Is 5 years to big for an age gap?

My oldest is 16 years older than my youngest and we’re getting along just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s 17 years between me and my oldest brother

My oldest 2 are 3 1/2 yrs apart and then the oldest and 3rd one are 12 yrs apart

Not at all, my first 2 are about 5 yrs apart and they are still very close.

I have a 9 almost 8 year old and a 5 month old they are so helpful i was scared of the age gap but best thing i did :heart:

My kids are 5 years apart 26, 20 almost 21 & 15 almost 16 - even the dog is 5 years younger then the youngest :wink: for the most part they get along well - the oldest was jealous of the baby - like why do I have to do dishes and she doesn’t - because she is 3 and you are 13. But all kids get jealous of each other at some point. The 20 & 15 year olds are still both at home and they go shopping, to the gym etc - pandemic induced since she was supposed to be away at college. but they also fight like she is wearing my clothes or she didn’t empty the dirt cup on the vacuum. My absolute favorite is it’s her day to feed the dog so I can’t. The dog needs fed just feed her your sister is at work.

1 Like

My oldest and my youngest are almost 6 years apart and he loves the hell out of his sister…

No, my children are 4.5 years apart each.
I am 3 years older than 1 sister and 15 years older than another and I am closer to the sister who is 15 years younger

Mine are 7 years apart. My sister is 9 years younger than me. I have another sister who is 9 yrs older than me. I have brother who is 20 yes younger. But I have good relationship with all of them. There are pros and cons to any size age gap. If you want another child, and you are able to do so, have a baby

My kids are 5 yrs apart, they get along great most of the time

Not at all. My oldest son is 25 and my oldest daughter is 19. I also have a 10, 9 and 8 yr old. My oldest two are very protective of their younger sisters and they have an amazing relationship.

My oldest sister is ten years older than me and we’re closer than the rest of my siblings. (I’m the youngest of 9).

My youngest is 2 oldest 11 and she is super close to him.

My brothers and I are 7 years apart. Never a problem and we’re all Senior Citizens now.

my niece and nephew are 5 years apart and it works out pretty well

My niece and nephew are almost 5 years apart and my nephew and his sibling will be 5 years apart.

I had a 13 year gap between my middle and youngest. The gap is up to you.

A bit late for this advice…just have one kid. Send outgrown clothes to Goodwill.

Me to had 2 children 18 months apart … then 7 years later had another 2 … so there agaes are 6,8,13,15 and I will be 35…:grin:

My 1st 2 were 7.
I have 6. The gap between oldest and youngest is 21 yrs
My youngest child and my 2nd grand r 5 weeks apart with my grand being older…if u want a baby and GOD blesses you with another the age gap is nothing

No way! I have 4 kids, 3, 5 and 6 years apart and they’re all super close! It’s how you raise em’.

No mine are 6 years apart my son loves his baby brother.

My two oldest are 10 months apart then my youngest is 5 years later that’s not a big gap my children are close

My oldest is almost 20 then I have a 8 7 6 5 and almost 2 yr old 5 years is not bad

Never too much of an age gap. My Tia had a child after her youngest was like 15 or something close to that age

My youngest daughter is 5 years younger than the second and 6 years younger than the oldest. Soo nope not too big a gap . They all grew up very close

Not at all it’s perfect actually:) My kids are almost 5years apart and my oldest helps so much with his brother

I have a boy and girl and than 5 years later had a son. They have the best relationship, wouldn’t change a thing:)

I have a 6 yrs old and 9 month old! They love each other so so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My oldest 2 are 2 years apart 24 & 22 , than we had our daughter 12 years later (10) and than our youngest is 4. They all are really close and spoil the youngest

i laughed at this (not in a nasty way) between my 1st n second there is an 8 year gap then came number 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 xxxx oldest is 24, 16, 11, 10, 7 and 6 now thats some age gap xxxxx go for it i found i had more patience the older i got good luck xxxx oh i was 43 when i had my 6 yr old xx

There’s 7 years between me and my little sister and we are so close.
There’s 4 years between my first 2 boys

My 3rd was 5 years behind his 2 sisters and 10 years between him and the next one, worked well.

I know someone with 3 children all are 10 years apart! Very happy family!

My oldest daughter is 10 now my 2nd daughter is 2. I am about due with my 3rd girl.
Don’t worry about the gap too much.

My 2 boys are 9 1/2 years apart and they get along good and for the most part , always have

It doesn’t matter the age gap but thats not even big. My oldest is 12 and youngest 3 . middle is 4. They all very close.

My kids age gap is 12 years. My oldest is 24 my baby is 12. They are close.

There is 21 years between me and my baby sister, and only 2.5 months between her and my oldest son

My sisters are 11 and 13 years younger then me and they are my best friends

There’s 5 years between me and my older brother. I dont think 5 years is too big of a gap.

We have a 13 and a 14 year old and we just had our 3rd last year and the teenagers love their sister and she loves them!

