I went on a hike and noticed a guy taking a photo of me because I am a bigger girl: Advice?

Straight you crown and be you the Queen that you are!!!

1 Like

Big is beautiful! Have you seen Lizzo?

2 Likes

Uhhh. Did you ever think he was……”saving the photo for later” wink wink.
Don’t always think you turn heads for a negative reason.
Totally not saying it’s okay. Definitely not okay. But. That’s was my first thought.

1 Like

Maybe he likes big girls I would think you would be glad he thought you were someone too photograph your negative thinking

ALot of men Love Big Girls! … he may have been an admirer :thinking:
Either way its over and life goes on…

No matter what, there will always be haters.

1 Like

He is definitely a jerk if it were for the reasons you think, or he could be attracted to you.

How do you know what the reason was that he was supposedly taking pictures of you? Doubt it was to make fun of you.

3 Likes

You should never take pictures without permission but He might have been attracted to you. You know trying to sneak a pic of the hot girl. Did he do or say something that made you feel he was making fun or is this your self insecurities?

3 Likes

Why didn’t you approach him with your group?

1 Like

he mightve been a creeper thinking you were spank bank material. don’t feel poorly love :two_hearts:

Maybe he was attracted to you

Oh and don’t mind other people. If you are comfortable with yourself eff them

1 Like

Why do you think its your weight? Maybe he thinks you are beautiful and wants to savor your beauty!

1 Like

I guess be glad he liked the way you looked,a nice looking woman in sports bra and leggings I’m going to look,she would have to be beautiful for me to take a pic.

1 Like

I’m about the same weight and the same height but I look like humpty dumpty or 9 months pregnant, take your pick. But some girls are evenly proportioned and look cute in a crop top or sports bra. Regardless, if it’s hot and you are hiking and sweating, it doesn’t matter! You do you and don’t worry what anyone else thinks! You were doing something good for your body! For your health! That’s what is important. Not what you do or don’t have on. But I bet you shed some inches wearing that hoodie the rest of the time. But please don’t do that again. You could have had a heat stroke or worse. Be kind to yourself and ignore what others may think. I know, it’s easier said than done. Love and hugs :people_hugging:.

1 Like

You are probably in his spank bank. If I had to guess, he liked what he saw.
And if ot was to make fun, only a complete loser would do something like that. Dont worry about what a loser thinks.:wink:

5 Likes

I am a large person but have an honest question not pertaining to size. Do women where sports bras as tops? I agree with the others in that he may have liked what he saw.

2 Likes

Who said it was to be rude and make fun of you. He probably thought you were attractive and needed to save it. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t3:

Some men love bigger size women. He may have taken the picture because he liked what he saw, not meaning to upset you. don’t let that kind of silliness ruin your hike again, and don’t put your hoodie back on so you get over heated!

5 Likes

You just be you. He is the one that has a problem. You should of taken his picture and turned it into the park ranger. He needs to explain why he took your picture.

Personally, even with my 5’2 116lb self, I don’t wear a sports bra and leggings out of the gym, unless I’m perfectly comfortable with everyone and I mean everyone looking at my shape, whatever it may be, since in that outfit I would be naked with a painted covering over certain parts. Yep, it’s all just there to see, so you really don’t have any right to judge anyone who is looking at you since you basically are exposing all you got baby. As far as wanting to save the image for him to either post somewhere, and comment how he pleases, or save it for his own personal viewing pleasure. Just remember, hon, by showing yourself like that out in public….it’s public.

None of us are perfect in how we look to everyone else. There will always be someone to judge. You have to just decide to be happy and do you and let others talk cause in the end what they think does not matter. I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life and get judged constantly but they don’t know the real me and don’t know my story as they don’t know yours. Don’t cover up just because others look. You may never see them again so don’t let them have that much control over you. Some men like bigger women some don’t. He may like what he sees, he may not but in the end it shouldn’t have such an impact on you.

1 Like

Did you ever think it was because he LIKED what he saw ??? Maybe he was admiring you ??? I bet it was that

8 Likes

Maybe he thought you were a doppelgänger of someone he knew.

Maybe he is a plus womens designer and is working on his athleisure line.

Maybe he likes the view of the trees and light coming in.

Maybe he walks the trail daily and takes the same picture of the same place every day.

Maybe he is an artist looking for inspiration for his next painting.

Maybe he thought you were a knock out!!

You are perfect and other people can see that. Believe it. :camera_flash:

2 Likes

Literally… u cant read his mind. You DONT know if that was the reason. He could be a chubby chaser and think bigger girls are sexy and wanted a pic to look at. Who knows… but you dont. So please dont assume that the reason was bc you are bigger.

It may not be what you think. Men think big girls are sexy too. But don’t try to figure out what was on his mind. Let it go every time it comes to mind.

