I think I married my husband to soon: Advice?

Clear signs of a narcissist… Especially marrying you so fast.

1 Like

Get out! If he’s hit you twice then run. My prayers are with you girl.

You did marry way too quickly. You can’t possibly know someone after 3 months. 99% of the time a man will treat his wife the way he treats his mother. He won’t change.

Omg! I feel so bad for you! Well, honestly, people CAN change themselves if they WANT to. See if he first of all realizes hes got anger issues. That’s number one point blank right there. If he doesn’t believe he’s got a problem…you gotta go quick! If he does admit…then see if hes willing to go get help. Maybe people’s always kissed his ass in life and never made him stop! Good luck!

Go back home. Don’t tell him, just disappear. If he’s like this the first year think how much worse it will get in 5 years? 10? And physical twice? He wouldn’t have gotten a 2nd chance with me or my kid’s. He has no relationship with your kids? That tells you he wants to isolate you. Can’t get along with not even one of your family members? Would you like me to go on? You made a mistake. Don’t throw your life away for a mistake. Leave, block his number or change yours. Just leave!

1 Like

Leave! I know it’s hard but anyone who wants you to give up things or people you love is not good for you.

Ohhh nooo…
Noooo…
He treats his mother badly…
Has gotten physical twice…
Has told you to FORGET your kids…
And doesn’t think much of women.
I pray you see this… I pray that you read all these comments…
Please don’t stay. Please go back home. Please .
After you are home… the fog will lift and you will see exactly what we all see… That you do not belong with him. No woman does.

2 Likes

If hes already laid hands on you twice… you need to go now. It will only get worse. I know this from experience. 15 years of marriage and no one could have told me it would get worse … I would have never believed them… until the night the bathroom door was busted down and a gun shoved in my face, thank God I already had 911 on the phone before he busted the door down. Get out now while you can. Each time he puts his hands on you makes it easier for him to do it the next time

You see it yourself, you have to get out of that marriage

1 Like

Either he changes and go to counseling give him an ultimatum. Tell him how you feel in a loving way. I made thr mistake of marrying a man who didn’t like him Mom . We divorced he was mean also a cheater.

Do some research on narcissism. You’ll be :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Sounds like he has a lot of character flaws. If you two would’ve slowed down, gotten to know each other better. You would’ve seen those red flags. Perhaps, you wouldn’t be back peddling out of the relationship right now.

Make a list of pros and cons. Base your decision on that.

1 Like

Too soon means you saw yourself with him in the future. If he is like this now and you feel like there is no hope…make your escape plan now and divorce.

1 Like

You need to watch “Dirty John” with Eric Bana! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: Red flags everywhere.

2 Likes

There is a lot of red flags here…if he works outside the home then I would pack my bags and leave while he is gone and go home or a shelter. There are places that will come pick you up if needed. I would not tell him first…it sounds like he may flip and possible hurt you so leave a note or don’t and just leave.

1 Like

My husband and I got married 6 months after meeting and it was hard in the beginning but he never disrespected me as a woman or tried to pull me away from my family. A fast courtship can work but only if both are willing to work at it and come together in compromising. Be open and honest with him but if you fear him then you need to get out of the situation fast to a place where you feel safe. You should never be afraid of your spouse

1 Like

He should have never had a second opportunity to get physical with you. You already know the right answer. Don’t take too long to follow through with it. He is dangerous, he is unhealthy for you, and you deserve so much better. Reconcile yourself to the idea that you’d rather be alone and happy, and healthy, than living in his emotional (and physical) prison. The type of stress alone that a destructive relationship like this can cause is very bad for your health, and terrible for your soul. Get. Out. Now.

1 Like

this will end badly. get out while its not as hard. go stay with one of your kids. dont even tell him you are going. and DONT go back no matter what.

1 Like

No one can tell you who you love but at the same time I need to look at everything and keep your eyes open on the things that are happening if he truly loves you

Usually a man will treat you like he does his mother and that is exactly what he is doing. He will not change. Run like your life depends on it, and it does. Good luck praying :pray::pray: for you

2 Likes

GET OUT! Look, if what you say or do gets on his nerves, then why should he be allowed in your pants. This is ridiculous to the core. The End

He has been physical with you? Get out now he talks down to you please respect yourself more than to put up with this

GET…OUT!