My girls are 7 years apart and they love each other

No I have 7 1/2yrs between 1 and 2 then 13 yrs between 2 and 3. My kids are now 30, 23 and 10.

I had mine 5 years apart i guess it depends on how you feel having one in school and another home or all in school at the same time mine are 27,22,18 well the last two are 4 years apart and i only have my 18 year old home

I have a 6 and a half year age gap and it’s lovely apart from feeling like you’re starting all over again xx

My kids are 9 years apart.

15 years between me and my next sibling. 18 years between me and the youngest.

not at all my 5 sones were 2 3 4 an 10 years apart an no never had a daughter but our sones were a blessing to us an were blessed with grandaughters an gransones allso now an great grandaughters an gransones now

We have a 13, 12, 7, and a 4 month old. Trust me distance in age is not a bad thing, the older ones help with the younger ones. My 13yr old is more involved with my 4 month old than he has been with any of his other siblings. :blush:

No I have 2 boys who are 1 year apart and along came there little sister 16 years later :orange_heart:

There is an 18 year difference between my oldest and youngest.

I have a 7 year gap between my children

we have four kids and the biggest age gap is 10 years

Child #1 & baby #2 will be 5yrs apart. Our son is already so attached to baby and it’s still baking on the inside :sweat_smile:

They will definitely have their moments. But I feel like they will always have a special bond

Nah :rofl::rofl: my oldest is 9 second is 7 and im pregnant with my third you just get extra help with baby since they’re older :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Whats nice about yhe age gap. Is they can help out with the baby and that will help them bond…i have a 31 year old and a 21 year old, they get along well and are still close…

My children are 10,5 & 2 and they all play with each other.

No. I’m 9 1/2 years younger than my sister who was the baby until I came along.

I’m 32 my siblings are 26, 15 and 13. 5 years isnt that big of a gap I think the kids would be fine

My eldest is 6 and my youngest is 2 and they have the cutest bond they do everything together its beautiful to watch xxx

Mine are 14 years apart, so i would have to say 5yrs isnt bad

I did it. Would highly recommend having a forth also

My children are 14 years apart

My oldest and youngest are 19 years apart lol. No gap is too big when it comes to love and family

Mine are 5 years (not by choice) they have always gotten along 27 & 22 this fall! Best friends!! :two_hearts:

My middle and youngest daughter are 5 years apart and are best friends now 36 and 31

My girls are 7years apart and wouldn’t have it any other way​:heart::heart:

My kids are 7 and a half years apart.

My sister is 16 years older than me. We are the best of friends. Never too late❤️

My 2 girls are 9 yrs apart and they get along fine and my son is 3yrs apart from one sister and 12 yrs apart from the other sister and all 3 get along just fine

My youngest and oldest are 13 1/2 years apart.

My oldest just turned 13, my middle son will be 7 in August and I’m due with my 3rd any day now. Lol

no. ours are 7 apart and it is AMAZING :clap:

I have a 6yr gap between my 2nd and 3rd. All happy here

Mine are almost 6 years apart. And it works ok. There 5 and almost 12 now. And now it’s getting harder more though. Becuase my younger one wants big sister to play and she wants alone time so they fight. But it’s still a good age difference.

Me and my sister are 10 years apart and we are really close

My daughter has 3 children and each one is 5 years apart.

There is 2 years 2 months between #1 and #2. Im 38+5 with number #3. So between #2 and #3 will be 5 years 1 month

My son and daughter are 13 years apart

My kids are 10 years apart.

My kids are 5.5 years apart and it’s pretty amazing.

Mine have 8 ys gap, everything was perfect. Do not worry of anything and stop overthinking, go onwhen you are ready👍

16 /13 years between my oldest two and newborn…

My children are 36, 29, & 15. There is a 21 year age gap between the oldest and youngest.

There’s a 16 year gap between my sister and I lol. Your kids will love the baby! And you’ll find a way to make it work. :heart:

I have one daughter who kids are 4, 3, 1 and a newborn. Why too close together.

Not really I have one thats 17 one that’s 5 and a 6month old

Not at all. My oldest is 16, my middle is 13 and my youngest is 1.

My oldest is 13. My second is 7.5 months…

Longer you wait the more of a gap there will be. Just do it.

My boyfriends oldest will be 9 in July and our youngest is 3 next month. They are the closest out of all 4 of our kids. They are 8, 6, 3 and 2.

My best friend has 5 kids twins 19, 18, 4, 1 and she loves it another friend 18 and one due in August. Me I was smart I stopped at 1 lol

I have a 12 year age gap. It’s a non issue.

If this is even a question for you , you definitely don’t need a third child :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have a 10 year gap between my 3rd and 4th. It was a shock to the system at first but so much easier having older kids and a newborn

All 4 of my kids are 4years apart in age(43, 36, 31 & 27)

Mine have a 5 and a half year gap and it’s perfect x

No i have 3 year gap between 2 of my kids and now a 13 yr gap hes now 10 months and my oldest is 17 next month lol

I have a 15yr old and 2yr old! And it works