If am wrong please correct me

Y’all obviously have zero trust. That’s all I can say from the little bit you said.

3 Likes

My husband doesn’t have a smart phone and we don’t have a computer so he doesn’t have any social media and no way to check mine but l have nothing to hide if he wanted to

1 Like

I can’t block Richard just uses mine and I wondered for ages why the same advertisements kept coming up over and over at Christmas, it was a hint :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yall talking about she’s hiding stuff but my ex used to get mad at me for sharing famous men fashion/photoshoots bc the men were “attractive”. When really I just enjoy sharing fashion. So I mean. There are some crazies out here.

14 Likes

Forget blocking him from social media id just block him from my life.

Yup I did this for a while with mine he got annoyed but he was doing my head in as he used his social media differently and judged me for it :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

And anyone suggesting someone who does that is hiding things isn’t true i wasn’t but anything I shared he was like but personal?

3 Likes

Ughh i would be annoyed too. Obviously i have nothing to hide and i dont care if he sees any social media or whatever but just the fact of him needing to look would irk me.

1 Like

Blocking him is not solving the problem if he has jealousy issues or issues that you don’t like y’all need to talk it out and fix them. So yes blocking your husband on any social media is not right if he’s doing something you don’t like fix it or leave him

I’m not friends with my husband on social media period. :woman_shrugging:t4:

You’re both wrong. Controlling behavior and jealousy isn’t cool. It sounds like an unhealthy relationship.
I’m not going to say his behaviour is your fault, I’m also not going to say it isn’t because we don’t know the whole story. OP may have cheated physically or emotionally using social media. Or maybe the hubby is cheating and that’s why he’s like that. We don’t know the whole story. But what we can tell is that it’s an unhealthy relationship and you either need couples therapy or to move on.

1 Like

You are an adult. Don’t share your life with a person who has a need to monitor you.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need better communication in real life!

5 Likes

Soon you gonna part ways

3 Likes

Why are you married​:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

Blocking him just creates another issue on top of the one you got. I’d work on the issue at hand before creating more

10 Likes

Why is he controlling when it comes to social media. What are you doing that is making him so worried.

3 Likes

Bless both or your hearts. I can’t decide who has a bigger issue here. If my husband blocked me on social media it would absolutely make me feel he was hiding something from me. What is a “monitoring spirit” and how does it only affect social media? If he’s truly controlling I’d say social media is your smallest concern.

9 Likes

This is funny!:joy:
I can’t believe how many women base their marriage or relationship,because of social media!

2 Likes

You are right to do that. Why is he acting that way? Stalking and keeping close tabs on you and everything you do is abuse.

3 Likes

I don’t think its wrong as long as he knows

Sounds like y’all got bigger issues than Facebook.

23 Likes

Regardless of what strangers on FB think, you have already made your decision and changing it based on others opinions will still make you feel like it’s the wrong choice. Seems like something you only need to be discussing within your marriage.

3 Likes

My husband has passwords to all my sm, he goes on periodically and I could care less. I will not have a combined account because that screams weirdness but I also don’t post or message anything that I need to hide from him. He doesn’t want sm but does enjoy seeing families pictures or reading in my sports groups. Been married 31 years, we built trust before sm existed! :joy:

11 Likes

Social media is honestly trash for relationships. currently doing something similar. Some ppl handle things differently and if this helps with less drama then I’m here for it. I think from ppl with joint facebooks shouldn’t have an opinion lol. Sorta kidding but not really

Your spouse should be your best, at least one of your best friends, in life! I can’t even imagine being in a relationship, let alone married to someone whom I felt the need to block, or God forbid blocked me, on social media. That in itself seems like it would cause trust issues. Just wild.

21 Likes

I told my hubby if you don’t like what I put don’t follow me or look at what I write. Now he doesn’t. I would tell your husband the same thing or block him

Me and my man have been together over 6 years and we aren’t even friends on fb :rofl: but we are just different, some people would be upset. Why now? Lol

This sounds ridiculously unhealthy and social media is probably the least of your issues. Work on healthy communication and respectful boundaries or get out of this relationship.

3 Likes

Are you his mom or wife?

