If you are pregnant or nursing, did you get the COVID vaccine?

Hello, has any pregnant or nursing mom gotten the COVID-19 Vaccine? We had our baby in October, and not sure if to get the Vaccine since I am breastfeeding? I understand, not many studies have been done, so I am concerned for our baby… Thank you for any input!

37 Likes

I wouldn’t. The risks outweigh the reward. And your baby needs you safe and healthy. With any other vaccines I would say yes, but not that one. And you never know what you could transfer to your baby.

4 Likes

I’m pregnant… 23 weeks… not getting it now… or when I deliver…

1 Like

I have not taken the vaccine and i work in the medical field. I believe for myself that there isn’t enough science behind it for me to get it at this time. I believe there is also a reason as to why its not being given to our children. Just my opinion though.

30 Likes

No studies have been done on pregnant or breastfeeding women…

4 Likes

I agree with the other coppers so far. I am pregnant and I am not getting it. I plan to breastfeed and pump and I’m still not gonna do it. I am very PRO vaccinations but I understand that there are some shots you shouldn’t get while pregnant. Like anthrax for example.

1 Like

I refuse to get it. I have 3 friends who have gotten it and are now dealing with life changing things i.e. bells palsy.

10 Likes

I asked my ob my last visit, I’m 14 weeks, he said there’s not enough data for pregnant or breastfeeding moms, but ask your OB or pediatrician what’s best for you and your little one

I’m nursing & just got the vaccine today :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My daughter is an RN in Irving Tx. and she is 24 weeks pregnant and just took her second Covid shot. Her doctor encouraged her to take it. She is doing great!

5 Likes

Ask different doctors not wanna be fb scientists and doctors. Too many conspiracy theory loons on fb

14 Likes

Same as everyone here so far. I’m 13 weeks, and also a nurse. My OB is not comfortable with it due to not enough data. I’ll probably wait until after delivery even if she ends up saying it’s safe during pregnancy.

2 Likes

I was told by the hospital antinatal not to get it , I’m diabetic also so will get a call for it but they stated say no to it so that’s a sure No from me haven’t they told others not to yet.

I live in Canada & my province says if you are pregnant or breastfeeding to not get it. And I am all for getting it but these are our regulations.

5 Likes

I don’t think its a good idea. CDC doesn’t recommend it for women pregnant or breasfeeding. They don’t have enough evidence to prove it is safe.

8 Likes

I don’t think they’re letting any pregnant or bf mom’s get it since they didn’t do any studies.

I’m 20 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and called my ob to ask for their opinion. They said he recommended it even though there are no studies. I told my husband what he said and my and myself and decided against me getting it. I’m a stay at home mom and very rarely go anywhere now with this virus and I’m a fairly healthy person so we aren’t too concerned with ourselves getting it real bad if we where to somehow catch it.

I’m definitely pro vaccination. I got my flu shot and tdap vaccine while pregnant. Currently nursing my 14 week old. I plan on waiting til I’m done nursing or until my dr and her dr both tell me it’s safe

2 Likes

I’m in an assisted living community we had our first round of the vaccine 2 weeks ago for residents and staff, It’s not recommended for pregnant women.

Don’t think it’s a good idea for anyone in child bearing years till more studies.

3 Likes

I heard that if your pregnant they are not giving it to you but I heard that from a media outlet so best to check with a doctor

Talk to your doctor. Get a 2nd opinion if you feel the need to but don’t go based on what people on the internet say. There are to many conspiracy theorists out there that will tell you not to and then give you, well I know multiple people that have side effects/issues. Some of these people must have the unluckiest friends/family

4 Likes

I wasn’t getting it before I read pregnant or breastfeeding moms shouldn’t get it, now I’m definitely not getting it. Nursing my 16 month old and I don’t trust it.

1 Like

I think they said if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant you shouldn’t take the vaccine

1 Like

Personally, I will not be getting the Covid vaccine (currently 28 weeks pregnant) and I plan on breastfeeding. I think the breastfeeding you are doing for your little one is protecting your baby more then you know! I know Fed is Best but there is seriously magic in breast milk

1 Like

This should be between you and your dr

1 Like

Breastfeeding mother here & my answer is no. Not enough science to back it. Most people are surviving covid. I survived covid. My children survived covid. If science is right, we are immune 3 months. Per the doctors words. So no. Not necessary in my eyes.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to get the vaccine. Go ahead and opt out if you want. Then people who really want and need the vaccine can get it. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I personally feel more studies need to be done and am not comfortable getting it. But the best thing you can do is research, talk to your doctor and get a second opinion.

