Is it odd that my MIL has this photo on her wall?

You are entitled to those feelings. They are also normal. But you should work on understanding that was his past and you and his kids are his future :blush: there was beauty in him and his ex creating those children that I think you also care about. in my opinion it is a little disrespectful since you’re not also in the photo though. I could totally understand u feeling left out or maybe even a little jealous because of that. I would think others that know the family would be thinking where’s new wife?

2 Likes

That’s still her kid and her grandkids :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

My ex MIL had mine n my ex pic of us just two. After we broke up n he brought his new girl she never took it off. ( we also have 3 kids together) The girl would get mad af n the mom would always say “it’s my house, I can have whatever I want” I hated that she had it too but at the end of the day it was her house n her pic too.

1 Like

If it was just a random girlfriend yes it would be weird. But since children are involved and that was his wife once… I would say no its not.

2 Likes

no i dont its history

1 Like

I think it’s rude.

Ask her why.

Maybe you guys don’t have a new family picture yet?

1 Like

No my husbands family still have pictures of him, his ex and there daughter on there wall. We have kids together and they have us up on the wall as well. Maybe they where close to her and it’s there grandchildren and there mother.

4 Likes

Jealous of much she the mother of ber grandchildren

1 Like

Nope a lot do …but if she had respect for you she would move it

Not inappropriate at all. They are still blood family.

4 Likes

Crop her out and Photoshop you in :grinning:

2 Likes

It has the kids in it get over it he has a past

6 Likes

It would be weird if it was the two of them ,but since its with their children regardless if you’re the bew wife those are stilk her grandchildrens parents.

3 Likes

No just because she’s not married to him anymore doesn’t mean she’s not family.

5 Likes

Sometimes it’s simply because they made a bond that wasnt broken the same way it was with them as a couple. It could also be they love them for giving them a grandbaby, or for the grandchildren to note that there is no animosity. It’s called being grown. Maybe they truly don’t think it’s bothering anyone and at one point in time they loved her like their own. 🤷

4 Likes

No. They’re still her grandkids and hes still her son.

Nah no biggie. That’s like being upset my mom kept all my old Homecoming pictures just because my ex is in them.

1 Like

Not if the kids in the pic are her grandkids. I wouldn’t be bothered if she just really liked the picture of her son amd grandkids in it.

She is the mother of her grandchildren. She wouldn’t have them if it wasn’t for his ex wife. If anything I think it’s lovely 🤷

3 Likes

I dont think anything wrong with it…she is the mother of his children her grandchildren…its just a picture…my mom had my ex and myself and our daughter my new husband never had problem with it…maybe she loved her ex DIL…doesnt mean she doesnt love you

3 Likes

Ehh that would make me feel uncomfortable, but it is her house :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nope it’s the kids mother

2 Likes

Can’t change the past, why not keep good memories.

1 Like

No. That’s her grandkids and their mother. If you have an issue maybe look into your own insecurities.

4 Likes

Not inappropriate. Maybe she cares for her ex daughter in law. Just because the marriage ended doesn’t mean her relationship with her daughter in law did. Besides I’m sure her kids love to see their family on the wall. Her house her rules. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Not at all. Get over it

3 Likes

Not at all. The mother of her grandchildren is still the mother of her grandchildren, whether or not, she is with her son.

2 Likes

No. The kids and her son are a part of her story. She shouldn’t have to take that down.

1 Like

It’s her grandchildren with their mom and dad. It’s her family on a wall in her house.

3 Likes

Its not odd at all. Its part of their past. If your uncomfortable with it, then its something your going to have to come to terms with and figure out why your so triggered by it.

1 Like

I have a big issue with this. My MIL kept all pictures of hubby and his ex up on her walls and has yet to put a picture of him and I with our children up and she’s been given plenty of pictures.
She goes out of her way to talk to the ex but doesn’t speak to me which is why she hasn’t seen our kids in almost 2 years.

