I was contacted by a woman to be her sugar baby: Does it sound like a scam?

Ladies I need advice! So I was contacted by a woman who wants me to be her sugar baby in exchange for daily conversations with her. She’ll be sending me $500 weekly. She already sent me money that I was able to deposit in to my bank account via mobile, and the rest will be available Friday. she didn’t need my account info just my email so she can send my the check which I then was able to take a picture of and deposit it. I told my husband about it and he thinks I’m being stupid and thinks it’s pretty much a scam. The money is literally already pending, she isn’t seeking favors or nothing to that extent just someone she can spoil and vent to daily. Thoughts?

209 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I was contacted by a woman to be her sugar baby: Does it sound like a scam?

More than likely a scam

Get everything it writing and save reciepts incase she tries to come
After you for bank fraud or something.

1 Like

If it’s not a scam go for it. Sign me up too lol.

1 Like

Scam. Be careful the check dont come back as fradulant, cause then you’ll be held responsible for trying to cash it.

7 Likes

Your husband is right scam

2 Likes

Just because you can deposit the check doesn’t mean it’s not a scam.
If it sounds to be to be true than I’m sure it is.
The bank can go back on a check 3 years! Just be careful.

1 Like

It’s a scam be careful.

It’s definitely a scam

I wouldn’t cash that check. I have known people who think they are not being scammed, and next thing they know, the people who “sent” them the money is now threatening to harm their family. NEVER…trust this stuff.

1 Like

Scam. Look it up on Google many have been scammed some way!

To be here what now?

1 Like

If it was a check its probably a scam for your routing numbers. BUT if she cash app you or pay pal then girrrrl get that bag.

2 Likes

No way in hell would I trust that

Scam! It could bounce. I’d go through PayPal or something like that

Scam…nothing is free.

Its a scam. You can deposit a check and it still ne a scam.

Scam. They write a bunch of checks from bank accounts that will close, then your account will get charged for cashing a fraudulent check basically.

3 Likes

Definitely a scam no one contacts a stranger out of the blue to be a sugar baby. If she can send you a check she can send you the money via cash app or something like that. I would put a stop to that check asap.

5 Likes

You can deposit blank checks into an atm and pull out cash. Are you kidding me? Of course the check is pending. They are trying to verify it. And FYI, even if it is a scam and your bank knows that, you’ll more than likely be responsible for those charges of a bad check. And could potentially be charged for a bad check. If you want a sugar parent(man or woman) find one in person. Don’t be scared to advertise what you want. You’ll likely never find the real thing otherwise

5 Likes

It’s definitely a scam. I got the same message on Instagram lol

2 Likes

Nothing in life is free without a catch, definitely a scam.

4 Likes

Let me know how it turns out.

1 Like

Really you really think this person is genuine it’s a scam

3 Likes

SCAM better watch your account Very closely
They want access to it and probably already have it

2 Likes

Let us know if that check clears

1 Like

As someone who works at a bank, this is a scam.

11 Likes

This is definitely a scam. It would be better if she paid you through Cashapp, Venmo, etc. I wouldn’t trust it/her

2 Likes

LOL might as well just sign up for credit monitoring and identity fraud now lady

I just saw this happen to someone on TikTok… same exact story. Except it was 3,000$ it’s 200% a scam.

Why would you give a total stranger any information? And the advice you need is what??? OMG I just can’t with this!

3 Likes

I just wanna know how this turns out.

Can go to the gas station for some free attention. :woozy_face: but I get it. Some people do pay for these things. Lol

Ummmm :joy::joy::joy: you were just scammed! You better call the bank on Monday! It’s going to keep saying pending.

4 Likes

I know someone that did something similar, when the check cleared initially everything was fine, until their bank account became empty, she is responsible for the thousands of dollars in checks.

You really aren’t that Stupid are you? JW?

You just gave a complete stranger your bank account information

Send her my way lol jks. But I think it’s a scam.

Wise up! Sounds creepy!

Scam. In a few days she gonna ask for money back. That check won’t clear.

1 Like

And that’s exactly how she will hack your bank account and you’ll no longer have access to it.
Totally a scam and I agree with your husband. :rofl:

2 Likes

That check will bounce no doubt

You’re going to get in trouble for depositing a BAD check. How do people fall for these scams. Get a JOB

2 Likes

girlll I had this same thing happen when I was like 19 and desperate… hate to say but it’s most definitely a scam! I had money “pending” also and then they said they wanted to send another 2000$ check as long as I sent 1000$ of it back :woman_facepalming:t3: luckily my bank set my ass straight and told me I was being scammed before anything bad happened!

Lmao!!! Take it as a costly lesson. They can obtain the account number and your personal info to move money from your account.

Furthermore, your not suppose to deposit checks you don’t actually have in your possession. You’ve got to be hell of young or young minded to have fallen For this.

