Is it normal that my 9 month old still doesn't have any teeth?

My daughter is 9.5 months, and she still has a gummy bear smile and no signs of teething anytime soon. Is that normal? I did breastfeed my daughter for the first seven months, and now she’s formula-fed. Is that gonna make any delay? Getting taunts by sister in law and husband’s brother that teething delay is just because I stopped breastfeeding my poor baby.

25 Likes

My second didn’t get teeth until 11 months and he was EBF.

My son didn’t even pop his first tooth out until right before his 1st birthday. Got a healthy mouth of teeth now and hes 4. Perfectly normal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daughter breastfed until she was 3.5 years old. She was 19 months old when she got her 1st tooth.

My little girl didn’t get teeth until she was a week away from turning one :see_no_evil: I kept asking the hv if there was a problem but apparently its normal for them to come late I still weened her etc at 6 months x

1 Like

Mine were over a year old. Their baby teeth and adult teeth usually last longer. Make sure and clean the gums several times daily.

1 Like

My 10 month old she is my second has only 1 tooth, perfectly normal

That is NOT why baby doesn’t have teeth yet. Don’t let them guilt trip you for having stopped breastfeeding. I didn’t produce enough so baby was half and half for a while and then formula fed. Teeth came in at 6 months…every kid is different

My niece was 1 and she was ebf. My daughter was almost 1 and she was formula fed. That’s not the reason at all!

My son is 10 months and still doesn’t have any either.:sweat_smile:

My oldest was abput 11 months… now hes almost 8 and has yet to lose any baby teeth so far… ive always heard the longer they take to come in the longer theyll last lol

My daughter got her first right before 10 months.

I breast fed my son for 7 months and switched to formula and he has 8 teeth at 10 almost 11 months old.

Lol my boy will be 10 months old in 2 weeks n still nothing lol. Ebf and blw starting at 6 month. My two older daughters had teeth by 4 and 6 months. Cant really ever compare one child to the next. All are thriving and dr say doing excellent so just keep up with their check ups and should be nothing to worry about lol.

No, she needs veneers.

2 Likes

My oldest was 1 week from his first birthday until he got his first tooth Well he cut both his top teeth first I was feeding him and felt a click with the spoon.

My little one didn’t get her first tooth until she was 18 months and now she has a beautiful set. :star_struck:

2 Likes

My son cut his first tooth the day after his 1st birthday! Then within 2 weeks he had 4 coming through :slightly_smiling_face: I wouldn’t worry!

Their teeth will come when ready. Promise :wink:

Each baby is going grow differently than another one. Don’t let anyone tell you that you are doing something wrong.

1 Like

My first didn’t get her first till she was 1, she was bottle fed from the start, my second was too and got his at 6months old… :woman_shrugging: they get teeth when they get teeth, don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

Breastfeeding or not has absolutely nothing to do with when your baby’s teeth will come in. Your baby is perfectly normal not having teeth at this age :slightly_smiling_face:

My daughter didn’t grow her first tooth til she was almost 15 months. Dentist said she’d get them late, lose them late. And she’s now 12 and still has 9 baby teeth.

My son didn’t get his first tooth until 11.5 months he’s 2.5 now and just getting his last 4 eye teeth
Also EBF so no switching to formula isn’t the reason :slightly_smiling_face:
Also it’s better for there to teeth to come late, it helps them have stronger enamel

My daughters 9months still no teeth aswel x

Both my girls were 11 months, their baby teeth did last alot longer, my oldest was 14 when she lost her last baby tooth

I’m ebf my youngest. He got 2 bottom teeth at 4 months. And and a top at 5/6 months . Each baby is different.

My oldest didn’t have any teeth until just after she turned one. My youngest has several teeth at 10 months old. :woman_shrugging:

I never breastfed and my daughter has all her teeth. Don’t worry mom. I think I actually even heard the term maybe healthier the longer they take to come out. But I could be making that up, having toddler mom brain and being distracted whenever trying to read anything. :joy:

My first 2 kids (now 4 and 3) had 5-7 teeth by 9 months. My third born, 9.5 months has half a tooth. Lol. It looks so funny to me!
Every baby grows differently!