3 Likes

I guarantee he was doing it because he finds you attractive. Regardless though, its not ok for anyone to do that. Its creepy

2 Likes

Next time this happens, assume he was admiring you, but ask loudly, “Did you just take my picture? Why? Please delete it and show me you’ve done so.”

People don’t take pics of other people they Don’t like.
They take and save pics of who they admire .
He liked what he saw. It was inappropriate to take a pic of u without asking tho. But maybe it was an instant crush and if u saw a guy from afar and liked him… u may want to sneak a pic zoomed in of him for safe keeps. Kinda immature but teens do that kind of thing.
And if he did or didn’t like … it shouldn’t matter to u. Never ever allow anyones opinions dominate ur peace and affect ur self esteem. U do t have to be thin to be beautiful.
Thick is beautiful! Many men r into thick women with curves. Please never put in a hoody on a very hot day. And eat… it should’ve never gotten to this point of self sabotage

3 Likes

I mean if you have big boobs he could be just being a creep and taking a photo of your boobs :man_shrugging: being bigger doesn’t always mean it’s negative

Why do you even care what he or anyone else thinks? Take care of you and don’t worry about others opinions.

I’m 5’7" and 230. That’s 100lbs more of me from 30 years ago! I’ll never be skinny again. I don’t have a perfect body. I have a body that gave life to 4 kids. It’s the real me. if no one likes it, well tough. I think I would have yelled " yep, this body gave life to 4 kids, enjoy your picture!" Be who you are and enjoy the body you’re in.

Bring this to Weight Loss Warriors we used to be plus size exclusive, but the admins decided to be more inclusive. It’s still a really great group, and I know people there will be great to you. Idk if you’re trying to lose weight, I just think the group would be so nice to you.

Please do you best to tell yourself it may not be for mean reasons. He could have a friend about your size that thinks they’re too big to do what you’re doing, so he was showing them. Regardless of the truth you need to believe in the good in the world unless the truth is undeniable like he was laughing at you. You didn’t mention a nasty look on his face so let’s believe he wasn’t being a jerk.

Unless you asked him and he told you, you don’t know why he was actually taking a picture. That’s your own insecurity talking sister. However, it’s creepy for people to take pics of strangers without permission and I would have walked right up and told him to delete it.

2 Likes

He did it bc he liked ur body! Take it as a compliment

Maybe he liked what he saw…while it isn’t ok for him to take your pic without consent, we often put our own insecurities on others. Many men appreciate a full form especially ones that are also active and confident. :woman_shrugging:

Don’t be so conscious about yourself beauty comes in all shapes and sizes we can’t all be stick thin models men love curves something to grab hold of keep them warm in winter be proud of yourself plenty of plus size good looking women look at queen latifa, Melissa Mccarthy, rebel Wilson granted she’s lost weight but still stunning a here in uk we have beautiful Dawn French that off top off my head

That’s not actually what I’d consider big. He probably thought you was hot and you busted him in the act lol. Honey, I’m a toothpick. 5’5 and weigh 111. Everyone is so set on a size. I have people talking crap about me because I’m small. We will never be perfect in anyone’s eyes but ourselves. Love yourself honey! If we don’t, we will never overcome others. Be you, be beautiful and be bold! :wink:

Whether he took your picture out of admiration or disgust, you can’t control that. What you CAN control is how you react to it. What you project is what people will see. Personally, have admiration for you getting out there and hiking and rocking that sports bra and leggings!! We’re similar sizes, and I know that’s outside of my comfort zone. Don’t let this interaction eat away at your thoughts! Love yourself, and don’t fret over what others think.

Sad,you hate your body . If he took a picture, what the big deal. It was in a public place. He probably like your looks. Unless he post it,it might be he didn’t take a picture. If you was so worried, you should have asked.i was large and believed me I not let no one make feel like I needed to put a hoodie on in the daytime. Stop ,worried about what other people think. Love yourself.

I mean it’s definitely wrong he took a picture but how do you know he was making fun of you. It’s creepy but maybe he liked what he saw. You never know don’t jump to bad conclusions. I’m sure you looked just fine.

Maybe he was attracted to you why are people so negative all the time I have friend who is married to a gal that’s 300lbs and love each other very much

Girl! I bet he was checking you out! Lol these days size doesn’t matter anymore and where I live anyways it’s akways the hottest guys walking around with the thickest girls!! I’m from a more southern place btw. But I’ve got a pretty big sister and she has no shortage of men in her inbox! Or buying her drinks at the bar lol :rofl: but you were out there HIKING!! It’s something to be proud of!! Actuslly DOING something an not just using size as a crutch!!! Good for you girl!!! I’m sute he was bragging on you honey :honey_pot: :wink: take that with some confidence. I’m sure yes he went about it the wrong way but just smile and get an extra pep in your step and tell yourself it was flattery :wink: beliege it. Cuz you really don’t know otherwise

Maybe he liked u n wasn’t making fun of u at all

There r men that like big woman to not just skinny