9 Likes

As someone who has had very similar happen… It’s a scam… I just hope your situation does notturn out as bad as mine did, my bank ended up having to get the FBI involved and luckily was dropped fast as soon as they seen I was the cause of the issues… But was SO SCARY

2 Likes

I hope u don’t have kids

If you sent her your bank info your account will be drained your husband is going to be pissed

Please stop payment on that check. :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

1st of all, checks send by email can not be deposited. You’re going to have a situation on your hands with your bank soon.

5 Likes

Personally you should have known it was a scam from jump simply because IF you didn’t advertise yourself as a sugar baby why would some complete stranger just ask u out of the blue to be one?

3 Likes
1 Like

Nothing free! Gathering your information.

Contact your bank ASAP!! Let them know what happened so that they can protect your account and follow up with LE.

1 Like

Scam… don’t spend any of the money… tell the bank you believe you’ve been scammed… and take them the original check.

1 Like

Checks can be scams too. My brother once sold a very expensive instrument online and they sent a $8k check that the bank cleared partially until it bounced and he was out that $8k plus the instrument he sent.

1 Like

If it sounds to good to be true…it probably is.

8 Likes

People really are stupid

How do you not see this as a scam?

3 Likes

You ain’t getting no money but the sugar momma is :joy:

2 Likes

Change your email address, stop that check. Do not use any of the check that is already cleared. It will come back to haunt you. Just because it’s pending doesn’t mean it will go through. They can also dispute it even after it’s paid!!! Omg get a clue!!! If it looks like a duck, if it sounds like a duck and it walks like a duck, then it’s a duck

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: you got to be kidding right? Yes it’s a scam!

1 Like

Scam! She will come up with a reason to send it back to her!

1 Like

:-1::-1::-1: scam, your husband thinks good!

Why would you even get involved with this.

2 Likes

Scam.
Your bank is gonna charge you out the wazoo when she stops payment on that check. Better stop it! Now!

4 Likes

It’s a scam !!! Go google it

SCAM… she will stop payment OR ask u to give her back some of it BEFORE it clears your bank then you are out money.

2 Likes

If you have to ask, you already know the answer, you just don’t want to believe it.

3 Likes

You’d better get out that. Lord knows

Scam. My son was proposed the same thing.

It is a scam… the cheque will bounce and you will be out the money

3 Likes

It’s a scam where they deposit it into your account but it’s a fake check

1 Like

You just became the sugar mama not how you wanted it to be huh better call the bank and have it canceled or you gonna be in some serious trouble not only with the bank but also the law fraudulent check that’s a scam if you didn’t put any info out you wanted to be a sugar baby then why would you accept that and actually try to cash it now look what ya gone and done think hubby is kinda pissed now wait until the account is empty if you don’t do something

5 Likes

Do it lol just be careful not to share your info in case it’s a scam :woman_shrugging:

Hey dumb ass, don’t be a dumb ass…

Why are more and more of these posts sounding like someone is just making stuff up?

3 Likes

Cash only payments! :rofl::woman_shrugging:t3:

Tell your bank immediately. They need to know. They will take your money. Please tell your bank and ask for advice on what to do next. This is 100% a scam.

7 Likes

Pretty sure they get the information from where the check tries to deposit. That’s a solid no.

4 Likes

Cancel it now. Let bank and law enforcement know.

2 Likes

What’s her name? Asking for a friend

6 Likes

Ever heard of fraudulent checks ? Ever thought you could be going to jail behind things like this ?

3 Likes

I had 2 people messaging me the same thing. I figured it was a scam. They said something about their significant other has passed away. Blah blah blah… I’ll spoil you…hahaha to funny.

1 Like

Lol where do these people come from

They make website for this. To protect you.

The check will bounce its a scam

This is. Scam this is how people steal your money. Never ever ever cash someone else’s check

1 Like

You’ll find out about the scam when those checks bounce n there’s several bounce fees that go with that check…

7 Likes

Scam, I literally get these everyday from different people on snapchat mainly lol

Omg :astonished: really ? & u took money :moneybag: from her ? U better be careful just sayin… there’s plenty of guys/ people. She can talk 2 w/0 them being a sugar baby / daddy…months ago this guy sent me a message saying he wanted me 2 ne his sugar mama…after I laughed so bad I blocked him…sounds very shady just b careful & I wouldn’t take ne more money from her…ur looking 4 trouble

1 Like

Definitely a scam. The back will bounce, and you will be hit with fees

This has to be a troll post no one is that stupid

2 Likes

This is a scam. If you only gave your email, she can’t get money out of your account. What they do is they will send you a check for x amount of money. Then they will tell you they accidentally sent too much or they need some of it back for whatever reason and then you send it to them while it’s pending (out of your own money) and then the check just never clears. That’s how they get your money. Just get your bank to cancel that check and tell them you were scammed and then you’re good.

4 Likes

This could be a woman, could be a man. Whichever its a scam

1 Like

Scam and when you deposit it’ll be fake

1 Like

Don’t spend the money. Bank will be lookingfor for it

1 Like

Are you stup%>€€ ? Is clearly a scam , you will see it with the checks start bouncing :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

It’s definitely a scam. I see these all of the time.