I want to name my son Lucifer but my family has an issue with it: Advice?

Why would you want to do that to your kid? Think about his future.

Name him Lucifer. It’s your child.

2 Likes

I agree with Lucy Campos however much you might like the name. Your child is the one who has to live with it. Kids are not as respectful today as they once were. Name calling, ridiculing and bullying. Like giving your child the name Richard or Dick for short. This is not about you and your liking of the name. It’ll be his future. Maybe :thinking: as a middle name would be ok, might I suggest his first name be Christ Almighty,lol

1 Like

It’s the name of the cat in Cinderella… but also it’s none of their damn business. Name it what you want.

2 Likes

I mean it is YOUR baby and you can name him what you want…HOWEVER, there will come a time when young Lucifer will grow up and look for employment. This name could be a hindrance and limit certain opportunities. Unfortunately some people do discriminate people because of their names but again it’s up to you.:woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

kids will also pick on him

I DO like the name…
but you need to think of the kids future

It’s totally up to you, this is your choice to make, just be sure that you are following your heart and that’s all that matters. If you are not certain then just try and visualize your son, Lucifer, as he gets bigger and goes thru life, growing up and becoming his own man. Does the name Lucifer feel right and just click with your intuition? If the answer is yes, then that is all that matters, only you know the correct answer to this. Best of luck to you and your baby hon. :heartbeat::blue_heart::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::teddy_bear:

Well the Latin translation of Lucifer is Morning Star or Light-Bringer. So I think it’s a great name. Also, it’s YOUR child, not theirs. You can name your child whatever you want. You shouldn’t let other people’s opinions dictate your life.

2 Likes

It’s your child and your decision but I be honest when i hear lucifer, the devil is quickly thought of, only because its what were taught in the Bible and also in movies and im sure alot of people think that and can be cruel to your child growing up. In the end it’s your decision though and you will make to the right choice. Make your choice not on our opinions but what you adore and feel is right for your child

1 Like

Don’t NO baby want that freaking name!!! Tf wrong with you?:flushed:

5 Likes

There is a great many things that could be said about the name of a child. Sometimes you get what you ask for. I know someone that named their son Gunner, and he fits the profile even though he’s only five.

A name is not just a name…

Try naming your child Adolf…now you understand.

3 Likes

I know you said you’re not religious but for those Karen’s who are and say something about it, Lucifer was God’s best angel at one time so there’s that.

3 Likes

Will you bear the consequences your child might do, think, feel oe experience just because of your love for that name… you dont believe in hell or heaven but people that will surround your kid for the rest of his life will have negative thoughts on him bec of that name…

Well, he can change his name when he grows old, but what about during his childhood?

7 Likes

Children will find any reason to make fun. Teach your kid some good Satan jokes. He’ll have plenty of comebacks, and uphold the savagery of his name. Don’t fight the system, break it.

That’s gonna be one hell of a Halloween :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll say this…I have biblical names (boring and traditional af in a Mexican home) and everyday I wish those names were as cool as “Lucifer”. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of posts about kids bullying him. Kids will bully anyone for any reason if they so choose, it’s sad but true. You could name the kid Lucifer or John but no matter what if a kid wants to make fun of a name they will.

2 Likes

Kinda cute for a kid but not necessarily a adult! Your kid , name them what you want!!

1 Like

I feel like this person has something to prove in their “disbelief” thats the reason for the name & they know it…otherwise they wouldnt be here asking!

He will be picked on imo

2 Likes

My sister n law named her son Lucifer two weeks later went and changed the birth certificate to Oliver

2 Likes

No way!! He’ll def have a rough life. :japanese_ogre: Put yourself in the kids shoes. This world is cruel. Why give them more ammo.

2 Likes

Just remember he’ll have to go to school and explain it then go to job interviews lol it’s your choice of course buttttt remember long term

It’s your child. Name him whatever you want to. Your family arent the ones carrying your son for 9+ months or having to go through the pains of it along with labor.

1 Like

Not for your family… but you might give thought to how it might affect your son
When he goes to school.

