I think my husband feeds my daughter too much at one time: Should I say something?

Let daddy and baby learn together :heart:

5 Likes

Omg my kids dad did the same thing. I just told him smaller bites. You need to learn the ancient art of bitching.

I would trust his parenting if he’s active dad unless she really starts choking bad. All Babes gag when they are just starting solids because it’s different textures and different consistencies

3 Likes

Just let him feed her…if she’s not choking or gagging it’s not a problem… it sounds like she’s eating pretty soft foods… at 6 months I start my children on eatting all the s as me things we do just mlm in smaller pieces…fruits veggies, meat the whole 9 she should b ok… unless he is causing her to choke

1 Like

No she should be getting a bite the size of your finger nail. Even at a year old my son still gets small bites. The bites he’s giving her will result in her choking.

Let her feed herself. Problem solved. She’s old enough and it’ll let her decide on how much food she wants in her mouth.

10 Likes

Look into baby led weaning.
It’s a choking hazard to be feed baby, it’s best they learn to feed themselves, that way they learn moderations, portion sizes, hand eye coordination etc

2 Likes

Stop.
If you don’t, you’ll be bitching that he won’t feed her.
Dad’s are different. They parent different.
You either trust him or you don’t. So, when he feeds her, GO AWAY. Take a shower, take a bath, go watch tv. Stop helicopter parenting your child’s father. :heart:

I’m tired of seeing “at least he’s helping”, etc. He’s the dad. Why is it not normal for a father to help raise his child. If my boyfriend helped my son with homework and was teaching him the wrong shit, i wouldn’t say “at least he’s helping”. I’m sorry most of you have bum ass men who don’t want to help you with the children, but it is not normal or acceptable. It’s called being a dad.

Oh my goodness be glad you have an involved father!! Lots of guys don’t help at all… I’m sure he isn’t going to make her throw up. Make sure he uses baby spoons I hardly p believe age is gagging the way you wrote this is like trying to make him look worse than it actually is .Because you would have focussed on the fact he was feeding her till she gagged but instead you’re mean focus and your main complaint is that she has a mouthful honestly if you really have a problem with it you need to talk to him and only him no amount of people or our comments can help you only you can help yourself with that situation if you’re really that concerned then you have to sit him down and discuss it with him. You said you trust him so if you trust him then you have to trust his judgment not thinking making a post on this social media platform is a good idea

3 Likes

And by the way if he has Facebook he can see this post so just tag him in it and get it over with

1 Like

So like 90% of these comments are ridiculous. He’s your partner. Talk to him. Say “I love that you’re involved with feeding but i think she might need smaller bites.” Problem solved.

4 Likes

He is going to choke her. Tell him he needs to stop or you feed her.

1 Like

You could just just tell him in a very nice way it worries you and to make you feel better could he please give smaller bites of food. I don’t think you’re wrong and I don’t think he’s wrong. You’re both new parents and need to respect and consider each other’s feels as you learn together :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, no… That’s a choking hazard. No need to do that.

1 Like

I would just let her feed herself. Food before 1 is for fun anyway. Check out baby led weaning

2 Likes

CPR, if you’re not go to a redcross and learn it from a professional. My bf would do the same thing until our son choked, just glad I’ve been trained in BLS for years. Tell him babies take Forever to eat. Maybe get those tiny baby spoons, if you dont have them they hardly hold any food.

1 Like

Keep at him dont give in. You feed her let him do something else like make your dinner . Babies choke to easily . And as a nurse who fed people who couldnt feed themselves ,i say small bites . To much food will go into your airway and into your lungs . If this happens ,surgeons will stick a tube down to fish out the food . Yuck ,no fun . Please feed her Yourself ,you know whats right. At 1 year your child can feed herself small pieces of finger foods ,ie;cereal ,like cheerios ,fruits ,cheese cubes ,small pieces hot dogs. Vegetables .

Yes say something! Choking hazard for sure.

Just say you think maybe it’s a tad too much. He shouldn’t take offense to that and you can be nice about it. I don’t get the issue lol.

Make him go to a baby cpr class

1 Like

Yeah you’re not tripping. I wouldn’t allow it.

1. baby is old enough to feed herself solid food (veggies, eggs etc) 2. things like apple sauce that you cant pick up use a baby spoon. Can’t overfill that

I did baby led weaning with my son at 6 months. If they have had enough to eat they just wont eat it. It’s best if bubba just picks up the food themselve maybe mention that it will help with half the problem :grinning:

3 Likes

He thinks if she has big amounts she’s actually eating… I have this issue with my husband… since our daughter started eating regular food it’s always big spoon fulls of what ever…I tell him to chill out and then I take over giving her small amounts and he gets upset like it won’t fill her up

1 Like

Or maybe just say it’s bad manners to stuff your mouth completely full with food, probably makes it harder to chew with you mouth closed😄

This is petty to me :joy:

4 Likes

She should not be eating eggs yet at all and no your right to be worried about her choking. It happens and happens fast and can be scary if you don’t know what to do for it.

1 Like

My son is 10 months and has been eating puffs for about 3, 2 weekends ago he choked on one, I gripped him up so fast and white liquid shit came out of his mouth then he was good, first and only time he’s choked scared the living fuxk out of me but your not as quick with anything except your kids, especially if choking

If she isn’t choking, she’s fine.

If you don’t trust it, if it makes you uncomfortable and he ignores your discomfort or suggestion, and the two of you can’t discuss and compromise, it becomes an issue even if the details aren’t.

And its disgusting how many other women can say, “Just be glad he’s helping” and praise him for ignoring her concerns and doing his part. She shouldn’t “just be glad” he’s doing his job as a parent. He should also be doing his job as a partner. And doing what’s necessary doesn’t make him the best dad on earth who is incapable of doing no wrong, nor does it negate her concern.

Why are you feeding a baby eggs…that’s not something you give them until 1 years old…and yeah having your kid choke on food is not okay. If he refuses to listen, you take over feeding. If my husband did that to the kid I’d start stuffing his mouth and ask if he likes it. No? Don’t do it to a baby :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Well at this age baby can start feeding then selfs so with eggs etc let baby do it. “They stuff there mouth full as well normally” do baby led weaning no need for jar crap. If baby is eatting fone amd not chocking then leave it alone. He’s right there if something happens. Sounds pretty petty to me since he is just as involved as you. No i wouldn’t keep packing there mouth full but my kid’s didn’t liek tiny bites. They want a normal size bite.

Say something!! My baby feeds himself but if I saw anyone give him a mouthful for one bite I would be livid!!

Your fear is legit. If she gagging it’s too much and at 9 months she shouldn’t have a full mouth.

1 Like

Give him a smaller spoon!

I was thinking she would spit it too Nicole.

Make him stop he’s going to end up choking her you’ll have her in the emergency room he’s a nut

Before I would bite my tongue I’d bite his tongue always speak up you have your rights sometimes they don’t know in a lot of times they do know and sometimes they do it to irritate you and they’re hurting the child I went through that a lot