1 Like

I absolutely refuse because if you’re trying to conceive or are pregnant/breastfeeding they have done ZERO research on the side effects to you. They literally have not tested if it’s safe for this particular population. I have gotten every other vaccine and I believe in COVID. But the simple answer is we do not know if it’s safe because they have not tested if it is yet.

6 Likes

Call your doctor and ask for a copy of the insert that comes with it. Use that to help with your research.

2 Likes

My ob said not to get it or let any of my children get it until theres more studies.

7 Likes

Pretty sure the vaccine says no to pregnant or nursing mamas.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s a hard pass. Thalidomide- although not a vaccine- was actually fully approved (and also rapidly approved) for pregnant moms to take specifically for pregnancy related symptoms…and if you’re unsure of how that went, i’d research it.

4 Likes

If you’re decision to get it, Is based on fear… reevaluate. Statistically speaking, the odds of the vaccine not even being effective -/+5% are higher than the odds of you and your child surviving the virus should you contract it.

4 Likes

I’m shocked how many people said no. I am nursing and I will be getting it. I’m more concerned with long term side effects from covid (even if asymptomatic) than anything happening from the vaccine.

10 Likes

My grandma had COVID and the after effects are worse than the virus itself… short of breath and just drowsy and tired and fatigued all the time

2 Likes

Tbh this vaccine was pushed through so fast. It wasn’t tested as throughly as usual. The vaccines we’ve had for years still cause side effects. My daughter almost died from the flu vaccine & is cognitively disabled from it. I don’t trust this vaccine. I’ll let everyone get it & see how they get on in 10-20 years from now.

11 Likes

I would really listen to you gut on this one they have not even tested this shot enough at all and the ones who are risking it good for you but remember that when something bad happens . im just saying if its anything like the flu shot it will be ineffective after this year just like the flu shots are always up and down if they are gonna work or not so nope im not i dont get the flu shot either

They told me no and I’m 8 weeks pregnant

1 Like

I had heard that OB’s are telling you not to if you are pregnant or still in child baring years bc there is no study to show that it is safe or what side effects there may be.

2 Likes

My doctor said he wouldn’t pregnant or not.

My SIL was told she had to stop breastfeeding when she got the vaccine because there is no research behind it on weather it’s safe or not.

1 Like

They have said if your pregnant/planning on getting pregnant within the upcoming months or breastfeeding, to not have the vaccine :slightly_smiling_face:

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and will be nursing. As soon as I am able to I will be getting it. I’d get it today if I could.

2 Likes

Why would u get something that could potentially harm your baby? There are ZERO studies on pregnant women.

1 Like

My pcp said to wait until I am not nursing and done having children.

1 Like

I was talking with a friend last night who is a molecular geneticist. She said its stated on the packet info not to get vaccine if youre pregnant or wanting to become pregnant. The toxicity levels are too high for a fetus to handle and can cause higher risk of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancies.

1 Like

I’m like 98% sure that I read an article saying if you were pregnant or bf the don’t recommend you get the vaccine

MRNA vaccines are not generally passed through breastmilk. The mild side effects could be more a “nuisance” to those with a small child. But with what is known about similar vaccines I don’t believe the vaccine it self should be of concern.

7 Likes

I won’t be getting the vaccine. I’m pregnant currently and in April when I deliver I still won’t get it

24 Likes

Yes I’m an ICU nurse and have been lucky enough to avoid Covid in my household. I got mine on 12/30 & will be getting the second dose in 2 weeks. My baby was born in October and I am nursing. I didn’t have any symptoms and neither did baby. It isn’t a live virus so I felt safe getting it while breast feeding. It allows us as the mom’s to get the antibodies and hopefully pass those antibodies onto the baby! I am really hoping the vaccine will provide protection for my daughter and I against getting the virus!

46 Likes

I won’t be getting vaccine. Im breastfeeding. Havent decided on future family planning, there are some concerns for future fertility. There is enough known about that aspect for me to personally be comfortable.
We have had covid in this house. (My husband has to work out of the home), both in March and November. Im auto immune, so yay 2x. But my youngest was only 4 months the first time and while she did get a little hoarse and a bit fussy. there really were not other symptoms and she did great. 2nd time she had no symptoms.

Good luck on your search for information. I know that currently la leche league has asked for information feom breastfeeding moms who have recieved the vaccine. So I am assuming they are coming out with some kind of article/report on that information somewhat soon? I know that in the trials both breastfeeding and pregnant woman were eliminated from volunteer pool, so not a lot is known about effects of it at this point in time.