He has shown you all the warning signs of an abuser. Leave before you get hurt worse.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not salvageable. Leave before you become a statistic.

It’s called the cycle of abuse. Abusers move quickly. They isolate you from your family and friends. They break you down emotionally and mentally and then it gets physical. LEAVE.

Honey you married a narcissist. There’s so many red flags I don’t know where to begin. Pack your things and move back to Maryland ASAP. He has isolated you and normally that would work but lucky for, you have no children together. Leave now before you get more involved and it becomes harder to leave. Take it from someone with experience, things are never going good, he’s trained you to tip toe around his triggers and issues. No matter what you do, it will never be enough because once you meet his needs, he’ll raise the bar and want you to engulf yourself to be all about him and it will be your job and priority to fulfill any and all needs and he will expect nothing less. A great big sign is after an argument, he wants to replay what happened frame by frame to manipulate the story and have you feeling like you were wrong. He will minimize any of his wrong doing and make you feel like you are exaggerating. Please RUN!!

2 Likes

He is the text book definition of an abuser. It will continue and it will get worse. There will always be brief periods of “good times” but it always goes back. That is the cycle. Getting married too soon is subjective. It can happen and it can be healthy. But not with a “man” like this. This will never be healthy. Get out now. Go back to your children and do what you can to protect yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

Leave thing will only get wose don’t put up with this only you can change your heart and gut tells you what to do

Narcissistic personality abuse… why are you even asking for advice if you already know the answer sister… I pray for you

2 Likes

What’s there to love😒

Honey 3 months not enough time to get to know each other and i hate to say this but it sounds like hes a ticking time bomb if there are no kids with nothing is stopping you from leaving run like the wind if you value your life and a red flag he is disrespectful to mom youll get same i promise you

And if hes struck you before count on it happening again and you may end up dead just sayin. All the red flags flapping in the wind get out while you can

Run,I got one now,and it doesn’t get better and I’m 61 RUN

Yeah 3 monts is to fast to know someone, shit happens you made a mistake

Leave but don’t let him know because I have a feeling he will hurt you.

3 Likes

He sounds like he has a narcissist personally. You need to run. Its only going to get worse.
And if he has no respect for his mother, what makes you think he is going to have respect you.
Or ask him to go get counseling. He well not go. He well blame it all on you, and it’s all you fault for the way he treats you the way he dose. Please dont spend the next 10, or 15 years of your life thinking it’s going to change, it’s not!!! Please. My husband is the same way, everything is my fault, i dont do anything right, he is ALWAYS RIGHT, and he twist things around to make himself look good. Or right. And he HATES my kids. I have been in this unhappy marriage for almost 30 years. I kept praying that things would get better. Now im old, to old to work health is not good and not enough of ssi to live on.
Please, please, get out. Dont tell him. He well hurt you.

GET OUT your children are your life even if they are adults you come as a package and you need to just pack up and go back home were you belong

Thus may sound bad, but it sounds like he may have bipolar. My step dad is like this when he is not on medication. May be something worth looking into.

You can judge a man on how he treats his Mother. It’s better to go back home alive then in a body bag

1 Like

Damn. Took me 14 years to marry my husband and I still feel it was soon :joy: y’all wild

Oh god be careful , he sounds dangerous, if my husband lifted his hand to me I would leave and no second chance . His mother is in danger too .

Really? If your old enough to have grown kids you’re at an age where common sense should be at its pique. So RUN screw him get away cause one day he is gonna snap and take your life

2 Likes

You’re concerned that at your age people will talk as to why u did this so fast, and you just want to prove them wrong and so stay with him probably a little embarrassed aswell…but its a piece of paper and 3 months just leave!!. He married u within 3 months so u wouldn’t see his flaws, he then moved u far away to control & Isolate you aswell.
My CHILDREN ARE MY EVERYTHING & ofcourse family!!.(u should feel the same about yours).I would never ever move away from them no matter how old they are!..no matter what a partner would say, infact I prefer to be alone than have to do any of what u did. But hey I’m comfortable with myself because like I said my kids are everything despite the fact they are grown adults and living their lives.
You’re now isolated. If it was me…id pack while he is at work and leave while he is gone. Make sure u have savings on the side to be able to flee. I dont see this turning out well if u stay. So far u havnt much pushed his buttons…but what happens when you unknowingly do!?.
Just GO!!