1 Like

I have this dilemma as a grandmother too. My son and his ex were together for a long time and I love them both. Their divorce was not amicable because they had been mad at each other for years. I wanted them to separate for the sake of their boys and their own health. I refused to disown my daughter in law. She still belongs to me. My son remarried and I welcomed his new wife. She is a decent person and I treat her well. I can and will have photos of both in my home. They of course don’t like each other, that is understandable but I have room for them both. I don’t want to insult either one. Wish they could see things my way. I hope this gives you a different perspective. You can choose to be offended or ignore the pics.

45 Likes

Fine in my opinion. It’s her grandchildren’s mother.

3 Likes

My mom would do this… because she would want to showcase our “family history” or something. She’d even label the picture.

1 Like

Not inappropriate at all.

5 Likes

No. Now if no children was involved definitely yes however its a sign to the children as well thats respect. If one is not of you all…get them done and add to the Memories.

4 Likes

My mother in law is the same way :tired_face: But my husband spoke to her about it because my feelings as his new wife/girlfriend/fiance are just as valid. I understood it her grandchildren are in the photo but it was disrespectful to us as a couple. There are plenty of photos with just the grandchildren in them by themselves. And eventually, she understood. Your feelings matter too love and if your other half is supportive of that, it never hurts to ask to take them down. The worse she can say is no.

8 Likes

No the kids r in the picture. I still have a relationship with my sons x

2 Likes

No we have pictures of my husband and his first wife and their daughter hanging on the wall in our house. 🤷… I’m the one that actually chose to hang them up my husband told me I could just put them in tge hope chest but I love his children and I’m not insecure about our relationship. We have been married for 10 years and together for 13 I have no problem with pictures of his past life.

14 Likes

Nah… its hers house, those are her grandbabies and their mom. You’ll survive.

7 Likes

Not at all ! That was apart of her long before you ever existed! Dont be that woman lmao .

9 Likes

My mom had pix of me & my ex up yrs after we divorced… her house not mine… idc

4 Likes

It has the kids on it so I think it’s fine

2 Likes

Make a new me a GREAT one… place it right beside the old one… now Everybody up on the walk of fame🤷🏽‍♀️ #Petty

2 Likes

Not at all. Photos are memories. Those are still her family regardless. Just gift her a photo of you and them now, and she can add that to the wall as well.

4 Likes

I also have pictures of my son’s ex. She was a part of our family for a long time, she’s one of the kids and she’s in all the family group pictures, I feel like she may not be his anymore but she’ll always be mine, and I love his new wife as well. I now have both on my walls, I hope my newest dil understands it not disrespect toward her but I can’t un-love his 1st love just bc they had issues together

12 Likes

At one time life was good when your hubby was with his ex so there are still good memories. You can’t just erase that.

1 Like

Uhm. No. How would it be even a little weird? She was his wife and a big part of their lives . Not like you can erase that part of the family history. Would you be ok if you married a man, got close to his fanily. Had children with him, then get divorced, and new wife be mad over your picture being up with YOUR THEN husband and kids?:expressionless:

6 Likes

how old are you??
not weird at all…i am in a family photo at my ex m.i.ls with my ex our 2big kids and his family (mum, brother, sisters and their familys)
but their also is a photo of my ex, his partner at the time (r.i.p) and his family, next to it…its all apart of life…people come and people go but will always be family…and its her house at the end of the day…she can hang what ever pics she wants to

4 Likes

HER wall? I think “her wall, her rules” :blush:
you did not mention though if you are living with her or not.

2 Likes

Went through this with my ex and my mil now. Then it hurt my pride as I was young and felt she was rude. I still feel this way 30 years later. My mil now…I’m older and just dont give 2 shits now lol

1 Like

Are you that threatened by another woman and your stepchildren?