7 Likes

I would not personally get it if I was breastfeeding not enough info on it let alone it hasn’t been out long enough to c the side effects. So it would be a BIG no to me… but I’m not getting it anyways regardless.

96 Likes

Yes! Breastfeeding and got my first vaccine 12/28. Due for my next one 1/18. No issues with the babe. Also fed some of that liquid gold to my 3 year old! Get those good antibodies!!! I’m also a nurse.

17 Likes

I am a dental and got mines as well as the whole office and the ones that are breastfeeding did as well. She hasn’t had any problems

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve heard of pregnant woman or nursing. Although they offer flu vaccines for pregnancy I just don’t think we have enough studies so I’d be a little safer snd wait a bit

7 Likes

Hell no!. I would never sign up to be a guinea pig. I’ll sit this round out & continue watching & reading about all the adverse side effects/deaths while the sheep run for their piece of the Agenda 29 pie. And even IF I’m dead wrong & this vax is perfect, no one knows that. Why subject yourself as a new mom to such risk? Just stay inside & follow the recommended precautions by the CDC. You would anyway with a winter baby during flu season. Nothing is really different right now as far as protecting my baby against germs.

10 Likes

Im currently pregnant and my doc is recommending that I get it. If I get the chance I will, however, I’m due in 9 weeks so not sure it will be available before then.

2 Likes

I personally would wait until more information is known. It’s not suggested for pregnant moms or children yet so I really would wait. Not worth the chance.

8 Likes

I personally asked my dr because I’m planning on becoming pregnant and she said she is recommending everyone getting regardless. I’m sure other drs would say differently so I would ask your ob.
Whatever decision you make,good luck :heart:

4 Likes

Absolutely not while pregnant for me!! I probably wouldn’t nurse either just because from what I’m hearing, it’s not proven safe for children yet

3 Likes

I would not suggest it. I had the virus and know people who have, the risks associated with the vaccine can be extreme for a very low mortality virus. It’s like having the flu. Speak to your healthcare provider and ask their opinion then look at your options, don’t be afraid to ask questions!

It’s not recommended for those breastfeeding or pregnant as no studies have been done on that

12 Likes

I’m breastfeeding my 3.5 month old and got my 2nd vaccine last Thursday! :muscle:

46 Likes

I would ask your doctor, an immunologist or any physician before listening to the public. The only time we don’t allow breast feeding is moms who do cocaine or are on chemotherapy drugs! Ask your OB for a reference.

1 Like

I am breastfeeding and got my vaccine last month. My 6 month old did not act any different. I’m also a nurse. All of my breastfeeding coworkers also got it.

28 Likes

According to the CDC website, the only times that there have been adverse effects in regards to breastfeeding is when a live version of a virus is used in the vaccine, and even then the effects are very rare. However, the COVID vaccine does not have a live version, and vaccines in general are a good idea to build your and your child’s immunity since immunity is temporarily passed through breast milk. That said, the CDC has not done full testing on pregnant or breastfeeding women, so ultimately it is up to you, but considering the efficacy of all other vaccines we get and the power of healthy and immunized breast milk I personally don’t think it would be a risk to your child.

22 Likes

I’m pregnant right now so I’m holding off, but personally I think I’ll do it when I’m breastfeeding, not much can go wrong at that point.
We even had a doctor at my hospital get it while pregnant.

11 Likes

We were advised not to if breastfeeding or pregnant

3 Likes

I’m a nurse and will 100% get the vaccine, but I’m pregnant now and will definitely not be getting it until the baby is born.

32 Likes

My oldest is a nurse and she is not getting the vaccine just yet bc she is trying to become pregnant.

2 Likes

I’m pregnant and haven’t gotten it. I haven’t even gotten the flu vaccine lately because of extreme allergic reaction to the egg that’s in the flu vaccine. I’m not entirely sure of there’s egg in the covid vaccine, hence the reason why I haven’t gotten it yet.

