I want more children and my husband doesn't: Advice?

Be grateful for the 3 you have. Dont mess up your relationship!!!

I wanted another one husband convinced me to get my tubes tied and now we’re divorced and it’s been my biggest regret

3 Likes

Ended up with 4 beautiful good children.xx

I always wanted 3. My husband was absolutely not on board. He got a vasectomy after our second. I would never try to force someone into another child. People say folks will never regret another but I’ve known many who have. Don’t push him. Just thank God for the 3 healthy babies you have.

4 Likes

If he doesn’t want anymore then don’t have anymore

Leave him and have another one with another man who does want 4 :thinking:

Maybe financially, 3 children is all he’s comfortable supporting. Did you think of that or did you just think of your uterus? The man is probably stressed since he’s the one working.

The men in the relationships have the same rights you do. If he does not want one that’s his right to say no unless you plan on leaving him or being one of those shady women and do it anyways. Its not always about you. If I was him and you treated me poorly over my choice I’d probably leave because you have 0 respect for him

13 Likes

I would just not have another but I’m speaking for myself. I’m tired and I have three idk how your household is but I’m sure you guys don’t get much time alone… maybe he wants to just have time with you and he’s looking forward too it. Talk about it like seriously talk it out and if he still says no then maybe take it into consideration. If this is something you want badly then he needs to be on board as well…

1 Like

Life is short follow your dreams if you want 4 have 4 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If he wont give you a fourth hit me up ill give u the fourth

Be happy in what you have. People done even have one. You have three beautiful blessings. Enjoy them. :+1:

Maryam Malik ye meri bhen ha😂

1 Like

Yeah,change the husband

It doesnt matter if this is discussed before marriage or not. People can and have a right to change their mind later down the road. Some people like the idea of having kids and then once they do they realize they dont enjoy it as much as they thought (not saying that’s the case here).

If you havemt had an in depth discussion then I suggest you do that. Ask him why he’s happy with three. But ultimately, if he doesnt want four then dont force it. Some women do that and ruin their relationship. Is another child that important that they’d lie and risk their relationship? Ironic since they end up as single mothers and bitch about their life being so bad. Respect his wishes even if it isnt something you like. If the show was on the other foot you would not want him forcing you to have a kid. While it is your body, you shouldnt try to force someone to raise a kid they didnt want. He will resent you and/or the kid.

Are u an idiot Maybe your husband is thinking that you can not afford any more kids If you want more kids go help out in a day care and Stop being a selfish bitch

https://news-u444-a1-2005.blogspot.com/2020/03/ivanka-trump-bath-tub-embarrassing.html

I guess I’d say if the other kids are young just do it if you really want lol but if they are all over 4 I’d consider your husband’s feelings a bit more. I have 4 kids and it’s a lot sometimes I feel like I’m not even giving everyone everything I wish I could emotionally .it takes a great deal of patience, love and money, and all your time

Get a vasectomy then. Then he don’t have to worry about that.

Evv FCC CV Dana Z ha z xx cccc x x. C cc CD x xx zzz
Lo

1 Like

Brooke Williams I’m sorry…I just have to ask- you’re allergic to bc and can’t have a tubal, but what about condoms? It seems like if you “knew you’d get pregnant again” there would be things you could still do to prevent that.

It’s a group decision, if you want to remain a group. Keep working on him, until you’ve both come to a final decision. There are plenty of kids out there to love :heartpulse:

1 Like

I wanted one child, my husband wanted five. We are having our third in two days and I’m getting my tubes out. Compromise lol.

Well , marriage is about comprising. If the two of you can’t work it out then seek guidance from a couples councillor. You both have wants, you both have feelings regarding this. I’m sure both points of view are very valid. I don’t think either of you are in the wrong at all. But if you want to save your marriage, you will need to put in the hard work of making a decision together on this.

I have 3 and my husband wanted a 4th and i can only have one more child via c~section…and i dont want anymore…

I wanted to stick with 1 my husband wants 3/4 children … we’ve just had our second and he has already asked for another :woman_facepalming: I think we have agreed to stick with two and he is going to get them snip … x

My advice is to listen. Listen to your husband and his feelings. I have one child from a previous relationship, but knew going into the one I’m in now that she may be my only child. He doesn’t want kids because he spent his teenage/young adult life raising his siblings. And I feel like if I pushed him on that, it would push us apart. WANTING 4 and being able to handle and financially provide for 4 children are completely different. Maybe your husband has hit his limit and he doesn’t know how to tell you so other than by just saying no. I would just try to be appreciative of the 3 blessings he did give you. I’d love have another myself, but I also love my SO and will always take into account his feelings.

