I think my mom called CPS on me: What should I do?

Cut her off if you dont she will keep doing this to you.

1 Like

I would cut her off!

1 Like

If you can cut her out, cut her out. It’s not worth dealing with that kind of crap all the time.

1 Like

My mother called CPS on me for 3 years, CPS entertained her false allegations even when my kids pediatrician told CPS no abuse. I hired a lawyer to get the harassment to end. I will never speak to my mother again!

2 Likes

Snip snip cut her lose

3 Likes

I would just keep my distance you dont have proof she called just a really good hunch… not saying you arent wrong but i wouldnt spend a lot of time with her because if you cut her off and she is a narcissist she will come after you and make more cps claims

Move on with your life. Cut off toxic people even if it’s family.

1 Like

Npd is a difficult situation
You have to be careful bc you become their narcissistic supply
And they thrive on conflict

2 Likes

Toxic is toxic…
But unless you KNOW 110%, Don’t do something you will regret later on. Thing is… once she’s gone, I mean REALLY gone, you don’t get another mom. Tread lightly. The guilt and regret if you find out too late it wasn’t her, will eat you alive.

2 Likes

Pull out cash from the ATM, approximately $150, you’ll need to buy a shovel, hacksaw, and 4 rubber made totes, from there you need to buy a vehicle that was made prior to 1980. Maybe ive said too much

7 Likes

Toxic is as toxic does. It doesn’t change. Protect yourself by limiting contact… Be aware that every personal detail you divulge can be used against you.

4 Likes

do not call do you need this drama

1 Like

why do you keep doing this to yourself and your kids keep her at arms length

1 Like

Iv had to cut my mom and sister off because how toxic they are

If she knew everything in the report she definitely done it and she dont deserved yall!! Best of luck to you!!

1 Like

I’d cut mom off but let sister k ow that you know is wasn’t her and it was mom

Did you ask the accused sibling about the situation? If it was me I would either cut all ties or have the relationship be very limited. Such as we wouldn’t talk much and get togethers would never be at my house and would always be with other people around.

Cut them out and keep them away and give their information to cps for future reference as harssment . But always talk to cps when claims are made. U dont need the drama.

If you’ve cut her off before and she’s still doing this maybe she just needs cut off for good :woman_shrugging:t2: when it comes to our kids we have to do what we have to do.

3 Likes

Cut her off. You gave her a chance, she blew it. Zero guilt on your part.

2 Likes

You all sound nuts, and cases stay in system

3 Likes

Id ask your sibling and honestly cut ties with your mom. Either your mom did it or the sibling and her discussed it in detail and probably did it together.

It’s most likely a toxic mom and daughter thing. I’m 64 and still my mom tries to control my life…run far away

3 Likes

Omg… how horrible!! I am so sorry! But yeah toxic family is still toxic! Pull out those scissors

Wow. If you believe it’s her then I’d cut her off because that’s not something you mess around with.

It’s hard to accuse someone when you don’t have 100% proof. Could of been either one of them and they discussed it amongst themselves. What reason do they have to call anyways?? Just to stay free of drama make a check list and do everything right :white_check_mark::wink:. Continue living the best you can. Keep your relationship with them generic nothing personal.

They can’t close a case that quick. It has to stay open for a minimum of 60 days. They don’t necessarily act on any accusations, and they usually don’t continue visits, etc. but the case has to stay open, be for it can be officially closed and “un indicated”

3 Likes

I go through the same shit, cut her off. Trust me its going to get worse if you let her in

Honestly she’s toxic and your better off not having here bring you down. Unfortunately we have to make these tough decisions for the sake of ourselves and children. It’s a cycle to break , I’ve had to do the same !

2 Likes

Toxic is toxic! Family or not you don’t need that in your life. Seriously someone calls cps on me with some false accusations they would never see me or my kids again :v:t3:

I get trying to keep people

She crossed the line with false accusations and calling cps! That shouldn’t even be a question she didn’t care about what could happen to your kids.