3 Likes

Change it for the child’s sake

2 Likes

You might not believe in God, but what happens if your child does when they’re older? Say they’re ten years old and believe in God. How are they going to feel knowing they share the same name as Satan?

5 Likes

Whether you believe in God or not that name is associated and attached to evil. I wouldn’t do it. Get a cat and name it that but not ya baby

2 Likes

Damien does the same thing

Name him any thing you like my daughter has a child in her school called gods gift

Wrong in so many ways … think of the child and not yourself.

4 Likes

Unless you want your kid to be laughed at for the rest of his life, then go for it.

You know how cruel this world is.

It’ll be your responsibility if he gets picked on bc of you.

Your opinion doesn’t matter to the people around your son. They’ll be more focused making your son cry than listening to where the name came from.

1 Like

The name has other meanings. I say if you like it go for it.

You could always go with Damien I feel less people would get that 1 right off the bat

1 Like

Use it as a middle name, then you can make it his pet name you have for him. Damien Lucifer. Would really float their boat.

2 Likes

Maybe not because of your family but for your son’s sake, I wouldn’t. Kids can be mean so he might get made fun of, it could cause difficulties with him getting into a good school or getting a job he wants. Yeah it sucks that people judge by a name but they will.

Keep the name!! Don’t change it because of their stupid opinion. Your kid, your choice.

2 Likes

What about using his actual name, Samael, instead it’s even what the Allstate guy calls him in the show lol. Its uncommon but not as auspicious and gives a nod to the show and the namesake.

1 Like

I wouldn’t change is name for my family, but for my son. When he gets older he may resent the way is he treated for his name. Maybe put it as his second name and call him that at home

2 Likes

What about lucious x

How about changing your name to Lucifer you idiot and think about the ramifications of your poor child. Stupid parents need to be sterilized

8 Likes

I dunno, naming your kid “the lightbringer” is a little much.

2 Likes

Your kids gonna get bullied his whole life because of you. You can’t be that selfish. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Im not sure if this is even legit. Poor taste in my opinion. You’re little guy has to grow up n live with that.

3 Likes

Too controversial, Your son will have issues with the name growing up I think.

3 Likes

He would probably have a hard time finding a job when he’s older with that name…:woman_facepalming:

Just so you know its not you that will suffer its your son that will suffer! Dont do that to him. Selfish!!!

6 Likes

Ya THE BEST ADVICE ON HERE THAT I READ IS…CHANGE YOUR NAME TO LUCIFER IF YOU LIKE IT SOOOO MUCH.

Your child your choice. I see people saying your kid will be made fun of blah blah or calling you a idiot whatever. But even with a simple name people are made fun of for example brotherton your brother weighs a ton my name is April and people made fun of my name because of the ninja turtles. So by all means name your child whatever you please

Not because of family but change it so he is not the target of being bullied through school give it as a middle name but not a first name kids are so cruel the taument your child will live though is not necessarily

My Grandbaby’s name is Mazikeen and it fits her personality perfectly! :heart:

2 Likes

Your child. You name your child. Nobody else

1 Like

Please think of what your child will go through at school and adult life.
People bully every thing.

1 Like

Sounds pretty bad ass to me

All these people saying don’t do it your child will be bullied… Kids are bullied even if they have a common name kids are gonna be bullied for whatever just because bullies don’t need a reason to be bullies. I personally love the name and if I hadn’t already had a name picked out for my son for 8 years while I patiently waited for a boy I might have named my son lucifer. Name your child what you want don’t worry about what others think especially the jerks on here being bullies to you as they tell you not to do something or your child will be bullied. Oximorons no?

Lucifer literally means LIGHT

1 Like

Your child your choice

1 Like

Think of his future wife

Call him by what you want to call him. GOD doesn’t judge you by your name, only your actions & beliefs. GOD has already written a name for everyone. Names are from the Book of Life. If Lucifer is written in the Bible, it is written. That’s all anyone needs to know!

Then don’t let him watch it

I have a neice named pandora, a nephew named Havick, and my other nephews name is axios. I say name him what you want.