2 Likes

I’d get out ASAP! Also remember when you do eventually go he will beg & plead and say he has changed. Do not listen to him and fall into the trap cause it will only get worse!! Good luck xx

Well, this is what happens when you get married after only three months :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Better get out while you can

Sounds like my ex. 5 years and he found a way to blame me for the way he is.

Honey, get while out while you can!

2 Likes

Girl. Go. Why you even asking what to do. Go.

How many warning signs do you need for your own safety you need to get out that’s a bad relationship the way he treats his mother big warning sign get out now

I hope you raised your kids with more common sense than you :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Leave now. It will never get better. He is abusive.

See ya buddy you deserve better honey its only going to get worse sorry but it’s a true story wrote time and time again! Stay strong!!:+1::facepunch: you know what you need to do easier said then done I hear ya

1 Like

#narcissist get out now before he rips your soul to shreds…

3 Likes

Have you ever thought he could be diabetic.that is how they are. One day they are the best person to be around the next day watch out. Sounds like he don’t mean to be ugly. Something just takes over him.

RUN!!! U will end up dead if you dont!

Sounds like hes trying to alienate you from everyone that loves you. This is a HUGE red flag! Walk away while you are still able to walk, the physical abuse will get worse very fast as will the emotional. I understand not wanting to end a marriage but its better than him ending your life.

1 Like

Run run as fast you can

This sounds like a dangerous situation, sounds like you know what you need to do. Please don’t let him continue to abuse you. It doesn’t matter how nice he is the next day, his real self is showing the moment he makes you feel like trash. Add to that the physical stuff. It’s totally unacceptable.

Abuse happens like a slow acting poison. It seeps into your relationship, and uses tiny words to cause huge doubt, in your self. Your anxiety is lying to you. You deserve better. Leave him if he is this way.

Sors de là .si tu ne veux pas faire la une des journaux.c’est néfaste et dangereux .

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound safe. You have to love yourself enough and get out of this marriage. If he treats his mom that bad…imagine how bad he will get with you? He’s already been physical twice.

1 Like

Nothing about this relationship sounds positive at all! He doesn’t have a relationship with your kids or family?! Your husband! Wtf? I’m sorry no freaking way! Move yourself back home and rethink your choices before choosing to jump into a marriage with someone who knows nothing about you or your life.

1 Like

Red flags all over. Run. Run as fast and as soon as you can

1 Like

You say you DONT want to end your marriage??? You should have been gone a long time ago. Nothing with this man will ever change, been there, done that. Trust me on this one!! You need to get away from him and the sooner the better.

4 Likes

Girl, run fast! Especially since hes been physical with you! It will only get worse!

3 Likes

You’re that desperate for a man?! Geezzz

2 Likes

You don’t need our advice, you need to grow some common sense. Nothing that any of us say is going to help your marriage. You need to run, and never look back.

4 Likes

Controlling, Narcissistic and abusive? You need to get the hell out of there now! It will not end well.

4 Likes

If he’s gotten physical with you twice, you need to know that it will continue, and probably get worse
The first red flag is how he treats his mother. Get out while you can

You need to leave now… I know you say you love him but nothing is ever going to change… The longer you wait the harder it’s going to be. Please please take my advice I know what I’m talking about. I am 72 years old and I have been thru this same situation…God bless…

Doesn’t sound like a good situation. He’s being abusive already. It’s never going to get better. Only much worse. Cut your losses and leave him. You can get an easy divorce in most states where he has gotten physical with you and not have a waiting period. I’m so sorry. You deserve so much more.

