I went on a hike and noticed a guy taking a photo of me because I am a bigger girl: Advice?

idk why i am writing this maybe i just need to get it off my chest or maybe i need someone to tell me not all people are like this and its okay…Over the weekend my family and I went on a hike…it got really hot as it was a few miles so i ended up removing my hoodie and had a sports bra and leggings on…we past this guy sitting on a rock and i immediately noticed he was staring at me…i looked away and looked back and he had his phone facing directly toward me…when he saw me turn to look at him he put it toward the trees like he was trying to be sneaky…and now i feel horrible about myself…im 230lbs and 5’8 and know i am not the skinnest but i didnt think i was so big that people would take photos to make fun of me…i ended up wearing my hoodie and dying the rest of the hike and now i just cant stop thinking of what he did to me…i feel violated and barely even want to eat now…how do you move past this?

93 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I went on a hike and noticed a guy taking a photo of me because I am a bigger girl: Advice?

Ehh in the end does it matter when you’ll prob never see him again. If it makes you uncomfortable, next time wear a Tshirt underneath or tank top

2 Likes

Maybe you look just like someone he knows he wanted to take a picture To prove it, maybe he thought he recognize you it could be anything

1 Like

From the sounds of this my advice is to look into some self help and confidence building and remember ppl think of others ALOT less than our brains tell is they do

1 Like

Maybe he wasn’t staring and taking pictures of you because you’re bigger, maybe he thought you were hot and wanted to show his friends🤷🏼‍♀️

23 Likes

Why do you think he was taking pictures of you because you are overweight? Maybe he thought you were pretty.

8 Likes

I’m sure he had a beer belly & looked like shit himself lol. Never let a dude make you feel that way

You should of took pics of him before telling him to f@ck @ff❤ sweetie lifes to short to take sh!t from anyone!!!

Maybe he just wanted something to add to his spank bank.

7 Likes

Maybe he wasn’t taking a pic to make fun of you. Maybe he found you sexy. I agree with some of the other ladies 230 at 5’8 is not a lot. Keep hiking in your sports bra and rock those curves. There is nothing sexier then confidence. The older I get the less I care about what I look like. I rock my bikini at the beach as if I’m still 20. I bet you look great. We are our own worst critics.

4 Likes

Maybe he’s attracted to bigger females…. Not everybody thinks bigger women are disgusting hun some actually love that bigger body.

You really need to love and embrace your body. Who cares if you’re a bigger girl hun. You was out there hiking with your family.

You need to write down all positive things about yourself and the things you love about yourself. Read those every single day. Build your confidence and self esteem up.

1 Like

He probably thinks you are attractive, but still doesn’t give him a right to photograph you, it would be disturbing to me as well

2 Likes

I loved that you were so comfortable in wearing a sports bra and leggings! Forget him. He’s a creep. Never be ashamed of your body :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

You stop caring what a loser that puts people down to make him feel better thinks and live your life.

1 Like

He may have thought you were attractive and took a picture!

So you judge him maybe he was thinking awesome this woman isn’t letting her snap define her in a world where so many do

Do not let people’s opinion upset you. Consider the source

230 at 5’8? There was no way he was taking that picture to laugh at you. You were being checked out! In the weirdest creepy way possible but :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

See , if he thought you where ugly he wouldn’t have been taking pictures of you!! Believe me !! Guys don’t take pics of girls they think are ugly

It’s possible he liked the way you look and thats why he wanted the pic.

Next time walk up to them and ask. Cause honestly i hate when people try to sneak a pic of anyone. look at him directly in his eyes and tell him in your own words, i sense you may have taken a photo of me so I’m telling you now to delete it. It makes me uncomfortable and honestly it’s fucking rude. Then if you really wanna do something, sit down and have a conversation.:woman_shrugging:t2: some people need a different perspective to get a different perspective. Plus you had your family there to back you up. Regardless, i understand how you feel and I’m sorry you were put in that uncomfortable position. On the other hand, look yourself in the mirror and appreciate and love who you are. If you don’t like something, put the work in to changing it. This is your world, everyone else just lives in it. They only have as much significance as you give them. Keep your head up babe.

I don’t know, one day a lady screamed at me in public for filming her and I was playing a game. I was just sitting there, thankfully she walked up and saw that I was playing my game haha so maybe he wasn’t doing what you said?

