Is it possible my cat is seeing a ghost?

I’m 25 weeks pregnant. And lately today (4.13), our cat has been staring next to the bathroom wall. Every time we call him over to his food. He eats a little and then goes back to the same spot. I’m scared to think that there is a spirit in my house. Since my bf friend has come around much. (she stopped by today only to get some clothes she has with us) Our cat wasn’t like that. And just started acting different today: any sage or anything I can do to keep My baby safe. I wouldn’t want anything to happen. How can I tell his friend that they can’t come anymore for the fact that there is a problem? I just said a little prayer before going to bed.

67 Likes

It is very possible. Cats do see ghosts

I definitely think it could be pregnancy paranoia hun, I’m not judging you but just take a deep breath and just know your friend did not give you a ghost and sometimes cats are just a little nutty lol it’s the season for All the gross little bugs come out so it’s possible he’s just seeing a spider or something.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be suprised if the cat hadn’t spotted a tiny bug or something…My cat does that and thats usually why

4 Likes

Your baby will be doing the same thing it’s something you will get use to. The baby will even smile and laugh for no known reason. It’s not a spirit :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Sooo what kind of drugs did you take?

17 Likes

If there’s spirit around it won’t hurt or do anything negative … if your uncomfortable just politely say you’re not welcome here please leave . Sage is cleansing wouldn’t hurt but nothing in your home will harm you

3 Likes

Don’t mock the spirit world especially if u haven’t experienced anything. Oh the comments. Smh. It’s ant season - bug season . your cat prob sees something in the same spot as a bug. For babies yes they can c things we can not. Just like animals. Therefore anything possible w a baby seeing spirits. I personally have seen this w my child. Even when she got older. No it’s not any diagnosis . its a spiritual thing. Some people have ir, some don’t.

19 Likes

Watch for rodent activity. Sometimes the lil critters can get into walls and make cats look crazy.

11 Likes

Mental health help…

2 Likes

People can bring bad spirits and energies and leave them there. I would sage (with the windows open) and tell whatever it is that it’s not welcome there.

11 Likes

Having had pet cats for years I am inclined yo believe there is a rodent of some sort in the wall they can hear and smell them . They are very patient waiting for an oppurtunity yo seize one. Have seen this many times thru the years.

6 Likes

Yesterday i was doing the dishes my two oldest where playing games and youngest on the couch watching TV
My cat was chilling on the floor by the entry way of the kitchen
I seen something small go across the entry way and heard a giggle
My cat saw it two we both turned our heads to look at the figure crossing the entry way I say huh to my self and looked at all 3 of the children in the same spots they been in and I got scared for a minute but it didn’t seem to bug anyone

5 days ago I was laying down with our 2 year old to put to sleep well my husband was on the couch talking to the older boys playing games and I seen a tall dark looking man go right in front of my man he didn’t see it I ended sleeping in my sons bed because I didn’t want to leave him in the room alone

I see tottle of 5
There is the tall man he’s figure is dark black
And clear one about 5 feet tall
The second one is a mist looking about 5 feet and one foggy about the size of a toddler other one is sparkly looking and about the size of a dog or cat

Don’t call me crazy or funny names don’t be a troll

I know what I see in my home :house_with_garden:

I live in peace with them and yes they have moved things around in my home
With no explanation

10 Likes

What does this have to do with being 25 weeks pregnant?

There senses are so much stronger then ours it’s possible he hears or smells something on the other side or in between the dry wall, like a mouse or bug would not worry to much

1 Like

My sisters dog used to go crazy, barking at something…one day my sister happened to look up when she started her barking fit and see a cat…well, the back half of a cat ,running across the room. Yep, a ghost cat.

2 Likes

My cat and dog does the same thing he flips out over his own shadow I live I front of a cemetery my daughter laughs staring out the window she has full our conversation when I’m doing dishes in the other room it don’t hurt anything your perfect fine it can be any hug or he just likes being in that spot

Maybe it’s a mouse in the wall?

1 Like

If someone close to you or your husband lost a loved one, they could be checking in on baby. I would “hear” my great grandpas slippers on the floor, and his hearing aid go off when I was pregnant. Unsettling, yes, scared, no. Since then, my son will randomly start talking about dado or grandpa Duke, and I never really mention my dado, and my husband has always called “grandpa Duke” just grandpa.
In my opinion, if you’re legitimately scared, I’d sage with the windows open. Or have someone that knows how to do it right do it. One thing I always say when odd things (usually around high stress times) start to happen I say “if you’re not of light and love, you are not welcome in my home”

5 Likes

There might be something wrong and she should get checked by a vet . Use google , it would have taken you 5 seconds to figure out

2 Likes

Probably just a mouse. If it was a ghost Im sure you would have seen it by now or heard it.

It’s possible that is a mouse he is waiting for. However for your peace of mind sprinkle some sage and sea salt around your house.

