I think my boyfriend is hiding something: Advice?

I think you’re creating a problem where there wouldn’t have been one. You trust or you don’t. Even if he did go to buy you something special like a ring, you don’t seem to value your relationship to talk to him about it bothering you or you dont trust him enough to be acting in your best interest. I have definitely gone to the store, turned off my phone, and browsed for a while when I was annoyed with my ex-husband about his attitude.

1 Like

I think you ask him to many questions, he’s getting tired of it ,maybe he’s hanging out with friends or found someone that doesn’t treat him like a child with all the questions, everything you say to him seems to start with a “W” ! " Why"? " When "? "Where "?

2 Likes

either you’ve been cheated on by him so don’t trust him (then leave because if there is no trust there is nothing) or your blowing this up out of proportion. Stalking is toxic that’s not a healthy relationship for you or him. You trust him or you leave.

1 Like

Maybe he’s going to propose :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

why is everyone blaming her? yes obviously she doesn’t trust him, but why did he get all huffy about such a simple question? “why did you even stop by home instead of just shopping before coming back” is a valid question and it would’ve been so easy for him to be like “idk i didn’t think about it until i was already almost here” or “i just wanted to check in with you”. he sounds like he is very difficult to even speak to if he’s always like this. and if he wanted to cool off he should’ve COMMUNICATED that, not shut off his phone and ignored his partner.

7 Likes

I can see your issue, it does sound fishy, but if youve gotten to the point of tracking his phone then it’s not worth keeping the relationship if theirs that little trust (not saying you did anything wrong)

3 Likes

Wow does he need your permission to go out shopping?? Do you check his location often? Maybe he just wanted to have some peace and think!

1 Like

listen to your instincts. hard as it may be. don’t get gaslit. not sure lf you have kids but bf is not the same as husband, esp if you don’t. sounds like a bad situation & odds are he’s not going to change. so if you are willing to stay, sounds like you will working to put in 100% by yourself, if you can even manage it.

Listen to your gut feeling. It will tell you what you already know.

4 Likes

I and my husband fight sometimes he leaves in the morning and I don’t say shit or he is late getting home . He work very hard a d is a cna and working through all this crap going on is stressful… However he doesn’t answer the phone too sometimes but he is tired and he has shit to do . I don’t think he is cheating he came back and asked you and he went and got you something for Xmas most men wouldn’t do that if something is up … Don’t worry and don’t ruin a good thing…

maybe hes buying/looking for a ring for u and thats y he shut location off…i mean…idk…stop asking so many questions and trust him. he cant surprise you if u gonna ask a million questions

1 Like

Trust your intuition. Something is wrong, you feel it.

1 Like

Trust is something you really can’t get back…so if their was an issue before it’s not going away…it’ll ruin you both

Sounds like he did care… wouldn’t have went out to his vehicle for 15 min then come back in to talk to you if he really didn’t. It’s the holidays which sometimes causes people to be sneaky/off putting because they are trying to plan a surprise.

Try an apology and letting things go back to normal, if it happens again, after the holidays or starts being a thing on a regular basis then wave the red flag and ask questions.

2 Likes

The guy is dating his mother not his girlfriend… So many questions as A woman I have a headache already reading all that. You even have to know his location. Maybe he just wanted time away from you… If my man were to say I wanted to do Christmas shopping for you, I will not say half of what you have said I will be happy and not ask questions. You do not trust him and you are showing him

5 Likes

I’m so fucking sorry, I honestly am. Listen to your instincts and if he cheated don’t take him back. If you can kick him out, if you don’t have any money but want to leave contact a community action in your county or find something that will pay rent for you. Fuck that

1 Like

If you don’t trust him you need to let it go.

3 Likes

Just decide what’s best for you in which ever cases cheating or not there is clearly trust issues or insecurities but the could be based on your instincts so don’t stalk his behavior. Just decide if you can spend your life feeling this way and either trust him or leave him. When my gut says something I just leave i don’t need to be convinced I was right in each case but that wasn’t the point. I did what was best for me period.

he was talking to other people before hes cheating sorry to say my ex would disappear for hours on end and was screwing anything he could get . just end it if you dont trust eachother why waste years of your life i wasted 8 i can never get back

5 Likes

Nope! Something is up. He left for 15 minutes to talk to someone to say he can’t make it and then asked his partner if she’ll be upset if he still goes. Leaves home at 5:30pm and doesn’t get home till 10pm, always changing his story about where he has been and why he didn’t have his phone on him - oh please, everyone has their phone on them all the time. He is a liar. Trust your gut girlfriend. Confront him if he keeps actually strange. Don’t stay in a relationship where you have to second guess everything.

8 Likes

How is his mental health? Could he be struggling with depression or anxiety? Covid isolation with everything closed, etc has made some people’s depression come out of the woodworks.
NOT making an excuse but I have “escaped” a few times and done exactly this. Some people need alone time to be just that. ALONE.