I think if the claims were true and had grounds (which it sounds like they didn’t because it was dropped), I would continue to build a relationship with her because she was only looking out for the best interest of the children. HOWEVER, seeing as the claims were not true, I find that to be extremely toxic and could have severely harmed your children should they have been removed from your care, with that being said I would cut ties.

1 Like

Family or not…. If they are toxic, cut them out. You have one life… don’t waste it on people who are causing you harm or stress.

I’m sorry momma as hard as it is you need to cut ties with your mom

She’s a manipulative narcissist, yet you WANT her fucking up your life :rofl::rofl::rofl: Do exactly what she wants then - coddle her. Call her, YOU apologize bcuz you were wrong, she was right. And walk on eggshells to keep the broad happy.
When in reality,you should just not worry about it and let her go.

Get rid of your family and move on. It’s okay to cut toxic people out of your life, even if it’s family….

Ewww cut her tf back off. You openly admitted she’s a manipulative narcissist. Also y ok ur siblingbshould know that your mom said it was her that called.

sounds like your mom already cut off your relationship.

I think you know what you must do, listen to your heart.

1 Like

If you know she is the way you stated she is Cut her out for good and get a restraining order against her.

1 Like

Your family sounds toxic, cut them off

1 Like

They always call.me when stupid people call on me and don’t get there facts first pisses me off I would cut my mom out

Trust your gut. Trust your instinct. I had to walk away from toxic family members for my own good and I think you should too…

This happened to me a year ago. Needless to say my kids and myself haven’t talked to my mom in a year. The CPS worker said stay clear of her.

I haven’t spoken to my mother since I called her out on having called… except to try to claim a crate was hers when it wasn’t. I was even nice and acknowledged her on mothers day and let my kids get her things. Ended up leaving them at her door and haven’t heard since.
She sounds very toxic. I removed myself a couple times in the passed. That was the breaking point for me. How much did she really care if now she’s no where to be found.
Her loss but in the mean time your headache. Good luck hun. I really do wish you the best. Just be careful either way.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so quick to think she did it. The sibling could have told her they were or could have ran their mouth to her about what they had an issue with. Your mom may not have called but if she didn’t she KNOWS who. I personally would come to the conclusion (based on what you said) that the sibling ran their mouth to mom, cps was called with or without mom’s knowledge and when you called, mom just reacted. When someone is forced to respond before they can think straight enough to lie they often reveal more than they would if they had planned. Which could be why she’s backtracking and playing victim.
Either way she either called or had no problem with the sibling calling. Cut them out!!

1 Like

Toxicccccccc… I’d stay away

If everything was ok be great ful.

1 Like

Tour mother seems very toxic and I wouldnt allow my children to be around her.

Id be cutting and burning that bridge if my mom did some shady two timing sheet like that.

Mother or not she’s messing with your children now. If it were me… I wouldn’t forgive her.

1 Like

Kids come first so bye mom :v: what happens if she tries again and cps believes her this time? I wouldn’t risk it . She obviously dosnt care about yr relationship as much as you do, so no need to keep someone like that around

1 Like

Cut her off!!! Protect your babies and your home!

I’d cut toxic people out regardless of who they were to me. Let go of them and move on with your life. It’s best for you and your kids.

I’d break away from family if they’re going to call in false accusations. You need to protect your family from people who are intentionally trying to cause harm.

I am going to say communication is key what I think you need to do is be completely honest with her ! Then see what happens , what she says back, how she reacts and maybe it will clear the air for both of you . That being said you cannot change a person. Manipulating and narcissism is not something anyone can change overnight and you do need to put your children and sanity first ! My father is super toxic he does drugs is an alcoholic and has no issues cutting deep in arguments or anything to get his way. The type of relationship I keep is text only no visits ,minimal to no phone convo. I do text him to ask how he is it’s short and then say love you not I love you just love u . Keeping a relationship doesn’t mean it has to be any kind of way that anyone else expects. It is what makes you comfortable! I did tell him the truth I told him I accept him for who he is but I cannot allow his behavior around my children! If they want a relationship they will do what it takes I believe! I realize our situations are completely different but just sharing so you can see different perspectives. In all honesty if you cut her out it will be for you because it truthfully won’t necessarily make sure she won’t call CPS on you again.