Probably a mouse in the wall.

We are strong believers that people can bring “bad vibes” or “bad spirits” with them. We had our house made brand new, lived in it for 3 months then had a house warming party and after that we kept hearing footsteps and doors shutting my baby would not sleep throughout the night he would wake up screaming his head off or he would just look off into a corner where there was nothing and he would get this fear in his face. We had to do a “cleans” around all the house with sage and stuff after that its been ok.

1 Like

Holy water. Go to catholic church and ask a priest for some holy water. Then sprinkle it all over the house and say a prayer while making the sign of the cross.

1 Like

My cats both have done this throughout the years, typically it’s a bug they see and they’re waiting for it to drop down to attack it. It’s possible it could be another type of pest like rodent or etc.

Tbh I often feel like my cats ghost still lives here. I feel him jump up into the bed every night. I miss him so much. It’s nothing that can be mistake either. It’s so weird. I never really thought about ghosts and whether or not I believe in them. But that energy has to go somewhere.

Say another prayer, cause you definitely need jesus.

7 Likes

Giirrrrl Grab the bible & start praying to god to keep u & baby safe! No sage is guna save u from a spirit. Call upon god in Jesus name into ur home & bless ur home. Amen!

8 Likes

My cat does that when she senses a mouse nearby. She will sit in the same spot waiting for it to come out. I wouldn’t go straight to spirits. Could be a mouse,she sees a bug… anything…

2 Likes

My kittens do this regularly and it’s usually a tiny bug or something I haven’t noticed that they are following waiting for a chance to pounce on it

I would walk through your home and pray out loud that Gods presence be in your home. .

2 Likes

Go to the vet my cat was doing that.

Both my cats do this every now and then they will just stare into the corner of my living room and wag there tail… I just think maybe they’ve seen a spider or a fly… if your thinking spirit I wouldn’t say all spirits are bad or that all are good but not all want too bring harm most of the time they might just sense a spirit passing through the house…

I wouldn’t say I fully believe in ghosts but I do say to my OH that I feel my Nan with me sometimes and that I can still smell her, don’t know if this will help lol x

Although I do believe in ghosts and spirits, I believe in this case your cat is hearing a mouse behind the wall.

Ur child is safe and the cat isn’t being aggressive so the spirit if there is one isn’t a bad spirit it would most likely be one of urs or ur bfs family members

5 Likes

Cats are just weird in general. I wouldn’t worry about it.

11 Likes

“Hey my cat started acting weird after you came over, you can’t come over anymore” :skull:

48 Likes

My cat does that but then we figured out its bc the wall was always super warm and cats tend to eat more when alone or atleast mine do

More than likely it hears some kind of movement in the wall that we can’t hear ( noises in pipes, insects, rodents) and the cat probably never heard it before today. I doubt it’s the friend, or a spirit especially if the cat is staring at the wall.

5 Likes

I think staring like that is just a cat being a cat…

4 Likes

We have a sprit cat in our house we all have seen it and my other cats have played with it I feel it jump on my bed my black baby was playing with it one night it was sitting right over top my head

Not to scare you but there are spirits EVERYWHERE.
Most are harmless. No need to stress yourself over it.

5 Likes

Explain the situation to your friend and help her cleanse herself. You can smoke cleanse or use holy water to cleanse your house. Tell the spirit it’s not welcome.

I hate to say this and scare you but maybe there is something in the wall like a mouse

4 Likes

Do not use sage if you haven’t done it before. You could cause more harm than good. Just tell them to get out if your house and they aren’t welcome.

1 Like

May be hearing a critter

2 Likes

lol i don’t really believe in all this stuff but stranger things have been real so i’ll put myself in the mindset.

i’ve never heard of someone bringing a spirit with them and dropping them off. someone having a bad spirit/energy attached to them yes, but it would go where they go and the cat would be averse to the person themselves. sageing the house never hurts but you might also wanna get some mouse traps lmao.

8 Likes

Probably a mouse tbh

3 Likes

Could be a mouse in the wall :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Generally cats are guardians to the underworld. As long as your cat isnt hissing or trying to attack the air…I wouldnt worry. If you do decide to burn sage…wear a mask and leave your house for a hour or two…smoke inhalation isnt good for the baby. Also make sure you repeatedly and very sternly tell the spirit it isnt welcome in your house while burning the sage.

4 Likes

It’s probably rodents. Not that that is much better and I’m not judging my parents live on a farm and have rodents occasionally and when we lived there my cat (who never goes outside) started doing something similar. Eventually he caught and killed a mouse lol

2 Likes

There are no ghosts. Only demons…something is of the light or the dark.

