Is it normal that my baby sleeps all day and stays up all night?

Hey mamas I’m a FTM and my one month old sleeps all day but is woke all night. Is that normal? Does she have her days and nights mixed up? If so how do I fix it.

21 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/is-it-normal-that-my-baby-sleeps-all-day-and-stays-up-all-night/20216

Yes my son had his days and nights mixed up for almost 6 months… Good luck mama

My 5 day old baby does this too

Yes, it is unfortunate but he will learn his hours

3 Likes

My 5 year old is still like this, God bless you momma

2 Likes

Try a bath at night instead of the day hope it helps

2 Likes

I’am making over $180 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 16985 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://jobworld171.pages.dev/

Yes it’s normal! Now it’s your job to change that

4 Likes

Yes it is very normal! Just follow babies lead, and it will all play out its own way.

4 Likes

Normal and every baby goes through it! Start keeping it noisy and bright during the day, take him outside in the shade for short periods of time, and at night keep it dark and quiet! Most newborns (0-3months old) sleep often though during the day and night. Around 4-5 months is when sleep regressions begin, and most kids don’t sleep through the night until they are well into toddler hood, sometimes older. Just find a schedule that works for you momma :heart:

1 Like

Definitely sounds that way. Try keep him awake longer during the day…maybe half an hour…how ever long he’ll let you. Do this making the awake time longer. But do put a nap or two in. It’s not gonna change overnight. Be patient

2 Likes

I went through that too. Had to slowly try to keep them awake throughout the day

1 Like

Getting there nights and days mixed up…

She has her days and nights mixed up. I used to do all the housework, music on etc while my daughter was napping in the day time to establish the difference when she went down for the night and would be silent. Keeping curtains open in the day time opposed to having them closed at night etc. Try implanting a night routine, bath, low lighting etc.

3 Likes

You gotta try and keep him awake during the day. Obviously they need a lot of sleep being so young so they’ll still sleep most of the day away but should be up but they’ll slowly start learning the hours they’re meant to sleep.

Sadly mine still resets to this setting and is now 16. I found it easiest to put them to bed at midnight or ten and then try to keep them active during the day. They often trashed it by falling asleep at three pm and napping for several hours but keep with it.

1 Like

It’s just something that’s going to have to fix itself you can’t sleep train a one month old. Hang in there mama

1 Like

All My babies even in the belly would sleep all day and be up all night. It’s like they had their days and nights mixed up even in the womb.

1 Like

Regardless of all the sleep training I had as an infant and toddler, I’m still this way in adulthood.

3 Likes

Yep… normal. You daughter did this for a while.

Gotta work at it. It’ll take time trying to keep the baby up longer and longer each time

2 Likes

When my son was about 4 months old, he woke up at like 10 pm to start his day and was awake all night. Then slept all day. It was AWFUL. I felt like a zombie.

It didn’t last too long, my doctor said it’s just a phase some babies go through.

No matter what I did, nothing helped. I tried everything. I just waited it out and it got better.

Good luck I hope you find something that helps!

2 Likes

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18977 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob2320.pages.dev/

All babies go through that, start following takingcarababies on Instagram, she’s a great infant sleep consultant with wonderful tips.

1 Like

Yes it’s normal. Most babies have their nights and days mixed up. It can take up to 6 months for baby to adjust. Some take less time to adjust. The reason why babies have nights and days mixed up is due to their circadian rhythms not being mature yet. They just need time for their sleep related hormones to stabilize.

Also stop putting baby in a dark area during daytime hours if you are and you don’t need to be quiet either during daytime hours as baby is sleeping. Only keep rooms dark and quiet at nighttime.

3 Likes

Gotta work on “sleep training” from the beginning. Dark and quiet after 7pm. Bright and loud after 7am. Don’t have house all quiet and dark during day time naps. I was laughed at when I told people my baby will sleep through the night, and here I am 15 months strong and she has slept like a champ(8-8)since she was 2-3 weeks old. I had to dream feed and change her. It takes time and effort. Start by having it loud and bright during the day when she sleeps.

1 Like

God I know your pain my son who’s 31 now did that it exhausted me until I could get him to change

I’am making over $145 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19722 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs964.pages.dev/

It happens absolutely. My daughter turns 4 in 1 week and she still does this. We tired sleep training, everything. Nothing worked and she will still flip her sleep. She would be ok for maybe 1 week and completely flip. She is extremely sensitive to schedule disruption of any kind. It can be very hard on you but hang in and hopefully it will get easier.

Did 8 months of that with my daughter took shifts with my partner I did up until midnight and she did until morning so I could go to work … it was hell