Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful?

I had
C-section
Natural
C-section and tubes tied
There was a little difference in the healing time for me but the pain was about the same

My daughter had her tubes tied in her 5th csection, she said no difference BUT she regrets it her periods are so so painful heavy and all over the calendar but painful :persevere::sob: so, but weā€™re all different :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I had c sections 2 times and tubes cut and tied on the last one I did not have any different pain than the normal pain the first couple of days just take the 6 weeks to fully heal as far as driving or lifting heavy things

I had 2 csections and my tubes tied with the second. I had a much easier time with that one than my 1st. I think it depends on the person though.

I had both when my son was born. It was not anymore painful. I had a c section my twins and then when I had my son the same way, they tied my tubes( actually they burned them). No different

The doctor laughed when i got more excited over my tubes being tied than the birth of my 4th child.

3 Likes

I had my tunes tied and burned during my second c section. I think my recovery time was faster and I didnā€™t have as much bleeding with the second one

Nope! I was up and moving in less then 12 hrs!

I had mine done during my 3rd c section and honestly my periods were never the same. It got so bad I had my womb removed to stop the bleeding. On the plus, I havenā€™t had a period for the past 9 years.

No but I recommend looking into your partner getting a vasectomy . There are side effects to getting a tubal ligation that are not talked about enough and it is by far not the most reliable source of birth control either .
1 in 300 still get pregnant .
I personally went into early menopause which is a fairly common side effect
So donā€™t think there are not possible issues there are and I wish personally Iā€™d gone into it more informed

2 Likes

Nothings any different besides the length of the surgery may last longer.

I had mine done with c section number 2. I felt no difference between the 2.

My experience was that there was no difference in pain or recovery - best decision ever, after having 4 Boys!!

1 Like

I had a c section with my first and second. Second got my tubes tied. I was up and showering by myself with my second. When i had my first i had to have help to even get in the shower. Maybe second was easier because i knew what to expect or maybe because i was dead down there lol but second was for sure easier and that was with tubes tied.

Yes be prepared it was very painful stomache full of gas was horrendous.

I had mine done with 2nd C section no difference from the first.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful? - Mamas Uncut

I had mine done 3 years ago and the pain wasnā€™t worse at all. Iā€™ve had 3 sections and I recovered quicker on the third after being sterilised also. Xx

1 Like

I had 2 sections, tubes tied on the second, didnā€™t feel any different. Obviously takes a bit longer as they get baby out first but recovery was the same. X

Pain wasnā€™t any worse when I had this done 10yrs ago, although my tubes were cut.
However I since have been diagnosed with endometriosis that I didnā€™t have before

Get it done while having csection. Less painful Iā€™m sure. I had mine done after I had csection and I wish I had just done it while getting my last csection.

I had 2 c-sections. Had my tubes tied during my second one. My recovery was much easier the second time. I dont understand how but it was.

I had mine done at the same time. I donā€™t think the pain & recovery were any worse. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I had mine done during my second c section and it fucked my hormones up so badly. I would never recommend getting it done to anyone.

I had mine done 3 years ago and found it only a few more minutes longer than without been tied and the recovery no different

I had it done at the same time, and had no problems. The procedure will take longer and when they are tying your tubes you will feel pushed on but itā€™s worth it.

nope no difference in pain level I had 3 kids by c- sectionand had tubal ligation right after my third was born

Following as Iā€™m going in for my 3rd section in 5 weeks and serelised at same time xx

I had mine done. Why have additional surgery.

It was like having a normal c-section. You are just in the OR a little longer due to the extra work they need to do.

Yes for me it was horrible

Same as c- section .I had 3 c- sections and tubes tied on the last one . My last one was the fastest recovery .

Iā€™ve had 2 sections and on the second one I had my tubes tied and also a fibroid removed and if Iā€™m honest I had more pain with my first section than my second, and recovered quicker with my second. Hope this helps. X

Had a crash in 2017 , elective with tubes may 2021 , recovery much better , no more period pains , bleed the same as before

No, way better than separate

I was sterilised with my last section and it was no different at all for me.

With my tubes being tied the second C-section I had it definitely was a little more downtime I was a little more sore but not like a huge huge difference but Iā€™d rather get it all done it once then two procedures

I had mine done a long time ago and have had no problems at all just the same recovery time as the first c section.i had x

1 Like

My first c section I had my tubes tied. 5 1/2 months later I was pregnant with my youngest. I had to have a c section again, tied them again. She will be 21 in October but both times wasnā€™t bad.