The Bible teaches very clearly that there are indeed spirit beings who can connect with and appear in our physical world. The Bible identifies these beings as angels and demons. Angels are spirit beings who are faithful in serving God. Angels are righteous, good, and holy. Demons are fallen angels, angels who rebelled against God. Demons are evil, deceptive, and destructive. According to 2 Corinthians 11:14-15, demons masquerade as “angels of light” and as “servants of righteousness.” Appearing as a “ghost” and impersonating a deceased human being definitely seem to be within the power and abilities that demons possess.

2 Likes

Plus tbh not to scare you but! My daughter woke me up the night my grandma died minutes before she was officially announced dead. She was talking away and woke me up. She never got to meet my grandma due to Covid though my grandma had seen pictures. My daughter was 7 mos at the time.

Also when we’ve gone to my other grandma’s house in the past she likes to look up at the ceiling and laugh/smile or at pictures my grandma has of family past, my great grandpa died in that house & I think my great grandma did too. I know my great aunt/uncle passed and they lived across the street. I visited the graves of my great grandparents when I was pregnant because I honestly believed they watch over us && are the reason my daughter is ok today ((she had respiratory problems at birth)) My daughter shares a middle name with my grandma & great grandma on my dads side & my grandpa & aunt on my moms. Out of those 4 my great grandma and my grandpa are in heaven. I honored them by naming her after them since they took such good care of us

… you just dont want the friend around you could say that :joy: your cat is being a cat

11 Likes

Maybe he got into some nip and thought he saw a mouse.

1 Like

If it is there to bother you well you would know but typically they don’t mess with pregnant women… I was pregnant and moved into a new house that was infect haunted we would see shadows and someone lifted my robe and it was all caught on camera also a little one was sitting next to my newborn to my knowledge nothing was done to him… when I seen everything on camera I called a priest and he came blessed our home and kids and we asked Kindly for them to leave I also saged my home. On camera you could see little maybe 6 or 7 year old foot prints walking on carpet to our front door… we have not had any issues or seen anything on camera again… there is alot you can do even if it’s just for a peace of mind… Goodluck!!

The cat could be confused with a urinary tract infection. Don’t jump to conclusions.

5 Likes

My cat I had a few years back when we lived in our other home that we rented my cat would always stare and hiss at the basement door and upstairs at the top floor by our bedrooms … one night my daughter was in bed (with the door clsoed)and screamed so loud she ran down the stairs crying saying someone sat on her bed and poked her back it was just me and her home that night…I went up stairs to show her it was ok and my cat was standing at the top of the stairs hissing and batting the air with his paw by my daughter’s bedroom… lol it was creepy to say the least but I told the spirits if they are gonna stay in the home then they have to share the space. (Before we moved in we seen the house with the landlord and met the women who was moving out…she was moving because she couldn’t afford to live there she had a baby who passed away and her husband/ boyfriend died…not sure if in the house or not though

1 Like

There is a mouse or a dead one in the wall

1 Like

Yes it’s possible. But it could be a mouse in the walls that she or he is hearing as well. Animals are more sensitive to spirits then we are.

2 Likes

This is a joke right?! :woman_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Sounds like a mouse. That’s what my cat did but he would go to the dishwasher and oven and just stare at it. We caught 2 mice

3 Likes

Spirits don’t use people like taxis so to speak. Coming from someone who has experience. Highly unlikely your friend came over and the ghost decided to stay…if she was haunted it’d stay with her.

1 Like

Could be something in the wall like a chipmunk , but I do believe in spirits. Walk over to where your cat is staring and say very calmly, if your intentions are good, you are welcome to stay. If your intentions are not good, then please leave.

Wow :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:.

3 Likes

I do believe that stuff. My cat scratches our bedroom door to let us know she wants to come in. Once something scratched the door loudly like she does, except she was in already. My husband checked the whole house, nothing. I’ve also heard her hissing and there’s nothing there.

You might want to take your cat to the vet especially since their acting out of character there could some serious going on with your fur baby

4 Likes

Megan Eason the fuck did I just read :grimacing:

7 Likes

Could be a neurological issue. I read an article about it before but don’t exactly remember what it said, something to do with the brain

2 Likes

It’s possible it is but if this is the only thing occurring than more than likely the cat hears something in the wall. Mice and chipmunks will nest in walls.

2 Likes

can you take her to the vet to have her checked and make sure she isn’t sick, I know this can be a sign of illness in dogs but possibly cats too?

4 Likes

Cats are just weird creatures for one and chances are he is staring at the dust in the air that we can’t see. Or he could just being a cat. Don’t freak yourself out over nothing. If plates start getting thrown at your head, then be concerned

1 Like

Probably saw a reflection on the wall… from the mirror or something

So i do believe in spirits BUT I have 2 cats and when they’re staring in a particular spot it could be mice. Recently mine were staring at the return vents and my husband found a couple of mice dead in the furnace in the basement :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

My cats stare and we do not have mice or chip monks in the damn walls…
Y’all don’t need to be JACK****

3 Likes

You have a mouse…

2 Likes

There’s probably a mouse nest in the wall

2 Likes

Some of y’all are straight up assholes.