Pretty sure Lucifer and any iteration of it in other languages has been banned in every country, even Devil has been banned.

1 Like

WTF!!! This is a farce. Who believes this stupid stuff? WOW. Ok y’all. Have a good nite. :sleeping:

2 Likes

For people saying he will be bullied, that’s victim blaming. It’s disgusting. Don’t do that.

I say don’t do it. Not because of god/religion. But because he will almost certainly be bullied all of his life and will have issues with things such as job offers because of the name. The world can be a very unkind place and that name would only make things more difficult for your child.

I feel like you should name him whatever you want to. Maybe a compromise would be to make it his middle name and then when he is older give him the option of going by his middle name. A lot of people go by their middle name

Since your asking… the backlash of what your son could possibly go through? No way.

1 Like

Love it’s 2021 name your baby whatever you please. I don’t think he’ll be teased, if anything I think kids will think it’s cool instead of an ordinary name.
My cousin named her Daughters Echo and Rain, I
Thought they would be teased cause it’s a pretty uncommon name but I was wrong. They have many friends.

Because people are generally small minded and he will hear crap about it his entire life…

1 Like

These questions on here :rofl:

Naming him the archetype of evil? Yeah that can’t go wrong. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just remember he will grow up with this name. Personally I’m not religious, however it’s your son who has to live with it. Will he get bullied? Will it affect his job prospects? Unfortunately we cannot control other people’s actions.

Call him Lucifer just like most people are taking the mark of the beast through the Luciferase vaccines🤦🏿‍♀️

Depends…do you want your child to grow up with friend?

2 Likes

Your child, you get to pick their name, who cares what anyone thinks. At the end of the day, there’s always someone that will have a problem with any name you choose anyway.

1 Like

Get one thing straight just because you don’t believe doesn’t mean it isn’t real. Your lying to yourself to think God and the devil are not real…
Spare the kid and yourself the embarrassment.

4 Likes

He will get bullied growing up

4 Likes

Wtf is this on a nail page. :thinking: makes no damn sense.

4 Likes

My advice is don’t name your son lucifer.

Call him Lucio Fernando… :joy::joy::joy:

IT IS YOUR CHILD. You name him whatevet you feel his name should be !:heart:

Lol leave it. This is ridiculous it’s just a name

1 Like

Bible says don’t judge and all yall care about and ur reasoning for saying no is Rooted in judgment wtf

1 Like

Playing with names is fun when they’re small & cute, but they grow up… Consider their life and obstacles as an adult

4 Likes

Change your own name to Lucifer… do you dislike your kid already ? But hey it is your kid you get to name it .

4 Likes

Robert Barge Xavier Smith

Take me out this fake nail group

Hellll no lol ironically said , I also love the name Lucifer . What tf is wrong with people shoving their childish beliefs down others throats . Name your baby Lucifer I promise you , he will still live a normal life like everyone else .

the name, Lucifer, was given by God, himself and i think it meant “Morning Star” or “Light Bringing” anyway, he is your baby. Though, children can be cruel so he might get bullied for it when he starts schooling

1 Like

Exactly they will bully your child for wayyyy less then a name trust me lmfao where have people been living ???

It’s means moring star

If your naming your son after a show rethink it. But also fuck anyone else’s opinion. 🤷 Name him whatever the fuck you want as long as he won’t hate himself growing up. 🤷

1 Like

Why not go ahead and name him Damien and Tattoos 666 on the back of his neck I agree with your family

2 Likes

Do it and as far as we know he might even end up changing it when they’re older. Like they do now :smiley:

This is funny to me …that is my Lil baby nick name my bnl calls him that

I thought insanity was pretty for a girl

I understand being a fan of a show but to this extent is a little extreme. People don’t name their kids darth maul because it’s in poor taste. Same here. Regardless of religion stigma is a thing

1 Like

Lucifer but Luke or Lucas for short xx

1 Like

He may get teased or have a hard time with friends in school especially if. The parents are against it… My son could never play or bring a friend over with that name. But its your child your choice

3 Likes