1 Like

Seems like he may be a tad insecure and need some reassurance? Nobody here knows the full story but it’s seeming like he may be struggling with something and maybe showing some compassion instead of just blocking him, might help? Communication is so important.

2 Likes

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Why you married?

9 Likes

My baby dad who lives with me, we aren’t friends on social media platforms :joy: sometimes it’s just better that way… We recently became friends on fb… Lasted all of 5minutes, he saw one comment on a public post he didn’t like and boom! Unfriended again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ya I block my husband also he doesn’t care for all the notifications I send post excetra so just block him

What are y’all teenagers or just drunks :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I unfriended my person too. They didn’t like me tagging them in cute shit every day

I wouldn’t like being monitored either.

Lmao girl what u hiding??:rofl::rofl::clown_face::clown_face:

If you have nothing to hide you shouldn’t have to block him

2 Likes

Mine hates technology…I try to show him things on Facebook and 98% of the time it annoys him…and that’s anyones posts. However he doesn’t care what I do or what I post. I don’t say nothing on fb that I would say to his face. Lol

I don’t care what mine sees I actually put up stuff when appropriately related for him stuff like that I wouldn’t say face to face I get a kick out of it cause he’ll bring it also if you and your hubby are that bad off with each other that you don’t want him on your site then maybe you should think more on what’s more important

What are you hiding? That’s the first thing that pops into my head after reading this

9 Likes

There’s absolutely no context here. This question raises more questions than answers. What is he monitoring and why? Are you being shady or is he being abusive? Seems like there is a lot of toxic behavior in this relationship.

If I have to block anyone I have been close with, let alone my husband, that relationship has probably run its course.

12 Likes

What are you hiding? Couples should trust each other your husband should be your best friend and have your back an you should be his. Do you want your marriage or fake friends on Facebook?

1 Like

What are you hiding :no_mouth:

#failedrelationships

3 Likes

Control and boundary issues? Time to sit down, have the talk, reinstate boundaries…

3 Likes

If you have no secrets what’s the problem? I’m not sure what boundaries he’s crossing by looking at things you post? Unless he’s using your password, which means trust issues. My husband has my password for my phone, he doesn’t have a reason to check my stuff, but he can. Not enough information in this post to really give advice. Work on your trust issues, unless he’s abusive, unless you are flirting with other men or he with other women? Unless he’s fabricating you cheating because he is? Again not enough information here.

1 Like

Let my partner block me on social media and watch them not have a relationship with me… I get he doesn’t like what you share or post and is trying for to control you but instead of talking to him like an adult and figuring out what to do about it together you act like a child and go below his behavior and block him? You might be single soon

1 Like

Do you feel like he is judging you on what you post? Or Does he get mad at what you post?
Maybe it’s you ?
I feel like there are some boundary issues

By setting boundaries, you attract people willing to respect you and want good things for you.

Found this page
This may help

2 Likes

This post immediately made me feel like you were the one hiding something. I could be wrong but it’s quite odd you want to block your husband of all people from all your social media. Especially with no context for us to understand why. So it’s just left with assumptions

1 Like

More detail is needed? Does he harassed you over comments/likes on your page? Does he question you about every post? More details? If you are actually “entertaining” messages than yes you are wrong but there is nothing you can do about what others say.

LoL social media isn’t real life so keep that in mind. It can cause petty jealousy and miscommunications. Doesn’t mean someone is hiding something either. You’ll likely have alot more peace blocking him. Nothing wrong with it. Work on you’re REAL relationship in real life :grin:

Is he overly controlling and always bitching or complaining or critical of what you post? Does he try to control or tell you what he wants you to post?

Or are you the one hiding things from him?

Either way, this screams toxic to me. No one should dictate what their partner does and doesn’t post or do on their social media accounts. Maybe step back and re-evaluate your relationship with your husband. Try having a conversation with him about boundaries, and if that doesn’t work, maybe try therapy together. Maybe it’s time to part ways if this isn’t the only toxic behavior in your relationship.

We need more context. It could two things. Hes either controlling, jealous or nosey. Or you are to flirty or friendly with people. Either way blocking will not help. It just shows him that you are posting things you don’t want him to see.

