I need advice on how to get the spark back with my husband

We have been together for 4 years, married less than a year. we have an almost 2 year old daughter. he works about 35 hours a week and i work about 60. we try to take “us time” but it normally is just us going shopping or out to eat. we don’t exactly have fun anymore. we don’t talk like we used too. i guess i’m just wanting to know what other people have done to get that spark back in their relationship.

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I need advice on how to get the spark back with my husband

Am not going say find a new job as that not always possible as we
Don’t know your financial situation or job and me and my husband been together 13 years he works that many hour a week I work 40 and have two kids we don’t get days off together but we love each other and that what’s matters.
There times it harder, times where I wana give up but you don’t
Make things matter if you get spare hour here and there spend it together doing things you enjoy :blush:
If you get opportunity too go away for night together go for drinks food nice hotel room,
Arrange dates like fun dates go see a band, have fun but find the time once you try work out where and when you can if you love each other you will find the time if neither you find the time that’s to me when you no longer want to or are putting the effort into it that when it goes stale.

Wow 4 years no spark, you git big problems there 60 hours of work are you ever home :woman_facepalming:

Put your kid to bed early, and get popcorn and a movie and both of y’all have a few cold ones and chitchat, talk about the movie the suspense the plot twist what you thought was going to happen, do small things. Find a show to watch together and make it a habit to spend time. That’s just the dating aspect make time for sensual ones too. Idk what you do for a living but 60 hours a week sounds illegal af

60 hours a week? Thats part of the problem right there. Youre never around.

Cut back on those hours or find a different field of work. Thats your first step

7 Likes

U could start texting him as if he is a stranger or something…act as if y’all just met or something…just message him one day and be like hey whats up good lookin I was wonderin if u would be interested in…ya know something like that u can make it as wholesome or dirty as u want lol

2 Likes

Take a night get a baby sitter/family member to watch your little over night and get a hotel room to treat it like a get a way. Maybe mix some things up in the bedroom as well and make things an adventure

Instead of finding every reason why you can’t spend time with each other, find the “ONE” reason you have too and adjust accordingly!!! If budget requires you to work 60 hours a week, possibly downsizing and reducing your hours could pay major dividends if the relationship is more important than materialistic things.:100:

Its all about communication open those doors. its not the hours you work there’s more to it. (COMMUNICATION)

Not sure what you two like but concerts are lot fun. I also like using Ubereat and getting bottle of wine

60 hrs is part of the problem, but there’s got to be more to the story.

When you stop making “MONEY” your #1 priority then ask your question. Money can’t buy love…without love you have NOTHING!

Just hug each other and everyday say I love you