Just a thought…but remember when Thalidomide was given to pregnant women to help with morning sickness and was later found to give countless children birth defects🤷🏻‍♀️

11 Likes

In my opinion maybe think about it., thorough study should be done first to see possible effects to unborn and breastfeeding child. Better be safe than sorry., anyways being pregnant and breastfeeding is not forever so you can delay it for the mean time and focus on building your immune system thru healthy gut and healthy lifestyle. Stay safe! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

They recommend that pregnant women and nursing mothers not get it because not enough studies have been done to prove that it’s safe for the baby

3 Likes

I work in a&e and pregnant and they aren’t offering to pregnant mothers - nursing mothers it’s optional but they advised against it xx

4 Likes

I am a nurse practitioner who does covid testing for my job, so I work in a high risk environment and I am pregnant. Scheduled to get my shot tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m pregnant and I work in healthcare, I am not getting it at the moment. Some drs say it’s safe for pregnant women and some say it’s not so I just decided not to get it

1 Like

Just take vitimans daily I do have not had a cold or flu or anything else in years

4 Likes

I’m currently pregnant and I talked with my doctor he said there isn’t a lot of research on it, we discussed and decided that I would wait until after I gave birth. Talk with your OB.

3 Likes

I haven’t been offered, but I am refusing if offered. I saw a pharmacist make a statement saying that there hasn’t been much in the way of studies saying the side effects but that it could be potentially dangerous which is odd bc an article I had read prior by a few days earlier had said they tested in mice and it was fine. That same pharmacist did state however it can cause fertility issues and with the amount of people having allergic reactions to it, that’s a big no for me. Then again, while I DO believe in vaccines, I also always refuse the flu vaccines too. Never gotten the flu, get the flu shot and EVERY time I get the stomach flu SEVERELY. I’ll pass.

2 Likes

When looking into getting the vaccine, they said not have unprotected sex for 60 after getting it which I can only assume is because there could be a risk to the fetus if I were to get pregnant in that time? I’m not totally sure but I ended up not getting it. I wouldn’t even risk if honestly, but do your research and talk to medical professionals and the choice is up to you!

1 Like

I’m off on maternity leave at the moment and not allowed it untill the end of March ( baby is due in 2 weeks ) x

1 Like

Everyone has their opinions, and each to their own im not knocking any1s decisions

Its the not knowing if anything was passed to the child, like someone has already mentioned long term effects in growing/developing child

Just like does it effect fertility, those who havent started a family yet

It so soon anwers are not known, but each to their own and only that individual can make their own choice

1 Like

No, but I had COVID while pregnant so not sure if I need the vaccine.

1 Like

We had an in-service at work and the doctor advised pregnant women, women breastfeeding, people allergic to medicines, people with problems and food not to get it.

Pfizer said they don’t recommend anyone getting if they are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. They also said not to take it while breastfeeding.

2 Likes

I gave birth in April when all this was sparking up…I’ve only breastfed and baby has not had any health issues but I did give my baby all his needed immunization…not sure if you are planning to…

Insert says that it is not tested for safety on pregnant woman or even on animals, so if you want to be their guinea pig then get it but do yourself a favor and first download the insert off the cdc website. The insert says they can’t guarantee immunity to Covid because they haven’t even tested it’s transmissive abilities. If you are determined to take the shot then wait until you are not pregnant. They will be tracking and tracing after the shot because the roll out of the vaccine to the public is the trials. No thank you

I live in the UK and they aren’t giving it out to anyone trying, are currently pregnant or are breastfeeding as there isn’t enough studies on it

1 Like

Just had my baby January 3rd I am also a pharmacy technician and I am not taking it

I would not worry about your baby getting it. They have a very low chance of getting it so please if you are only thinking about it cause of them don’t get it. I would wait till they come out with more info about the vaccine but that is just my opinion.

I didn’t get the vaccine, my baby is due in two weeks. My OB said they’re finding that mom’s that are testing positive for Covid are having negative testing babies.
But I also don’t get first gen anything… vaccines, medications, gaming consoles… :laughing:

I personally wouldn’t get it… As heard people dying from it, like that doctor who took it and 3 days after gone!!! He was healthy etc but unfortunately taken the vaccine n now look at the outcome!

Hi pals!! Please, please, please, make sure you talk to your doctors about the vaccine! It’s an MRNA vaccine, which means it codes for a specific section of the genetic code of COVID19 and uses less of the virus’s genetic code than most vaccines do. Talk to your doctor, especially if you regularly get botox or lip fillers!!:purple_heart:

I’m not getting the vaccine because I don’t feel the need for it. I think it’s unnecessary

2 Likes

The shot hasn’t been tested on pregnant women or breastfeeding moms. I been watching drs been dying

1 Like

I decided no while pregnant. I’m undecided when I’ll be nursing. I have to do my research first

1 Like

Currently pregnant and my provider suggested not getting it since there is not enough research yet if safe for pregnant women.