I told my boyfriend to change his ways or I am gone: Thoughts?

So my boyfriend and I have a little girl. She’s five months, and it’s getting harder. I live with my mom, and he rents a place. The place doesn’t allow us to be together, and he just started working so we can get our place. All we do know is a fight. I have our daughter most of the time, I also go to school online full time, plus working and doing side jobs. So I’m always stress and tried, but I keep going. He just started a new job, and he’ll be gone for a week for training. But he wants to fight about everything. Apparently, I take everything out on him, but if I do, I try not to, but he doesn’t work with me. His birthday is coming out, and I was planning out to take him out for his birthday. But all he wants to do is have sex. I’m fine with it, but he acts like we never do. He says I don’t make time for him, but I do, yet all he wants to do is have sex and then want to fight if he doesn’t get his way. He’s getting annoying, and I just don’t know what to do. I’ve told him to change his ways, or I’m walking out. Yet he’ll act one way then 5 mins later a different way.

12 Likes

Why would he want to be gone all the time

You already have a child. He needs to grow up for sure…

2 Likes

Sounds like you both need to grow up. Realize yall now have a baby, and need to either learn how to get along or be done. If yall are fighting like this while you dont live together… imagine how it will be living with each other…

5 Likes

Move on you’ll thk me

1 Like

I wouldn’t have that much stuffing around my child.

He’s not even your husband… Tell him to get going

2 Likes

You don’t need a child. Stop giving him chances because he’s never going to stop and it usually just gets worse. Imagine how bad it be if you actually lived together :scream::dizzy_face:. Move on.

4 Likes

Move on for sure. Sounds like a guy I know. This guys in his 40s still cant grow up. Its not all about sex. You have a baby. He needs to put his big boy panties on get shit together. Can there be more woman thats why hes gone

If he acts this way it will be worse when you live together you already have one kid you don’t want to be looking after a man child too, you are doing everything you can to better you life through school and hard word so you can give your daughter a better life ask yourself is he doing the same?

1 Like

You both need to grow up🤦 If you cant get along and you two dont even live together what makes you think this relationship is going to work? Your baby is only 5 months, IT GETS HARDER. Save money and get your own place and move on with your life.

9 Likes

You both sound very young

6 Likes

Both of you sound extremely young.
No one will change their “ways” for someone else. They are who they are, and no matter how much you ask him to change it’s not going to happen.

5 Likes

He sound very immature. He is trying to make you feel bad. You are better off without him.

2 Likes

If he is like this now he will be worse if yall live togather and if you have another child.

1 Like

Make it work, your baby needs you two to be mature. Get your shit together

🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️ quit talkin start walkin he sounds like a child himself

3 Likes

My advice is don’t have anymore kids until you’re 35. For real.

6 Likes

Nah, tell him no more and file for child support. He is not ready yet for a family life. Stay with Mom and continue on.

1 Like

Stay with mom, finish school so you can provide for your kid, and while you are getting your own life together, he will be less and less attractive as a real partner. You have no chance of finding mr right if mr wrong is still around.

7 Likes

Drop him like a hot potato. He’s just using you for sex and not for a family relationship.

There are always 2 sides of a story, how do you make time for him? Sounds like you 2 need to sit down, both talk about your feelings and make a plan for how to make it work

1 Like

You live with your mom. You have never tried being on your own. Jumping into a home because you have a baby won’t fix anything. Go hard for your kid, make your own way. Find a church too. Square your life away like it should be. Then You will see what you really want. And get birth control. You aren’t ready for anymore. Lots of women go to college work, and have lots of kids and pay bills at their own place. Its possible. And if your stressed get counseling. You arent mentally prepared for more kids or marriage if this is already too much. If he is gonna step up he will. If he don’t complaining or fighting won’t make him. Get over that part, you can’t “make” him do anything. :pray::revolving_hearts: Think of your peace and your baby. And your Mama. Get it together, plan your future and don’t depend on anyone else to take care of you!!:revolving_hearts::muscle::kissing_heart::pray::relaxed:

3 Likes

He’s expressing a need to you. He may need someone to teach how to talk like an adult, but he is trying. He could be out getting it somewhere else. But he is telling you what he needs. You both need a counselor or a mediator to teach you how to communicate like adults. You both equally sound like brats. But don’t dismiss his needs. You both deserve to feel fulfilled. And that will always takes effort from both sides. Always.

Imagine being so thirsty you can’t think straight. And imagine that the person you love had a glass of water but won’t give it to you. Now imagine they won’t give it to you because they simply aren’t thirsty as often as you are. Take the time to learn each other. We are all different. Learn to give while you learn to express your own needs and boundaries.

7 Likes

Girl you guys need to just call it quits. You both sound really immature. It’s not gonna get better if you live together, it’ll only get harder just as it will only get harder as your daughter gets older. My boyfriend and I have a great relationship but it was still rocky in the beginning when we first moved in together.

Girl. Stop making excuses for him and end it while you can. You owe it to your daughter to be the best mother you can be. If you’re too caught up in his drama, you aren’t doing it right.

1 Like

What kind of aparment doesnt allow you to “be together” what does that even mean? Never heard of that.

5 Likes

Leave him. This is how it started for me and I’m in a terrible situation now and still trying to get out.

