Is it possible to only pump when breastfeeding?

Yes definitely i did this

Pumping is still a full time job…he might be feeding at night but its you hooked up to a machine most the day…

1 Like

It possible. Keep in mind how tiny babies tummies are when they’re born. They need less more often!!

I exclusively pumped for 9 months for my first baby

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat692.pages.dev/

This is what i do its called exclusively pumping. My suggestion for you would be to do lots of research beforehand. Theres a lot to know before jumping in. Its very hard to do it takes twice the amount of time but it does have its benefits. Join some facebook online forums, search the web and make an informed decision

Yes, but you’ll also need to be up at 2 am pumping for a while until you get plenty of stock

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat718.pages.dev/

I did it for a year with my first. Totally possible. Look up exclusively pumping.

You most certainly can, I exclusively pumped with my first, but it was SO much extra work. I felt like I was chained to the wall pumping all the time. I swore to myself with my second that she either needed to be directly breastfed or I was going to go with formula. With pumping, you pump at regimented times throughout the day (7-8 times with a newborn), this includes middle of the night as well. The amount of pump parts and bottles that needed to be washed drove me nuts. The amount of time spent pumping that doesn’t including feeding the baby is really time consuming, direct breastfeeding kills two birds with one stone when it comes to feeding. Then storage of milk, I’d recommend getting a deep freezer and finding an app that helps you keep track of what you have in your milk stash.

I’m not sure if direct breastfeeding is an option for you, I’m SO much happier directly breastfeeding my second. I have so much more time and energy. You can pump on the other side while you feed and use that extra milk for middle of the night feedings. Just keep in mind you will still want to pump when your husband feeds in the middle of the night, at least for a few months, otherwise your boobs will want to explode lol.

You can pump & strictly bottle feed. A lot of mom’s do it because they don’t like the sensation.
Make sure to stay hydrated & eat during & after your pregnancy. Coconut water truly works wonders!
Good luck! :heart: I know times are hard

Yes, it’s called exclusively pumping This is my third baby I’m pumping for now. (And hundreds of other babies I’ve donated to as well, I have an oversupply.) You can ask the nurses to bring you a pump after baby is born or tell them ahead of time. Every 3 hrs for a least 15 mins is usually a good start My first son I didn’t have as much knowledge about it and only got to pump for him for about 7-8 months. My second I pumped for 2.5yrs as we as donated to other babies in need. Research exclusive pumping and there are great exclusively pumping mom groups on FB too. Don’t stress, drink lots of water/fluids and eat often. (Most of us pumping/breastfeeding mamas are always STARVING!) :joy:

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat732.pages.dev/

Yes but make sure you do your homework as this is so much more work than just breastfeeding or formula feeding, and you’ll likely have to be up for feedings as well pumping.

1 Like

I exclusively pumped my first 2 babies for 12 months each and plan to do the same again.

I did that for all three of mine , was wat worked for us I didn’t want to breastfeed but knew that milk was best and wanted my husband to be able to do equal feedings

Yes you can pump and bottle feed which is quite exhausting (at least it was for me)or you can pump (bottle) and breastfeed you can combine however you feel comfortable

You most definitely can!! It’s a lot of work, but in the end still cheaper than formula… even with all the supplies needed for it…… I exclusively pumped for my youngest. I also ended up with an oversupply so I was able to freeze a bunch of milk, so I stopped pumping early and he drank frozen milk until he was 13 months old! There’s groups here on Facebook that helped me SOO much!! Search for exclusive pumping mamas … or something along those lines. There’s a couple groups. I joined all of them and absorbed information like a sponge! You can get hospital grade pumps on eBay, the bottle and tube kits off Amazon that go with the pump (medela symphony breast pump) double pumps work better than one sided. You’ll also need to find out what size flange you’ll need because an improper fitting flange won’t drain you properly if too small or will barely work at all if it’s too big. There’s a website where you can print off a ruler and measure your nipples to find out the flange size, the size can also fluctuate throughout the pumping journey. They can also be two different sizes.
Prepare yourself with as much knowledge and info as you can now. Then it’ll be a walk in the park once you start :slightly_smiling_face:

The saliva from the babies mouth tells your body what it needs to produce for baby. So if baby is sick, their saliva tells your body to produce antibodies to help baby overcome it. That’s a benefit to breastfeeding but won’t happen if you exclusively pump. However, you can definitely exclusively pump if that’s what you’re most comfortable with. Until your supply is steady you will still have to get up at night to pump here and there. Or you might wake up engorged and hurting.

Yes you can exclusively pump

Yes but it’s double the work. Just warning you. I do both.

Yes, but it is challenging. I exclusively pumped for two babies I carried as a surrogate. It was a huge commitment of time and effort but I was happy to be able to do it. I strongly suggest that you coordinate with a lactation expert to assist your journey and that you get a hospital grade pump. I loved my Medela Lactina for the first and the Medela Symphony Plus for the second. I’ve also heard great things about the newer Spectra S3. It’s also helpful to have a high quality hand pump for when you need to pump away from home. If you can afford it a handsfree pump like the Medela Swing is also good for hands-free pumping. Just don’t expect the hand pump or the hands-free to replace the hospital grade pump for regular use or your milk production may drastically decrease.

You have lots of great comments here.

It is totally possible to express and bottle feed only, it’s called exclusively pumping. In this interest of full disclosure, it is a lot of work and sometimes it can be difficult to keep your supply up this way. But it is doable, many have done just this. One important factor is when the baby feeds, you need to empty your breasts. So even if baby is getting a bottle at 2am, you’ll need to empty your breasts around that time too. Prolactin levels are highest at night and this hormone is responsible for milk production. Removing milk from your breasts during that time is really important for the first few months for ensuring a robust milk supply. For this reason, my husband and I find other ways to make parenting more 50/50… he gets up with the older ones at night, does the dishes after dinner, makes breakfast for everyone, and does all nighttime diaper changes, for example.

You can also take a combined approach. Some find direct nursing way easier than pumping and if that’s the case for you, split the feeds so your feeds are direct and your partner’s feeds are pumped milk.

There are lots of options! You’ve totally got this.

Yes I did for 19 month it is a lot of work though and you really have to be on top of it. I pumped for at least 30 minutes every two hours.

My daughter’s first baby had to be tube fed so although she planned to breast feed him, she decided pumping was the next best option. Not easy or as rewarding for sure but was able to do it for about 6 months.

I breastfed until my oldest daughter was 3!!! Lol and i breastfed, pumped and bottle fed my youngest until she was 1!!! U should totally pump!!! I think its an amazing experience and it’s good to get the men involved…I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and i plan on pumping too so my bf can bottle feed baby too

it’s ok to breast fed and pump you can also freeze it. I told the women in my breast feeding classes there is no wrong way to do it. You should take a class most health department can tell you where the free classes are, they have a lot of hints to make your life easier