I wish some women raised their sons right I’m sorry you felt uncomfortable some people need to mind their own business if it doesn’t affect them

1 Like

One of my favorite sayings “you can’t control what others think, do or say, only how you react to it.” There’s billions of people in this world so don’t let one idiot ruin your self esteem. You should be proud that even being bigger that you were out there hiking and taking care of your body.

Sometimes in life you have to do what you’re afraid of doing because it might turn out to be the best decision, trading has never serve me right until I came across ma’am Elizabeth Selezneve who changed my life for better, ever since I started investing in her platform, I no longer have financial issues, thank you very much,
contact her to get started
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Means your ass is fineeeeee lol

He may have just been a perv. Once I lived in a trailer park and was cleaning my car out. I was almost done and I got a feeling that someone was watching me (you know the feeling). I looked around and some guy across the road was taking pictures of me cleaning my car. I yelled at him to scram and he turned bright red and walked in to his trailer. After that I cleaned my car out at the car wash lol

Some men like full figured women. . Not all guys like skinny women. Maybe he thought you were attractive. I wouldn’t dwell on it…

1 Like

Why do you assume he was judging you?

Maybe he thought you were hot? Ever think of that?

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I went on a hike and noticed a guy taking a photo of me because I am a bigger girl: Advice?

Maybe it wasn’t to make fun of you, maybe he liked what he saw but regardless he shouldn’t be recording you or taking videos. That’s creepy asf.

20 Likes

I would try to think about it as he liked what he saw rather than didn’t like it. Either way tho its creepy to take pictures of someone you don’t know so the problem lies with him not you dear.

11 Likes

His opinion is none of your business and you shouldn’t worry about it! Did you and your family have fun and make memories? That’s what matters!

10 Likes

You were just wearing a bra… nothing to do with size. You were basically walking in your underwear.

4 Likes

Hun how do you know that it was because your big,some men honestly feel big wemon are truly beautiful

6 Likes

I get that you’re bothered by the fact that a stranger took a picture of you or you think he took a picture of you but you don’t know what the purpose of that picture was so don’t assume that it was to make fun of you. And stop letting it eat away at you it’s no good for your confidence or yourself esteem to stay stuck on it

5 Likes

You don’t even know this guy, don’t stress over it sweetie… I know it’s easier said than done… but please don’t be so hard on yourself, we’re beautiful no matter what…

3 Likes

Probably thought you were fine​:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

8 Likes

Idc if he thought you was fine or not he had NO BUSINESS taking videos of you. Be you babe! Be beautiful!

4 Likes

Whether he was making fun or enjoying the view, you don’t know this person, he never spoke to you let alone asked for permission to take your picture (yes I know legally he doesn’t have to but morally and respectfully he absolutely should have ) you have every right to feel violated somehow. If he had no Ill intent then why sneakily take the picture if not to avoid confrontation and being exposed. I’m sorry you have been hurt by this man. Absolutely speak up about it if you feel you want to, or if you can. No one should be told to “suck it up” no matter what reason this man did what he did and your feelings are not wrong. You felt how you felt about it and his actions were inappropriate for any intention he had. You are beautiful and have a right to be comfortableand respected, people like that are hurtful and should totally be outed.

I would’ve struck a pose and asked if he got my sexy side!

7 Likes

Its not illegal to take pics of anyone or anything in a public area…that being said its a bit creepy
Personally wouldnt bother about it. His opinion of you is unimportant. Only how you feel about yourself counts .

4 Likes

The sooner you stop caring about what people think, the happier you’ll be. Fuck him :fu:

He shouldn’t have taken a pic but he do you know it was bad… maybe he thought you were sexy. Not all guys like skinny women. Maybe he liked your confidence. Don’t let it bring you down.

9 Likes

230 and 5-8? Sounds like a perfect match. I bet he was takin it to save for private time. Not that its okay or better. I just don’t think it was for the reason you think.

9 Likes

I better not hear anything from the stuck up chicks on here that work out and see some dude take pics of them at the gym :joy::joy: “omg hes a creeper!” - every other chick

“Its not illegal!”-to a chubby chick.

7 Likes

I am also 5’8 and 230. My mind goes to him being pervy with them curves and not making fun. Feel good about your body!

