Is it bad that I feel relieved that my husband left me?

So my husband has just walked out on me and my 4yo tonight; I have no idea what to do or anything! Every time we argued, he would walk out, and he never came near me for months sexually. I always thought he was having an affair but never proved it. Sorry for the long post. I feel so broken but kinda relieved. Is that bad?

130 Likes

Nope, sounds to me like this is what you wanted. Be happy mama

Best thing that could have happened honestly. Now you have a chance to find real happiness. You are relieved because you weren’t happy and he was causing you stress.its ok to greive this relationship but don’t forget that feeling of relief if he comes crawling back. You and your child deserve so much better. Good luck and congratulations on your new beginning.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it bad that I feel relieved that my husband left me? - Mamas Uncut

Nah you’re heart knew. You’ll be good and better than ever. Just stay strong when it hits you later on. You got this

9 Likes

No, it just means you need to let him go. You want it to be over, you need it to be!!!

3 Likes

Have talked to him to see what you can do to be better

13 Likes

File seperation papers its not a divorce

8 Likes

I am sorry for you. The fact that you feel relieved says to me it wasnt very happy being with him anyway. I am praying for you.you are worthy and you deserve to be happy.

4 Likes

It bothers me so much when women say he walked out on the kids? He walked out of the relationship, did you want for him to take the kids?

The fact that you feel relieved says it all. You didn’t want to be there either

1 Like

Thats how I felt after the 50th time of my ex husband walking out on us. Once you get to the point that you are relieved that he is gone, that’s when you will have and find the strength to do it on your own. You’ve got this! And if you do end up taking him back, just be cautious and maybe set money aside and stuff just in case it happens again.

7 Likes

That’s your intuition telling you there is something/someone better for you. Listen to it!

2 Likes

make it the last time. people will only treat you how you A L L O W them to treat you. Personally, I’d change the locks

10 Likes

It’s really hard having a relationship with someone whose reaction to life is flight. But if it feels like a relief it might be good to chat with a therapist about what you want

1 Like

People get tired. You are ready to be done.

6 Likes

I know exactly how you feel when my husband walked out two year ago. I felt relieved once the crying stopped. If it’s toxic it will feel like this

Move on its was best for you and your baby.

I had felt that way with my sons dad. I finally walked and now I am in a different relationship and have a daughter. I was done with back and forth

Wish my would do the same tbh

10 Likes

Sounds like your free as a bird now…

1 Like

Embrace the relief and build your happy little life without him :heart:

2 Likes

You think you don’t know what to do… but believe me you will Independence is a beautiful thing it could be great for both of you. Maybe you both just need space. If you’re allowing him to walk out every time and just come home then he is always going to do it step up now before it’s too late. Show him that you will be okay without him. Because you will be :heart:

6 Likes

He’ll be back. These are manipulative Tactics. You won’t be escaping him so easily

5 Likes

Not at all, it’s sounds like your heart wasn’t in it for a long time before it’s been final.

3 Likes

Nah dont feel bad. Throw a party and get on with enjoying your life!!

2 Likes

Change the locks & make sure he stays out permanently!!!

5 Likes

No it’s not bad, get your divorce papers filed, especially a parenting plan, my ex walked out on us then while I was at work 3 months later came and took the kids, I could do nothing except get an emergency parenting plan in place, then go across the state to get the kids back.

2 Likes

Thank god he gone…he leave space for someone better…god will bring d best companion for u

2 Likes

No, but make it permanent this time and don’t let him come back.

7 Likes

No, it’s not bad for you to feel like that. You’re body/mind is stressed TF out, and relieved that the trash took itself out.

Yeah. If he’s not coming back you finally have closure and can exhale. You know what’s ahead because YOU alone control your future now. You’ll have good days and bad days, but there will be more and more good days the longer you are away from this childish, selfish person. Focus on yourself and your offspring and enjoy your life. You’re not walking on eggshells anymore, so hold your head high and walk confidently into your future!

4 Likes

No if your relieved then you should move on , if he tries to come back then sit down with him and tell him how you feel

2 Likes

I have felt that relief before just don’t look back. This is your body communicating with you.

4 Likes

Nope means you left at the right time

1 Like

File for divorce Monday morning, get a parenting plan in place so he can’t take y’all’s child from you and take off (happens more than you’d realize and if he does it’s a pain to get them back)

1 Like

Sounds like a blessing :heart:

2 Likes

He’ll come back just like nothing happened. Don’t let him back in. He wanted to go so hopefully the door will hit him in the behind on the way out.

