I'd like to ask for reviews for an anti depressant i just started taking

I would try working on diet, proper exercise and maybe taking Saffron first. A lot of issues and can be solved outside of a doctor’s office and avoid a lot of nasty side effects.

CBD oil or cannabis helps with depression and anexity and no side effects

I would suggest adding therapy to your program adding in some coping strategies

3 Likes

I hope you have a psychiatrist. Tell them how you are feeling. Be brutally honest. I’m proud of you for taking steps. You’re on your way!

Your body may need extra time to adjust, or this may be a stepping stone to find out what works best. Best of luck❤

Wellbutrin did not work for me

Try eating clean. Especially no dyes​:wink:That helped me so much​:wink::two_hearts:

I take wellabrutin but I also take latuda, hydroxzine, and others.

I’d suggest stettra.

It takes about 2 weeks to a month to be fully be in your system but you’ll feel dragged down for awhile with. You absolutely will not have the same energy as you did when you took adderall.

You also need to give yourself time to adjust being off Adderall. It can take months to feel somewhat balanced. It can be a hard withdrawal from what I’ve seen. Be kind and loving to yourself. Be honest with your doctors. Be patient. Keep moving forward.

I’m taking Wellbutrin too also I have been taking it for two years. It should help from what I’ve seen. I have BPD and depression with anxiety. I’d say when I’m off of the mediation I’m more angry and tired.

That’s the downside to antidepressants… but… the good side is there are others you can try to see what helps you the best. I took Lexapro and felt like an emotionless zombie… started zoloft and felt much better. Talk to your Dr and see if you can try something else. Usually takes at least a week though to get used to it

You should get medical professionals advice. Not the internet.

It takes at least 2 weeks for the medication to work…give it time

A lot of that is probably from adrenal glad being over stimulated from abusing the ADHD meds my husband went threw this as well it took like a year of no Medican to regulate he has very serious ADHD he also refuses medication now because she slipped and doesn’t want to go back down that road he now takes kratom powder to help the ADHD and over stimulated adrenal gland systems so far it works great he takes white during the day for energy and red at night to sleep he normally does not sleep it’s like impossible the res makes it possible to fully sleep get off the anti depression meds !!! They are gave me horrible side effects including real depression!! It find at first but once the dose goes up shit gets weird I also found out it permanently deforms your brains and crap :grimacing::no_mouth: I stay away from pharmacy drugs at this point !! I’m not against Medican at all just hormones and anit depression meds to each their own obviously you have to talk to doctor before getting off depend on where you are on dosage level …. Look into kratom dont mix with other medication :ok_hand:t2:

Sounds like adjustment issues,anf or burn out, ,i would say get some blood tests done to check things like thyroid and hormonal changes, also chemical changes in the brain, can counsolling help ?

May need to give it time, may not be the right one for you. Like me personally, zoloft makes me an emotionless zombie but I constantly see people brag about happy it makes them.

I take 300 mg a day… It takes at least 1 month to rally syart working…

Check your thyroid it has all the same symptoms

You will miss the energy from adderall but it was killing uoi

I feel Wellbutrin does nothing alone. I had it added to my current meds. Good luck!

Idk maybe you don’t have adhd my gf is tiny takes her meds appropriately and is prescribed that 3x a day. She takes it as prescribed and acts normal. She is also on Wellbutrin with

Mentally paralyzed IS major depression. Once the drugs are really out of your system you will start to feel. And hopefully the wellbutrin helps with that. Good luck .

1 Like

The medicine is not what’s gonna change your life, you are. What helps me stay sober is to just do the next right thing whatever that may be… even when nobody is looking and I don’t feel like doing the right thing. it’s not easy but you can do it :heart:

Wellbutrin targets dopamine. You may want to try one that targets serotonin.
Insomnia is one of the top side effects of that med. You can try adding something to it, if it works for you other than in that once area.
I’m the opposite. It practically puts me into a coma. I couldn’t function and had to stop taking it.

I take wellbutrin 300 mg snd like it

Join adhd groups
Focused Femmes: A Support Group For Women With ADHD

InATTENTIVE ADHD/ADD ADULT - Info and support group

these meds take weeks for the full effect… also, if youre expecting to ‘feel’ something then you might not be recovered yet…

I just got off of Wellbutrin after spending the summer on it. Worst summer ever as far as my mental health. Uncontrollable anger, suicidal thoughts, depression.

