your effort. No one who cares would act like that. He’s sending a message, dont ignore it. Move on.

1 Like

Well you need to chill. Youre gonna scare him tf away IF hes still interested. Relax.

1 Like

Stop texting him. He isn’t interested. Sorry but I found this out the hard way. You deserve better.

1 Like

Try to get a grip on your anxiety and depression. Sweet girl no man is ever going to make you feel :100: percent whole. Learn to know that you are enough ! Get busy loving you.

2 Likes

calm down he maybe dealing with something… he maybe just hopping on facebook to try and distract himself but is stressed and dont want to “deal” with anyone… hes human and we all go threw shit… give him some space… you push it and you may just push him away…

“He said he’s busy but he’s on Facebook, he’s on twitter!, he’s on Instagram,…I saw him shopping at walmart and he’s just sitting on the couch ignoring me!!..what do I do, advice help?”” :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Please don’t be a clinger don’t be THAT girl… Leave him alone and find someone else who is interested in you back.

5 Likes

Girl, your not even in a relationship with him… you should not be freaking out over a dude you just talk too. Get over it, and don’t text him untill he texts you.

6 Likes
  1. If this is how you feel, you need to go see a therapist! That’s all the advice you need. He’s not interested. Obviously! ——>”Telling me to “give him space” “stop texting him” isn’t gonna help, especially with my anxiety!!!” He doesn’t want space he wants you to get the hint that in those two days he realized it wasn’t a match. Go find another fish girl and move on! Especially if you have babies and are on a mamas page. :woman_facepalming:t4:
5 Likes

What helped me was watching the movie “He’s Just Not That Into You”. It sounds stupid but I stopped calling, texting, Facebook messaging, etc all the guys I liked. I waited for their messages or calls. If I didn’t get any interaction I cut off all ties and moved on. I did it to my now husband and made him try for my attention. I quit desperately seeking attention and started acting like I could care less if they texted me or not. I would respond to them, I would make them sweat a little when I didn’t answer back in the same day, and so on. My husband still actively seeks my attention and I don’t blow up his phone constantly and I don’t demand to know why he doesn’t respond (unless it’s important and I get sent to voicemail or he’s late getting home for some unknown reason).

It also could be that you aren’t the only girl he’s talking to. Men can be married with five kids and act like he’s single and give ZERO indicators that he’s leading a double life other than telling the side chick “he’s busy and can’t talk right now”. It’s nothing you’ve done wrong, unless you knew he was in a relationship and you still slept with him anyway. But there’s a possibility that he’s cheating on someone with you and you blowing up his phone is gonna cause his whole fake good guy crap to implode.

Either way, seriously stop texting him. Stop stalking him on Facebook. Stop investing your time and energy into a guy who very clearly isn’t wanting to talk to you. Delete him. Block him. Move on to someone else. Chalk it up to he’s an asshole and go on about your business.

Everyone telling her to leave him alone, hes not into you is not rude! Its the truth! And her obsessing over the dude is making her anxiety and depression worse. Im sorry you have those things but if you didnt want to hear whats so clearly obvious then you shouldnt have posted this.

5 Likes

It’s way too soon for you to be freaking out. I understand why you are, anxiety sucks, but you’ve got to loosen up. It sounds like he’s not really into you. Sometimes people are genuinely busy but most of the time people make time for this who are important to them. I know it’s a bummer because you liked him and you don’t know what you did wrong, but honestly he’s seems like he’s just not into you. Please stop texting him. It’s only going to make it worse for you when he doesn’t reply or starts getting angry that you keep texting. You should go to therapy to help you with your anxiety and depression.

2 Likes

Shut off your damn phone for a few days. You are acting like a crazy person and are likely scaring him away. You need to calm down and focus on yourself and learning coping skills and finding something better to do than stare at your phone waiting for him.

Sounds like you need to just let him contact you if that’s what he wants. Personally, I wouldn’t waste my time…let that one go!

Focus on the kids I’m assuming you have. Not a man

If he ain’t into you, he just ain’t into you period.

When people try & ‘suck’ the life outa you girrrrrl, quit giving them the straw!
Your worth is more than that…learn it! :heart:

4 Likes

My ex boyfriend used to do this. We would be dating for a couple of weeks & then he would just go MIA basically. He’d start out by telling me he was busy and couldn’t talk, then he would just ignore me for a few weeks. Then he’d show back up like nothing had happened. I let this go on for waaaay too long. You deserve better. I promise. Move on.

1 Like

You need to work on your anxiety and depression. You need to stop expecting people to make you happy. Once, you have worked on yourself and you are happy with who you are then you won’t care what other people do or say.