1 Like

No. Get some counseling so you can move forward with your life. Blessings, prayers and peace

3 Likes

Sounds like you feel their is a weight off your shoulders and you hope he doesn’t come back. But you don’t need to let him back. You can say No. X

2 Likes

Not bad at all!! Sounds like this was a long time coming and there’s a big part of you that recognized that before it happened. Look into counseling. Take care of you and your little and focus on healing and moving forward. There is absolutely nothing wrong with relief over the end of a relationship that was negative or toxic. Sending best wishes for you!!

1 Like

:raised_hands:t2::ok_hand:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: glad you’re free no go get a custody agreement and child support from that loser and start a new better life

2 Likes

Most times when they do that they are cheating. Keep moving forward u don’t need him.

2 Likes

Haha nope be happy and live your life :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

throw a bbq in his honor! i changed my fb status to widowed for many years the same night and i have felt like a happy one ever since!

3 Likes

Guess we know who the Adult is there. :+1:

1 Like

I was so happy when my ex. walked out about 38 years ago. Scared at first. A little sad at first. A few days later! I was smiling again, laughing again. So happy when I got home from work. Sometimes it was hard money wise. Never looked back. Just breathe… And smile…:blue_heart::orange_heart:

2 Likes

Nope woman! That’s a sign— lean into that feeling of relief and move on :blush:

1 Like

just relax and enjoy it. he most like;y he will be back, but lock the Doors.

It sounds like you have had enough of his shit!! Girl move on! It’s hard at first but it gets better I promise

1 Like

He walks out every time you have a disagreement? Girl he wants to leave. File for divorce and call it a blessing

3 Likes

Get divorce and enjoy the rest of your life

3 Likes

The relief you feel is a sign. A sign that the marriage was over and he was draining you in ever way. Grieve the loss of your marriage but remember your worth. That man didn’t deserve you. Now you have a chance to find true happiness.

25 Likes

When I left my x of 28 years I felt a bit of pain but more of a feeling of relief lifted off me like nothing I had ever felt before

2 Likes

No you have a chance to make a new start. You probably have everything going for you get your ducks in a row and you will be good to go.

3 Likes

Good luck don’t keep.baggage

2 Likes

Don’t let him back in.

1 Like

Been there and done that! It’s like having a bad tooth extracted! Just don’t let him come back.

2 Likes

Feel glad & happy. If he finally leaves & never comes back. Is this what you want your child to see how marriages should be?? You would & should want him to see mommy is happy not miserable. And your child will only see this if you continue to allow your husband back in

4 Likes

Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you!
The fact that you are relieved is a very good sign. Relief also means that he could not have made you happy?..

3 Likes

It’s not bad that you feel that way. Sounds like you know this relationship is in trouble and it’s not working. Don’t take him back and move on, you deserve someone better.

2 Likes

It’s not bad. Having emotions aren’t bad. You feel broken bc now what you were used to has changed. It’s the feeling of change that we tend to feel sad/broken about. It’s fresh. Your daily routine has changed. In time you figure out a new routine that works and you begin feeling better about yourself. You can consider it a fresh start for yourself

1 Like

If he can just easily walk out on you and your child. And hasn’t approached for sex. He’s probably got a side fling…

Hes not worth you time your child’s time nor your tears hold your head up high girl an move on he doesn’t deserve you

3 Likes

If he always leave then he may come back.If your feeling this way then its time to move on.Divorce and start your new life.Any change is hard but it’s good to.When I divorced my ex of 20 years I thought I would be sad and angry or something but when he left I was happy and when the divorce went through it was like a huge weight had been lifted.I felt so different but in a good way.I could look forward to going home for once.I felt free if that makes sence…Don’t live your life in regret or just stay with him for sake of your child or even money.Its not worth it and you and your child will suffer if you stay in a marriage that isn’t happy and respected by both parents…You are a beautiful and strong woman and mother you can and will get through it.

1 Like

It’s so good you feel like this.
Best feeling to feel relieved.
It gives you a chance to start over…new beginnings.Don’t feel broken…
DON’T take him back.
He walks out when you guys argue all of the time,hardly have sex,you even have thinking he’s been having an affair.
Be GLAD he’s gone and thankful for yourself. Easier for YOU.
Do you…work on you. Forget about him.
Best thing you can do.

Not bad at all. You saw that you weren’t working out, and so you emotionally already adapted, maybe?

If you don’t mind that he left, most likely it’s because you wanted to leave as well, and may not have realized it yourself just yet.