3 Likes

Is your name Shelby :joy::skull:if so I have screen shots for you days for you.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lack of communication, no trust and parenting instead of partnering. Maybe this would of been a good time to skip dinner making and yall both enjoy some own time. Some people do not like getting out of routine as it raises fears and anxieties and that’s what this sounds like. You make dinner and have it ready about the time he is to arrive and he had other plans and it was a domino effect from there. You have to have trust or you have nothing. Delete that location app and carry on with life. Maybe he feels suffocated with you knowing every detail of every event. It has been a interesting year and the holidays are here which will make it worse. Just enjoy every moment and stop reading so far into stuff untill he giver you a reason to. “He has talked to other women” maybe it’s time to part ways and both of you find your happiness.

tbh i ALWAYS wanna stop at home and see my person. chill with tracking him. you’re looking to deep into it. maybe he really wanted to go shopping but the interaction upset him and he needed space. don’t jump to conclusions. just sit down and tell him how you’re feeling.

2 Likes

That’s a long time…doesn’t make sense. I would’ve left when he talked to someone the first time. That moment the trust was gone and it’s not gonna come back.

2 Likes

Call ya’ll imagine if she found out he was planning a proposal :joy:

I think he just needed a night out, to unwind. Initially, he probably thought he’d also see if he could grab you a gift while he was out. Obviously, he didn’t “forget” his cell phone in his truck. He intentionally left it because now, in addition to needing to unwind, he’s a little stressed over something that shouldn’t have been an issue to begin with.
Sometimes it’s hard living with someone. Even if you love them to pieces, sometimes you just need time alone. Not because you’re mad, not because you want to cheat, not because you don’t love your significant other, but just because you need some time to be alone to do your thing… and nothing more.
You can’t decide to move forward in a relationship (with prior trust issues) if you can’t leave those in the past. Otherwise, you are not moving forward and you’re keeping them from moving forward too. If you can’t get over the past, then leave the relationship. If you’ve forgiven whatever transgressions of the past, then you need to be proactive in proving it. Clean the slate, emotionally and physically.
Don’t be overbearing and controlling because of insecurities from the past. Sounds to me like the poor guy just needed a night out.
My guy loves Walmart. It’s weird… but I say have at it! And Grab some laundry soap while you’re there! … lol

1 Like

Husband did this. I found proof he’s cheating. Sorry. But you’re getting cheated on. Call a lawyer.

Just remember a woman’s intuition can see through illusive intent

1 Like

My ex “lost” his phone
He was in a hotel room with another girl round the corner from my house
He “found” it again the next morning once they’d finished
She very kindly sent me pictures of the 2 of them together after she found me on Facebook to tell me to stay away from him
Girl, you can have him!
It took 2 years to even begin thinking about trusting again, and it took the first 2/3 years of my current relationship to trust him fully.
Get rid of him, find someone that doesn’t put doubt in your mind, usually you’re right to be doubting them.

3 Likes

When u have to put a tracker on ur phone to follow every move, no trust there. Smothering him. Move on .

1 Like

Its sounds like u both have trust issues ?
Turning his location off? Who tracks their partners :woman_shrugging:
I mean if u or him cant go out without the other one thinking ur cheating there is major issues and should prob end before it gets ridiculous.
Of course if hes been caught b4 u are always going to think hes doing it again
And he ain’t helping the situation if he isn’t answering/responding to u

This is why you dont ever ask on an online forum for advice. Talk to someone you trust in person.

1 Like

I kinda thought the proposal too. I get it you’re feeling something is up. But also have an open mind. I have ruined good surprises because of my jealousy and anxiety and it’s not good for a relationship.

Trust your gut. People with nothing to hide don’t act defensive and shady!

You have trust issues, he has truth issues. People jump into living together before they have worked these things out. Personally I think he is cheating. Maybe not physically but seeing someone. Probably someone he works with.

I hate to say it, but chances are, he’s doing it again, or maybe even meeting up with someone else. I’ve been there and I wish I had left sooner. I hope I’m wrong. That’s just my experience.

Sounds like you have an unhealthy relationship. Control issues, trust issues, and a dash of cheating. Yall either need couples counseling or to break up. Neither of you will be happy keeping it like it is though.

Trust ur gut. If u think somethings up it usually is. its up 2 u 2 figure out if its 4 bad or good. However if there is no trust in the relationship there isnt a relationship worth having. The fact that u have 2 track him says alot. Since christmas is coming up I would definatly wait that one out but continued behavior says more is going on. Considering u said hes only a bf there is no real commitment 2 have 2 hold onto unless theres a kid involved.

Honey, you already know the answer to your question and nothing that any of us have to say here is going to make any difference, you know that something is not right, that’s all you need to know… being in that position sucks and I’m really sorry, I dealt with it for 16 years and the only thing I regret is not leaving my ex a lot sooner, I tried to give excuse after excuse, chance after chance and the only one that hurt was myself and our children because he didn’t care, don’t make the same mistakes❤️

2 Likes

Trust your gut! If something feels wrong, then there is definitely something wrong.

1 Like

This sounds like a toxic relationship.

Trust your instinct. If something doesn’t feel right it’s usually not. What’s done in the dark will come to light.

Best piece of advice is that your gut is never wrong. You may not have all the answers, but when you know something isn’t right, then trust that feeling

If you can’t trust your partner you have no business being in that relationship. I could never be in a relationship where I am paranoid every second my partner is away.