Kids are not cheap. College and the whole child rearing is not easy nor inexpensive. Be thankful for what you have and focus on them. I’m so thankful for the two I have.

Not meaning to criticize anyone but, the earth is overcrowded already, none of us should have more that two (just to replace yourself and your spouse) for the good of all mankind. Can’t wait to see the reaction to this !!!

If he knew this all along, is it possible that after having three he changed his mind? I always saw myself having two but after my one, my “dream” is to never have another. One will have to sacrifice, I think the world is overpopulated as it is, you could find a different “dream”

I guess I am/was too practical when I was single and dating. Once my husband and I became serious we discussed the number of children etc. I am an only and my husband is one of 5. We decided we would have only 2. We adopted a baby girl from Gutemala and intended to adopt a little boy later. We never did and our daughter is no 40 and has been a constant joy. I could never handle 3, 4, or 5. I think many of the people here never think about the cost of raising a child. We are both college educated and made good salaries and raising one was expensive.

I personally wouldn’t bring any more kids into this world it is crazy enough just for an adult never mind. Child but that’s just me

I have 2 boys with my husband and he has a son who we have raised together since he was 2 he in now 9 . I felt 3 was enough but for some reason I just felt I wasn’t done having children .my husband was done he had said 3 was enough its definitely alot of work and I had agreed but always felt this motherly instinct to have one more . Well we thought our birth control worked as it had for the past 4 years and now I am pregnant due with our 4th child next week . My husband wasnt thrilled in the beginning but now just days before we are about to deliver he is deft more happy and excited for baby number 4 !

Marriage is about compromise. Between the 2 of you, at least one will be disappointed with the outcome because you both want 2 different things. At least one of you needs to be the bigger person. At the end of the day we can’t always have what we want. Ask yourself this, are you willing to take some of his happiness to get your way? Is your own happiness more important to you than his? Only you can answer that question.

1 Like

It’s funny the comments differ so much when it’s the women who wants more rather then when the man wants more. I see a lot of be grateful as oppose to(when she wants more and he does not) you need to take his fellings into account (when he wants more and she does not)

Okay you failed to say if you are supply half of the income for the house, and doing half of the cleaning and half and taking care of the kids

1 Like

Well that’s a hard one… when I got with my current bf I had two kids. He had one. I didnt want more then 2. Wanted a boy and girl and that’s what I got. Plus we have his son. My bf wanted one more but I was dead set against it. Which he knew going into our relationship. And was fine with… almost 2 years later I thought more about it and figured that maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to have one more. So I’m now due next month. But this will for sure be my last and he agrees… soo sometimes it’s good to hold out hope. You never know what might happen. But you also have to be open to the idea that it just might not happen. And if your not okay with that then you might need to find someone who wants more kids. But people change their mind all the time. I wouldn’t pressure him too much but dont give up just yet. :slight_smile:

Maybe sit talk about it find out exactly why he doesn’t want another is it finances maybe this time with covid isn’t time to be asking him he could be going through stuff rn that just isn’t ready for another I would look into what reason are maybe he feels that you and three are enough when comes down to finances trips doing things as family buying Xmas gifts birthdays school stuff clothes food costs it all adds up I no it not easy u can make.it work but u need to discuss with him what actuall reason is to why and then figure out solution to maybe changing his mind or just choose not use birth control it ur body and if he man he will stay and be accepting but don’t lie to him tell him u not taking it because u want it but if he one paying for everything and working hard provide for u and three that alot be honest don’t need end a good home and make him leave not fair to other three over wanting another baby if ment be it will be

Both need to want it. Maybe marriage counseling.

Love the 3 you have been blessed with. Wanting is no way to have happiness

Let’s get real. Life is change . What we once desired and hoped for can sometimes change . As a husband and wife you both have to sit down and weigh the pluses and minuses of adding to your family. Each of you have to respect the other’s feelings and come to a joint decision. But understand that what someone may have wanted 5yrs ago,10 yes ago can easily change with varied circumstances. In today’s World having a large family can be very taxing on finances,on time. Believe in your marriage and in the Love you have for each other and you will come to a decision

Just get pregnant, its you who will push that baby out.

Find a guy that will give you one more🤷