Change your locks and focus on your happiness.

1 Like

Get your locks changed now!

Absolutely Not! God took care of your problem :heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

Please don’t take him back !

No it’s your heart telling you this what you need. Move forwards with your life now without him :blue_heart:

1 Like

You can do better. Take this chance and move forward without him!

1 Like

He probably thinks he can leave like he has before and you will still take him back, your relieved because you know it should of happened along time ago, for you and your sons sake don’t take him back, move on with your life, you deserve so much more, do you have family to help you, go see a attorney to start divorce proceedings and change the lock and don’t let him back in.

3 Likes

Lock the door!!! No vacancy!!!

1 Like

He left you, not your child. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being relelieved. Sounds like your relationship was toxic and done with. Learn how to co parent maturely and move on with your life with someone who can treasure you like you deserve!

Your relief tells you , you’ve had enough. Now will he come back, do you want him too? It appears the arguments and in and out are real tensions. Counseling if you can both agree It’s not good for your child either. They need consistency, not arguments it abandonment

1 Like

Don’t let him come back

1 Like

No it’s not bad. Your relieved. It will be hard for alittle bit, but you will be better off.

Being relieved sounds like you’re over the drama and done. Lock the door and call it over

2 Likes

No. If you’re always under stress or dealing with his crap is exhausting it makes sense.

1 Like

Learn to appreciate yourself and you have a 4 yr old who needs a strong mom you have this youll.be ok!

Simple…Change the damn locks. Now he can’t keep walking out on you causing-stress that you don’t need. P.s pack his stuff in a box…leave outside your door.

1 Like

Wen my ex left me I felt a huge weight lift off of me. I was smiling and laughing that same night. But he also made me lose everything I had but since he left I have came so far. I wouldn’t have anything if he wouldn’t of left

1 Like

No it’s good. You know in your heart is over, and that’s a good thing, you are ready for it to be over and your feelings of relief will to help you move forward easier. All the best to you.

4 Likes

First of all, change the locks, then take it one day at a time. Talk to attorney to know your rights. Don’t make any quick decisions. Do you live in a house or apartment? Can you afford to stay there? You have a lot of decisions and things to figure out for yourself and son.

3 Likes

I’d say it is normal… When you’re done, you’re done. But be done and don’t take him back. If that’s what you want.

3 Likes

It’s called life just move like he did, simple

1 Like

yes u can feel relieved but time to move on and b happy

No! You feel what you feel! There is no wrong or right.

No it isn’t bad. You are allowed to feel how you feel. That’s ok. You probably should have left him years ago

Relief, a heavy burden has lifted off your chest. Let it go

Trust that feeling of relief.

It’s not bad. It all depends on the bond between you both. Each relationship is different. You’ll feel better, in time to come, if this is exactly what you wanted. Cheera and Take care

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it bad that I feel relieved that my husband left me? - Mamas Uncut

I was relieved when my ex left. We have been together for 11 years and had 3 kids. But he cheated on me multiple times and was controlling and abusive so I was happy to get away from him.

1 Like

When a weight is lifted off of a person, relief is always felt

Nah. I was relieved too when mine left. We tired to work on our marriage but then I started hoping he’d cheat again to give me a reason to file. Sounds stupid I know but whatever. I was so calm when he left. No more walking on egg shells all the time. No more name calling, no more being yelled at.

1 Like

The fact that you feel relieved tells you that you will be better off for it, eventually. It will hurt now because it’s fresh and it’s big. But it will be better for you and you already know it :heart:

1 Like

Nope. I thought it was when mine left myself, our almost 2 year old and our dogs. 5years later, best thing for us! :blue_heart:

If when he left you felt relief, then it was time for things to end. That doesn’t make you a bad person. You have just grown and moved past that relationship before it was officially ended, which is not a bad thing either. Everyone grows and some just grow apart cause they want different things in or out of life.

This may be a long post…here goes…I was married for 23 years with 2 sons 17 & 10. I was devastated when he left… but eventually I came out of the fog and raised my 2 sons who have become wonderful men. My mom told me be glad he left when he did and not later in life…I purchased a home live a for the most part stress free, being married to him was always walking on egg shells. I can look back and honestly say I never mattered to him, I always had good jobs that provided the family with health care. He is still living with the woman he left us for and has nothing to do with his grown sons or his grandchildren. I feel sorry for him. Keep your head looking up, realize you are a strong woman and can do anything you set your mind to do!! Move on with your life…there is a whole fabulous life waiting for you snd your child!!!

5 Likes