Is it just me, or does this sound like the plot of dirty John? :flushed: get out now

Run as fast as you can

Get out now he’s not worth it believe me

Get away and divorced ASAP. He is trying to control you.
Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. You should think about your children also. Someone that truly loved you would wand you to have a positive relationship with your kids. I think the only cares about himself.

if you have a daughter ask yourself what would you tell her if she had a man like your husband .you would tell her to get away from him fast

2 Likes

Please tell me you dont have a child with him! Get your butt back home to Maryland. Get a bat in the meantime.

Drop him there are too manny good men out there.

Run as fast as you can this wont get better and will get worse for both you and your children the red flags are there go before something happens that makes think if I had only save your babies from a hell

If he has no respect for his mom…that should be an eye opener!!!

2 Likes

Plane ticket back home

4 Likes

Sounds like a narsacist they do that and more start making plans to escape this situation it hurts at first but then you realize you’re alive :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

if that’s his veiws of women, he should never have a wife. You should get out and file for a devorse. He’s controlling you and his views are way way outdated. you know your worth and your rights. Do let a person take those away from you.

4 Likes

Honestly I think you already know what to do. But if you truly don’t then ask yourself this how would I answer if one of my children told me they were in a relationship just like mine. What would your answer be? If you would tell them to leave then you have your answer. For me the minute he told me to forget about my children or got physical with me I would be out. How he talks to his mom ehhh, not a deal breaker only because I don’t know their history maybe she is toxic and he has good reason to talk to or treat her as he does. However he also does that to you so yeah no, obviously he has issues he needs to work on. I would also say if you truly want to stay then tell him what you don’t like and if he is willing to work on them if not then it boils down to either 1- leaving 2- accepting he won’t change and it’s who he is.

2 Likes

Run as fast as you can.

3 Likes

Sounds like an abusive prick. Pack your stuff and leave!

3 Likes

I think you know what you have to do. Especially if you want your kids in your life

2 Likes

Definitely leave. Don’t let him know while you make plans. I’d go back home where you have support…
You need to leave before you’re brainwashed as it’ll get harder to leave the longer you stay

2 Likes

Just ask yourself what you would tell your children if they came to you with an abusive, controling, narcissist? You would tell them to leave and you deserve better! Now do that for yourself.
He married you so soon so you wouldn’t see his behavior first. He trapped you. But your not truly trapped, get out asap, move home closer to family and away from his toxic behavior.

4 Likes

Get out NOW! It will only get worse.

2 Likes

Most abusers want you away from your family, that’s why he has no relationship with them and tells you to do the same. They try to make it so you have no where to run if you do want to get away. I’ve been there. I was in a similar relationship for a little over 10 years. Love will not change him. Offer to go to counseling or plan on leaving, without him knowing. It will only get worse.

2 Likes

Tell him you want to go home to visit and don’t come back. No temper then hopefully right? He won’t get a plane ticket ask your folks or if you have a car, start putting items in it when he isn’t home. Make sure you have pocket money. Your children live where? Your kids are #1. But just time away will help you make a decision that you are comfortable with. Not waiting every day for another explosion.

That’s not “anger”; that’s abuse. Pack up & say buh-bye…leave & don’t look back.

2 Likes

You need to leave and go back to your family,I feel this could get worse if you don’t. Any man who would disrespect his mom has something wrong to start with

1 Like

You need to divorce… He will never change his ways of thinking. You think it’s bad now? I feel like it’s only going to get worse.

This is why you don’t marry someone 3 months after you meet them. You need to know them, their family, be with them long enough to get to know their full emotional spectrum. And see them during a crisis. (so you can see how they handle it.)

Omg… WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS GUY THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH”??? If half of how you describe him is accurate then this guy is like a disrespectful selfish controlling abusive moody bastard. What redeeming qualities could he possibly have to overcome all the negative!!! I can tell you right now, you need to end this and move home but this guy will make it hell for you to do that.

Counseling might help. If he has no respect for his mother or you I would definitely rethink your future with this man. You said he’s been physically abusive…I would advise you to end this toxic relationship before it escalates.

If anyone ever told me to forget about my kids… I’d leave. No questions asked. No one will tell me to forget about my children. That’s your first mistake

Get out, it will just get worse.