5 Likes

He doesn’t want a relationship with you unfortunately. There’s nothing you can do to force him to want more.

1 Like

anxiety and depression suck I live it daily. however, I’m not trying to come off as rude bc I’m really not. I would definitely seek some help for it and if you have already done that then awesome but reach out to your therapist or someone you can confide in and trust. maybe he really is busy or maybe he just needs space. you need to respect what he is saying and stop. if he ends up texting or calling you then great but I would stay cautious bc he could just be playing games and playing on your emotions. go find something to keep you occupied bc sitting there just thinking about it is only going to make your anxiety worse. good luck hun but please, please go speak to someone. also dont listen to the rude women on this page bc obviously they don’t understand how debilitating anxiety can actually be.

He doesn’t seem interested and I would honestly avoid him completely. If somebody likes you then they try their best to make conversation even when it’s dead and they can’t think of something to say just to get your attention. It doesn’t seem like he cares and he’d never get a message back from me lol.

He isn’t into you. And that’s okay. Go find someone who is. And in the meantime maybe try to find some help to deal with the anxiety and depression. Don’t let this guy take your power. Tell yourself you are too good for him anyway and there must be something wrong with him if he doesn’t like you. Then move on. Every time you start to think about him count backwards from 100 and redirect your brain to think of anything else but him. Just suggestions.

Not texting him will make him want to text you.
Men don’t want a clingy girl wanting to know their every move.

I know I don’t text my boyfriend what I’m doing all day and it makes more to talk about when he’s in front of me.

So best focus on your daily life and wait for him to come to you :wink:

1 Like

Go see him. Make him talk to you face to face. If he dont. Find someone else. If he does like you I promise he will straighten up.

You’re already too emotionally involved. He’s not interested in you. If someone tells you they’re busy are they can’t talk right now. You never contact them again. You wait for him to contact you. It’s just that simple. If he wants to talk to you he will talk to you. And I’m sorry but there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it. And if you text him too much and you’re chasing him. That just pushes the person away. You sound very sweet and nice I also have anxiety and depression. I am worried for you.

5 Likes

He’s just not that into you. You’re being really clingy for only speaking to him consistently for a couple of days

3 Likes

Just wondering…I have a auto response messenger on my phone if I turn it on…some responses are, " sorry, I am busy “…” I am driving right now"…etc.
Could he possible have it on? Probaley grasping @ straws here…otherwise ask a direct question…such as , " I am going to the movies tomorrow night, wanna go hang out?" And if he says " No"…He is probably interested in someone else…move on…it’s not easy…but at least you know definate. Good luck.

3 Likes

I think he’s made himself pretty clear. I don’t know what you want us to tell you if you made it pretty clear that you don’t want to hear exactly what everyone is thinking. Maybe you’re looking for someone to tell you that it’s okey to degrade yourself like this? Give him the space he asked for, if he’s into you he’ll text. Right now you’re making yourself look desperate and I’m pretty sure that’s a bit of a turn off. Keep your dignity and let the man reach out if he wants to because stalking him isn’t going to help your cause at all.

4 Likes

Quit stalking him. He’s trying to let you know nicely he isn’t interested . You need to focus on yourself and get your anxiety under control. Maybe seek counseling.

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound like you’re ready to be in a relationship with him if you’re already tripping this hard. Your obsession will only deepen then, and your anxiety will get worse.

4 Likes

Just stop trying. If he was interested in talking to you he would. If he’s not talking to you then don’t text him or call him anymore. It took me a long time to figure out how to know if a guy really likes you,but ignoring you and not responding to messages it a CLEAR indication he does not like you. You’ve probably been too clingy and overbearing with your crush on him. Move on, spare yourself from this un-needed anxiety.

3 Likes

First off, no one is ever too busy to talk to or get back to someone they want to talk to. Bottom line is, he’s not interested and he doesn’t want to talk to you anymore. Do yourself a favor and delete his info off your phone and unfriend him on Facebook and then do things that make you happy without thinking about him. It might take a while but you will get there. You are veering dangerously close to stalking by continually contacting him with no responses and looking for him on Facebook.

And It doesn’t matter what he’s doing away from you, it doesn’t involve you and he’s not doing it because of or in spite of you. Chances are, he’s living his life in which you are not a factor and that’s just fine, really. If you had someone that was into you and you wouldn’t give them the time of day, you would say it was fine for you to do as well.

The other thing, for future reference, the more needy, desperate for attention and clingy you become, the less attractive you appear to anyone else you might want to date. It’s really not a good thing. Be strong, be happy with yourself, be yourself, be confident, fill your life with fun and activity, keep your head up and the right person will see that and want to be part of it.

4 Likes