Is it safe to send pictures over text or messenger?

This is my first pregnancy. I’m 35 weeks, almost 36. Me and my husband both agreed that we don’t want any photos of her to be posted on social media due to all the human trafficking and creeps online. Not all of our family is able to see her in person, however. Does anyone know if Messenger or texts are safe to send pictures? Are there any other options?

36 Likes

You can send them that way privately and it won’t be available publicly. The issue is, you don’t know what the person that your sending the photos to is gonna do with them

The problem there is one you send them the picture; they have rights to do whatever they want with it. Even post it online.

I’ve never, ever posted a photo of my Daughter on my social media profiles.
The issue is, you need to make people aware of your rules.
I made a closed, secret group for my Daughter and only have close family and friends on there who know that I don’t allow photographs of my child to be shared.
I won’t send photos to anyone who I think will share then elsewhere.
Stick to your boundaries. Xx

4 Likes

Just video call each person tell them no screen shots c

1 Like

I use the app FamilyAlbum and people have to be invited to your personal album

4 Likes

I would just be careful in case your Facebook-messenger happens to get hacked. It is possible your profile would be hacked & whomever hacked it could see your little one

Use the WhatsApp App

3 Likes

Send the pictures. Your family deserves to see the baby. Also using the mail is still an option…

4 Likes

The issue you have with sending pictures is the receiver showing other people or putting them online themselves. Doesn’t matter what your rules are of no pics of your child online. Someone will do it without your permission.

1 Like

If you’re worried about your pictures being taken by creeps then I would use recorded delivery with a courier service to send physical copies can’t hack into a peice of paper

3 Likes

WhatsApp is what we use

There is family apps that can safely send pictures back n fourth

Even sending pictures through snail mail wouldn’t be safe for you because it could still get intercepted and opened, now the bad guy has your exact name and address along with your pictures. Don’t ever let anybody see your baby unless it’s in person and they have been patted down for cameras/phones to make sure they can’t take pictures. Don’t take the baby outside either because strangers will see it and anybody in the world is capable of taking pictures. The only way for you to guarantee that your child’s picture doesn’t end up online is to guarantee that nobody has pictures and nobody will ever have the chance to take a picture of your child.

41 Likes

My family uses TinyBeans. It’s secure and only accessible to those my sister grants access to, for us to see pics of my baby niece. I get a daily email of recently added pics.

We use photocircle! Only anyone we invite to get the app can see the pics I put in the album

We use WhatsApp its encrypted.

All apps / videos can be hacked. More than likely it won’t happen because they’re is no monetary gain.
Choose one that’s easy for you and tell the family and friends not to post. If they can’t follow that then they get no pics.

Texted them to family if that’s the case

I use Snapchat to share photos of my daughter because you can decide who to send them to.

WTH moms!? She is asking a simple question about keeping her baby safe.

3 Likes

Don’t take your baby out either because you know there’s creeps and they can take their own pics, js. 🤷

12 Likes

We just send pictures through text!

Family Album is a good app for sharing pictures with only those you invite.

1 Like

Send them through text and just let people know your expectations that they are not posted on social media.

4 Likes

Look up Skylight… love it a few in my family have it and send pictures to each others… it a digital photo frame that you can send pictures to.

Family album app and you can invite family and they can view all photos there

4 Likes

We use FamilyAlbum app… it’s great

1 Like

I would look into a skylight picture frame. You can get them for family members. All you do is email pictures to the frame and it shows up almost instantly.

2 Likes

My husband and I made the same decision before our son was born. When he was born I posted on Facebook about his arrival and that we asked everyone who took pictures of him or received any from us to not post them online and asked that they respect our choice. We use text and Facebook messenger to share photos of him.

2 Likes

You could FaceTime and then send pictures by post

Text or the family album app. Messenger can get hacked and Mark Zuckerberg is a creep too(the founder of Facebook).

1 Like

Telegram is an encrypted messaging app you may want to try that

Another vote for family album, but we almost went for tiny beans. Video calling is also lovely.

I made a google photos album that recognizes their faces in pictures and the album is automatically updated and shared with everyone who has the albums link

I love 1st time moms :heart::joy:

43 Likes

I would say send them through text but make it very clear to your family and friends that you do not want them shared on social media. When our youngest was born we told family not to share them they were good about it you just have to let them know.

1 Like

Why the fuck are people laughing at this?? This shit is so real. People need to grow the fuck up.

Messenger is safe :slight_smile:

You can send old fashion photographs.

1 Like

Text pics through regular phone

I have honestly learned that I can’t control who shares my pictures. I have sent pictures in text and messenger and people still share them and put them as their cover pictures or profile pictures (publicly) no matter how much I ask them not to. Even sending old school paper pictures, people still take pictures of the pictures and share them.

1 Like

Whatsapp is a good one, I have all my family on there as a group chat so I can send photos of the kids and all your pictures get backed up as well for safe keepings !!! 10 out of 10 recommend :pray:

That’s why they make privacy settings on facebook…

When my Nanna was still alive I still posted photos to her, she loved it

Print photos & mail them.

If that is something that’s that concerning to you, just print out pictures and mail them. If people want to post them chances are they probably won’t care if you don’t want them online or not. Not saying all family members do that but a big majority of them do