My mother did this made up vicious lies and then denied it, but they told me it was her. I haven’t spoken to her since. Actually glad she did it now gave me excuse to cut her out for good :100:

1 Like

If nothing happened and you are a good mother, let it go. And if it happens again don’t tell anyone. It’s not their business. Don’t cut ties with your family for one day they won’t be there at all. If God can forgive so can you.

Oh honey I’m sorry you had to even deal with that, there’s nothing scarier to a good mother than the thought of someone taking her children from her. That’s crossing a huge line to me, you don’t play with someone’s babies like that :rage: if it were me, I’d cut her off if you know for sure it was her. What kind of mother would do that to her own child?? I wouldn’t allow her another opportunity to mess with you again. I hope things work out for you :heart::heart:

I would cut them off in a heartbeat. No second thoughts. They seem like the kind of people you dont need in your life

If you totally cut her off you may regret it, but myself I would keep my distance wait for her to reach out and keep contact limited.

1 Like

Toxic borderline narcissistic from this point of view

Cut her out again and keep it that way.🤦

I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, but if someone made up lies to try to get my kids taken away from me I would never have anything to do with them again. If they were on fire and I had a glass of water I would drink it.

4 Likes

Some family is best loved from a distance. I would cut her off from regular communication and ANY communication with your children if it were me.
What if the interview had gone differently and you had to fight to get your kids back? She seems very toxic.

5 Likes

Well some parents are toxic. So time for ties to be cut. Especially when they start trying to bring Cps in.

1 Like

When you share intimate details about your personal life with others, you take the risk that they will twist, distort, and/or use that information against you. Sometimes it’s coworkers, or people you consider to be your friends, and sometimes it’s family members who would like to control your life.

If you’ve done nothing wrong, and you’re vindicated, then you’re in the clear.

But there is still damage that has been done … trust broken, for one, but also you have suffered the embarrassment and humiliation of being investigated, not to mention the stress and anxiety that comes with the whole situation.

Maybe your mom didn’t call. Maybe your sibling didn’t call. Maybe one of these two, or both together, convinced someone else to call. Maybe a complete stranger or neighbor called. That’s the sad part … you’ll never know … because CPS is not going to reveal to you who the person is that reported you to them.

Trust your gut … if you think your mom and/or sibling can’t be trusted, then it’s simple … don’t trust them with any personal information or details about your life.

3 Likes

I’d say cut her off and move on.

I would cut out her and anyone in contact with her. Your children’s safety is not worth this. You got lucky this time but what if she had gotten your kids taken away? She is not a safe person to have in your life.

2 Likes

Pray and ask GOD to show you what to do, The Bible says Honor your Mother and Father, you do your part and allow GOD to do His.

1 Like

Cut her off unless you like dealing with the drama and headache she causes you.

:scissors: stick to it this time. She’s :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

If she truly believed CPS was needed, why wouldn’t she speak with you first about your so called “issues”? No good grandmother calls CPS on their own daughter unless it is truly needed. Case was closed so obviously they weren’t needed! She’s toxic as hell and that would be my final straw!

5 Likes

your family has issues.

1 Like

This is so hard bc its your mom. I wouldn’t cut her off completely. Maybe create some distance and keep personal things to yourself. You have kids and that is their grandmother too. So its not only your life that will change. Its theirs too.

Im also a forgiver though. I forgive a lot that I shouldn’t.

I mean… it don’t seem like she learned her lesson 🤷

1 Like

I’d cut mom off, if she called she was calling with the intention to get the kids taken…and for the sister reach out ONCE if she refuses to believe you then let it be and go about your life.