Honestly I think you know what to do . You don’t need anyone to tell you to leave , but if that makes you feel better then i will gladly tell you my opinion … Ill say what i tell everyone , DONT stay just for your child . That will do more harm than good . There are plenty of men who will treat you how you deserve , as well as your child . You’re obviously being used . The smart thing to do is move on and focus on yourself and your daughter . You’re not living together so that makes it even easier .
I wish you nothing but the best no matter what conclusion you come to on the matter .

1 Like

Leave him. Y’all can’t get along now what happens when you live together? What happens when you guys get mad enough?

He’s got a personality problem leave him alone he’s just using for sex

You both sound like children. Both of you need to grow up and realize you have a child and she comes first and she comes before everything and everyone

6 Likes

Sounds like couples therapy/counseling would be y’alls best bet, if you both truelly want a future together. You have to give to his needs/wants as does he with yours! Compromise is a biggy here. If he wants sex, and you want to go out with him to dinner, then tell him dinner then sex! Tada you both get what you want! However, in saying this, if you 100% do not want to have sex with him, then don’t! Also, use birthcontrol methods if y’all do. It is probably best to wait off on another baby untill y’all get in a better situation in y’alls relationship! Also, church can help you both! If you are a christian, God needs to be first in y’alls relationship and in y’alls lives! Last thing, adter you both get counseling and get things worked out, then get married before you move in together! It is not just a piece of paper, as most people say. It is an agreement between husband and wife that bonds you too together. Best of luck!

Honey, how old are you? You sound very young. Stay with Mom, finish school, and make a life for you and your baby.

13 Likes

You can’t make someone change their ways. Giving ultimatums will only cause more conflict.
If you think the relationship is worth saving, you both need to sit down and discuss your feelings and air out your grievances and then as a couple work on improving yourselves as individuals and together as a couple.

Good Luck.

1 Like

The place doesn’t allow you to be together? This is a story if I’ve ever read one. :woman_facepalming:. I work full time 40+ and do all kinds of shit. My baby is only 4 months. Get it together :woman_shrugging:.

Sounds like yous are taking it out on each other and have no time for each other and really how are yous going to live together if yous are already fighting like this. Sounds like both of yous need a bit of growing up to do

Sounds like u both of you r under a lot of stress. Try and make time for each other. When it comes to the baby, she’s first. She requires that her needs r met

1 Like

Sounds like that’s all he wants. My ex was that way. Then he got physically abusive.

I don’t understand why his place won’t allow you guys to be together. Unless he lives in a 55 and over community, I don’t understand why you can’t live in his place. You, him, and an infant can live in even a very small space. Sounds like he’s trying and you are just making excuses.

1 Like

Maybe you guys should see a relationship consultant

How you gonna “walk out” on him if you don’t even live together? And it sounds like you guys are like 15 years old. Grow up, you have a child. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It sounds like you both individually are going through a lot. If I were in your position, I would focus on my work, daughter & myself for a while. I think you both need a little emotional space. After the chaos has cooled, see if he’s willing to oblige to seeking couples therapy. If he agrees/there’s progress & you feel confident in your relationship… THEN, I would start working out a plan to move out as a family. If not, I’d stay with your mother or work on a plan to move out, just you & your daughter. Good luck to you! :heartbeat:

Honey, to put it bluntly - Just cos’ you two are in a relationship and you have a child together, it’s not a necessity to live under the same roof.
It’s “preferred”, but you don’t HAVE to.

And we do know that there is more to it than him just wanting sex all the time…
Be happy that he wants to have sex with you cos honestly, He either gets it from you or he’ll get it somewhere else 🤷

So, besides the sex…
What’s your deal?
What do you feel is going wrong?
Don’t use the baby, or school or sex etc as an excuse for how you feel…
What do YOU want?

1 Like

Your daughter is most important and school for your future …set that man straight or set him free …having a family is exhausting and you both have to work on it not just you with the baby alone he needs to help or get to stepping …your doing it alone now all he seems to want is you for sex.

You sound like your both young…
Stay put do what you have to…
When he is finished training he will either work and step up with helping with the baby or he won’t…you can’t worry about what he does… people do or don’t and no one can change them…only time will tell but in the meantime you get on with what you need to do

1 Like

You both sound like you’re very young. File for child support, finish school, and make a future for you and your child. If his main goal is to demand sex and gaslight you, you need to get out if the relationship as soon as possible

Sounds like you both need to grow up a little…

I’m sure that seems harsh but there could be so many other major setbacks going on in your lives right now. Find the blessing in the child you share. Sit down and talk out your issues as adults (COMMUNICATE) and lastly, you BOTH need to work on filling each others ‘love bank’.

Is it me or am I noticing that all relationships go through problems like this after having their first child? Its hard to find a rhythm(routine). Me and my husband went through the same. It took alot of communication and comprehension for us to work through things. It just takes time. A baby will put alot of strain on everyday life. You need to find balance. Between what y’all had before baby and now that baby is here because baby will not be going anywhere. Patience is key too! :heart:

1 Like

The way he is now is the way he will be if you move in together. Is this the life you want for your daughter? Or yourself?

2 Likes

Things change when u have a baby. Ur hormones r rocked. Tell him to be a lil more understanding. Smh