3 Likes

Girl I totally understand. I blocked my bf on everything. Except text & phone of course. His friends too. Every time I commented on something or someone said something he had an attitude. Got tired of it. No more problems!!

1 Like

I mean personally if you feel it’s necessary to block then maybe what you’re doing on social media is the problem… I don’t really post things on social media, I really just repost memes and maybe comment here and there but nothing too personal that my hubby would have a problem with. My husband also doesn’t have social media, he barely uses his cell phone and honestly doesn’t like that I have a Facebook much less post our children every now and then but I always check with him first before I post something about our kids. I leave my Facebook open and have given him my password and everything because I don’t really care about the little things like that. It may be something you should consider asking him about, talk about social media and if he likes or dislikes what you post and things like that. Again, my husband doesn’t have social media and doesn’t really like that I have Facebook but he understood when I told him why I have a Facebook and I continue to let him see everything on my Facebook including the messages…I dont actually talk to people either but the little bit I do, he sees it as well and it has never caused us any problems.

Nothing wrong with that, I don’t like having mine on my socials either, he’s blocked :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What Chris Peffley said. I think if you can’t share guilt free than something else is up.

3 Likes

Either he’s too jealous and controlling or you’re actually hiding something… work it out.

1 Like

What you doing tho that you dont want him to see

Sounds like this is not the problem, but a symptom of much bigger issues.

4 Likes

I was in the same situation. He always took any comment anyone gave me the wrong way…didnt matter what it was…and always was asking who so in so was. I got so flippin tired of explaining myself and who people were all the time. He wouldn’t ask nicely, it was always with some sort of attitude.

Done. I dropped the no friends thing on the social media with him.

5 Likes

I guess the question here is
1- how would u feel if he did that to you? I myself would not block my husband bc I wouldn’t like it if he done that to me. 2- if anything were to happen to him u wouldn’t be his friend therefore unable to post on his wall as this sometimes brings comfort- your unable to tag him in things which also results in no memories to show up years from now… eh. I say to each their own but I myself would never.

3 Likes

I feel that if you have zero to hide, then it wouldn’t bother you at all.

7 Likes

What are you hiding from your husband?

6 Likes

This whole post confuses me. Is he just stalking you on social media or is it the monitoring spirit like posted above.

I would never block my husband on social media. I have no reason to because I have nothing to hide. Also I have no reason to because he doesn’t stalk my social media.

I had a marriage once we’re towards the end of it my husband stalked everything I did electronically including putting a keylogger on my phone. That was HORRIBLE!

1 Like

Your post is a little confusing but maybe I can relate? My husband always has an opinion on what I post. Not always positive but not always negative either. It’s a little annoying but we’re married and it’s part of it :woman_shrugging:t2: I would never block him tho. Marriage needs transparency.

I can see both ways. If it gives a little more peace in the marriage to not have each other on social media, then that’s fine.

Ok ok ok. The real question is why are you with someone that is like that anyways? Man if I felt the need to block my husband on social media, I would leave him. Because someone ain’t acting right and it’s not a good relationship.

Not z completely bad idea . I’m ve seen things on my husband’s phone that have almost ddsstryrf me. He blames me for his actions.

Set a healthy boundary. Hey I would like to keep you involved in my social media life but your demeaning comments and attitude need to stop, so if you’d like to stay friends please stop these behaviors. And maybe reassure him that regardless of comments or anything on social media that you are married and committed to him only and wouldn’t ever break his trust and that if he is seriously worried about a situation you are open to discussing it but breathing down your neck can’t continue. Communication is best.

So if you y’all are having issues with your husbands asking questions about this person or that person is do you think blocking him is the answer? It sounds as if there is a trust issue that needs to be talked about. Without having those conversations things will never get better with or without social media. You should be able to have friends on social media without getting the third degree over it.

What the hell y’all still married 4?

1 Like

My momma used to do that to my stepfather when she was alive, we all thought it was hilarious :laughing:

I’m so close to blocking mine :upside_down_face:

Honestly it sounds to me that your scared he will find something, honestly if your that ashamed of what you post your husband has every right to be suspicious… Wrong on SOOOO many levels

He doesn’t trust you for a reason

1 Like

I’d block my stalker too. Js

1 Like