1 Like

The Sisterhood: Daughters of Narcissistic and Abusive Mothers

Unfortunately if she is toxic you don’t need her in your life. Making a CPS charge is serious aside from the fact it is taking resources from real and serious issues. Do not ever leave her alone with your kids. She will poison them against you.

1 Like

She called cps on you… why on earth would you want to reach out to her? Time to cut ties.

3 Likes

I would cut myself off from the family. It would seen they are toxic to your life. I had family like that once and no matter how hard I tried I was always the bad guy and got screwed in the end.

Definitely cut ties on her…just because she is yiur mom doesn’t mean you have to maintain a toxic relationship with her. Do what’s best for you and your family

Anybody that calls cps on u for no reason needs to be out of ur life immediately no matter who it is

3 Likes

I would cut her off completely. Her own damn fault. Obviously cps wasn’t needed & for your own mom to call cps on you, is low. Don’t stoop down to her level.

I had my mom call cps on me when i moved with my bf 2.5 hours away. Cps found it false. But i still had to deal with them for 30 days. My mom actually drove all the way up here in my grandmas car the day she called and showed up at the gas station by my house and talked to the cops that was coming to the house. Funny thing is we went to the gas station as she so happened to be there talking to them. I didnt relize it was her in my grandmas car but had a feeling it was my grandmas car when i seen it. We went home and the cops followed us there. Didnt even have time to get out the car before they pulled in. My parents took it as far as contacting my daughters bio dads mom trying to get ahold of him. He knows how they are so he had his mom ignore them and so did he. He didnt even care about it bc he knew it was all lies. I ended up cutting my family out my life for months and still dont really talk to my grandma bc she lied to me about my parents taking the car. She even knew they called cps and sitll insisted they didnt but obviously it was her. And this all happened bc i moved 2.5 hours away with my bf to get away from the city and all the covid outbreaks and a good school for my daughter to attend to where she could actually to in person schooling for kindergarten.

If you are truly innocent of things I would distance myself from her completely. Mother or not that is insane

I wouldn’t cut her off completely yet. I would give it time and let things calm down. And have her reach out to you. Don’t reach out to her right now. If it doesn’t work out then you can cut her off.

Sounds like she is very toxic best for your family she’s not around :revolving_hearts:good luck

I’d cut her out. You cut her out before presumably because she was toxic, and I hate to say it but she doesn’t seem to have changed.

Cut her back out. She should only get the ONE chance to burn you again before getting the boot. What you allow is what will continue. People treat you how you allow them to.

My mom did the same thing a while back,plus other things I won’t see or talk to her anymore

I did cut mine off after she called CPS on me. My dumbass allowed her back in my life. She did not change. Cut her off and live your life without her. It will free you of all the stress and drama.

I don’t care who you are if you are toxic for my kids or myself you’re cut!!

Cut her off. No way, no how. You don’t play with CPS. Many parents have lost their kids over false accusations. Anyone who reports false accusations to CPS is never going to be in my life. I don’t care who they are.

That would be the last time she ever heard from me or my kids. Period.

1 Like

Don’t know the whole situation, so hard to say, did she call cps out of spite or anger, or did she have some real concerns, of course if she did have some concerns, smart thing would have been to have a conversation with you, so maybe could work it out without involving authorities, you stated you just got on good terms with her again, also allowing anyone in and out of your kids lives is never good, perhaps distance yourself a while, then try to work it out, good luck

Cut her out of your life. Manipulation/Blaming is something Relatives(parents/siblings/cousins/etc) seem to do when they want to get their way.

1 Like

I think cutting her off is the most healthy

1 Like

If she’s a true narcissist then you should have the very minimal interactions with her to begin with IF she has manipulated you already and especially if your intuition “gut feelings” are telling you she called…

If someone is willing to get your kids taken from you I wouldn’t want them in my life, family or not.

6 Likes