I just found out I am pregnant with twins: Advice?

I don’t have twins but trust ur ob!

My have twin girls … now 26 … I was lucky … I only had stational diabetes with them … and in the hospital for the last 2 weeks cause my doc told me twins are known to come early. One was just over 5 pounds and the other was just under … But by time we got to go home both were over 5 pounds. I wouldn’t trade my girls in for anything. I feel lucky and blessed to have my twin daughters!

I carried my twins to 37 1/2 weeks only because of having a c-section scheduled early. I was put on bed rest at 4 months as a precaution (I never actually followed it). I never had any problems with my pregnancy though and ended up having perfectly healthy babies weighing around 6 lbs each. Dont stress yourself out. You got this :grin:

I knew the day I took a test I was going to have twins. Idk how I knew it I just did so when I found out I wasnt all that shocked honestly. But it was definitely an entirely different pregnancy experience than I had with my first 2 children. It was really hard to stay comfortable towards the end of my pregnancy I literally could only sleep on our reclining couch. During the 2nd trimester i slept with a body pillow to help with support and circulation. My twins themselves didnt really show any signs of being unhealthy at all in the womb. We saw multiple doctors during the pregnancy. My midwives had eventually referred me out to a doctor because I was wanting to go with a c section (as my first was an emergency c section and my second was a vbac I just decided it would probably just be easier to go ahead and have the c section and get my tubes tied while I was at it 10 kids between my husbands 6 my 1 and our 3 is more than enough for us!) At 37 weeks my babies stomachs were measuring smaller than they should be and they wanted me to go ahead with my c section that night. Both babies weighed over 5lbs never went to the nicu. One of them didnt pass his heating test and ended up having to get tubes in his ears but just recently at 6 months of age he passed his hearing screen with flying colors. My other baby has been battling bronchitis off and on and we are going to get checked for asthma and allergies soon to figure out why he is so prone to the bronchitis and wheezes but otherwise both are healthy happy growing boys. It will be a struggle to adjust to two babies. But ultimately they are a blessing and they like to soothe each other and just be close together most of the time.

1 Like

I carried 2 sets of twins, they are now 20 years old and 10 years old. Both sets were carried 38 weeks. 6 lbs 12 oz and 6lbs 6oz(1st set) 6lbs7oz and 5lbs 13oz(2nd set). Happy healthy babies, delivered vaginal and c section. One day at a time, no need to stress until they are walking! Lol

1 Like

Don’t think about it eat healthy and remember your in the 2 percent.your special be happy amen

I have twins girl & boy pregnancy went full term morning sickness for 6 months delivery was natural its was incredible my baby girl weighed 8lbs 21 in a half inches and my baby boy weighed 7lbs 21 inches today they are 35 years old :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m a twin and I came out just fine I was born 2 months premature and I weighed 6 pounds but I was healthy I was born by c section and I’m doing just fine

Have you had this confirmed with an ultrasound?

My aunt and uncle are twins, my sisters are twins and my youngest 2 are twins.
I was terrified of what could go wrong with mine because my first 2 children were early and my 3rd had to be induced at 38 weeks due to lack of growth.
With my twins, I was put on bedrest and given progesterone shots weekly starting at 16 weeks.
I made it all the way to 35 week when contractions started and was put in the hospital for the next week. They discovered at that point they were not growing and decided to induce. They were born at 36 weeks. He was baby A was was a typical vaginal birth aside from delivering in an OR and the fact that I had to do it again of course. Lol
She was baby B and did not want to come out. She was born feet first breech and was also delivered vaginally. They did have to reach in and grab her and it took 9 minutes between them. As it turns out their placentas had fused and he was getting the majority of the nutrients so inducing was the right choice. They were 5lbs 2oz and 4lbs 6oz. They were both born small but healthy. They are now 6 years old(7 on the 31st) and healthy as can be. They are even big for their age.

I should mention we knew she was breech but because she was baby B and smaller we planned for a vaginal delivery in an OR and were prepared for emergency C-section. We did come close to a C-section but luckily it wasn’t necessary.
You can do this. I don’t know how big/small you are but I am 5’3" and was 105lbs when I found out I was pregnant. On top of that I had a history of preterm delivery. Still it all turned out well. Try to relax. Twins are wonderful! :grin:

Btw…my sisters(twins) were born at 6 months. They were tiny but now they are in their 20’s and one has 2 kids of her own. They spend a long time in the NICU but made it through just fine and that was over 2 decades ago. Even if they are a bit early odds are everything will be just fine.

Have faith. Everything will be ok

I have no advice but I wish you the best! You are blessed! :heart:

My twin birth was pretty easy… I had two fraternal boys… I did how ever have SPD symphysis pubis dysfunction… and boy was it a pain… But it was overall great… don’t let the internet scare you. My boys were born at 36 weeks and 1 day weighing 7 lbs 1oz and 6 lbs 14oz they were big boys for that gestation…

I went 39 weeks pregnant with identical girls. They were about 7 pound each. I had a c section. I’m glad I had a c section lol

Don’t listen to everybody get you all upset about the difficulty in twins birth. My daughter got pregnant with twins and we didn’t hear anything about difficulty or anything because we didn’t look into it we just made sure she was healthy happy and let her eat anything she wanted. She went into labor one week before they were going to take them cesarean at 36 weeks. They ended up taking them cesarean the boys are born healthy happy only stayed in NICU for the minimum 12 hours and they went home one day early at 4 days. Each about 5lbs. So calm down don’t get upset about something that might not even happen. Just make sure you have a good doctor and Trust what she says. They’re almost at their second birthday!

Mine was crazy I was in labour for five days in hospital 33 weeks and 3 days they came! I had to have steroids in my hips butt area, one was breach and the baby a was in the birth position. Baby a cake out fine baby b came out feet first nurse went up grabbed feet and pulled him out and they are thriving at 11 years old best advice schedule the crap out of everything and it’s going to be over whelming so added help is always great to get sleep and house work best to rest :heart:

I had boy/ girl born at 32 weeks at 3pound 6 and 3pound 11 and they are 39 this year. Just take each day as it comes and stop stressing.

Find out what type of twins you are having. Then read up on what you need to know for that type of twin. Get a maternal fetal medicine dr/ practice to help you and be prepared for bed rest/ hospitalization if needed. If you have mono di twins you need to have an ultrasound weekly after 15 weeks and I would recommend keeping track of your belly measurements with a measuring tape. I lost one of my twins in a modi pregnancy and these tips would have helped. I hope you have a smooth, happy and healthy pregnancy