12 Likes

So, as someone with a lot of guy friends, They do creepy shit like that when they like how a girl looks so they can show their other weirdo friends. I have seen so many “look at this chick I seen last week! She was beautiful, but I was too scared to ask for her number,” Pics and I tell them all the time that it’s creepy.

He also could have just been taking a panorama shot of the scenery and you looked up at a bad time. Either way you’re beautiful in the body you have and you shouldn’t be ashamed when you’re striving for a healthier lifestyle.

Pretty hard for him to watch later with two black swollen eyes. And if you find on social media legally he can’t without your consent i believe if your under 18

1 Like

He prob thought u were gorgeous and needed some material to handle himself

7 Likes

Lots of men love larger sized women, maybe he thought you are beautiful. Take it as a compliment.

9 Likes

Why do alot on here find this funny? Maybe funny to some but they are the ones who have no respect for others feelings. Which is pretty sad really.

3 Likes

Idk I watch stuff about human trafficking and stuff. It would have weirded me out to.

1 Like

Girl that’s so gross. Don’t be ashamed of your body, I mean atleast you’re out there being active. Please, please don’t let a nobody knock your confidence and make you feel like crap about your body, you’re perfect just the way you are.

4 Likes

Do NOT let somebody’s actions bring you down !!!
You will never know if he did or didn’t or why-let it GO & FOCUS on your positives, 1st of all -finishing a hike is awesome !!! :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

What a douche! I would of confronted him and told him what an ass he is.

Why think its negative? I bet he was checking you out!

2 Likes

U should of stopped and posed a confident pose cuz your a beautiful woman

1 Like

I’ve found out that guys like bigger girls I am bigger without the big boobs and big butt so it stinks lol. But this year I’ve found that guys don’t care about things like we think they do. So don’t worry about it so much. Trust me I know it’s hard. Maybe he just liked you or he needed to try and make him self feel better because he is trash.

Or maybe do something about it and stop whining

4 Likes

Could be anything he was thinking… doesnt have to be negativr

1st of all I think it was inappropriate 4 u 2 be in just a sports bra & leggings. …with the way the world is Today I’m sorry but that’s looking 4 trouble & an invitation… but any who…it wasn’t cool 4 him to do that & just mabe he was taking a picture of something around you

8 Likes

230 and 5’8 sounds slim thick…but next time something like that happens smash there phone…if they start screaming about property, state your body is your property and they voleted there right when they took yours.

6 Likes

Maybe it had nothing to do with your weight :woman_shrugging: maybe he thought you were gorgeous!

5 Likes

You have every right to feel violated because you WERE violated. Your feelings are valid. Feel them, then decide what you want to do about it. Not eating will only hurt YOU, not the man that made you feel unworthy of hiking comfortably. Do you think you’d be okay with it if you were thin? Or do you think maybe you might still find yourself feeling violated by a strange man taking pictures of you? I think you might find you would, regardless of your weight. Remember, you were on a hike with your family. You were nourishing your mind and body and relationships all at the same time. That’s an incredible thing! Next time you see someone being so blatantly vile- give them something to remember :fu:t3: and keep enjoying your time on earth :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I would decide he likes bbws and thought I was hot to boost my own self esteem
Is it true?
Who knows
Will I let some stranger live rent free in my head and control my feelings?
ABSOLUTELY NOT

8 Likes

I think he thought u got his attention and liked what he was looking at. U go girl

1 Like

You should have taken his photo then asked if he like it on a poster that could be posted on school alert boards as someone who shouldnt be near children, that might give him pause

Girrrrl he prolly liked it. I just assume any man staring likes what he sees. You prolly looked hot all sweaty glistening in the sun light. And if he didn’t like what he seen than why didn’t he look away?? And honestly your life gets soo much better when you stop worrying about what other people think especially a man :joy:

2 Likes

1st rule, love yourself. Fuck others and what they think of you. You’ll live so much happier.

Maybe he thought you were beautiful and confident!

