Is it possible for your post partum body to shrink in height?

Hi everyone! Is it possible for post partum body to shrink in height? I used to be 5 feet 2 inches. I feel like I became shorter. Is it possible?

10 Likes

Why donā€™t you just measure yourself? Then google it?

1 Like

Definitely. I used to be 5ā€™9 and then I lost height after my first baby. Iā€™m now 5ā€™6. Having babies eats away at your calcium.

2 Likes

We all get shorter as we age

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that! I am pregnant with my second and was the same height after my first. Iā€™m only 5ā€™3" i donā€™t wanna shrink! :joy:

I grew half an inch, but my feet got smaller

Ive lost 3 inches in 20 years. Hope i dont lose any more ill be as wide as i am tall lol

Maybe your posture isnt as good from losing core musclešŸ¤”

1 Like

Is it pregnancy or age? I thought I was shrinking because I was older.

I lost 1.3 inches after my son :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: but he broke my back, so maybe that did it

I was wondering the same thing because my husband keeps asking me if Iā€™ve gotten shorter lol

I duno abput height loss but my feet gained like half a size with each kid i had :woman_shrugging::rofl:

Did you swell after birth? Thatā€™s the only thing I can think of that would give you that idea

yes. added weight and strain on the spine from pregnancy can cause slight curvature or compression, resulting in ā€œshrinkingā€. thatā€™s why itā€™s important to focus on posture and restrengthening your core muscles after your body has had time to recoup

I used to be 5ā€™ 6", now Iā€™m an inch shorter after my first pregnancy. My feet grew a size, too.

Make sure you measure yourself in the morning. People tend to be taller when they first get out of bed, bc their spine has been able to relax and stretch.

I feel shorter after every pregnancyā€¦until I get a realignment of my back. If you think about it babies put alot of pressure on your back and change your posture so it makes senseā€¦

1 Like

At the end of my having children I had grown over an inch (Iā€™m older now and have shrunk again). I had a friend who at the end of having her boys grew three inches!! I was told that the growth hormone kicks in when you are pregnant. Shoe size grew, too. Donā€™t know why you got shorter. Not my experince.

In theory yes. When a developing child is not getting enough nutrients innthe womb and enzyme is released that harvests it from the motherā€™s bones. Itā€™s why some women are unusually clumsy while pregnant. It is also not uncommon for adults to ā€œshrinkā€ as they age due to atrophied muscles and osteoporosis.

1 Like

One of my doctors told me it was possible due to the extra weight and if you have multiple kids. Over 10 years and 6 pregnancies I shrank over an inchšŸ˜Ŗ

My daughters and was talking about this yesterday I was 5ft 4 in now I am 5 ft and 2 in i shrink 2 in

I didnā€™t shrink nor did I grow.

not in 9monthsā€¦measure your heightā€¦not your feels

You may need to look into getting a bone density test. Just to make sure that you dont have osteopenia or osteoporosis following pregnancy. Best wishes to you and Congratulations on baby!

2 Likes

I had 4 kids and never shrank or grew. I know your feet can grow but i never of anybodys height changing one way or the other.