6 Likes

I’m sure the kids appreciate being able to see a family photo when they go to grandmas

6 Likes

I have always said I didn’t divorce his parents. Those will always be my in-laws

6 Likes

First of all, you are 100% valid for being bothered by it. However, she is still the kids’ mom and so it’s probably nice for them to have that picture up. I wouldn’t like it either, my MIL still has pics of my SO ex and they’ve been apart for 11 years but he has a son by her and I know his son likes to look at the pictures and reminisce. My suggestion would be to just add another pic to her wall! Go with your hubby and take family pics with those kiddos bc you’re a family now too. Just make sure those babies know they are loved all around!

6 Likes

No…not inappropriate at all.

3 Likes

Not even a little bit! She’s just as much a part of the family because of the kids ! She was part of the family the day those Bavaria were born sounds like you need to get over yourself! … it’s about what is good for those kids not what makes you comfortable

3 Likes

I have a huge picture of my son and my ex on my wall. My husband told me to hang it. They are exes for a reason…try not to worry about it.

2 Likes

I think she may only have it because her son and grandchildren in it it’s not like she she has a single photo of just her

4 Likes

You need to look at it differently. And accept it has nothing to do with you. I get the irritation, and I’m sure there’s more to it, but just let it hang.

5 Likes

Not at all, ex was once her son’s wife and is the mother of her grandchildren. She might not be married to your husband anymore, but she’s still family. She’s part of your family now too because you married your husband and are his children’s step-parent.

9 Likes

My dad is remarried now & still has the family pic on the wall that includes his previous partner. It doesn’t bother my step mother

2 Likes

I never liked it myself. My mil did the same.

1 Like

If you have a problem with it then you shouldn’t be with somebody who had kids with somebody else because that’s still the mother of her grandkids matter what an his kids mother. Also the picture was there before you came into his life. if you’re that petty then maybe you should leave this man alone. because his kids has a right to see pictures of there mom an dad at grandma’s house so respect the children an just let it go. also it’s her house she can have what she wants up in her home.

1 Like

No. She is 1/2 of the children created by their union. It shows that love and respect can exist in all forms, which is a great message for the grandkids.

1 Like

Not inappropriate at all. That woman is not just your now husband’s ex, she is the mother of your MIL’s grandchildren.

1 Like

I’d get a permanent marker and give her a monobrow, colour in her front teeth.

4 Likes

That’s the mother of her grandkids she is still allowed a relationship with her. Just because you’re in the picture doesn’t mean anything.

I would personally NOT have pictures on display regularly that shows a since split family… I would not throw them away, but I damn sure wouldn’t have them hanging on my wall… Yes they USED to be a family, but not any more… Seems kind of assholeish in my opinion! 💁

Grow up 🤷 she is the mother of his children. She was before you. She was and more than likely will ALWAYS be part of your MIL life whether you like it or not. It’s not inappropriate at all. That woman is not just your now husband’s ex wife, but she is the mother of your MIL’s grandchildren. So she will ALWAYS have a spot in your MIL life

6 Likes

My ex MIL is on my Facebook. She’s wished me well over my new marriage. I’ve offered condolences on three death of her brother. My ex wished my husband and is merry Christmas yesterday. Don’t be so insecure. Exes are exes for a reason

2 Likes

It’s just disrespectful. Whether she has a relationship with the girl or not. He’s no longer with her and it’s disrespectful to you.

3 Likes

Seriously, at one time, they were a family. Even if they separated/divorced it was still a chapter in their life,

3 Likes

My ex mother in law had that pic as well as a niece and her ex. More about the kids and you should just let it be. Love seeing old pics of the kids on the wall even when it contains a beast

2 Likes

…is this a joke

I have to say I had a really good mil…she treated me like her daughter (She had 2 sons)…and she kept pics of the ex dil with him and the kids but didn’t display them…she did it outta respect for me but it wouldn’t have mattered to me if she did cause I know her and my father in law couldn’t stand her and of course my husband couldn’t either…don’t let it bother you…look at it this way, she’s probably jealous of you after all, it’s your family too.

