Is It Safe to Have Sex 3 Weeks Postpartum (C-Section)?

Yeah, I did. Vaginal birth. Used a condom.

Hormonal change is strange.

After 4 kids I waited 6-8 weeks. No way was I going to go through that anytime soon again. Even with condom!

My last child i waited til 5 weeks. Second child, Im 3 weeks pp right now. I understand. I wanted some & well i masturbated. I can’t afford an infection & another baby.

Definitely wait!!! Your insides haven’t healed yet

1 Like

Flick the bean stay away from the ween! It’s not about your long Jon it’s about introducing bacteria into a space that has a wound the size of a dinner plate! Mutual masterbation can be just as erotic as having sex

1 Like

Wait, I stopped bleeding and immediately started bleeding more than before.

My hubby is rather large and we had sex 4 days after my csection all depends on u hun

I did at 4 weeks pp csection and not only was it super painful but it tore part of my incision back open and I ended up with 2 kids only 10 months apart. Don’t do it. Just bc you feel fine doesn’t mean a thing. Also think of this…you’ll likely have another csection since you’ve already had 1. If you get pregnant again it can be very hard on your body and dangerous to have 2csections back to back like that.

1 Like

I was 14 days postpartum. Probably shouldn’t have lol but I’m just fine.

Was not the smartest choice I have ever made… But after my youngest daughter was born, I only waited 4 days after I had her. Don’t do it. Heal first. So many complications can, and most likely will happen. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

Wtf?! I was nowhere near interested in sex right after my C-Section. I was too dang sore for one and 2 I just wanted to rest when my baby was resting. Let your body heal.

You can but you shouldn’t

I did and I had 3 csections. I now have a 2 year old, 1 year old and almost 5 month old. All depends on how you feel.

lmao 4 days after :joy: staples still in too

You have an internal wound in your uterus that is not healed at only 3 weeks. You are taking a lot of chances of rupture, infection and more. Please let your body heal.

10 Likes

There’s a reason that they say 6 to 8 weeks. You just had major abdominal surgery. It would be a big risk.

5 Likes

I mean the doctor who studied medicine for years says to wait until 6 to 8 weeks… I’m pretty sure he/she knows more than any mom on Facebook. Js

36 Likes

I had 2 c sections & did at about 2 or 3 weeks both times with no issues, everyone heals at different rates!

Definitely wait!!! Your insides won’t like the loving believe me the outside is healed not the inside!

2 Likes

Lol what a horny sheila

2 Likes

Nope. You should follow your doctor’s orders and wait the 6 weeks. There is a reason they make you wait 6 weeks. You’re not fully healed until 6 weeks and it can cause an infection or so many other complications.

Nope. Dont do it. You’ll end up tearing internal stitches. That’s not something you really want to risk.

You have an open wound where you placenta was attached it can lead to infection

1 Like

Try non penetrative maybe.

I would say no. Just to be safe. It would suck to get it n then end up having to have another surgery to fix u up n have to wait 8-12 weeks :upside_down_face:

NO! Don’t do it! Not safe! I was like get the hell away from at that point :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely not you insides are still healing and going back to where they are supposed to I did a 4 week check up and my obgyn said I was fine but to still wait because my organs need to go back into their normal place

I was pregnant again at my 6 week check up…Irish Twins…:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I would definitely wait because you don’t want to risk infection. I feel your pain though I had a baby 2 and half weeks ago and I’m ready too.

No… wait 6 to 8 weeks if infection or something goes wrong.

You are healing damn

They say 6 weeks for a reason. Hang in there

1 Like

That’s what my mom did and then she ended up having my sister 10 months later lol

1 Like

My 1st pregnancy we made it to 4.5 weeks before we started having sex again. My 2nd pregnancy (which was my csection) we made it to barely 4 weeks. I understand their concern and why they say to wait, we are just not patient people in my house…

We are not supposed to but I did. Lol

No don’t… Your insides are still healing

Wow. Just wow.
There is a very good reason EVERY doctor says to wait until 6 weeks. You have an open wound that can get infected. But hey I guess sex is more important

2 Likes

I was told to wait 12 weeks after my emergency cesarean as inside has been ruffled around and interrupted enough and needs enough time to heal. Its dangerous if you do it earlier but some people do risk it. Personally I wouldn’t as if something goes wrong or you get an infection, you will be unable to care for your newborn bubba x

1 Like

No your told to wait 6 weeks for a reason your still healing and may get an infection x

Not intercouse but fulling around is good

Are you normal? Or you just playing with us?