OP, if kitty isn’t showing signs of fear or aggression, you’re most likely fine. It’s rare but I’ve seen and been victim to someone’s “attached spirit” leaving them to attach to someone else.

5 Likes

When my cat was sick she sat in the bathroom as well.

1 Like

Not all spirits are evil some are your relatives that passed on and looking over your family

I got extra haunted when I was pregnant too. Some ppl think spirits are more attracted to pregos. Something slapped my ass that sounded like a wet tentacle it was so loud and hard but not like painful, right before tho I heard running in my upstairs hallway and my dog was growling. It was fkn scary I was glad I couldn’t c what did it. Was gna get my house blessed after but eventually it just kinda went away for me even tho weird stuff happened a few times during my pregnancy. Things have happened my whole life though I’m just glad they stopped for now.

2 Likes

Honestly burn white sage at every door and window say a prayer as you do it. No your house may not be haunted but sage gets rid of bad energy and ghosts. My house is haunted but I have no intention of getting rid of the spirit. Get the cat checked as well any further questions ask me in messenger I used to get rid of ghosts for friends

3 Likes

Pray and read The Bible. God is the only thing that can get rid of the evil spirit. I’ll be praying for you and your situation. :pray:

5 Likes

Burn you a Jesus candle and anoint your baby with some olive oil. My dog would bark at the wall all the time and that seem to work

5 Likes

I am going with your vibe, and I am saying this…it would not be anything “evil” and if it was I think your kitty would be acting more aggressive.
Don’t let it bother you…My doggies will sometimes stare into a certain spot in my house, my Mom recently passed away and I know when it happens it’s nothing bad.
All the best to your Family, My Friend.:heart:

2 Likes

Yup. Make a mental boundary. Especially when it’s time to sleep. Also when your cat is doing that, tell the spirit to leave and they are not welcome. This is YOUR home. You will notice the change… :purple_heart:

2 Likes

It’s a cat. They always stare into the distance at something. Try to focus on something else. Can you go out for a walk or do some pregnancy yoga or something. That might take your mind off what the cat is staring at. Feed your cat some treats too and close the door.

3 Likes

So cats are know to protect from Spirts if you have one your cats not gonna let it get close to you or your baby

1 Like

Hes hearing or seeing mice

4 Likes

Rebuke spirits out of your home in the name of Jesus Christ. but honestly the cat is likely sitting in that spot because he’s likely hearing a mouse. Our cat did this as well.

1 Like

So many adults playing make believe :grinning:
Stop feeding the poor lasses paranoia

5 Likes

Sure it’s not a mouse or something it can hear? Mycat does the same thing

1 Like

The little boy who lives in my house kept opening and shutting my bedroom door, then the last slam he locked it. I told him to go away and leave me alone. He hasn’t done it since.

I personally don’t believe spirits hurt people, and the cat wouldn’t be staring at the wall but more to the ceiling and they don’t typically just stare there are other indications. Like meowing etc. Its probably a mouse in the wall. If you don’t feel that yes sage but know how to. Sage every doorway. Then frankenscense oil. Close the portals with that. You need to say something at each portal windows doorways mirrors etc. If you truely believe that. But if you feel there is a spirit the spirit isnt causing harm. I wouldn’t close out my friends because you feel there is a spirit in your home. Personally there would be other indications rather than your cat staring at the wall. It’s a little mouse I bet

1 Like

“The behavior is called “head pressing”, and it is characterized by the compulsive act of pressing the head against something solid for extended periods of time.

Head pressing generally indicates damage to the nervous system or a neurological condition or illness and it is very important that you take your dog or cat to a veterinarian for diagnosis.”

4 Likes

This sounds more like a seizure disorder. Call your vet before you call a shaman.

6 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with burning sage while saying a prayer (or repeating a mantra). Or if you rather, spray holy water around, or both. If you’re cat is still seeing the same, maybe it’s a angel looking out for you and your new baby to come.

3 Likes

Maybe theres a bug on the wall, light reflecting? I think you are being pregnant and overthinking this, i did the same. Nothing will harm your baby, but maybe putting your trust in a positive higher power will help. I think when pregnant us mothers get highly protective of our babies, and this is just that coming out. Embrace it, it means you have that motherly protective power.

1 Like

First rule out the most logic things.
Look and hear VERY closely where the cat stands.
You have to understand the ability to hear and see is much higher then ours!!
If you are sure its nothing there contact a vet, let the cat be checked out.
And if the cat declared healthy, wait a couple of days, cause it could have an impact on the cat!
And start with things such as sage, prayers etc.
I always had cats my whole life, please dont get ridd of it.
There is no harm in a cat or evil.