I have been bleeding for 2 1/2 months: Advice?

Hello, could you please post this for me? I had a baby about 2 1/2 months ago. I was having issues with anemia during the duration of my pregnancy. It has been two months, and I have not once completely stopped bleeding - I went from dark red heavy bleeding to old brown blood, back to heavy bleeding about two weeks ago, which I thought was a period because it was so heavy … I thought this was possibly a period, but afterward, I had brown blood for a week, and now I have red blood again, like another period basically in less than two weeks. Bleeding has NEVER stopped, it just gets less heavy, and a different color and then comes back full swing heavy red blood. I have been breastfeeding, so this is not normal. I did call my doctor’s office - all I was told is that this is not normal and that they want me to come in, I scheduled an appointment for next week, but I’m worried and don’t know what is going on. I was anemic during my pregnancy and am worried that my iron is probably really low right now because I haven’t stopped bleeding in 2 1/2 months. I live with my fiancé/daughter’s father, which makes things more frustrating to me because I also want to be able to have a normal sex life again. Has this ever happened to anyone else?