1 Like

2 weeks your not supposed to but I did

2 Likes

My midwife said that you can have sex again when you are ready. It always says 6 weeks after a c-section but every body takes it different. I know people that didn’t move for the first 6 weeks because of pain and I got back from the hospital and went back to my normal routine. So just do what you think what is the best for you

I had a C section and waited 6 weeks. I love my sex life and don’t want to risk a long term injury that would impact it By busting a stitch and / or getting an infection there.

2 Likes

The 6 weeks is just a guideline, to be wary of. If you feel up to it, just be careful. And in terms of your husband (lucky lady BTW :joy:) just tell him to be careful and just be vocal with him if its too much. Have fun :slightly_smiling_face::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The only desire i had at 3 weeks after having a baby was to sleep…
I would also put my body healing first too you may feel ok then doing that could royally stuff you up it is just not worth it :woman_shrugging: IMO

5 Likes

well my girl is 15 months and my son is almost 5 months so what’s that tell ya😅

1 Like

I did 2 weeks after but becareful my oldest 2 are 10 1/2 months apart

1 Like

Your body your decision. I’ve had 3c sections, the first omgawd!! The pain it took me two or three months… But, the second was around a month and by the third I don’t even think I waited two weeks. It’s so in how you feel

We had sex (with a condom) at 4 weeks pp after my csection.

I made sure I was bleeding anymore, and that I wasn’t uncomfortable. We also took it very slow. We had messed around before then so I knew I wasn’t as tender as before.

As long as you’re safe, you’re not bleeding, and you feel up to it. Go for it.

I would say not. C sections are major surgeries. Your abdominal wall is still healing as well as your incision. You should not be having intercourse until your doctor clears you. There are other ways to be intimate without penetration.

8 Likes

I had a friend that tried to around the 4 week mark and she had said it was a huge mistake! She was so sore and set back her healing another week. Wouldn’t recommend it.

I didn’t have a c section but I had a forceps delivery. I waited for 6 weeks. It was hard but I didn’t feel healed enough

Need to wait the 6 weeks. And sometimes it takes longer than 6 weeks. C sections are like major surgery. Regardless of if u feel good. I went back to work 3 or 4 weeks after I had my daughter. Biggest mistake of my life

1 Like

We only waited a week or so BUT I didn’t have c-section and my kids were all 4-5lbs when they were born

You need to wait… c-section is major surgery…

1 Like

I would wait for six weeks, your gynae will want you to come in anyway to see how the healing is going and have an internal exam. By then he will give you the go ahead.

1 Like

Just wait. I hear what you’re saying… 6 wks feels long but just get that healing done and it will be even better after that long wait​:upside_down_face::laughing::wink:

1 Like

You are at risk of infection because your cervix isn’t closed up yet

4 Likes

What is your hurry?! Omg heal and wait… you can have sex for the rest of your life!

3 Likes

Wait til dr clears you for penetration. Theirs other ways that are safer.

My parents didn’t. Sis n I r 9 1/2 mos apart. Just wait.

1 Like

We didn’t wait the 6 weeks. It was about a month, maybe less.

By the time i went for my 6 week check up I had tried having sex already and was fine I would say 5 weeks at the least…

I never had a c section, but I def had sex before the six weeks and…got pregnant again! Just don’t do it lol.

1 Like

Wait the 6 weeks. I have vaginal birth with my first and didn’t wait. It was so painful and I was so sore for quite a while after. It was not worth it. I waited the 6 weeks every kid after that.

Hell no 5 months later i still feel where i was cut if something even touches that area… I def wouldnt have sex … They say it takes a year to heal completely and you are extremely fertile… So unless u want to have a kids 10 months apart. I would not!!! Let your body heal.

Definitely not ready… Pain may be gone, but your incision is still weak and healing and it’s easy to put too much stress on it and cause complications… I had 2 C-sections and felt “healed” after 2-3 weeks with each, but your body just can’t handle that. Maybe be try oral? Or masturbating? At least to take the edge off lol. Your halfway there!!