3 Likes

I think you’re over reacting and jumping to conclusions. You can’t assume it’s cause of your weight. Did you ask? You said you took your hoodie off and was in a sports bra and then turned around and he saw you. You probably got singing good and he was wanting a picture for later. Granted he shouldn’t have done that either, but I think you jumped to conclusions

My daughter had this happen years ago on a beach with friends, teenagers. Someone came up to them and told them a man was taking pictures, pointed him out. My daughter marched up to him, asked him about it, made him show her the pictures, and watched while he deleted them. Mamma didn’t raise a weakling. If it happens again, do this! And I’m sorry it happened to you, and you can absolutely wear a sports bra and leggings on a hike. That’s what they’re made for!

2 Likes

Why do you care? Did he say anything to you? Laugh at you? Let it go. You really have no idea what was happening. Stop playing the victim.

2 Likes

There is no more privacy with today’s tech. If you don’t want to be in pix, were a ball cap and glasses if you don’t want people to recognize.

Screw him! You are by far a better person than his pathetic ass will ever be

He may of thought you where gorgous it could be that your insecure about yourself you have thought this personally I’d of said do you want a close up of my ar#e and farted in his fce :joy::joy::joy:

Just remember you will most likely never see this person again, his opinions of you don’t matter because he doesn’t even know you. He may of not even been taking a picture of you at all. You have no idea what was going on. If you’re worried about what others have to say about you,you need to dig deep and find love for yourself. Fully love yourself. When you do, people can’t affect you like this. You are beautiful the way you are. I understand these feelings all too well. We can’t help how others treat us, what we can help is how we treat ourselves. You need to eat to live. Please eat. And please love yourself.

1 Like

Not all people do it to make fun of people. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he’s into ladies with meat on their bones?

1 Like

No honey don’t let those negative thoughts get to you. That man needed your picture for his spank bank! You’re gorgeous you’re perfect point blank end of story.

1 Like

You my dear are a queen. He just happened to notice💜

1 Like

Ignore people like that. Don’t let them steal your shine. And don’t let people tell you he wasn’t doing what you think he was. You know. The problem is with him not you.

1 Like

Now I’m sitting here wondering how many people think I’ve taken pictures of them because of how I was holding my phone. :joy:

Maybe he thought you were beautiful but on the flip side if he did take a pic of you because he was making fun of you it will come back to him . Also i weigh about the same as you and your size isnt what determines if your beautiful its who you are as a person life is too short wear what you want baby i do and i am unbothered by others thoughts on me they arent paying my bills,sleeping with me or contributing anything to my life .

1 Like

What if he thought you were attractive? You’re just assuming he was “making fun of you”

3 Likes

Maybe he thought you were sexy, unless you went and spoke to him you don’t really know what he was thinking!! It’s still not right to take photos of strangers either way but you gotta get rid of the insecurities and just be happy with yourself the way you are!!!

1 Like

Stop playing the victim :joy:

4 Likes

Maybe he thought you where the hottest thing there and wanted a picture of your hot self, still not cool to take a picture without your permission, but definitely change your frame of mind

1 Like

Your making an assumption because of your own opinion of yourself. This guy may love bigger women and thought you were gorgeous and sexy. Think positive instead of negative. Your tall and beautiful and love the outdoors.

8 Likes

It doesn’t make what he did any better but maybe he was a perv and wasn’t doing it to make fun of you. Maybe it was something else.

You need to still eat and keep on loving yourself. I don’t know what that creep was doing.

1 Like

Don’t worry about other people. You’re gorgeous. Keep on shining.

1 Like

I’m sorry u feel that way about yourself .Maybe he wasn’t trying to make fun of u maybe he thought u were pretty.Not all men like skinny women.Ive heard alot of men say they like women with a little meat on there bones,try not to let it bother u so much .

2 Likes

Work on your self image. I’m 5’9 238lbs. I get complements all the time.
If I caught someone taking pics of me I’d probably strike a pose and wink at them.

3 Likes

To hell with people like that,love yourself do what you want too,and next time confront some one like this cuss them out I’m overweight and I will cuss someone out making fun of me,!

So instead of not eating which is bad for you anyways ,find a good diet to stick with and continue hiking
Turn that pain into muscle :muscle:

2 Likes

He shouldn’t have been taking your photo without your permission, but he might have thought that you were extremely attractive, rather than it being something negative.

3 Likes

love yourself, he is no body to you and you you don’t really know maybe he likes bigger girls, positive thoughts always

1 Like