I only breast fed for the first 6 weeks with both my boys. They wouldnt latch and I had to pump and it just wasnt right for us. They both teethed early. It will happen. Some kids are just late teethers. My sister in law breast feed both her boys. First for almost 14 months. Second for almost 13. And the second got his first tooth around 10 months old. Every kids different

No…it has nothing to do with breast feeding…my son didn’t get any teeth till he was one…they were there under gums…just didn’t come up… don’t worry…
Don’t compare…tell people they will come when they come…and they are stupid

My son didn’t get his first tooth until after his 1st birthday :slight_smile: I breastfed so it was a blessing lol

1 Like

Baby’s get there teeth at different times.my youngest son was 3months old when he cut his first tooth.
My eldest son was 12months old when he cut his.
My daughter was 7months when she cut her first tooth.

1 Like

My oldest didn’t cut any teeth til she was 13 mos. then she got her two top and two bottom front at the same time. Feeding has nothing to do with it…each child is different

Goodness . Don’t pay any attention to you BIL and SIL . Breastfeeding has NOTHING to do with teeth coming in ! Some babies teeth come in early and on time and some come later and often come in mostly at once ! Please don’t let anyone make you feel bad .

My son was 4 months but my 3 daughters was all 6 months

I was 15 mths old when I got my first tooth…

Each baby is different my oldest didn’t get his first 2 teeth until 11 months my middle was around 10 mo.ths my youngest oh that boy got his first 2 at 6 months and 4 top at the same time at 9 months hl be 10 months this month. So don’t worry they’ll come in when they are ready!!!

Never breastfed my baby got his at 5 months
My friends baby got hers at 15 months, she breastfed for the whole first year.
EACH BABY IS DIFFERENT.

I only had one successful latch with my first and then we switched to formula and she started getting teeth at 6 months. My second and youngest i was able to breastfeed (she’s one and we still are) and she started getting hers at 4months. You could see them through her gums then they just randomly stopped trying to come through until 6 months and she got 4 at once. She now has 8 with more coming through. Every kid is different and how you feed them won’t affect how or when their little fangs come through.

It has nothing to do with breast feeding. My ex husband baby didn’t start getting her teeth until it seemed like almost a yr old. Then it was like she had a new tooth every other day

All babies are different my daughter was formula fed and she got her first tooth by 4 months.

My boy didn’t get his first tooth til 11 months

Umm kids get teeth when they get teeth it has nothing to do with BF/Formula feeding, my son didn’t get his first till after a year old. It just happens sometimes

18 Likes

My son didn’t have any teeth for about 8 months and then they all basically came in at once lol so all kids are different. I wouldn’t be worried.

my grandson was like that and his dr said have you ever seen a kid with dentures

No worries…every child is different.

Not one of my 5 kids had teeth until 12 months…one was 13 months.

My nephew was 1 before he started getting his teeth, and they all grew in soo quickly…I thought it was pretty cool/crazy…

Hang in there. My daughter was gummy until her first tooth at 19 months old.

Breast feeding has nothing to do with when their teeth come in,they will come when they r ready… every kid is different,I have 5 kids and one my first started teething at 3 months and one of my sons didn’t get his first tooth until he was almost 11 months then they all came in back to back…some kids are born with teeth and some dont get them until after a year old …dont worry mama and dont let people make u feel like u did something wrong

1 Like

I was told longer it takes better teeth will be

They will get them when they come in. Ya cant rush teeth

My daughter didn’t have any teeth until after her first birthday, 13months was her first tooth.
It really isn’t anything to worry about. Family member’s comments are the only thing that’s bothersome but teeth will eventually come for sure.

Neither me or my daughter got teeth until after a year old

One of my boys popped a tooth at 4 months. Was rough. Then my second son had zero teeth in his 1st birthday pictures. My other 2 were all over the place. In my experience the later they get their baby teeth, the longer they keep them.

Neither of my kids were breast fed. One had a tooth by 4.5 months and one didn’t have any until he was nearly a year old. Your relatives are idiots.

2 Likes

My daughter didnt get her first until a year. Some kids get teeth after others that’s all

I never breastfed either of my children at all and they both had teeth by 4 mnths. The teeth come through when they come through…nothing to do with how they’re fed.

I wasn’t able to breastfeed, but my daughter got her first tooth at 5 months

My son got his around 18 months

Ummm… are they serious? When they get teeth has absolutely nothing to do with how they were fed. Ridiculous. I would set them straight now or they are going to make you nuts!!!