No, I didnt feel any different. Recovery time was the same as the first two.

2 Likes

Now my cramps for my monthly are a lot more intense since Iā€™ve had it done !

No it wasnā€™t I had mine tied after my 3rd C-section. I recommend doing it this way 2 surgeries in 1. didnā€™t prolong healing and didnā€™t hurt anymore than having the C-section itself.

I had 3 C-sections and after was worse for me, periods heavier. Was tied n burnt. :expressionless:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t find it to be anymore painful. I had an emergency c-section with my son and planned c-section/tubes tied with my daughter. All depends how well you handle any pain. I personally didnā€™t take any pain meds and was just fine.

Had mine done with my youngest no problems

Iā€™ve had 3 c-sections. It only took them a couple mins to tie/burn tubes. Recovery/pain was the same. Only difference was my periods became way more heavier and painful. After now 6yrs later itā€™s starting to not be so bad.

No difference, they do it while you are open from surgery.

1 Like

I had mine cut and part removed at the same time as my second section. I recovered around the same time as I did with my first. This was 16 years ago xx

I had a natural birth and went back 6 weeks later for the tubal and that was the worst pain. Iā€™d give birth natural again over the pain later.

1 Like

I had mine done but it was my first csection so canā€™t compare. But Iā€™m glad I had it done. X

I had it done and the recovery wasnā€™t any different than my other csection. I didnā€™t even notice they were gone

I just had my 3rd c-section and got my tubes tied and the recovery was about the same for me this time. No difference as far as pain

Two c-sections the last one had mine cut tied and burnt. Recovery is not bad at all as long as you have the will to get up and walk and walk and walk as much as possible. I was out of the hospital the second day. Waking plays a huge part in it. My periods however they are horrible since.

It at all! I had mine done with s c section.

Had 3 c sections and got tubes tied during my 3 rd didnā€™t find any difference pain wise tbh x

Not at all best decision of my life!

I had my tubes tied during my 3rd c section. I had lots of scar tissue and it took an hour. I was quite poorly afterwards, bruised badly and in quite a bit of pain. I think it really just depends on the person but I donā€™t regret it.

I only had the C-Section and my recovery wasnā€™t to bad. But thank heavens my parents were there to help me.

Mine done at same time. No extra pain. My menstrual cycle got so bad after, to where I had to eventually have an ablation done.

My recovery was faster when I had my last son. I have 6 kids and all were C-sectionā€¦I had my tubes removed with my last one.

I had mine with a natural birth and it was the worst pain ever. I have a high pain tolerance

I had my tubes tied during my csection 3 days ago and i feel like im more in pain

Sterilised at the age of 23 after 6 month of natural birth to my second, 1st was c section, donā€™t remember much of the pain afterwards think I was more crampy for a couple days

For me personally it was horribleā€¦I ended up having complications needed oxygen and spent 8 hours in recovery coz my blood pressure kept dropping and oxygen levels bled alot moreā€¦After I was black and blue ā€¦Iā€™ve had 3 sections and that had got to be my worse one by far

Better than having two separate surgeries.

3 Likes

I have two c section and tubes tied on the second one and the pain wasnā€™t as bad as the first one

2 Likes

No difference in two c-sections with tubal on last one!I certainly wouldnā€™t want another surgery! Glad you can have done at same time!

1 Like

Took longer, slightly more painful after but nothing too different.

1 Like

I had mine done on my 4th and final section. The recovery was longer and more painful. My periods are way worse! They last 9-10 days and are very heavy.

Yes it is more painful, I personally believe it may lead to more complications or ā€œside effectsā€. I just never heard of anyone doing it as a solo procedure have anywhere near the pain levels. I had mine done together, doctors swore up and down there were no side affects and no increase of pain levels. Then I am in agony in the hospital, and half the nurses made comments about it hurting more because of the tubal. My first was an emergency csection after a really long labor, and I was completely unprepared for how much pain my planned caesarean was.

Iā€™ve had 3 sections and tubes tied on my last one and honestly didnā€™t notice a difference, and I didnā€™t notice that the actual surgery took any longer than the first two

No I had 3 c sections.b4 my 4 th wit tubal n every time was about the same.recovery same pain n time to heal.