Drs get a kickback if they keep their patients on Wellbutrin. It’s BS. Get off of it!!

I highly recommend Lexapro

First off I would like to recommend that you get some blood work done have everything checked out check your hormone levels. You can easily have a deficiency in something and it would be causing the depression. There are certain minerals and vitamins that will work better than antidepressants … they help by balancing out your hormones and efficiencies to a normal level. The first one you should be worried about is B12 deficiency along with a zinc deficiency and vitamin d. Magnesium also plays a huge role in your neurotransmitters. I suggest to anyone that suffers from depression to please try the natural Way first.

1 Like

Zoloft really helped me

Asking people on Facebook???

You need to have a change of meds. Wellbutrin does not help everyone and your lack of wanting to even do simple hygiene shows that it is not working for you.

Ask to take a gene-drug test. It’s a mouth swab that comes back in like a few days and it’ll literally tell you every medication you can or cannot or should or should not take with your gene makeup. Trust me when I say it’s lifechanging. It’s almost scary the things that you cannot take and shouldn’t and wouldn’t know otherwise.

I’m so proud of you :pleading_face:

Vyvanse worked well for me and my daughter after adverse reactions with Adderall. Maybe in addition to the wellbutrin you need something to actually TREAT the ADHD symptoms properly.

A. You have a major mental illness, addiction.
B. It takes a minimum of 4 weeks for antidepressants to be at a therapeutic level.
C. Your body has not produced its own energy for quite some time and it will take months for it to self regulate again.

2 Likes

Wow that’s some serious shit

There’s a new cheek swab test that supposedly helps narrow things down as to which meds will work best for you it’s even medicaid approved. I’m waiting for my results , I’m like you, just so tired and unmotivated about anything, with some anxiety thrown in.

I’ve been where you are & they put me on the same thing after being on it for about 3 months it never did anything for me so my Dr switched me to Lexapro. Since being on it, it has changed me tremendously. Maybe give it a few more weeks & if ur not seeing any changes you could talk to ur Dr about awitching you to this other medicine & see how it does. Good luck sweetie.

If the meds don’t work after about a month of taking them I’d check things out further. Sometimes it’s not even depression. Try seeing a rheumatologist and getting checked for vitamins and minerals. Sometimes if your lacking in something it can have the same effects.

I took it for about 3 weeks and decided it wasn’t for me. I could see where it helped but the side effects were not worth it for me. I had MAJOR anger issues with it and outburst. Like I would be so energetic and happy and just flip of a switch over something minor. This is just my personal experience. But again it wasn’t until the 3rd week. I was told by a few others that maybe my body needed to just adjust to it cause like I said I could see the benefit but I was worried about the anger outburst I had. I haven’t tried anything since (I tried 2 other meds before this and they didn’t help) but it’s all a work in progress and acknowledge is a BIG step and that alone has helped. I say give it 3-4 weeks like everyone says and then speak to your dr. Know I felt exactly like you did, not sad or suicidal but just so unmotivated and I just wanted to lay in bed all day and couldn’t wait to go to sleep. I take more mental health days to start and it’s helped me so much. I know ultimately I need something medically. But know your feelings are valid and baby steps. You’re making steps in the right direction

You didnt go to bed normal one night and wake up drepressed. It took you years to become so depressed that your behaviors and lifestyle changed in order for you to see it. Women are built strong, and therefore we dont always know OR WANT TO ADMIT when something is wrong with us because we are the strong ones. Our body fights without us knowing, and until it can’t take anymore only then will you notice it telling you something is wrong. My point is, this didn’t happen overnight, and neither will fixing it. 4 days is not enough for any medicine to make an improvement on anything. Heck, even most antibitoics take longer than 3 or 4 days. Take the med, watch for signs that your getting better OR worsening so you can take caution if you need to. At your next follow up appointment let the doctor know what you have noticed vs what your expectations were/are. They can help you set goals too. The healing process can take months. It took months to make you feel shitty, and it will take months to help you feel UNshitty. Keep koving forward. And props to you for recognizing you even needed help in the first place. Many don’t, or they recognize it but deny it.

Adderall is not an antidepressant so I’m not sure why you were prescribe that for anti depression. It’s used to treat ADD and ADHD