7 Likes

You shouldn’t. You might feel healed but inside you are still healing. I had c sections and I was still really tender after 6 wks. Just take your time or you will be waiting longer because you will end up with an infection

9 Likes

If your husband is well endowed, he will definitely cause alot of painful damage to you. The possible pleasure won’t be worth all the damage you will have to deal with. Please let yourself heal. I had three daughters back to back with my ex husband
He didn’t let me wait the six weeks after delivery. I had lots of issues. Don’t follow my example and deal with alot of pain and infections

7 Likes

I have had four c-sections dont do it its not worth the risk you can and will get an infection , the inside still needs to heal there is a reason the six weeks wait is in place, there are other ways to be intimate with your partner

5 Likes

I would say with a c section to wait it out just to be safe for infections you might be healed down there but maybe not inside all the way could reopen something up or cause infection not counting babies that are really close in age cause condoms don’t always work either

I think it was 4 weeks from my c section and we had sex. We also used a condom I also needed love by that time. Wasn’t expecting my son quite yet so I was getting cranky lol

2 Likes

I am 5 weeks postpartum from a c section and the thought makes me weak. they legit cut you up outside to uterus pull a baby out and sew you up. I could go for some lovin but not at the risk of pregnancy or opening anything.

6 Likes

If a full term baby can come out of there , nothing is too big to go in there . And yes with a c section the hormones still make everything flexible in your pelvis .

3 Likes

I am a nurse-midwife and I only restrict ladies for 6 weeks who have had tears in or near their rectum. I say go for it if you feel like it~most C/Section Moms have sex earlier than vaginally birth Moms

Please remember, the 6 week rule is not just because of vaginal recovery you have a open wound in your uterus the size of a dinned plate from the placenta. Its a huge infection risk to not wait the 6 weeks

6 Likes

Thats what toys are for. Ive had 2 c sections and couldn’t even think about that for the first few months. Im bout to go thru a 3rd and my husband asked the same question and I had to school him lol

1 Like

I dont know about yall but even after 8 weeks with a c section delivery it hurt my still healing uterus when having an orgasm

2 Likes

Look up what a placenta looks like once it is out of your uterus. There is the fetal side. And then there is the maternal side. That side is attached to the mothers uterine wall. It is literally a huge open wound inside your body once the placenta is expelled. That wound is The size of a serving plate. And is the reason your Dr’s say to wait 6 weeks. C-sections just add to the degree of wounds in/on your body.

2 Likes

If you had a wound on your leg with stitches and all, would you rub lube and spermeside on it with a glove? No? Sounds crazy right? Well then, there ya go. Now… could you use a massager on it, maybe a little heat? Heck yea you could!!

6 Likes

You can…but you shouldn’t allow your body to heal and your body to return back to normal.

There is a reason for the 6 weeks. It takes time for the cervix to close. If you introduce any germs you can get a bad infection up there. Just wait the 6 weeks.

8 Likes

I thought it was also because of the orgasm causes issues. Ask the doctor all the reasons why they suggest not to

Good grief. You’re willing to take that risk? Wait it out for your own sake!

2 Likes

I can’t believe the things people ask for advice on Facebook! Ask your dang doctor!!!?

17 Likes

Don’t do it!!! Even with a csection your at risk for infection.

Your doctor says 6 weeks or longer for a reason… :woman_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

Call your doctor what are you asking us for.
Call the office, not too smart of an idea

4 Likes

Ouch with a csection? I wouldn’t dare even try it!

1 Like

I wouldn’t try it. You need to let all the swelling go down.

I got pregnant when my 5th baby was 5 weeks old

1 Like

I’ve seen a patient who did and was admitted with an infection.

If your comfortable go for it!
I had two c sections and after six weeks it really really hurt.
But everyone is different

Dont do it i did before the six weeks ended up with infection then pregnant again my last two kids were not a year apart. Iam done.

I had a c-section I only made it at the 4 week mark I would go easy. If you feel like your body is healed it’s up to you I would just be careful

1 Like

^ Erika Martin and you didn’t have serious complications with your pregnancy that soon after like those muscles and everything aren’t even close to being healed at three weeks , where you able to carry to term ??

This sounds like something your husband would write , not the new Mom…

1 Like

I did. But you are very likely to get pregnant fast… so just be mindful of that.

1 Like

Six weeks, cervix isn’t closed. Damage it and could cause spontaneous miscarriage

1 Like