I had my tubes clipped, burnt, and tiedā€¦3 yrs later i have a almost precious 4yr old come Octoberā€¦The night i went in with him I had a emergency c-section cause he wasnā€™t breathing and cord wrapped around his throat

You wont feel nothing but your incision area a little pain when you get up and downā€¦tubes tied no pain at all

1 Like

mine was the same, had 3 total

1 Like

I had 3 c_-sections then my tubes tied .
Bc the last c-section was horrible pain .
An I got my tubes tied a yr later.
Worst pain ever they cut bikini cut ALL 4 TIMES!

Iā€™ve had 3 csections n 3rd had my tubes tiedā€¦no difference in pain. I didnā€™t even get the pain medication script filled n was riding bike a mile within 2 weeks

Tubes tied no pain ā€¦You will still feel the c-section tenderness and soarness but everyone is differentā€¦cramp pain and period might change to heavier

No different than c-section only

I had 4 c-sections and my tubes cut, singed and tied during my 3rd. The cramping after was worse but nothing ibuprofen didnā€™t handle. After our surprise 4th (tube grew back together with the help of the lesions from all my other c-sections) so I had my tubes completely removed during my last c-section. I was also told removing them helps reduce the risk of cancer later too.

Had. Both done together. The last pregancy and no more pain then the first c section. Dont want 2 surgeries

Didnt bother me anyā€¦

Iā€™ve had one w tubal and one without. The pain so no different. The actual surgery is a little bit longer ,but not much . U wonā€™t notice a difference.

You donā€™t feel tubal at all

I had a section with both kids. Tubes removed in the second. I did not notice more pain than I already was in

I had my tubes tied on my third c section and the pain was worse for me and I suffered with releasing gas for more than 24 hours, due to you being open longer your at risk of more air staying inside. But after that recovery was normal.

I had mine done the same way and I agree itā€™s better than two surgeries I did have complications but none were connected to the sterilisation

I had a c-section and tubes tied at the same time in May. Pain was manageable but otherwise everything was the same

I had one on my third section, it was really quick, saved going in for another op & no difference in pain level. It was the only section I stayed awake for & it was such a quick procedure it didnā€™t have any negative impact on seeing my little girl straight after her birth

Iā€™ve had 3 C-sections. Last one I had my tubes tied. No difference at allā˜ŗļø

No difference at all. I had 3 c sections and sterilized on the third. Tbh the third one was much better compared to the others. Iā€™d say go for it .

URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR FREEDOM of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left i and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instruction given to me. i am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationship and marital problem like mine. for help you can contact him now through his gmail [email protected] you can also contact him directly on his pageā€‹:point_down::point_down::point_down:

I want to use this medium toā€¦
I want to use this medium to testify of how i get back my Lover with the of DR FREEDOM after divorce, i and my Lover have been married for 2 years with 2 kids, we have been a happy family. Last year his behavior towards me and the kids changed, i suspected he was meeting another woman outside out marriage, any time i confronted him, he threatened to divorce me, i did all i could to make hings right but all to no avail until i saw a post on a ā€œlove and relationship forumā€ about a spell caster who helps people to cast spell on marriage and relationship issues, when i contacted this spell caster on his WhatsApp, he helped me cast a re-union spell and my Lover changed and came apologizing to me and the kids. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage issues, through his gmail [email protected] Whatsapp him through this number +2349068120306

I had one tube removed and the other clamped during my c section 9 days ago and I have never felt pain like it I was in absolute agony and still recovering nowā€¦ tips would be take what pain relief the give ya and keep well on top of it all. Take stool softeners as itā€™s like a knife passing through while going toilet if notā€¦ and rest as much as possible when u get home xx. Best of luck :heart::heart::heart:

No difference, no additional pain or recovery time.

No difference however I fell pregnant 6 years later !!! It was ectopic had to go back k in and remove everything

:blush: hey, Iā€™ve had 4 C-sections
And with my last I got my tubes tied it didnā€™t take long atall just felt like the normal routine no extra pain and healed just as quickly periods come regularly and are the same as before nothing major and painless Iā€™d suggest if you need your tubes tied for a reason then donā€™t hold back itā€™s nothing to worry about and it better getting it done at the same time rather than after and seperate that might be painful x

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

I think soā€¦I did it on my 3rd and I had an infection but mind you Iā€™m not a good patient I donā€™t listen

Same recoveryā€¦no different from 1st c section

3 Likes