My sons first tooth just came at 14 months. Totally normal

Every kid is different. Some dont get any until 15 months old or later

First daughter was 9 months before she got any and two came up at once.
Second daughter is currently 11 months on the 2nd and still not even a white patch yet 🤦

1 Like

The longer it takes to cut the teeth the stronger the teeth will be

Yup. My son was like… ten or eleven months and then he was getting 5 at a time.

My oldest didn’t get teeth until 13 months

I breast fed my child for all of 4 DAYS. Let your in-laws know they need to educate themselves a little more before coming at you for that! My child has ALL but her last set of molars by age 1. Those last four molars are the only ones fighting her to come in! She’s 2 now and we still haven’t got them in!

1 - don’t believe the sister in-law and brother (my boys were 100% formula fed and 5 months they were teething, they are full of crap!)
2 - I was told by a dentist the later their teeth come in the better!
Never hurts to ask questions, don’t let other people make you think you did the wrong thing. Baby is fed and that’s what’s best!

My son (1st) had all his teeth by 10 months, my daughter (2nd) only had 4 teeth at 1… they will come in when they come in. My third screamed 24/7 when she was teething. My fourth just woke up with teeth.

My son was never breastfed and got his first tooth at 13.5 months and then got them all very quickly.

Breastfeeding doesn’t make teeth come in quicker :joy:.

All 3 of my boys have got their teeth at different stages. My 12 month old was born with 2 teeth. . They fell out … now at 12 months old there is finally 2 teeth coming through !

1 Like

My youngest was 14 months old before she had teeth, and my oldest was 10 month sold with all her teeth…don’t sweat it, nothing to do with bottle/breastfeeding!

My son was 11 months before he got one

My daughter was 18 months before she got her 1st tooth and she was bottle fed .she is 16 years old now and she still has baby teeth to loose so dont be worrying. Enjoy your beautiful baby they grow up so fast

Mine got her first at 10 months

Ppl are dumb :woman_facepalming: my first son got teeth at 7 months and my second son was 13 months before he got teeth

Totally normal! Every baby is different.

My sons first tooth came through the day he turned 11 months old. He was breastfed a year. No worries.

Define normal please?

Are babies suposed to have a fullset of teeth before 6 months?

You did what was right for You and your child. Shame on Family for making You question yourself.

1 Like

My daughter didn’t get her first tooth until she was 12 months old

Breastfeeding and formula have nothing to do with when they get teeth. Ignore their ignorance. I’ve had breastfed babies and formula fed babies. I think its heritary. All my children got teeth around a year old. 6 living 1 angel.

All babies are different! It has absolutely nothing to do with how the baby is fed. That is ridiculous.

They will probably end up getting all of them at once. Its gonna suck for a few days but it will be done and over with all at once. There’s no issue unless the Dr. Expresses concern

My son didn’t get his first tooth til almost a year and the pediatrician said that while it wasn’t super common, it was perfectly normal. He’s now 21 months and they just keep coming in🙂.

My baby’s been formula fed since birth and started getting 2 teeth in at 2 months old each kid is different they will come in when they are ready it def has nothing to do with bf/formula fed

Pfft. My sister breast fed for well over a year and her youngest didn’t have any teeth until she was 14 months old. Then they all came in at once.

Totally normal. My daughter didn’t get her first tooth until around 13 months

BRO I read it wrong as 9 years instead of 9 months!

Every baby is different, Your baby is perfect the way she is and will get her pearly whites when her body is ready

My son didnt get teeth until he was 11 months!

Every kid is different …

My daughter didn’t get her first 2 teeth until she was 11 months and then it was 5 months after that she popped anymore through. If you are concerned, talk to your pediatrician.

A pediatrician once told me: consults for dentures are extremely rare for babies. She was being funny and blunt. It was the best and funniest thing. Basically her point was no one cares. They will grow when they grow.

3 Likes

my daughter didn’t get a tooth till over a year old

My middle 2 children didn’t get their 1st tooth until the were 1 year old. The pediatrician and dentist said its not super common but perfectly fine. They did the x-rays to make sure the teeth were there and healthy and then all of a sudden they got a mouth full of teeth almost over night.