2 Likes

No but shes obviously doing it out of spite

Lmaooooo people gettin BIG MAD​:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s appropriate. Because she may have loved the ex doesn’t mean she can’t love you too. We all have a past. I’m about to marry a man with alot of baggage but he’s a good man and should not have to suffer because he has a past. You should not suffer from jealousy so don’t.

2 Likes

It’s like you think everybody should erase his ex wife out of the picture. (No pun intended)
Get over it. Seriously. More important shit to worry about in life.

No its her kid and grandkids no reason to not have it my mil has one up doesn’t bother me i love seeing my step babies when they were little and that is their mother none the less

4 Likes

I thought this group was supposed to be kind and supportive??? There is a way to put your opinion over NICELY…

1 Like

Yes, if it bothers you.

Are some of these people for real??? His ex wife?? I dont care if they are best friends. You are her family now. Some of these women want to make you think you are irrational but honey if it bothers you it matters! Period. Nobody gets to tell you what’s appropriate because there is no wrong answer here except for people telling you to grow up. That’s pathetic! Maybe it wouldn’t bother them but if it bothers you talk to her. If she doesn’t take it down thats fine you can’t force her but that’s plain and simple disrespectful and tacky. The family she has now is important theres a reason a divorce happen and she should respect her sons wife. She expects respect from you, correct? I dont know about anyone else but Id limit my contact with her period.

7 Likes

Well I don’t know that my ex has pictures I’m sure he doesn’t of us as a family but I think if she wants to have pictures of them out of respect for the new family I would put them in the bedroom on the wall or a spare room on the wall it’s like she’s flaunting them in front of the new family and I think that’s wrong

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s inappropriate. That’s her son, her grandchildren and their mother. When kids are involved, it’s different. Plus it’s probably been on the wall since he gave it to her when they were still married. It’s her house. I wouldn’t mention it. Not worth a fight over nothing. You can’t erase their past, or her as the mother of his children.

6 Likes

Mine did at first but she’s 65 and just didn’t realize it was even there, my bf politely asked her to take it down and she did without hesitation, we give her new photos all the time and she has them everywhere.

It’s her wall? Likely parent of some of her grandchildren? Not being rude but is it really your business?

3 Likes

My ex mother in law still has a pic of me n my ex together

1 Like

No I do not think that is weird. Once kids are involved, good terms or bad terms with each other they are permanently family. At least if you ask me. You can’t undo a genetic connection through children and you can’t undo all of the memories and bonding that that person has with the family. It would be wrong to get in between that.

2 Likes

Nope not inappropriate. Still the mother of her grandchildren

5 Likes

No it has her grandbabies in the photo.

3 Likes

No! It’s her wall she can put whatever picture she wants on it! My mother in law has my late husband with his ex on her wall it doesn’t bother me a bit, it’s not in my house on my wall.

1 Like

My kids dads whole family have those photos of his ex wife and their kids it bothered me at first but after a while it just became whatever I don’t really care I’m not gonna tell someone else what pics of the grandkids to put up in their house not my place

4 Likes

Why does that matter it’s still the child’s parent and as long as it’s not a toxic relationship to the child then shouldn’t everybody get along

2 Likes

My mom has a pic of my ex hub and me on her wall.doesnt bother my now hub at all my now hub let my ex hub live in our backyard in his rv. Hes my kids dad.our grandkids gmpa.hes not my husband, but was my past.

Maybe she had a great relationship with her. After I left the prick of a husband I still had his sister’s over. I went whenever I could to see my FIL, even if it was 40 yrs later. . Now with your MIL, get over it, this is the kids mother, And why should she remove a picture that old because it bothers you?? Again it’s still her grandchildren’s mother. So unless she ( the ex wife)mentally and physically abused them. Let it be
You can have a new picture of you, your husband & the kids & give it to her.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Been there done that uugghh so annoying n disrespectful

How is it inappropriate for her to have old pictures of their old life it still existed they dont have to do away with their memories of their grandchildren just for you

2 Likes

It’s a picture and it’s her house. I don’t see an issue with it nor would I have an issue seeing pics of my step kids’ mother everyday.