I helped my boyfriend get sober and now he doesn't love me anymore: Do I have a right to be angry?

Not that you know he has problems and he hasn’t gotten help and this is how he repays you, then that should tell you how he really feels. He will use you as long as you let him ! You are a strong and caring person it seems, but now you must care for yourself and children! In the end your children are the most who need you!

1 Like

Don’t be upset or feel stupid for helping him! If you were the only one that could help him be proud of that! You gave your son his father back!! Be strong enough to know that he didn’t know what true love is!

3 Likes

Yes u have every right to be and feel angry, but use all that energy and make a positive for you, if you was strong enough to help someone else you have to be stronger now to help you. Good luck :pray:t2::blush:

1 Like

You have a right to be angry, but now it’s you and the baby and y’all love each other. I met a man 13 years ago that was on meth…I didn’t know but found out 3 weeks into dating. I told him, the drug or me and I am not waiting. We quit that night and never did it again, he says I saved him
We saved himself, I was just there

No my love stop beating yourself up over something you have no power over if someone does not love you and that person does not want to spend anymore time with you I’m going to tell you something that you might not want to hear but the best thing you can do for you and your child is get up and keep walking Focus on you and your child and for you to be a better person than you were yesterday I know it’s easier said than done but sometimes life puts people in our life for lessons to learn from it and not do it again I hope everything goes well with you and your child God bless sweetheart and if you don’t believe in God I apologize for my comment

Wise words Robyn Marie. He is selfish. Love your child and yourself. Make a better life for you two.

3 Likes

Go on with your life. Take your baby and start anew. I have a feeling he’s not done with his nasty habit that’s why the turn about. God bless
:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

I would be angry esp when u have been right by his side through it all sober and not . And i would set down and have a talk with him and make a decision if he dont love u i wouldnt stick around i would move on

Honey. He couldn’t love himself enough to love you. It wasn’t love :pensive:

3 Likes

I was married 11 years and had no clue he was using meth he would wait until i was asleep and sneak out the house, cant elanorate on here ended with our 2 kids and myself almost getting killed and a friend of his coming clean (alot more to it) before i left now hes running from the mafia or somethi g last i heard yes you have a right to be angry but let it lie

No don’t hate your self, you and your child deserve better praying for you all I been there if you need to talk pm me I will be glad to talk to you

Never hate yourself your better than that

Move on and love yourself

2 Likes

No,He’s a user, he’s not worth your time.You did what was right by helping him, but next time he goes off the deep end and and tries to call refuse to answer!!He needs to handle his own problems.You need to find someone who respects you!!Time to move on!!Distance is the best cure!!

2 Likes

Yes you have the right to be angry but you should be angry at yourself. Now you need to get help understanding you were an enabler to him. I pray you take your energy and put it towards u and ur child.

Its natural to feel angry and hurt. You aren’t an idiot and certainly shouldn’t hate yourself. You are caring and compassionate and I think you try to see the best in people. But now you also know he was not well through much of the relationship and he has a history of leaving. Think about your son. Did you want him to see a father who comes and goes as he feels like it, a mother on a constant emotional rollercoaster? For your son’s sake, and your own personal well-being, let him go, grieve, and move on to a better, brighter, healthier future for you and your son.